Start by marking “Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five” as Want to Read:
Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five

Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five

Billy Purgatory is a man plagued by questions - about his mother's disappearance, his love-hate relationship with vampire fatale Anastasia, and why the Time Zombie keeps stealing his girlfriends. The search for answers frequently leads him into danger and the darker corners of the world, corners he would prefer not to see. In his quest for answers, Billy begins using the ...more
Published October 3rd 2012 by Booktrope Editions

To ask other readers questions about Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five

Alex
Apr 16, 2013 Alex rated it it was amazing
More Billy more Billy!!! Huzzah! He's back! Can't wait for the next installment. If you haven't met Billy Purgatory yet, you need to check him out. These books are rude, crude and filled to the brim with awesomesauce!
K.M.
Apr 22, 2014 K.M. rated it it was amazing
When we left off in Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird, the skateboarding namesake had hitched a ride with the Time Zombie that haunted Billy throughout the first book. In Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five, we initially follow a 10-year-old Billy, who is also holding on tightly to the Time Zombie. Although this may be disconcerting as it was an adult Billy we were following at the end of the first book, all is soon revealed. Well not all. In fact, author Jesse James Freeman ...more
Glenn Skinner
Oct 07, 2012 Glenn Skinner rated it really liked it
I was fortunate enough to have received an advanced copy of Billy two. I really enjoyed Billy one and was anxiously awaiting the release of the sequel. The Curse of the Satanic Five sort of picks up where the first book left off. The story is full of action and non-stop adventure. The plot is deep and twisting. The author did not let me down. The sequel revolves around the consequences of Billy’s actions in the first book. Without giving away spoilers, the Satanic Five are after Billy and ...more
Katie
Oct 07, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Billy Purgatory 1 was hilarious, action-packed, wacky, and wonderful. It was hard to imagine that Book 2 could take the saga to a whole new level, but it sure did. Last we saw, Billy and Anastasia were hurtling through time with the Time Zombie: now we get to find out where they end up. And it's not exactly the time--or continent--you might have expected. Then there are the new tragi-comic figures, like Anastasia's not-protegee Margot, the cute but insecure lab worker Mira, and the ...more
Shawn Looker
Oct 28, 2012 Shawn Looker rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and the first one as well.

I only had one serious complaint about the book... It was written in October 2012, which means I'm going to have to wait a while for the follow up book. :)

Definitely a fun book to read.
Dane Cobain
Jun 14, 2015 Dane Cobain rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: Whilst I bought this book out of my own money, Jesse is published and represented by Booktrope, the same publisher which is releasing my debut novella, No Rest for the Wicked.

If you’ve read Billy Purgatory: I am the Devil Bird then this is basically that book, but on acid, and I’m pretty sure the first book was stoned to begin with. Oh man, where do I start?

Basically, Billy Purgatory is a skateboard-wielding badass, who by the end of this book is pretty much whatever age you want him
Pop Bop
Jan 25, 2015 Pop Bop rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Billy Purgatory, Meet Billy Pilgrim

As the High Elder says, "It is good that you are insane, Billy Purgatory. It might be just the edge you need." With that, Billy will drop his wheels to the ramp, put his foot on the deck, push off, and take us flying to yet more crazy worlds of wonder, adventure and despair. Always with a smart mouth and a badass attitude, and never with a plan.

This book is a sustained headlong rush. The writing is breathless, full of bravado and the staccato sounds and rhythm
J.C. Wing
Jul 20, 2016 J.C. Wing rated it it was amazing
This second book picks up right where the first one, Billy Purgatory: I Am the Devil Bird, left off. There’s a Time Zombie falling through the sky … and he’s got a black-haired skateboarder clinging tightly to him. This tale, much like Billy’s ride through the air alongside his time traveling companion, twists, turns and flies … then lands with a surprising—and delightfully clever—cliff hanger you will never see coming.

Billy assumes that he’s returned to somewhere familiar, but it becomes obviou
Stephanie
Oct 08, 2012 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jesse James Freeman has done it again, folks! Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five is out for your eyes...and your heart!

The second installment in the Billy Purgatory Series starts off right where the first one (Billy Purgatory: I am the Devil Bird...go get it if you haven't read it!) left off...Billy and the Time Zombie!

This book has a lot more of the same awesome-ness as the first book...only bigger...and more badass!!! We see the return of some of our favorites (Billy, Anastasia,
Jen Gilbert
Sep 28, 2013 Jen Gilbert rated it it was amazing
Oh my gosh, this series has pulled me in by the neck. I just love it. I keep thinking of the terms the author uses in my real life LOL. I find myself seeing a skateboarder or a shirt on some kid and thinking of Billy Purgatory. Jesse James Freeman is a gifted author. And he weaves such great tales. I highly recommend to anyone who loves adrenaline, adventure sports, fantasy, ok pretty much everyone.
T.M. Frazier
T.M. Frazier rated it it was amazing
Dec 20, 2012
Mike Fletcher
Mike Fletcher rated it it was amazing
Sep 04, 2015
Fredrik
Fredrik rated it it was ok
Apr 11, 2015
Stacy Munroe
Stacy Munroe rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2012
Angel Sefer
Angel Sefer rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2014
Bill
Bill rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2012
Jennifer Gracen
Jennifer Gracen rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2013
Alexander Diakonis
Alexander Diakonis rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2013
Steven Luna
Steven Luna rated it it was amazing
Oct 23, 2012
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2012
Amphetamink
Amphetamink marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2012
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2013
J.T. Twissel
J.T. Twissel marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2013
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Imane Ouadi
Imane Ouadi marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2014
Elisha
Elisha marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Wrighty
Wrighty marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Lori Murray
Lori Murray marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Sharon Anderson
Sharon Anderson marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
loisa
loisa added it
Jul 15, 2016
Elle Zerfas
Elle Zerfas marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
Hi. I write books because my therapist said that I need to express myself in a positive way. Thus, after sniffing too much Carpet Fresh, Billy Purgatory: I am the Devil Bird & Billy Purgatory and the Curse of the Satanic Five were born into the world as the gypsy lady predicted long ago.

They're about skateboards, Greek mythology monster stuff, Jimmy Hoffa, emotionally-unavailable vampire girl
More about Jesse James Freeman...