Start by marking “Purrs of Wisdom” as Want to Read:
Purrs of Wisdom

Purrs of Wisdom

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This collection of essays features lessons in conscious living, inspired by the cats who have shared my life.

From help with every day challenges to inspiration on living a joyful life, this compilation provides guidance, inspiration and enlightenment, feline style.

Published October 9th 2012 by The Conscious Cat (first published October 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Purrs of Wisdom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Purrs of Wisdom

Barbara
The profound and amazing life lessons animals teach us never ceases to amaze me. So it is with Ingrid King's book, "Purrs of Wisdom" that we see once again what we can learn from our pets and how that can have a beautiful effect on our lives. All we have to do is be open to it, and Ingrid's book helps to remind us to do just this.

Ingrid beautifully shows us how she pays attention to how her cats live their lives, and how she incorporates those lessons into her own life which have helped her to l
Ingrid King
Oct 08, 2012 Ingrid King rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I am the author of this book.

Purrs of Wisdom is a collection of essays featuring lessons in conscious living, inspired by the cats who have shared my life.

Whether it’s creating balance, navigating turbulent times, or finding the magic in life’s ordinary moments, there’s something for everyone in this book.

Chapters include:
•The Healing Power
Mason
While dealing with pets can sometimes be frustrating and nerve-racking, for the most part pets provide unconditional comfort, love and joy in our lives.

It is with the latter in mind that PURRS OF WISDOM comes to life. Author Ingrid King skillfully illustrates how pets, especially those of the feline persuasion, can enrich and calm our lives if we pay attention.

The author has compiled this book in such a way as to draw you in, relaxing your tension as you read. She relates how various cats have c
Lori
I was introduced to author Ingrid King back in 2009 when I read Buckley’s Story, a recollection of how of how her cat Buckley changed her life for the better. I read it through smiles, laughter and tears, as a cat momma myself. I understood every word of Ms. King’s story and it lead me to her website, The Conscious Cat, in which she discusses not only cat health and issues but uplifting messages that our little feline masters give us. So when I was offered the chance to read and review Ms. King’ ...more
Anjali Banerjee
I read this book quickly, once all the way through, and then I read it again, absorbing its healing elixir in small doses, a little each day. Ingrid King's "purrs of wisdom" helped calm my worries and gave me a better outlook. Honestly, I didn't expect the book to have such a direct, positive effect on my state of mind - but it did. For example, I've taken to heart her advice to create a short "worry period" each day, and then get on with life. What a novel idea! I've also adopted her practice o ...more
Cyndie
Aug 13, 2014 Cyndie rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Cyndie by: Ingrid King
Shelves: animal-vet-books
An adorable book filled with little tidbits of self-help advice and little pieces of wisdom, inspired by the author's life and by cats. The author gives a piece of advice on how to live and then some steps to make that happen, usually ending with "pet your cat".
Amy Shojai
I was honored to receive an advance reading copy of this book. Ingrid King writes with passion, her prose lyrical and the essays from the heart. This is not JUST a book for cat lovers. It's a how-to guide for living, with a nod toward the feline companions who model the way humans want to live...in the moment, with joy, and with acceptance and gratitude for what life has to offer. I cannot recommend this book highly enough! This would be a lovely gift book for anyone.Five paws up!
Tracey Jones
Its cute if you are a cat lover and enjoy meditation. Ingrid does have a great way of incorporating the cats way of life with our own human ways.
Janina
Pleasant...
Diannevial
Diannevial marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Mandie Crago
Mandie Crago marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Kamy
Kamy marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
David Glicksman
David Glicksman marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Robin
Robin marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
M J
M J marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Aloha
Aloha marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Mike Baer
Mike Baer marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2013
Shari
Shari marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
raciekater
raciekater marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2013
Liz
Liz marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2013
Free Book Giveaway: Win a signed book about cats 1 3 Dec 28, 2012 01:51AM
I'm a former veterinary hospital manager turned writer. I publish the E-zine News for You and Your Pet, covering topics ranging from conscious living to holistic and alternative health. I write and edit the popular blog, The Conscious Cat, where I share information to help you consciously create a happy, healthy life for yourself and your pets. Please visit my website at www.ingridking.com for mor ...more
More about Ingrid King...
Buckley's Story Adventures in Veterinary Medicine: What Working in Veterinary Hospitals Taught Me About Life, Love and Myself A New Theory of Urban Design