Start by marking “I'm a Truck” as Want to Read:
I'm a Truck

I'm a Truck

3.81  ·  Rating Details  ·  58 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
How-dee! My name’s Big Blue Bill, and I’m a truck. I’ve got 18 big wheels turning, 600 horses under the hood, and 53 feet o’ trailer hangin’ on behind . . . So begins a book that introduces all types of trucks (with names such as Bony Tony and Leif the Logging Truck), narrated by a good ol’ boy semi-truck! Lively text and bold, colorful artwork of hip, anthropomorphic truc ...more
Published October 31st 2012 by Golden Books (first published January 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about I'm a Truck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'm a Truck

Karen
Jan 20, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My five-year-old son has reached the "I love trucks" stage of his life. Actually, he has reached the "I love to take apart trucks and leave the pieces where Mommy steps on them" stage of his life. I'm fine with the "I love trucks" stage, but I'm hoping the other one will end soon.

Because I love my son, and he loves trucks and books, I bought him some new truck books. This was one of them.

The text was rather long, but engaging. It managed to keep his attention all the way through, although that
Connie
Jul 17, 2008 Connie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Be warned, the binding on this book *will* peel off. Have some tape to fix the problem. I took off a star over that.

Onto the book itself:

My little truck-obsessed niece (aged 2.5) adores this book. We follow a truck's day, and he tells us all about his various friends on the road and the jobs they do. The narration is similar in style to the "I Stink" series of books, but gentler - if you were turned off of those books because of the main character's attitude, you might prefer this one.

I do find
pati
Colorful story about lots of different trucks and all the things they do.
Ubalstecha
Big Blue Bill is a transport truck that takes goods back and forth across the country. Along the way he travels through field, cities, towns and deserts. He also meets up with other trucks and big vehicles. Big Bill explains how the roads work and the different roles his friends play.

For some reason when I read this, I suddenly gain a stereotypical cowboy movie accent. The boy loves it.
Tee
Jul 09, 2012 Tee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was surprised that Lucas (my 1.5 yr old) sat through a reading of this entire book. I guess he'd give it 5 stars. I give it 5 stars for keeping his attention that long. He'll even spend a good 10 minutes sitting by himself thumbing through the pages <-- I wish I could give it 6 stars for that!
Shannon
Dec 09, 2012 Shannon rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Pretty cute. If you're big into transportation, this is a boldly colored title to add to your collection. But I'm always amazed at the relatively complex text in Golden Books, so if you're looking for an early reader, this might be a bit much.
Sharon
Aug 17, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-a-child, dan, tom
Purchased for our trip to Atlanta. This book had a lot of text, perhaps a bit too much for Tommy, but it sure covered all aspects of trucking!
Elizabeth
Apr 10, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-kids
This is a great read-aloud book
Sam Wilson
Sam Wilson rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2016
Christina Wilson
Christina Wilson rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Keaton Robertson
Keaton Robertson rated it liked it
May 11, 2016
Sarah Baker
Sarah Baker rated it really liked it
May 18, 2016
Kara R Harder
Kara R Harder marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
Denisse
Denisse rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2016
roger
roger rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Melissa Todt
Melissa Todt rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2016
Stacy_palmer18
Stacy_palmer18 rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Jackie
Jackie rated it liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Dominik
Dominik rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2016
Lindsay
Lindsay rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2016
Kate
Kate rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2015
Liana
Liana rated it it was amazing
Dec 23, 2015