Start by marking “Maybe Tonight?” as Want to Read:
Maybe Tonight?

Maybe Tonight? (Snap Decision #1)

Maybe Tonight?opens as the reader is getting ready for the most exciting party of the year—Midwinter’s Night Dream, set in the frosty woods just off campus—with her roommates and best friends Annabel Snow, Spider Harris, and Libby Monroe. Choices unfold quickly and the reader must decide which risks to take in pursuit of social status, adventure, success, and love. ...more
Published August 6th 2013 by Roaring Brook Press

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Tonight?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Tonight?

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. MaasBetween the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve TucholkeDeception by C.J. RedwineOrigin by Jennifer L. ArmentroutThe Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
YA Books - Publishing August 2013
59th out of 69 books — 194 voters
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally CarterDon't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally CarterCross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally CarterOnly the Good Spy Young by Ally CarterThe Ring of Rocamadour by Michael D. Beil
Covers with School Uniforms
102nd out of 110 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Carmen
Jul 08, 2016 Carmen rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Choose Your Own Adventure Fans
The lanterns spill a dancing light over everyone, transforming a crowd of trust-fund kids drinking beer from plastic cups into frolicking wood nymphs and fairies at a bacchanal. It's beyond beautiful. You can't help but feel there's something enchanted about this night. That anything could happen if you let it.

This is a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure-style book in which you are a pretty 14-year-old freshman at a prestigious, rich, future-leaders-of-USA boarding school.

Now. This book was a bit weird.
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)
Aug 08, 2013 Christina (A Reader of Fictions) rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc
Oh, the reviewer's dilemma: if you want to read something but it's going to be difficult to review, should you request it? While I could not resist requesting a choose your own adventure book, I find myself unsure how best to review it. Am I duty-bound to read through every possible path to correctly analyze it? Well, I hope not, because I didn't. I completed a couple of the myriad branches, enough to determine that Maybe Tonight? does offer the choose your own adventure fun, but leans a bit too ...more
Rabiah
Jul 24, 2013 Rabiah rated it really liked it
**4.5 stars**

Originally posted at: http://iliveforreading.blogspot.sg/20...

The blurb should have been a dead giveaway, but it was only until I'd started reading this book and started suspecting (later finding out that my suspicions were correct), that this was a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style of a book! I used to read quite a few of these when I was younger, and this prospect alone made this book appealing to me.
I enjoyed the story that I ended up with. I know it'll be a different outcome for
Steph Sinclair
Maybe Tonight? reminds me a fluffy version of the old Choose Your Own Adventure Goosebumps books I used to read in elementary school back in the day. Except it has considerable amount less gore, death and fear. I read this right after I finished a few different “serious” and “deep” books, so the lighter feel was perfect for me. The novel is fairly short and filled with different sections that allow the reader to choose how the story unfolds. There’s not really a climax or any “wowing” moments in ...more
Thalia
Jul 31, 2013 Thalia rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Middle-Grade Girly Girls
Recommended to Thalia by: Publisher
Shelves: e-ufh, lrelg-med
Read the review on my blog:
Cheryl
Aug 17, 2013 Cheryl rated it did not like it
I can remember growing up on “choose your own adventure” books. I would be sitting on the library floor right in front of this section in the library, just lost in my own world reading these books and trying to survive until the end. These books helped to fuel my love for adventure and mystery books. I am so glad that these types of books are starting to make a come back.

This book is not one of the best examples of a choose your own adventure. In fact you really should not even spend your time
Temereani
Aug 17, 2014 Temereani rated it it was ok
now i love a story with a happy ending. it has a happy ending? i love it
i love a story where i can choose what happens. i decide their fate? i love it
i love a story with a fast pace because i have little patience and get bored easily. this story is near 200 pages and i can skip a lot of parts? i love it

however just because it this sounds like the kind of book i would LOVE i didnt enjoy it at all. i found the characters, plot and everything else with this book annoying and unrelatable. Especiall
Emily (Book Jems)
1.5 Stars

Maybe, Tonight? was not the book for me. While the cover caught my eye, the content lost my interest and never was able to pull me back in.

Have you ever played a galge video game, or ever read a magazine that gives you situations and based on which you choose, you go to answer a specific question after that? (Did that sentence even make sense?) This book is like that. We are put in the life of a character, who has just entered a prestigious boarding school, and we the readers get to dec
Nathan Hetrick
Aug 13, 2013 Nathan Hetrick rated it liked it
Received as an advance reader copy.

You're a high-school freshman and landed a full scholarship at a fancy private boarding school. You are faced with the most important choices in your young life - are you going to flirt with your BFF's boyfriend or keep a healthy distance? Are you willing to risk being expelled to attend a party, or pass up a chance to party in NYC with A-list celebs? These choices present themselves in a choose-your own story format. There are snap decisions to be made.

This b
Farah Jay
Aug 19, 2013 Farah Jay rated it really liked it
Without even realizing it, Maybe Tonight? was one of those choose your own adventure books! I, being the childish person I always am, loved this idea! I thought it was SUPER cool for an author to take a gamble on something we rarely see in young adult books. I loved that the readers were in control, and the reader kind of gets to choose what they want to happen. Sometimes it doesn't turn out exactly how you want it to be, but hey, you can always start over!

I can't say this was much of a book, bu
Manar
Jun 24, 2014 Manar rated it it was amazing
I was thrilled to discover a YA choose your own adventure book. I'm going to be honest, I didn't take this book very seriously, but I did seriously enjoy it. My friends and I had tons of fun flipping through it and discovering different paths we could take on the thrilling night of the Midwinter Party. I ended up reading through every single option and it was totally worth it. I definitely would recommend reading it with a friend or two though and seeing how your paths diverge.
May 29, 2013 Laura rated it liked it
I suppose creating a "choose your own adventure"-type book for teens is a good idea - they just weren't my favorite when they first came out, probably because I like more linear stories.

The plot is pretty simple: "you" are a girl from poor background somehow gets accepted to The Most Prestigious Prep School in America (without an interview or campus visit? unlikely, but this is fiction, so...) and is roommates with three girls who will clearly be the leaders of the school as seniors. There's an
Danielle Browning
I loved choose your own adventure books when I was a kid, full of action and intrigue, but often they were geared towards boys. So I was elated to see someone was aiming for the girls. I would get to be Nancy Drew for the day, yea! That was not the case, unfortunately.

I cheated and read the whole book so I could see all of the different possible story lines. At 200 pages it took maybe an hour to finish. The target audience is 12 & up. An advanced reading 12 year old would make quick work of
Payal
Jun 11, 2016 Payal rated it did not like it
A choose your own adventure type of books for adults (or young adults)! The concept is interesting however it was carried out badly. The book has such small substance that it falls flat almost instantly. Some of the endings were rather anti-climatic. I had no emotional connections to any of the characters (one of them was supposed to be ME). Ugh! As if!
Wunderdrugged
Sep 01, 2015 Wunderdrugged rated it liked it
Shelves: ya
I thought this was a pretty cool concept! Similar to the choose your own adventure concept. Of course I read all of the different scenarios and I thought they were all pretty good. I would recommend this to someone who was just getting ready to start high school - some of the scenarios teach pretty good lessons without coming across as overly preachy.
Nicole West
Feb 27, 2014 Nicole West rated it really liked it
Love the format of this book. It's like a magazine almost.
I chose the path of going to the party and running after Annie and promising not to steal her ex cause I would be totally loyal to my best friend! And who wouldn't want to go to a party?
Tatiana Sanchez
Apr 25, 2014 Tatiana Sanchez rated it really liked it
It was a first for me to read a book like this. I really liked the book because you choose how the story was told and was from your perspective which I really loved. It was the quickest read I have ever had. It was a breath of fresh air, to make it your own and knowing there were choices to be made. I think is was worth it so read it.
Eva Õunapuu
Jul 07, 2014 Eva Õunapuu rated it it was ok
I thought it was an interesting and a unique book. It was a light read and I read it in one go. I was expecting more from it though so I was a little dissappointed.
Holly Letson
I got the "You tell the truth, so everyone hates you." ending. Very unimpressed. You should be accepted and praised for telling the truth.
Lucy
For my first run-through, it was a pretty ordinary/unsatisfying result. But still, the book is pretty fun. I'll probably read it again in a bit and see what other ending I can achieve.
J
Feb 13, 2016 J rated it it was amazing
it's cute!
I like it.
but the endings seem uninteresting at times.
Choose your own adventure style.
Mayra
Aug 31, 2013 Mayra rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed reading this, maybe because a friend and I read the scenarios to each other and laughed over several details. I think that to read it by oneself wouldn't be as interesting. I don't think this is geared toward a much younger crowd, given some of the themes. "You" as the main character are sort of shallow and vapid but it's kind of entertaining to read. I actually like "Choose Your Own Adventure" books and their alternative endings.
Molly
May 24, 2014 Molly rated it really liked it
This is so fun! I went through all the possible outcomes and love all the different directions it can go in. I really hope she writes more!
April
Jun 04, 2013 April rated it it was ok
I'm torn between two and three stars. I think I will stick with two though, this one was just disappointing. I was hp hoping for a fun fresh modern day tae on the old choose your own adventure books I read as a kid - frequently starring amateur detectives such as Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys or other young detective teams I no longer remember. This just disappointed in every way - more to come in my full review. :/
Jul 26, 2013 Jennifer rated it did not like it
I don't understand this. And I thought that the story was stupid and really unrealistic. And it is not well explained... my story line just ended and nothing happened. Maybe I am just not the right audience for a choose your own adventure story. Because it was just awkward.

There is zero development. And maybe I am just naive, but I feel like I would nor act like this when I was a 14 year old.
Inge
Dec 23, 2012 Inge rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, arcs
I wish I could give two different ratings: One for me and one for appeal. It was just so-so as far as reading enjoyment (at parts it was a little didactic for my taste), but I think tweens and teens will really be excited about a Choose Your Own Adventure-type book geared at their own age group. This will have particular appeal for reluctant tween and teen readers.
Aria
May 18, 2014 Aria rated it it was ok
I LOVED the choose-your-own-adventure theme of this book. That was pretty fun. What I didn't like was how it was written. Your story would just end abruptly and there wasn't anything to fully satisfy you.

I hope the second book in this series is better.
Sally
Aug 07, 2013 Sally rated it it was ok
Not sure if it's me or the book, but the chapters didn't always link right. I love the idea of "Choose your own adventure", but I don't think all of the links are included. I ended up going back to the beginning and reading straight through.
Natalie
Aug 16, 2013 Natalie rated it really liked it
It was cool being able to discover the ending! I hope to see how my views change... hopefully for the better in that book!

What is your snap decision?
Free Book Giveaway: "Maybe Tonight" Giveaway 1 7 Aug 15, 2013 04:36PM
Free Books, .99 &...: "Maybe Tonight" Giveaway 1 14 Aug 15, 2013 04:35PM
  • Bubble World
  • My Totally Awkward Supernatural Crush
  • Mojo
  • Second Impact
  • Pieces
  • Game On (The Academy, #1)
  • In Too Deep
  • Confessions of a Hater
  • Cy in Chains
  • Summer of the Wolves (Sisters in All Seasons #1)
  • Blues for Zoey
  • The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll & Mademoiselle Odile
  • Dark Return (Seeker, #2)
  • Zen and Xander Undone
  • The Circle of Thirteen
  • Love Disguised
  • Undercurrent
  • The Wall
Bridie Clark was born on October 7, 1977, and spent a happy childhood in West Hartford, CT. Her parents encouraged her early love of reading and writing.

In 1999, Bridie graduated from Harvard College, where she was an editor of The Harvard Crimson. She has since worked as a book and magazine editor, and written for The New York Times, Vanity Fair, New York, Quest, and Elegant Bride.

Bridie’s debut
More about Bridie Clark...

Snap Decision (2 books)