Start by marking “100 Questions You'd Never Ask Your Parents: Straight Answers to Teens' Questions About Sex, Sexuality, and Health” as Want to Read:

3.47  ·  Rating Details  ·  34 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Teens have questions about sex. This simple manual answers their questions--honestly, simply, and reliably.

What does an orgasm feel like?

Does masturbating have any long-term negative effects?

Does alcohol kill brain cells?

Teens have questions about sex; it's a matter of who they ask and how reliable the answers are. Collected directly from teens and presented in a simple an
Published August 27th 2013 by Roaring Brook Press (first published July 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Questions You'd Never Ask Your Parents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Questions You'd Never Ask Your Parents

Helen
Apr 12, 2014 Helen rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktalks, hub-2014
This is a very straightfoward and succinct Q & A book for middle-schoolers and teens. This is not meant to substitute for a trusted adult; it is merely a list of non-judgmental answers to teens' questions, mostly about sex. The sex and drug answers are short and to the point. The bullying answer seems a little too short and mostly refers kids to a trusted adult, but most adults fail miserably at addressing this issue anyway.

Kids will probably look up a lot of these questions on the Internet
Charles
2.5 - Small enough to be discreet, but perhaps too small to have all the answers a person would want. I question whether a teen would even think to look for a book with these question rather than just searching online. I can't say as I would recommend to a parent either, as its answers are all over the place, and is without much depth in the answers. As we don't have a separate YA nonfiction section in my library (YA nonfic is interfiled with adult nonfic), I believe this book will get lost unle ...more
Alison
Apr 22, 2014 Alison rated it really liked it
I wonder how many teens would actually seek out a book that they have to checkout or buy. But it does have a variety of resources on subjects that teens are more likely than not getting incorrect information on from the internet and what they hear from peers or partners. The format is straightforward and makes it easy for the reader to gather information for particular questions or concerns they might have.
Donna Siebold
There are certainly questions in this book that I would never have asked my parents - especially my mother! At least one page is devoted to each question. This is a smaller book - approximately 7 1/2 inches tall - so a page is not huge. The answers are frank and direct. The book should prove very useful.
Cris
Nov 23, 2015 Cris rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
Some of the questions I remember wanting answers to when I was a pre-teen. The answers are a mixed-bag. Henderson seems to be shooting for a no-nonsense tone that answers the question in a straight-forward way that'll appeal to teens and preteens. Sometimes she manages that. But frequently the answers sound condescending, and like they've been run by some sort of 'morality' police.
Jessica
This is a great book to give any teen. It gives them important health, safety, and emotional advice they may not ask their parents. It's a small thin book, and each question is answered succinctly and without condescension.
Robin
A succinct book for middle schoolers and high schoolers answering basic sex and drug questions. The underlying tone of the book isn't always sex positive, though, and tends to favor abstinence.
Reba Lynn
Really help full
Michelle
Mar 27, 2014 Michelle rated it really liked it
Very informative and straight forward. Unbiased writing and clinical terms. I would highly recommend for teens.
Tristen
Tristen rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Rebekah Rud
Rebekah Rud marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it really liked it
Dec 31, 2015
Arin Williams
Arin Williams rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2015
Trey
Trey rated it really liked it
Sep 27, 2015
Jenny Lusaya
Jenny Lusaya marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2015
Jo-Ann
Jo-Ann rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2015
Antariksh Tiwari
Antariksh Tiwari marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Caroline Fonseca
Caroline Fonseca marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Uriah Guilford
Uriah Guilford rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2015
Janareawilliams
Janareawilliams marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Mickslibrarian
Mickslibrarian marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Cameo La motte
Cameo La motte marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Susie Anderson-Bauer
Susie Anderson-Bauer marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Babiiee Lovee
Babiiee Lovee marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Karen Andriolo
Karen Andriolo rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2015