Start by marking “Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Six Earlier Days (Every Day #0.5)

Six Earlier Days (Every Day 0.5)

3.63  ·  Rating Details ·  5,202 Ratings  ·  571 Reviews
In Every Day, New York Times bestselling author David Levithan presented readers with his most ambitious novel to date: Every morning, A wakes up in a different body and leads a different life. A must never get too attached, must never be noticed, must never interfere.

The novel Every Day starts on Day 5994 of A’s life. In this digital-only collection Six Earlier Days, Lev
Published November 26th 2012 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Six Earlier Days, please sign up.

Sara A lot of libraries have digital collections now. You could check your local public library, and if they do not have a digital copy, you could request…moreA lot of libraries have digital collections now. You could check your local public library, and if they do not have a digital copy, you could request that they buy it. (less)
Jovana Sremac You could it's not related in any way except it's the same person narrating it

Lola  Reviewer
Sep 24, 2015 Lola Reviewer rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.
Mar 24, 2015 Mario rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
If David ever writes a book that contains all A's days, I will read it in a heartbeat.

Such fun and fast read. I wished it was longer, though. Much longer.
Joey Balbas
Apr 29, 2013 Joey Balbas rated it liked it
3.5 stars, actually. When I found out about this, I thought this would kind of explain why A is A. I mean, why A's life is like that-- taking control of a body for one day.

So ****Spoiler Alert,**** its not.

Its just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before he met Rhiannon.
Sep 09, 2013 April rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013-reads
After reading Every Day by David Levithan, I was like what? Coz I had so many questions, like, why A's life is like that? So after hearing that there's gonna be a prequel to A's taking-control-of-a-body-for-one-day i thought this would kind of explain why A is A. But seriously? It's just A, narrating 6 typical days in his past life before meeting Rhiannon. For me, this book doesn't add to anything. So don't bother with this. Lol
Katie (Kitkatscanread)
Jul 12, 2015 Katie (Kitkatscanread) rated it really liked it
This was cute.
A few people's lives that A delves into.
We learn that not every life is perfect.
And the struggles of maintaining a particular life, even if you want to change it.
This has no effect on the story of Every Day.
It is purely what A goes through on a daily basis before he met Rhiannon.
Jul 27, 2015 Dylan rated it really liked it
This didn't add any new information, but it was was still enjoyable. I really like A, and it was interesting to get snapshots of them growing up. I liked all 6 stories, and the writing was quite beautiful.
Ezgi Tülü
Aug 03, 2016 Ezgi Tülü rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book, 2016
Eğer Her Gün'ün bir parçası olsaymış bölümleri daha çok severdim.

Bu halleriyle bana çok gereksiz geldi. Yazarın, bölümlerde bahsettiği şeyleri anladım ama bunların ayrı bir şekilde olmasının, Her Gün'de başlatılan maceraya pek bir katkısı olmadığını düşünüyorum. Bazı kısımları okurken de bayağı sıkıldım. Eğer sadece altı gün olmasaydı, yani daha uzun olsaydı, sıkılıp bırakabilirdim sanırım.
Leila Tarek
Aug 23, 2015 Leila Tarek rated it it was amazing
it's all so beautiful..
Feb 04, 2015 Isabel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
I just love this idea. It's inspiring and heartbreaking to the same time.
Jul 26, 2015 Özlem rated it it was ok
Her Gün'de A'nın nasıl bir varlık olduğuyla ilgili hiçbir şey öğrenmesek kitabı daha çok severdim. Yani ya tamamen ne olduğunu öğrenelim ya da her şey tamamen gizemli kalsın. Ki bu olmadı. A'nın varlığı hakkında küçücük bir bilgi edindik. Ben de A'nın ne olduğunun açıklanmasını istedim kitapta haliyle. O da olmadı. Bir de baktım ek kitap varmış illaki burada öğrenirim dedim ama yine yanıldım. A'nın hayatından rastgele 6 gün vardı. Hiçbiri pek de önemli değildi, sıkıcıydı, gereksizdi.

İkinci kitap
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Rating: 2.5/5

So this was a quick read. It was interesting, but it didn't make me want to know A more. It still felt like a lot was missing. Maybe I'm too hard on it or maybe I'm not, but it didn't work for me. It didn't make me want to continue the series more than before. I might just because I have the ARC of the second book, but it's not a series that worked for me.
The worst thing in the world would be to pretend t know the people whose lives I step through. They cannot be homes to me. They must be hotel rooms.

Levithan is revisiting A, the character he introduced us to in Every Day. I suppose this is a prequel that needs to be read as a sequel so you understand A, you can see, be, the six different people that A has chosen you to glimpse.

Again, such beauty. One day does not ever seem enough and to stay detached, to try to not disrupt, to always have to be
May 28, 2016 Greg rated it did not like it
What can I say? I can't really find anything worthwhile here. At least not anything that Levithan didn't already cover in Every Day, only way better. I mean it's pleasant enough to read and Levithan remains a very talented and readable writer, but these are deleted scenes, not even a short story.

What's worse is Levithan breaks apart some of the wondrous enigma of Every Day and tries to explain things and gets trapped in the exposition quicksand. I don't mean he tries to explain why A is transpo
This was sort of nice, an extra six random days that belong to the life of A, from Every Day. It was six days, from the age of 7 to 10 to being a teenager. The younger days were intriguing, I wish he'd stayed there, written a few more days about that time in A's life.

However, the self and sexual identity questions raised by the main book were reiterated and made slightly more interesting. This was the pre-Rhiannon, pre-stupid love story, A. I wish there were a whole book of this, rather than jus
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 3.25/5

Review coming soon!
Apr 02, 2015 Lexi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novellas
This was so, so good.
"It's okay to take a break. You can't push yourself too hard. . . . Because you could push yourself to a place you can't get back from."

How can simple words extract so many feelings? Six Earlier Days is full of . . . I don't even know what word to use with this.

SED (can I just call this SED?) is a quick read. I read it in one and a half hour, but I'm assuming you could finish it in an hour or less (I'm not a fast reader.

Before I read the novella (novelette?), I thought there would be some give
Initial thoughts: For 37 pages of one-shot accounts, this was a powerful story, and an intriguing lead into Levithan's "Every Day". I felt connected to each of the six accounts, and while it was a quick read, it left a powerful impression on me not only in the narrative, but with Levithan's rooted prose. Great single shot stories.

Full review:

I have a feeling this respective review will be short considering this was a short read that took very little time on my part, but I enjoyed immensely. "Six
Elle (Ligia)
Sometimes I wonder if it is possible to convey so much emotion in so little words. The answer is yes, and Six Earlier Days is the perfect example.

If there is a person capable of doing that is David Levithan. I still remember myself crying reading The Lover’s Dictionary over one sentence chapters. He can say so much with almost no words at all. His work gets to me like very few others have.

This is my third time reading a work by David Levithan and I think it is safe to say now that he is among my
Chelsea Holder
DNF @ 48%

This book was sitting on my reader for years, I know it's only a few pages but somehow I just don't have the drive to read it yet, until now.

As I read on, I noticed that there seems to have no story here at all. Just some of A's experience for being someone during that day. That was it.

I had to stop reading after a few chapters because I was bored and besides, it felt senseless. Also, finishing this felt like a chore so it left me with no other choice.

I really enjoyed Everyday. But
Jan 02, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it
This is a digital-only edition that serves as a companion to Every Day, which I loved. I was hoping to learn more about A here, but other than showing A at younger ages (7 and 10), this 37-page story doesn't add anything. Don't bother with this and just read the main novel!
May 17, 2015 ∞ღнαrιღ∞ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: part-of-a-series
So beautiful, so amazing. I can't wait to read the second book. David Levithan's voice and style is just to die for. It makes you sort of melt and combine and love and feel and I just love it. <333
Mai omar
Jul 02, 2015 Mai omar rated it liked it
I though this would explain abit of why is A the way he is, or how it al started but it was just more or less the same way as "Everyday", just 6 days earlier.
With such a cool concept for a story, I was expecting something a lot more epic.
Johan Patrick Sy
Jul 10, 2013 Johan Patrick Sy rated it it was ok
Recommended to Johan Patrick by: Biena
Prequel to A's life. Full of inspiring quotations.

It's like reading short stories. :)
Nov 14, 2015 Antonio rated it really liked it
"It's the secret smile you get from knowing that, somewhere, there is someone who is yours."
Aug 05, 2015 Gina rated it really liked it
I liked seeing more of A's days, I just want even more!! <3
Oct 21, 2016 Vendea rated it really liked it
Bylo příjemné se vrátit do myšlenek A. Sice kraťoučké, ale bavila jsem se.

Jul 19, 2015 Rabiah rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Originally posted at:

I decided to review this one before I reviewed Every Day, because of chronological order. After finishing Every Day, which I loved immensely, I delved into this extra short-story featured at the back of the book. I don’t think it matters whether you read it before or after Every Day, but reading it after, after learning so much about A’s day-to-day life, it’s an interesting glimpse into A's life before meeting Rhiannon.

The process is
Wendy F
Feb 26, 2015 Wendy F rated it really liked it

And in just those few little pages I'm immediately transported back into A's lonely world. Except this time it's worse because the last life you leave is the story of Sam and Mark and I really liked them. Granted, Mark wasn't really Mark at the time, but I still wanted to know what was going to happen, how it'd play out. If that's how I feel as the reader, imagine being A! Dipping into all these lives and then being ripped away again, never knowing what is going to happen to these
This reveals that A is a boy? 2 40 Dec 20, 2012 09:22PM
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Up All Night: A Short Story Collection
  • Broken Wing: A Requiem Novella  (Requiem, #0.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Hollywood Holiday (Red Carpet, #2)
  • Before (Betwixt, #0.5)
  • The Blue-Haired Boy (Faking Normal #0.5)
  • Career Day (Jasper Dent, #0.5)
  • Undiscovered (Unremembered, #1.5)
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Interim Goddess of Love (Interim Goddess of Love, #1)
  • It's in His Kiss (Brew Ha Ha, #0.5)
  • The Wide, Wide Sea (Chaos Walking, #2.5)
  • What Once We Feared (The Forest of Hands and Teeth #0.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Resurrection Bay
  • Men Who Wish to Drown
  • As They Slip Away (Across the Universe, #2.5)
David Levithan (born 1972) is an American children's book editor and award-winning author. He published his first YA book, Boy Meets Boy, in 2003. Levithan is also the founding editor of PUSH, a Young Adult imprint of Scholastic Press.

More about David Levithan...

Every Day (3 books)
  • Every Day (Every Day, #1)
  • Another Day (Every Day, #2)
  • Untitled (Every Day, #3)

“Some days are like this. And the only way to get through them is to remember that they are only one day, and that every day ends.” 95 likes
“It's the secret smile you get from knowing that, somewhere, there is someone who is yours. Not in the sense that you own her or control her. She is yours because you can say anything to her, whenever you need to. And she can do the same, whenever she needs to.” 40 likes