Start by marking “Faerie” as Want to Read:
Faerie

Faerie

3.55  ·  Rating Details ·  1,082 Ratings  ·  85 Reviews
Like her mother before her, Leonie of Bosewood carries Faerie blood in her veins, a secret she harbors to protect her own life. For although the people of eleventh-century England believe in magic, their ignorance and fear have made being different a very dangerous prospect. Caught between the human and Faerie worlds, yet belonging in neither, Leonie must guard her ...more
Published October 9th 2012 by Montlake Romance

To ask other readers questions about Faerie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Faerie

Kathleen
Jun 23, 2015 Kathleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars, promoted to 4 for Simon Vance's superb narration. I enjoyed this fantasy romance more than expected, but that very graphic sex scene startled me. It seemed out of place, if spicy. That's really my only quibble. I think this author should try writing straight fantasy, with only a thread of romance running through it. She seems to have a good feel for fantasy, a strong knowledge base or background for that.

No spoilers here!

WRITING STYLE: The story is told in 3rd person via heroine and
Amy Lignor
Oct 15, 2012 Amy Lignor rated it it was amazing
As the reader is drawn into this fantastically written romance from Delle Jacobs, the first thing to be seen is an old crone…making a deal with a King. From then on the mystery, adventure and supernatural thrills come one right after the other.

Leonie is a half/human, half/faerie who truly loves to walk in the woods and be a part of nature. She had a slightly hard ‘beginning’ when her mother simply disappeared into the woods one day – running from the people that wanted to hang her for being a wi
Marilyn Rondeau
Dec 22, 2012 Marilyn Rondeau rated it really liked it
Leonie of Bosewood like her mother, carries Faerie blood in her veins, a secret she keeps to protect her own life for most in the eleventh century feared the unknown and the unusual usually opting to destroy that which they feared. Sandwiched between the human and Faerie worlds Leonie must guard her heart…no matter how strong the temptations. As the king’s emissary, Philippe le Peregrine has watched Leonie grow from gangly girl to alluring woman. Unfortunately, with each encounter, his ...more
Jane Stewart
Jul 03, 2015 Jane Stewart rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
Enjoyable fantasy world. It kept my interest.

There are faeries with special powers, an evil sorcerer, fighting skeletons, and shades who inhabit human bodies. The faeries and creatures interact with humans.

The setting is 1093 with knights who fight for the King of England against Scotland. Leonie is half faerie half human. Philippe is an English knight. He was cursed by a sorcerer who will kill anyone he falls in love with. So for years Philippe is celibate and avoids falling in love. He and Leo
Victoria
Despite its fantasy-genre title, and its historical 1093 AD setting, this novel primarily falls under the romance genre. It has been a while since I last read a genre romance, so I admit that some of the language and the early nude appearances (only 20 pages in!) took me by surprise. The book isn’t overloaded with sex scenes though those that are described are more graphic than the older romance novels that I have read in the past. The plot contains some unfounded surprises that are thrown into ...more
(Kelly)~Got Fiction?~ Oakes
AMAZING!
...ok, I better write more. Where has this author been and why haven't I run across her work.
The work building is stellar, Delle Jacobs plops you right back in time; a time of kings, castles, knights and Faerie.
Medieval England has never been quite so delicious now that we get to meet Philippe le Peregrine, the kings best man; tall and broad shouldered with locks of golden hair. Almost as beautiful as his bronze skin and rippling male muscular form. It is no wonder Leonie of Bosewood has
Stacy
Jan 02, 2013 Stacy rated it it was ok
Shelves: amazon
Meh.

Not quite sure why I kept reading this book despite my lack of interest. The synopsis and amazon sample really sucked me in. And then blarg.

Leonie is the typical strong willed heroine. Peregrine is the too handsome for his own good hero that swore to celibacy after his last marriage ended with his wife dying and him being cursed. So of course they fall in love. Duh.

I did not like the writing style. It seemed to come and go and distracted me from the story. I get it, it's set in the 1000s in
Home. Love. Books.
Feb 04, 2014 Home. Love. Books. rated it really liked it
To see this review and others like it check out my site, www.homelovebooks.com

I love books that create a different world from the one we live in, because I imagine it must be such a hard thing to do. You have to inform the reader about all the important aspects of the world rather than just assume the reader knows the world. There is so much that does into creating a new world that it doesn’t always come across as well as I wish it would, but thankfully in this book the world was easy for me to
Jessi
Aug 23, 2013 Jessi rated it it was amazing
I have never before read such a perfect example of a fantasy romance set in an actual Earth-historical setting. I love fantasy romance, and it is so hard to find. I want magic. I want settings that feel historical, but not necessarily set in our world. I want the romance to be shared 50/50 with the plot. I want danger. Adventure. Wondrous self-discoveries. Pretty dresses. Honorable men with enormous swords (wink, wink). Faerie had it all.

I am now a Delle Jacobs fan. She has moved right up there
Shannon McGee
Oct 14, 2013 Shannon McGee rated it really liked it
Shelves: faeries, 2013
Leonie is born part fae but has grown not knowing her parents or the full power she is capable of. She hid secretly the magic she used or she would be called a witch and burned. Sparks between her and Philippe le Peregrine are strong but they both have reasons to deny each other. Especially Philippe reasons which has to do with his first wife’s death.

Faerie has a nice mixture of fantasy and romance. Since I am not a fan of romance I have to say I would love to read a sequel to this book. Somet
Lígia Bellini
When i read about "Faerie", i thought the main female character would be naive and then with the events during the story, she would become more stronger. I was wrong! She isn't naive at all! She knows about her fae blood, she use her "skills" in a way that wouldn't attract attention of the wrong people and she is also a brave girl! I think it's a very interesting story. I always like to read about Celtics, their belief on the fae people and also the way the old beliefs were seen as a evil thing, ...more
Deborah
Jul 19, 2014 Deborah rated it really liked it
Well I enjoyed it, no doubt. It was easy reading, the characters were interesting and had plenty of dimensions, and the historical detail was great.
I was drawn in by the set up of a half-faerie heroine who has never quite fitted into her 'place' in society, and the independent minded knight Phillippe who has a dark secret to hide.
For me, the best part of this novel was the dialogue, especially in the latter part, and I will probably read more by this author.
Why not 5 stars? Because I found the
May 09, 2013 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Leonie is half human and half faerie. She must keep her magical side hidden as she would be tried as a witch if she did not. Her love interest is Philippe who is cursed. He is not supposed to see her, but is strangely drawn to her. The romance of bringing the two together is the major plot of the book (being a romance this shouldn't be surprising); however, figuring out the magical aspect does play a main part as well. As all good paranormals there is a mixture of hot and heavy passion, comedy, ...more
Rochelle
Oct 21, 2014 Rochelle rated it liked it
The romance didnt feel as natural as the other Delle Jacobs book I read, Loki's Daughters, and I couldnt figure out how or when the characters fell in love.
I dont know what happened with this book. It had all the elements involved for me to love it - celtic mythology, faeries, demons, magic, romance. A halfling woman with powers. Ticks all the boxes for me really.
And yet...
it just didn't quite work.
I got frustrated with him, the main conflict didnt happen till very late and I wasnt very interes
Sissy Lu
Apr 23, 2013 Sissy Lu rated it really liked it
Wow. All I can say is WOW. I did not expect this at all. For starters, I had no idea that this was more of a Romance - Adventure story. I was pleasantly surprised that it had a romance-air to it as well as the supernatural flair to it.

There were a few twists and turns into the story that kept me turning the page and kept me wanting to finish this and wow. I have to say wow.. I was almost surprised at how much I enjoyed the story, it was fairly well written and not entirely predictable.

Peregrine
Juli Donoho
Jan 22, 2015 Juli Donoho rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book all the way through. I found Faerie by Delle Jacobs under the romance section and not sure why the other reviewers had issue. Anywho the romance wasn't the basis of the story but there were couple of exotic dream scenes making this book adult. It defiantly wasn't erotica I said it had a story and a good one at that.

The heroine is half fae and has to keep her abilities secret. She has reached the age for wedding and many are in line for her hand. Which one will protect her an
witzi
Feb 07, 2013 witzi rated it it was ok
Half fairy changeling must wed handsome knight. She resists the king's command in fear of another attempted murder on her person. The story drags considerably during the first half while the second half pays the books dues. The second half moves fluidly with creative scenes, battles and mystic lure. If the entire book flowed as well as the second half it would have received 4-5 stars from me.
Dec 15, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
I got this book free through a romance newsletter on Amazon. I actually expected nothing from this book since they were giving it out for free and read the first chapter before finishing another book I had. Wow! Totally hooked - a little slow at the start but really good throughout. So happy I randomly came across this!
Angie Peoples
Oct 17, 2013 Angie Peoples rated it it was amazing
Farielicious! I just couldn't put this book down for a single second and wound up reading the entire book from start to finish in under two and half hours. It had everything you could possibly expect to find in Fae Folk Lore: demons, shifters, shades, ghoulins, etc. The setting was every bit as magical as the characters. Great book!
Hillary Hurst
Jun 24, 2014 Hillary Hurst rated it really liked it
Romance without the yucky factor

I'm a girl that likes a little well written spice in her reading. I however like it with a well written story. This is the first time in ages that I got what I wanted. Just enough to satisfy without every scene either sex or a misunderstanding. would read more of her stories.
Lara
Dec 21, 2013 Lara rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
I had a hard time getting into this story as the heroine was willfully Too Stupid to Live. She is acutely aware of the danger of performing magic, is repeatedly reminded of it, and yet still runs around and does what she wants. I put it down (it's an ebook), and now I can't find it. I've decided to give up as it had become a drag to read.
Diana Wilde
Oct 27, 2012 Diana Wilde rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading this book and I enjoyed the mythology woven into it. It was easy to get into go along for the adventure. The characters were pretty well developed. Minor things that bothered me was all the smirking and the flying was a little much for some reason; she lost me there but it was only in one little place. Overall, it's a fun, sexy, mystical book.
Kira Phelps
Sep 24, 2015 Kira Phelps rated it really liked it
Audio-book narration was excellent! Story was exciting and romantic. This is a great book that I would highly recommend for a mature adult audience. It is a rare romantic/fantasy novel void of the teeny bopper nonsense you usually find when looking for a book involving the Fae Folk. =)
Stephanie
Feb 11, 2013 Stephanie rated it liked it
This one is a little hard to stay focused with. The characters are great and overall I did enjoy the book. I just couldn't seem to stay with it for long. Had some really different Fantasy ideas, especially involving the Fae.
Laurie
4.5 Stars. I can't believe this book doesn't have a higher rating. It's a great paranormal romance. I thought it was great despite all the constant term of endearments whether they were for real or sarcastic:)
Avey Shannon
Feb 17, 2014 Avey Shannon rated it really liked it
Rated 4 ½ stars, this was a very well written fantasy romance storyline, giving the reader some wonderful characters based in Celtic mythology, with magic, faeries, demons and some very creative and descriptive scenes, including some unexpected turns of events.
Becky
Aug 05, 2014 Becky rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Meh. Too much stereotypical fairy/fae/sidhe stuff and took a long time to build up to it. I would have enjoyed it much more as a shorter story, but even that I don't think would have been enough to save it. Very flat characters with few flaws (other than being annoying).
Marisa
Jul 29, 2016 Marisa rated it it was ok
Meh. It seemed too forced at the end for me. And this Summer Land really annoyed me the way it was built up. I almost didn't finish it but forced myself to finish the last 1/4 of it. I just wasn't a fan of this work and I cannot quite put my finger on why this didn't work for me.
Jul 19, 2013 Sarah rated it liked it
I guess I'm just not into period pieces. This book was well written and the romance element was decent, but there was something that kept me from devouring it in the amount of time it normally takes me to finish a book. I might try another book by this author.
Donna
Jan 21, 2014 Donna rated it really liked it
I have no idea hoe to start this review. I don't normally read these kind of books. Delle friended on face book, so this was the first book I read. Amazing, Fantastic a really good read. Thank you. I'll try one of her others.
  • The Angel's Assassin
  • Viola Doyle or An Unconventional Gift
  • Faery Born (The War Faery Trilogy, #1)
  • Kissed by Fire (Sunwalker Saga, #2)
  • Jade
  • The Wolf and the Highlander (Highland Wishes #2)
  • The Warrior's Maiden
  • Secret Thunder (Perigueux Family #1; Lords of Conquest, #3)
  • The WishKeeper (The Paragonia Chronicles, #1)
  • The Time Weaver (Drakon, #5)
  • The Highlander's Folly (Loch Moigh, #3)
  • Poison in the Blood
  • The Bearwalker's Daughter
  • Highland Heart (Highland Hearts, #0.5)
  • Where the Carnies Are
  • Fated
  • Cynder: In the Garden of Lapis
  • Driven (The Warrior, #2)
I write write write. Sometimes I travel. Then I write some more. And I have a great family who understand that I write write write.
More about Delle Jacobs...