Start by marking “Come Out - Come Out” as Want to Read:
Come Out - Come Out

Come Out - Come Out

Jenny Burke, a five year old girl, hears a car idling in the driveway. Thinking her father is home, she runs outside to greet him. As she approaches the car, she doesn't recognize the man sitting behind the wheel.

Jenny's father, Jake Burke, is at a hotel when his neighbor calls to inform him that his house is crawling with police officers. Unable to get through to his wife
Published August 29th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Come Out - Come Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come Out - Come Out

Candice
Feb 04, 2013 Candice rated it did not like it
This is Qureshi's "debut" novel and it read like one. The characters were unbelievable, completely static and one dimensional. The story and procedures within the book were barely accurate if not totally ridiculous. The writing was atrocious; Qureshi used periods like he had a quota to fill. The writing was more from a high school student than an actual author who has ever read a book or listened to how people spoke. Extremely long and unbearable, I also do not appreciate the fact that the ...more
Andrea Dylan
Feb 03, 2013 Andrea Dylan rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I was quite taken by it. I've read many articles about kids being kidnapped. The articles never talk about the tortures the victims are put through once they are abducted. This book give details about what happens to the victims and makes one realize how truly fragile a young life (or any life for that matter) really is.

I thought the villain of the book was once of the best characterized antagonists I've come across in a long time. Many authors make their antagonist sy
Robert Jameson
Feb 19, 2013 Robert Jameson rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I was looking for a book to read on my trip from Boston to London. I started it when the plane took off and was done with it when I landed in London.

I'm a fan of psychological thrillers and this book fit the bill. The villain is a complete psycho. The protagonist is a father who seems to have lost everyone he loves in the most brutal way. It's inevitable he'll have to come face to face with the person responsible for turning his life upside down.

The short sentences took a li
Paula Richards
Feb 27, 2013 Paula Richards rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The topic is disturbing and relevant. I see stories like this in newspapers and the television on a regular basis. The ID channel has some great stories from time to time. Whether it's a teacher exploiting students, priests molesting boys, or other maniacs on the streets kidnapping and abducting kids.

Most authors shy away from this subject so not to disturb readers who may choose to ignore what's going on in the real world. Kudos to the author of this book for not being one o
Mary
Feb 01, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Bernye Ayer
Shelves: thrillers
This will definitely keep you up at night. Parts of it were graphic but unfortunately our world is much different than the one I grew up in. I prefer the way I grew up to the in-your-face lifestyle, but if you love criminal minds and abnormal psychology as I do, then you're going to love this book. The ending leaves you wanting but that probably means that this individual will show up in another book somewhere along the way. Definitely worth the investment of time.
Shelly
I bought this for a reading/discussion group that I'm part of on this site, and frankly I was so disappointed in it. I paid $5.99 for it--around the same price as a traditional paperback. I'm really glad I didn't go buy a physical copy, I would have been supremely irritated at myself. As it is, I'm trying to figure out if I can return the epub format. I bought this through Barns and Noble, and it clocks in at 533 pages, and there's some discrepancy between the Nook/epbub/Kindle version.

From the
Robyn Childs
Feb 05, 2013 Robyn Childs rated it it was amazing
"Come Out - Come Out" appears to be one of those book people either like or don't like. I'm in the group that liked and enjoyed reading it. The book is written to resemble a fast paced movie. I believe that is the reason for the short sentences and chapters. Possibly some people are turned off by this style. I loved it.

I read the book in a day and simply couldn't put it down. The story was relevant and the characters were believable. Most thrillers written nowadays are far fetched with ridiculou
Marti
Feb 19, 2013 Marti rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I read this because it was the February selection for the Psychological Thrillers group in Goodreads. There were several people who did not care for it. The content concerns a man who is obsessed with young girls whom he kidnaps and molests until they get to be about 8 years old, and then he kills them. It isn't pleasant. The main character, Jake Burke, is with the CIA but that doesn't save his wife from being killed, and their daughter Jenny from being taken by this monster. According to ...more
Naomi
Feb 08, 2013 Naomi rated it did not like it
Theresa Sivelle
Feb 03, 2013 Theresa Sivelle rated it did not like it
Well, I finished it. I have to say I was not impressed. The story was graphic, which okay, but the writing felt forced. There was several sub lines that I thought really didn't need to be there and were just put in there to add to the volume of the book. It just didn't flow for me.
Renee
Feb 05, 2013 Renee rated it it was ok
I did not like this book, but slogged on through it for book club. The characters were not very believable. There were a few explicit scenes, that were disturbing, and they seemed thrown in. The plot jumped around, we're here and then it's six months later. The ending just plain sucked.
Irene Gomez
Feb 19, 2013 Irene Gomez rated it liked it
This book was extremely disturbing, but I couldn't stop reading it.
Ingo
Feb 12, 2013 Ingo rated it it was ok
Started today February 11th, 2013.
Was recommended from the psychothriller reading forum.
Gripping and very graphic beginning.
Was not up to snuff.
Grammar mistakes - not too many, though, but obvious ones, a good editor should have noticed them, a few errors could be the difference between British and American English or supposedly slang. At times words where missing. Whatever, it disturbed the flow of reading.

Straightforward, boring, reads like revenge story. No twists. People are cardboardlike
Dennis
Dec 03, 2012 Dennis rated it it was amazing
This book can be a little scary sometimes, for those who would want to know that. There are a lot of elements to the book. I live in New York City and it describes the city at some points and I liked those parts.
Mia
Dec 01, 2012 Mia rated it it was amazing

Excellent read, I couldn't put it down without knowing the end. I'm looking forward to a sequel/series and may be a well made movie based on this thriller.
Cheryl
Dec 31, 2012 Cheryl rated it it was ok
This book deals with a very difficult subject that is repulsive to think anyone actually has to live through this. That being said it is poorly written.
Stacy Madalena
Mar 06, 2013 Stacy Madalena rated it liked it
Rather disturbing story. While it kept me intrigued, I have to say it was not believable. And I thought the ending was very abrupt....I'm guessing that the author is planning a sequel.
Stacy W
Stacy W rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2013
Cheryl
Mar 12, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was ok
The characters were unbelievable, completely static and one dimensional.
Angela
Angela rated it it was ok
Feb 13, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Jamie Jo
Jamie Jo rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2013
Ruth
Ruth rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2013
Lynne Leach
Lynne Leach rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Whitney
Whitney rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2013
Jenny
Jenny rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2013
Jordin Elkins
Jordin Elkins rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2015
Cindy Voutila
Cindy Voutila rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2012
Michelle Wade
Michelle Wade rated it really liked it
May 10, 2013
Kris
Kris rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013