Start by marking “City of Bones: The Graphic Novel” as Want to Read:
City of Bones: The Graphic Novel

City of Bones: The Graphic Novel (The Mortal Instruments: Graphic Novel #1)

It is currently available for digital download via ComiXology in a nine-part series, but it will be available in full in paperback on August 6, 2013.

Th3rd World’s adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s New York Times best-selling novel, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. Set in modern day New York, the Mortal Instruments series centers on the “Shadowhunters,” human-angel hybr
Published August 6th 2013 by Margaret K. McElderry Books (first published June 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about City of Bones, please sign up.

Alyssa Murray It says on the Shadowhunters' wikia that a print edition was supposed to be made for said release date, but, a final release date was never announced…moreIt says on the Shadowhunters' wikia that a print edition was supposed to be made for said release date, but, a final release date was never announced and since none has surfaced, the project is believed to have been discontinued.(less)

I read the first 8 pages in a sampler sent from the publisher. Not impressed with the art. It makes the story seem less cool.
Ridley {Paperland}
Ridley {Paperland} rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2014
Sep 25, 2013 Casey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
This City of Bones graphic novel did a really good job portraying the story line. The artwork is fabulous. I think they captured the characters perfectly! Can't wait to read the rest!!
No. No no no no no no no no no no noooooooooo A GRAPHIC NOVEL? (It was bound to happen, but still). I think Clare should donate some of her money to her fans for being so loyal and buying every piece of garbage she manages to crap out of her ass. Just, UGH. What's next, huh? A video game?

How I see miss Cash Cow:

Anyway, that's how I feel about her. Carry on.
Apr 20, 2013 Twizzie marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I hope this is not as bad as the Hush, Hush graphic novel.
Nezihe Yay
Nezihe Yay rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2013
Ave Binks
Aug 23, 2013 Ave Binks marked it as to-read
Both Barnes & Noble and Amazon say this:
Publication date: 12/31/2030
2030?? 2030!!
Please somebody tell me they're wrong!
Bipasha{is eviscerated by fiction}
Jace looks like my uncle on the cover - as in , old.
Adam Gottbetter
Jan 31, 2014 Adam Gottbetter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicole Virella is good but I prefer Adam Gottbetter
LeeAnn Kelly
LeeAnn Kelly rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2014
Rylie Schumer
Rylie Schumer rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2014
Shiela  Mae
Shiela Mae rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2014
Briana Brevard
Briana Brevard rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Aug 18, 2014 Charlotte marked it as if-you-recommend-this-i-ll-bite-you  ·  review of another edition
What??? I thought there already was a graphic novel--you know, the one where the people on the cover looked like Steve and Terri Irwin? What happened to that?

Look, I know better than anyone that The Mortal Instruments and all its offshoots are part of a gigantic cash cow with the false specter that is Cassandra Clare at is center, but I never knew it was so bad, they'd end up making multiple different graphic novels based on the same book just to keep milking and milking. This is ridiculous.

Roya Shaban
Aug 26, 2014 Roya Shaban marked it as read-graphic-novels  ·  review of another edition
i enjoy city of bone as graphic novel more than the novel , , i still can't stand the characters for some reason , but i really want to give it another try and pick the 2nd book , hopeful that i can enjoy it
Joanne rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Julie rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Linda Ramirez
Linda Ramirez rated it really liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Carin Dabbs
Carin Dabbs rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2014
Johnathan rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2014
Jessica Arnold
Jessica Arnold rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
May 05, 2015 Randy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Clary is just a normal girl living a normal life until her Valentine captures her mother. He takes her because he believes that she has the immortal cup. A powerful cup that can turn humans into demon hunters.She learns that she has the sight to another world that no else can except the demon hunters and the demons .A boy name Jace ends up helping her through this. As she stays with Jace she learns that her mother has another life that she didn't even know about, and Valentine has a part in it.
Anabelle Alderfer
Kelcy Lofgren
Jun 14, 2015 Kelcy Lofgren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
I'm not usually a fan of fantasy, but I picked this up for Book Club at school. So glad I did! I ended up reading the entire trilogy in a month.
Tracyrendel rated it it was ok
Jun 30, 2015
I read the novel again but since you can't mark it twice I'm using this
Jennifer Whitlock
Jennifer Whitlock rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Kristian Herceg
May 06, 2016 Kristian Herceg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I will re-read City of Bones and want it to count as one of my books on my reading challenge. This rating is the rating I gave the first time I read the book*
Mary Popish
Sep 26, 2016 Mary Popish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I read the original book for the city of bones reading the graphic novel was a whole new experience for me. Being able to see how Clare pictured her characters was interesting because a lot of the time I did not picture the characters the same way. Also another thing I would like to point out is that while reading the original book was interesting the graphic novel had me more invested into the book. Also, Magnus Bane is my favorite character but I did not like how the graphic novel portra ...more
Differences from book 1 13 Sep 08, 2013 10:31AM
  • New Moon: The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Shadow Kiss: A Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #3)
  • Blue Bloods: The Graphic Novel
  • Challenge (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #2)
  • Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush: The Graphic Novel, #1)
  • House of Night #4 (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Shadowhunter's Guide: City of Bones
  • The Dark-Hunters: Infinity, Vol. 2 (Chronicles of Nick Manga #2)
  • Iron King #1 (The Iron Fey Manga, #1)
  • Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #1)
  • Vampire Kisses: Graveyard Games, Volume 1
  • Eighth Grade Bites #1: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Graphic Novel
  • Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

More about Cassandra Clare...