Start by marking “When Summer Ends” as Want to Read:
When Summer Ends

When Summer Ends

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  8,492 ratings  ·  733 reviews
Chloe Henderson has never been one to break the rules or push the boundaries… but during her summer break, she and her friends use fake IDs to sneak into a club. It’s there that she meets handsome and alluring bartender, Will Morris. The pair hit it off immediately, growing closer with every passing day. But as with every summer, it has to end sometime.

Chloe’s senior year
Published September 27th 2012 by Smashwords

Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 23, 2013 Stacia (the 2010 club) rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like forbidden love and are willing to overlook a lot of ridiculousness
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Myself because I am a sucker for student-teacher romances
Hi. My name is Stacia. I'll be your cruise director for this trip on the spoiler seas.

Ah, what the heck. I probably could find a way to complain without spoilers like I normally do, but I figured I'd just warn you this time and you can choose whether or not to read this review, Cutie. So here we go - spoilers ahead. You've been warned.

Yeah, that's right. I said it. I called you a cutie. Doesn't that make you uncomfortable? Because I sure know that every single time Will called Chloe a Cutie, I
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
*First thought as soon as the book got over*
I SERIOUSLY HOPE THAT NICK & SAM GET A BOOK!!

Witty, Full of humor, TOTALLY adorable and So effing cute!!
LOVED THE BOOK
All the twist and turns! Super amazing.. the book is written so nicely.. its got amazing one liners

Will is just... AGRH!! <3 I can totally picture his hot ass ;) He is just SWOON

Sam, FUCK.. I want him so bad! ;) Mad child

Nick <3 I wish I have a best friend like him someday! He's abso-freaking-lutely amazing!
Especially with all
Erin
*Releases long sigh and shakes head* This is a tough one to review. I'm going to try to cover both the things I enjoyed and the things I disliked, but I'm afraid there are more of the latter.

When I read the summary for this last week, my initial reaction was "oh yay, this sounds good!", but there was a nagging thought in the back of my mind. It's about a teenager who sneaks into a bar (obviously fake ID) and starts dating the bartender Will (obviously over 21), only to find out he's her high sc
Gisbelle
I didn't enjoy this book at all. The characters were not realistic in my option and the pace was too slow and a bit too much detail. I didn't understand why Will liked Chloe in the first place. She was so immature and extremely annoying for her age (she often stuck out her tongue and said stupid things).

What really confused me is that Will and Chloe were intimate to the point that they started sleeping together, but Will didn't know how old Chloe was. It is just not possible. Moreover, Chloe agr
Amber
I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE READ SOMETHING SO TERRIBLE. I only got through a few pages before realizing I couldn't go on. I refuse to even skim because it was that bad.

Here were my main gag factors.

1. Annoying narrator- She talked about his "ass" nonstop. Like a few times on each page. He made her mouth water. She was hornier than a dog in heat and very immature.

-"His hard, toned body was pressed against my back; his breath blew across my cheek making me hot and bothered."

-"Taio Cruz; Dynamite, star
FreakChiq
I've read this a while ago on Wattpad and I thought it was really good! I liked it a lot better than Colleen Hoover's Slammed if I'm honest. If you're into student-teacher affair novels, then you should definitely give When Summer Ends a try.
Kristi
Started off GREAT, and I thought, "this is going to be a good one". Unfortunately, I was sadly wrong. Firstly, the author is obviously not American, based on her spelling. I'm assuming from the UK, as words like "realise" and "humour" are the correct spelling over there, not in the US. It was distracting to keep reading words that were obviously misspelled for an American reader. (The book is based in the US).

Additionally, the book is very drawn out and just soooo boring and slow at times. I've
H ∞Δnother book Junkie∞
“If something's worth having, it's worth working for.”

4 STARS READ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
Genres:
Young Adult/Romance
368 pages
Published September 27th 2012 by CreateSpace

It was fun reading this book. I love that forbidden teacher/student relationship. I also loved that this book is not like most teacher/student relationship that we read about and see in TV shows. In When Summer Ends the two main characters actually got to know each other and dated for almost two months before they discovered that he was her
Helena
Going through this YA/NA phase at the moment so I've come across a lot of shit books but this one is up there with the worst of them.

I couldn't even finish it. I mean how can you date a guy for 2-3 weeks, spend every day with him but never broach the subject of school and work. So she says "I go to school" and he assumes she means college. Ok, believable. But are you telling me he never bothered to ask her what she was studying at college? And he lands a brand new job as a teacher but it doesn'
ChuCha
"He's sick, this whole situation is sick and illegal."

EXACTLY!

Whew! Finally, I am so done with this novel.

I am torn between hating it and loving it - but I guess, it's more of the former. Almost 2/3 of the novel had me:

some_text

I didn't like Chloe. I absolutely hated her as the story progresses. I guess she tried to shift her feelings and see other people - but she still failed and opted to follow her feelings even though its not right. I'm not saying that love should be logical all the time - but gee
Britney

I just love a good student/teacher book! I’ve seen it done tastefully and not so much. There are so many factors that can “make” or “break” a book written about a taboo topic. It’s all up to the reader on how they perceive the story. Before I started this book I read some reviews- positive and negative. I knew I would either love it or hate it…

I am happy to say that I loved this book!!

Chloe is a strong and multi dimensional character. Smart, funny, quirky, beautiful and feisty. I really connect
Shelley
Hugely disappointed. This is the worst original book I have ever read. I say original because Cassandra Clare's works are the worst books, but they are plagiarized so they aren't original.

This book, however, was original. And horrible.

I even dropped my kindle in disgust, leaving a battle scar on the surface.

Here's a few reasons why:

It sounds like it's written by a bloody 12 year old
There are childish and immature jokes like the "that's what she said," jokes. Amateur writing skills and lacking ta
Berna
When you suddenly discover that the guy you're falling in love with, is actually your teacher, what would you do?

I give this book 4.5 stars.

I really liked the story. Who isn't attracted to forbidden love? With a hot hot hot intelligent twenty year old none the less!

LOVE WILL! Who doesn't? He's the most romantic guy ever!

Chloe was sometimes a hand full. I mean, yeah, we got the guy is sweet, you don't have to say it ALL THE TIME, daydreaming all day with him. Can be a little suffocating. I m
Lia
I loved this book. But I spent at least 38 out of 41 chapters extremely stressed out about Chloe and Will's taboo relationship. The stress of whether or not they would get caught was killing me. I certainly was rooting for them. Chloe and Will made the perfect couple. They just really complimented each other. Will is a total romantic. All men should take note from him. ;) In the end, Will and Chloe got their happily ever after. And I couldn't be happier about how their story ended.
Jacqueline
This was such a good read.
17-year-old girl sneaks into a club, meets a hot guy. They spend the summer together...then she returns for her final year of high school and discovers she has a new maths teacher. Oops.
This story had everything I love in a book -The illicit thrill of the affair, but not in a creepy, tawdry way, amazing chemistry and sweet, belly tingling romantic scenes. There's some angst and drama, but it's balanced nicely with humorous banter and some memorable characters.
Yes so you
Uriah
Spoilers (Chiquitos)

LLLLLLindo. Levanten las manos las fanáticas de las historias de amor. \o/

Will es el novio más dulce, tierno y detallista del mundo. Yo quiero.

El libro tiene relleno, pero no es nada extremo.

Te lo pintan como 'Amor Prohibido' pero lo primero que pienso cuando escucho eso es en Forbidden y este libro no se le parece. Porque deja de ser prohibido en el momento en que ella termina la escuela, osea, no es permanente el que no puedan estar juntos.

Éste es de esos libros que querés
Olivia
Okay, I bought this book off iTunes for like, $3.00, and now I can see why. There wasn't really anything about this book that I enjoyed. it took me a long time to read just because I kept putting off reading it. I mean, I would have stopped... but I bought it, so i think I owed it to myself to read it. Here are some of the things about this book that I disliked:
The narrator in this book (Chloe) was so idiotic. But of course, she is a teenage girl, so...
She begins in the book by arriving at a clu
Jacqueline's Reads
3.5 Stars

[Summary]

It’s the summer before Chloe’s last year in High School. Chloe sneaks into a 21 years old and up bar and meets Will, the bartender. They hit it off immediately and form a relationship. However, everything comes crashing to a stop on Chloe’s first day at school, when she sees Will and he’s not a student.

[Review]

I wish I didn’t know Will was a teacher, but I wouldn’t have picked up When Summer Ends if I didn’t, so I’ll rephrase, I wish we found out Will was a teacher way in the b
Paola Gabriella
De hecho es 2.5, pero bueno
Primera pregunta, Paola, ¿Por qué decidiste leer éste libro sino eres muy fanática del romance? Bueno, es que me sentía en el humor de leer algo ligero y dulce y empalagoso, así como cuando dan ganas de ver una película de Jennifer Aniston de comedia romántica, sabes que probablemente va a ser pésima, que el guión será cliché y el reparto dejará mucho que desear, pero hay la posibilidad de que los escritores logren que tenga frescura, y te aferras a esa mínima posibili
Georgia
I actually really enjoyed this! Ever since reading Slammed, I have enjoyed reading teacher-student affair novels (not that any book will ever top Slammed!). Although there were some disturbing similarities between When Summer Ends and Slammed, I still loved the story line in When Summer Ends. Apart from the similarities, it was an alright book. The writing definitely needed some work but, it was a pretty reasonable novel. When Summer Ends was actually a pretty big eBook. Glad I read this!

When Ch
Candice
2.5 Stars

I love teacher/student books. I don't know why I love the whole forbidden love thing, but I do. With that said, I've read quite a few of them, one being Slammed by Colleen Hoover. Now, I HATE comparing books, and I never have before but there were too many similarities to Slammed in When Summer Ends. I am not saying that the situations were the same, I am saying certain details were the same. Same "have to stay away from each other and basically ignoring each other", same possessivenes
Samantha
I might say that this is the first book that I patiently read because i normally read books that has only hundred pages but this has a thousand pages(in iPhone) and has 41 chapters plus the epilogue. It keeps every chapter more and more interesting and makes the readers eager to know the next happenings.

But there are things that I didn't much like about the story because it became a teacher-student relationship which we know is very wrong and illegal. And there are happenings between Chloe and
Charlotte
This book was written in a way I can only describe as 'Fifty Shades of Grey-esque' with less sex.

I imagine a book that fans of the Fifty Shades series would enjoy, myself not being one of them. The whole point of this story for me is not believable in the slightest and in fact wrong. None of the story adds up or is in the least bit believable.

This will probably be a spoiler. The way Chloe and Will's relationship progresses is confusing and unrealistic. In reality, they both have been dating for
Luisa B.
Me ha dejado sin palabras -Literalmente.
Lo ameee!! <3
Hubo drama, risas, lágrimas y una cantidad de escenas románticas y cosas dulces.
Es uno de esos libros en donde puedes sentir el amor en cada página, en cada palabra, pero sin ser lo suficientemente rosa como para hastiarte. A mí me robo más de un suspiro, sin mencionar todos los diálogos graciosos que trae.
Es una historia preciosa, sencilla y ágil. Todo se desarrolla a un ritmo constante y en ningún momento se hace tediosa o aburrida.
S
Brit
ok, first of all i fucking love this book. i say fuck all the mix reviews and buy this book. honestly one of the good books i have read this year. i could hardly put it down. i read it in less then two days, could have been one but i had to work which sucked because this book is god damn addicting. for some reason i been on a kick to read student/teacher affairs and this book was amazing through out everything. this book made me want to read more. and god. will morris, can i just have a teacher ...more
Sharon
Definitely a must read.
Really loved the writing style, the story.
People compare it to 'Slammed' by Colleen Hoover, but i must say, althought the situation is the same, this story is so good on it's own, i don't want to compare.
I loved Will, so romantic, pfff, if i could have a dream guy, it would be him .-)

Read it,you'll be engrossed.
Carrie
I really wanted to like this one. I found it to be just too unbelievable. I didn't find Chloe to be very likable or mature for that matter. I decided Will was either a complete idiot or a pedophile. And how stupid are her parents....Ugh.
Susy
He llegado a la conclusión que todos los Will son perfectos, ok?

Morí de amor con Will, rodé de la risa con Sam, hice muchos "aw" con Nick, me divertí con Amy y Cloe...

No sé que más poner. Amé este libro. Tiene su merecido 5/5
Kelly's Kindle Konfessions
I'm a big fan of the whole Student/ Teacher romance genre and had heard great things about this book, and on the whole I did enjoy it but I did feel it was a bit long winded in parts.
Chloe meets sexy bartender in a club during her summer holidays they immediately connect and both start to fall for each other, until the first day at school when Will ( sexy bartender ) is revealed as the new maths teacher suddenly ending their hot romance, but will they be able to keep their hands to themselves wh
Copied from Twilight Fanfiction 6 129 Sep 13, 2014 08:37AM
Too good to be true? What would you do if you were chole 3 40 Apr 14, 2014 06:43AM
review 7 52 Sep 29, 2013 06:07PM
  • Teach Me
  • The Low Notes (Wexley Falls, #1)
  • Always You
  • Sweetest Taboo
  • A Season of Eden
  • Almost Eighteen (Wilson Mooney #1)
  • Good (Too Good, #1)
  • A Surreptitious Relationship
  • Remember Me (Dear Diary, #2)
  • Please Don't Tell (Please Don't Tell, #1)
  • Falling for the Ghost of You
  • A Multitude of Sins
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
  • Wishing for Someday Soon
  • Broken Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Lost In Light (Teacher's Pet, #1)
  • Loving Mr. Daniels
  • Smitten (Crush, #2)
Tangled Fates

“If something's worth having, it's worth working for.” 61 likes
“I really am crazy about you. Every second I spend with you is better than the one before, but I honestly don't know how that works, because how the hell can you improve on perfection? But you do all the time. You just amaze me.” 47 likes