Start by marking “Kill Me First” as Want to Read:
Kill Me First

Kill Me First

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  94 ratings  ·  11 reviews
A brutal killing machine, Merec murders for sheer pleasure. But before he snuffs out his victims' lives, he plays with them, forcing them to reveal their basest nature. All bets are off, though, when he meets Sarah, an enigmatic woman who confounds Merec's cynical expectations by offering her own life in exchange for another's.

Fascinated by her refusal, Merec takes Sarah h
Paperback
Published August 1st 2000 by Avon Books (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Kill Me First, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kill Me First

Barbara Elsborg
I liked so much of this and then felt disappointed by the last quarter of the book. I loved the set up, the start was excellent. Merec is a compellingly awful character. It had touches of 'The Following' in that it showed the power of a personality over people - esp some who should have known better. It's an easy, fast read though I never really did feel Sarah was the age she was supposed to be. But ultimately, I didn't believe in the transformation and that was what let the story down for me.
Vanessa Kuhnen
This book was a wonderful read! The chapters are really short, which I like a lot, and it keeps you hooked with the story from the first page to the last. The characters are very interesting and you start caring for them very soon.
The plot twist is very interesting and unexpected and the finale is very shocking. It has a few gory moments, so if you don't like that at all, you should probably not read it, but I liked the book at it was, it was a great read and I finished it really quick. Once I
Janet
ms Morgenroth forgot that her female character was only 51. But soon Ms Morgenroth will be the same age a realize her character flaws are only in Ms Morgenroth's imagination :) Speaking as a 53 yr old....I can't wait.
Pam
Good plot but the dialog was often poor.
Christine
Really ambitious, and I had high hopes for it at the beginning, but it kind of fell apart towards the end. It could've been really compelling, but it needed to be longer--it needed more explanation--of Merec, of Sarah Shepherd, of Tresler even. Just OK.
Arlene
I really liked it, just as with the other book that Kate Morgenroth wrote, she continually came up with endings that were surprising and disturbing at the same time
Lesley
This book was strangely addictive for me. Confusing! Twisted! Violent! But this author does well in delivering unexpected turns in the story and unexpected ending!
Maurean
A tough, clever suspense; I was especially surprised to find that this was Morgenroth's debut novel. I will read more of her work, if afforded the opportunity.
Mardi
This was her first book and I lovd it. very interesting how trauma in some peoples lives can change who they are. Can't wait to read the next one.
Paula
It was not a good book in my opinion, sorry. Very slow and events were predictable.
She gets kidnapped bla bla bla
Jeanette
Unforgettable characters. Great read.
Heidi Paulson
Heidi Paulson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Andre Almeida
Andre Almeida marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Erin Lee Arvin
Erin Lee Arvin marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Bex
Bex added it
Jun 23, 2015
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Reese
Reese marked it as to-read
Jun 15, 2015
Jessica Guerrero
Jessica Guerrero marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Ashlynn Rogers
Ashlynn Rogers marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2015
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Tobi
Tobi marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014