Start by marking “Before You Get to Heaven: 8 Mighty Changes God Wants for You” as Want to Read:
Before You Get to Heaven: 8 Mighty Changes God Wants for You

Before You Get to Heaven: 8 Mighty Changes God Wants for You

Some people would call this a "self-help" kind of book. The author prefers to identify it, in a sense, as a "Divine-help" book. The secret of self-esteem can never be completely found in the positive-mental-attitude approach. The fact is, if your relationship with Heavenly Father is good, you feel fine about yourself. Right here and now, before you get to heaven, you can l ...more
Published September 28th 2004 by Shadow Mountain (first published September 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Before You Get to Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before You Get to Heaven

Susan
Dec 08, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds-nonfiction
I really enjoyed this inspiring book about the changes we all need to make before we die. Ogden is an excellent writer and has some profound things to say--and to think about.
Tawny
Jul 19, 2010 Tawny rated it really liked it
If you're looking for a spiritual mirror that will show you what you've achieved and what you're still lacking, this book will do the trick. Favorite lines:
1. "The temperature necessary to refine us is different for each person. Our refinement is customized for each of us by a perfect and omniscient Father" (15).
2. "When Satan reminds you of your past, just remind him of his future" (65).
3. "There is no room for God in a man who is full of himself" (126).
4. "Comparison is the root of all feeli
Ed
Jan 02, 2012 Ed rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I will keep it by my bedside. It cuts to the chase and gets down to the heart of the matter real quick. These are characteristics that when I don't work on them I get further from God, and when I do work on them I get closer to God. This book helps me remember what is really important and helps motivate me to work on building these in my life. I recommend this book to anyone desiring to get closer to God and striving to get to heaven.
Heather
Aug 24, 2011 Heather rated it really liked it
Although this is a short read, it has some really key points that keep coming to mind weeks after I've read it. Some of the most memorable "changes" that I've thought about are--having the spirit, being strictly obedient, getting rid of pride, and having Christ-like love. I could see myself using this as a reference for future lessons/talks.
Joanne
May 27, 2011 Joanne rated it it was amazing
This was a gift to me. (should I take the hint?) It would not have been the type of book I'd normally buy, but what a great book! It's short and very insightful. It's scriptural based. It's also very well written. A definite 5 star.
Beth
Mar 09, 2014 Beth rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading D. Kelly Ogden. He has a strong scriptural and doctrinal base and yet writes like someone who it would be fun to talk with, not trying to show off his knowledge or intimidate. His writing promotes hope and optimism.
Linda
Jan 14, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
An amazing book - I learned so much from Bro. Ogden's thoughts in this book. I especially was impressed with the chapter on Pride and My Choice - but all of them had great information and thought provoking life changing suggestions. Highly recommend this book.
Scott Whitney
Jan 07, 2011 Scott Whitney rated it it was amazing
A beautifully written how to guide for this life. I will continue to use it as a reference manual. His experiences and knowledge are solid examples.
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
I bought this book after hearing the author speak. Enjoyed the author sharing his personal scripture study guide on several topics at the end of the book.
Denise
Oct 26, 2011 Denise rated it liked it
Read the book fairly quickly but wanted to go through all the scriptures in the 3 appendices so that took some time.
Annette
Annette rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2009
Chelsie Mills
Chelsie Mills rated it really liked it
May 29, 2010
Ada Jacobsen
Ada Jacobsen rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2008
Nettie
Nettie rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2012
Renee
Renee rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2014
Roy
Roy rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2008
DeAnn
DeAnn rated it liked it
Oct 22, 2012
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2008
Danielle Williams
Aug 26, 2013 Danielle Williams rated it liked it
David Ogden is a wonderful person. I enjoyed this book but not as much as his other books.
Kelly Marcu
Kelly Marcu rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2011
Elaine
Elaine rated it it was ok
Feb 20, 2008
Donna
Sep 03, 2008 Donna rated it it was amazing
I found this one amazing.
Tierra
Tierra rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2011
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2013
Sarah rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2008
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2008
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2012
Jolene
Jolene rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Melissa Martindale
Melissa Martindale rated it really liked it
Feb 06, 2008