Start by marking “Her Boyfriend's Bones” as Want to Read:
Her Boyfriend's Bones

Her Boyfriend's Bones (A Dinah Pelerin Mystery #4)

In 1973, on a remote beach on the Greek island of Samos, a movie star named Marilita Stephan murdered her boyfriend, his mother,and a powerful colonel in the military junta, a crime for which she was executed. Forty years later, Dinah Pelerinarrives on Samos to spend the summer with her Norwegian boyfriend Thor before she joins an archaeological dig ...more
Published June 4th 2013 by Poisoned Pen Press (first published May 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Her Boyfriend's Bones, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Boyfriend's Bones

Susan Schreyer
Jul 06, 2013 Susan Schreyer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth Dinah Pelerin Mystery and I'm hooked on Ms. Matthews' writing and characters. She has a wonderful wit and an enviable knack for storytelling. The bonus is; I learn something each time I read one of her books. Don't read this book quickly. Savor the turns of phrase and the flavor of the setting. It's well worth it!
Deborah
Sep 18, 2013 Deborah rated it liked it
Not bad, but not as engaging as the previous three books in the series.
I found Dinah to be somewhat annoying in this outing.
Chanticleer Editorial  Book Reviews
Dinah Pelerin, cultural anthropologist and world traveler, is ready for romance and relaxation. Her Norwegian police force boyfriend, Thor, has invited her to join him at a Greek villa that he rented for his sabbatical holiday.

The villa is located on the island of Samos—famous for its sweet wine, birthplace of Pythagoras and Hera, queen of the Olympian gods. Dinah plans on joining an archaeological dig in Turkey at the end of summer after basking in the land of the Greek mythology. The perfect s
Joyce
Sep 01, 2014 Joyce rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, suspense
I received this book in a Goodreads giveaway.
Dinah Pelerin is enjoying a holiday on the Greek island of Samos with her Norwegian policeman boyfriend Thor Ramberg. They are renting the house of an actress who infamously murdered several people and was executed for her crime. It is a small island where everyone knows everyone else and their business. The locals are suspicious of outsiders, especially foreign policemen, and every action of the new arrivals spreads quickly through the village.
From
Leni
Aug 03, 2013 Leni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first book I have read by this author and her focus on the current doings in Greece are wonderfully apt, but I really did not like the heroine who I found paranoid, silly and dangerous. She seems to be sabotaging her boyfriend and herself at every step and seems to have no sense of discretion. I really enjoyed the well developed atmosphere and the story itself which turns and twists and I hope she writes her next book about another 'person'. I enjoyed K.D. who seems to have a number ...more
Jane Irish Nelson
Mar 23, 2015 Jane Irish Nelson rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery, contemporary
Dinah Pelerin is on the Greek island of Samos, visiting her friend Thor Ramberg, a Norwegian policeman. The house he rented once belonged to film actress Marilita Stephan, who was executed forty years earlier for murdering her lover, his mother, and her sister's husband, who was part of the government. But life on the island is not the relaxing vacation Dinah expects -- first a man is shot, then the house is vandalized, and she discovers Thor's wrecked car, but her is missing!
Marisa Young
Sep 23, 2015 Marisa Young rated it really liked it
Set on the Greek island of Samos, an American woman arrives to spend a peaceful vacation with her Norwegian police boyfriend. The island was the scene of a famous crime forty years ago when a movie star murdered her boyfriend, his mother and a colonel in the junta. That crime is connected to smuggling occurring on the island today.

Wonderful setting - fantastic characters. Timely look at immigration issue. Can't wait to read another book by this author.
Susan
Jul 17, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery-europe
Cultural anthropologist Dinah Pelerin doesn't get much opportunity to work in her field when she and her boyfriend, Norwegian policeman Thor, go to beautiful Samos for a vacation. Unfortunately, although the regime of the colonels is over, nobody in the little town they're visiting has forgotten that unhappy time. In fact, many people are still deeply involved in what they think of as the unjust execution of a beautiful actress, who was accused of a triple murder.
Ginny
Jan 12, 2014 Ginny rated it liked it
Shelves: detective-series
Complementary copy, which I enjoyed reading. Description of modern Greece and its recent past was fascinating, premise of story was interesting, but execution very uneven. The female protagonist was more irritating than engaging, rendering her resolution of the case not very believable. Other characters were more interesting; however, "boyfriend" of the title was all but nonexistent. I will probably read some of the author's other titles, because parts of the book were quite well-written.
Rebecca Hughes
Dec 15, 2013 Rebecca Hughes rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won a copy of this book in the goodreads giveaways. This book was an okay mystery. I really thought it took too long to really get into the main plot of the book. Right away a man gets murdered but after that the story just really seemed to drag along. The ending was pretty good it just took a long time to get to it.
Lori Tatar
Oct 12, 2013 Lori Tatar rated it liked it
Her Boyfriend's Bones: A Dinah Pelerin Mystery has its share of intrigue and mystery, sprinkled with a fair dose of Greek mythology and romance. Once the whodunit unfolds and all the pieces are in place, the conclusion makes sense. There are still a couple of characters I am wondering about, but...maybe in the next book.
Pamela Beason
Nov 11, 2014 Pamela Beason rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysteries
I love Jeanne Matthews's books, because they allow me to be an armchair traveler, exploring exotic terrain in exciting circumstances. This book was a nice trip to a Greek island, taught me a lot about the country and its history, and occasionally gave me a good chuckle as well.
Kari
Mar 25, 2015 Kari rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobook, 2015
Not a bad addition. I did get a little confused with who was who and with the mystery. Too many characters with similar sounding names. But, I started liking Dinah more and more.
Robbi
Apr 15, 2015 Robbi rated it really liked it
Convoluted. Complicated. A surprise every few pages. But the dialogue! Oh my. "Jesus wept." And I laughed and laughed. A real romp.
Sandy
Enjoyed the interesting locale but felt the ploy was driven by jumping from one conclusion to another.
Dani
Dani rated it it was ok
Mar 07, 2014
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was ok
Dec 11, 2013
Larissa
Larissa rated it liked it
Sep 18, 2015
Cherie O'Boyle
Cherie O'Boyle rated it really liked it
Apr 28, 2015
Carol Bunner
Carol Bunner rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Wendy
Wendy rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Suequilts
Suequilts rated it did not like it
Aug 23, 2013
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2014
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2014
A
A rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2014
Ronda Simons
Ronda Simons rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2015
James Lynam
James Lynam rated it really liked it
Sep 29, 2013
Ronda Taylor
Ronda Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2014
Marleen Mandt
Marleen Mandt rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2014
Jessica Steinlage
Jessica Steinlage rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2015
Jeanne Matthews was born and raised in Georgia. She graduated from the University of Georgia with a degree in Journalism and has worked as a copywriter, a high school English and Drama teacher, and a paralegal. She currently lives in Renton, Washington with her husband, who is a law professor, and a West Highland terrier, who is a prima donna.
More about Jeanne Matthews...

A Dinah Pelerin Mystery (5 books)
  • Bones of Contention (A Dinah Pelerin Mystery, #1)
  • Bet Your Bones (A Dinah Pelerin Mystery, #2)
  • Bonereapers