Start by marking “That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped” as Want to Read:
That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped

That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped

Have you ever felt your pets are your only true friends? That's exactly how thirteen-year-old Chet Parker felt every day of his life. After failing at sports, music, and almost everything imaginable, he gave up on ever finding his place in the world. But thanks to an accidental dose of modified dog DNA, things were about to change for Chet. With a new found connection to h ...more
Published October 8th 2012 (first published October 7th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Pet Finder Kid - Catnapped

S.W.
Oct 17, 2012 S.W. rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Chet is a kid who's on a journey that can be tough to take. He's not part of the 'in' crowd and he's not a great 'talent' in sport either. He's bullied by kids who are shallow (I hate bullies) and he doesn't have the confidence to stand up to them. Chet's best friends are his pets. They love him unconditionally.

Then along comes Douglass, a brainy nerd who is very comfortable with his own self. He also has a lack of friends, but he sees that as a positive. He can concentrate on things he enjoys -
Rhonda
Nov 10, 2012 Rhonda rated it it was amazing
The Pet Finder Kid -Catnapped by Scott Clements
5 STARS

The Pet Finder Kid is entertaining,funny,mystery novel. I loved the characters.
The plot was good. I remember some of those feelings the kids faced in JR. High School.
Chet Parker feels that his pet Zoey is his only friend that he has. He is not good in sports,awkard talking to girls.
When Zoey was a puppy she needed help to survive and the Vet was going to give her a shot of DNA of a bigger dog. Thier was a accident and Chet got the shot. He
Oct 15, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it
this is a cute mystery for young readers. The main character, Chet, thinks he only has one friend, but finds out he really does have more. (oh, didn't we all feel that way in middle school!?). The story has some cute giggle moments --I particularly liked it when Douglass said "he is the dorky kid I am his nerdy friend" I admit, I loved Douglass.
Chet is smart enough to solve the mystery of his friends cat but typically middle-school boy-can't figure out why Stephanie stares at him'! soooo funny!
Amy Harrison
Dec 04, 2012 Amy Harrison rated it it was amazing
Utterly fantastic! As a cat mommy to not one but two Mr. Fluffy Pants of my own this grabbed my attention immediately and I just had to read it. It's a great book for the kids for sure, but there are some fantastic references that the parents will pick up on too and thoroughly enjoy. Once again Scott hits it out of the park.
Jami
Feb 18, 2013 Jami rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this. It was a cute mystery, and an enjoyable read. I liked the characters in the book, as well as the humor. I decided that Chet reminded me of a cross between John Grisham's Theodore Boone (he's a kid lawyer, and there is always at least one scene involging animal court) and Encyclopedia Brown (with Douglass' help and scientific references, of course!) Well done!
Wensday
Nov 08, 2012 Wensday rated it really liked it
This is a very enjoyable read. It reminds us that we accept our real friends for who they are and that our friends are always with us through good and bad. This is one of those stories that leave you smiling at the end. I am hoping that there are more adventures of “That Pet Finder Kid.”
Scott Clements
Oct 09, 2012 Scott Clements rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This book had me begging to see the little guy succeed! Who hasn't wondered where they fit in this mixed up world. The relationship between this boy and his dog is touching, and this book is a real triumph for second time middle-grade author Scott Clements!

Oh wait, I'm second time middle-grade author Scott Clements... I think my view may be a bit skewed... more importantly, what do you think?!
Susan Rose
Susan Rose rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Jonathan Peters
Jonathan Peters rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Đaniia Thaher
Đaniia Thaher rated it really liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Marie Lay
Marie Lay rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2015
Gail
Gail rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Kirsten Appleton
Kirsten Appleton rated it did not like it
Dec 25, 2015
Casi
Casi rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2014
Kelley
Kelley rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2012
Rose R
Rose R rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2015
Gary
Gary rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Wayland Abernathy III
Wayland Abernathy III rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Dave Mammas
Dave Mammas rated it it was ok
Mar 15, 2013
Crystal Brown
Crystal Brown rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2014
Pat Clements
Pat Clements rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Emjay2usgmail.com
Emjay2usgmail.com rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2014
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Jevelyn
Jevelyn marked it as to-read
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
PJ
PJ marked it as to-read
Elise
Elise marked it as to-read
Sharon Huether
Sharon Huether marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Geri
Geri marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Kay Butz
Kay Butz is currently reading it
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Karyn
Karyn marked it as to-read
Charlene Witt
Charlene Witt marked it as to-read
Nancy Gallagher
Nancy Gallagher marked it as to-read
Kyle
Kyle marked it as to-read
Jean Olaughlin
Jean Olaughlin marked it as to-read
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Beth
Beth marked it as to-read
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Jacob
Jacob marked it as to-read
Danielle Joy
Danielle Joy marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2012
  • Andy the Spider
  • The Tale of the Clownfish and the Great Shark
  • A Scaly Tale (Ripley's RBI, #1)
  • The Christmas Key: A Christmas Advent-ure
  • The Mystic Travelogues
  • The Great Pyramid Robbery (The Seven Fabulous Wonders, #1)
  • Summer of the Woods (The Virginia Mysteries #1)
  • Gator Aide (Rachel Porter, #1)
  • Fairies and Fireflies: Bedtime Stories
  • A Book of Dog Breeds For Children: They're All Dogs
  • The Legend of Diamond Lil (J.J. Tully Mystery #2)
  • White Star: A Dog On The Titanic
  • Beatrix Potter Illustrated Collection
  • Spring Story
  • Attack of the Fluffy Bunnies
  • The Fall of the Amazing Zalindas  (Sherlock Holmes and the Baker Street Irregulars #1)
  • The Gift of Nothing
  • Get A Life! 8 Steps to Create Your Own Life List
Once upon a time, there was a young boy living in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. As the youngest of three children, the boy was small. He watched from off stage as his sister danced and twirled on stage in whatever production his mother’s ballet company was performing. The boy and his brother worked with their father to build sets, hang lights, and do whatever technical things needed to be accomplishe ...more
More about Scott Clements...