Start by marking “The Vanishing Tribe (Rogue Angel #42)” as Want to Read:
The Vanishing Tribe (Rogue Angel #42)

The Vanishing Tribe (Rogue Angel #42)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  7 reviews
A lost city. A missing tribe. And treasure beyond imagining…

When archaeologist Annja Creed attends an auction in Botswana featuring personal effects of an infamous explorer, she purchases a small and seemingly unremarkable piece of art. It's not until the explorer's son makes a desperate attempt to steal it that Annja uncovers the secret of the painting…or rather, the secr
Published May 7th 2013 by Gold Eagle

To ask other readers questions about The Vanishing Tribe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vanishing Tribe

Catching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMidnight Sun by Stephenie MeyerThe Last Olympian by Rick RiordanThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownAn Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
The "Can't Wait" Book of '09
400th out of 437 books — 2,067 voters
Moon Called by Patricia BriggsRosemary and Rue by Seanan McGuireMagic Slays by Ilona AndrewsUp From the Grave by Jeaniene FrostBlood Bound by Patricia Briggs
Awesomest Urban Fantasy Heroines
160th out of 170 books — 23 voters

More lists with this book...

Jonathan
I have enjoyed the series from start to finish.My only criticism of the book is it feels like its been done before.In some Indiana Jones Movie. Other than that I enjoyed it.Although it had action there was not as much as there usually is.
Hilary
This is #42 in a series? I guess that explains why there's no depth to the characters, no character development, why Annja just racks up the plot points (sorry, I mean "deciphers the clues") and why the bad guys just whip out yet another plot twist (view spoiler) to make sure they keep up.

Got about halfway through and just abandoned it because I really didn't care, and I had something else to read.
John Hanscom
Maybe even more. There was less archeology and more action, but the action was VERY exciting.
Lianne Burwell
This book was a departure for Annja. She's off to Africa! Most of the books stay in the US, or they are set in Asia or Europe (and a trip to Australia). I can't remember any of the others being set *in* Africa.

And this one involves the classic tropes of a lost tribe, a hidden city, and a vanished explorer who left behind cryptic clues of where he went, as well as a greedy, estranged son. Mind you, the explorer vanished less than a decade earlier.

And we also get Annja working on her show. Althoug
Athena Braun
Annja decides to go to a auction where they are selling the personal effects of Robert Humphrey-A highly respected adventurer.On a whim she buys a small drawing which clearly the explorer's son wants but why?By accident she finds a map to the Lost city of the San tribe.A tribe who had long ago disappeared off the face of the planet.In true Annja style she follows clues while people try to kill her(Don't they always).Loved the story how the elephant was created and Tantor's death was sad.

Some of
Gina
I love learning about real history and the possibilities of what could be. Though this is obviously not the first "lost" civilizations she's "found", it's definitely the friendliest.
Shelley aka Gizmo's Reviews
Expected publication: May 7th 2013 by Gold Eagle
Sandy Emmons
Sandy Emmons marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Crystal Witt
Crystal Witt marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Harvey
Harvey marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2014
Neil
Neil marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Carina
Carina marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2014
Brittney Bower
Brittney Bower marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Candice Hill
Candice Hill marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
TinKeyLee
TinKeyLee marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Craig Cramond
Craig Cramond marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
  • I, Saul
  • Villere House (Blood of My Blood #1)
  • Relentless (Lodestone Trilogy #3)
  • Frostbite (Destroyers, #4)
  • Pick Your Poison
  • The Impossible Cube (Clockwork Empire, #2)
  • Keeper of the Dawn (The Keepers: L.A. #4)
  • A Hard Day's Fright (Pepper Martin #7)
  • Poisoned by Gilt
  • Summer at Seaside Cove
  • Out of the Blue (Stewart Sisters, #2)
  • Muse
  • The Way Home (One-Eyed Jacks #2)
  • Deadly Appraisal (Josie Prescott, #2)
  • Going Twice (Forces of Nature, #2)
  • To Catch A Vampire (A F.R.E.A.K.S. Squad Investigation, #2)
  • Blood Claim (Half-Blood Princess, #1)
  • Gossamer Wing (Steam and Seduction, #1)
A house name for the Rogue Angel series, published by the Harlequin Publishing's Gold Eagle division.

The first eight novels were written by Victor Milan and Mel Odom. New writers joining the series starting with book nine include Jon Merz and Joseph Nassise.
More about Alex Archer...
Destiny (Rogue Angel #1) Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2) The Spider Stone (Rogue Angel #3) The Chosen (Rogue Angel #4) Forbidden City (Rogue Angel #5)