Start by marking “Hurt Me Good” as Want to Read:
Hurt Me Good

Hurt Me Good

2.93 of 5 stars 2.93  ·  rating details  ·  67 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Harper Cole may look like a best-selling author doing research for his next book, but underneath it all, he is a badass Dom and ex-rock star looking for a sub. When he meets a sexy stripper at the local gym, he uses the pretense of doing research for his next erotic novel to get close to the delicious man.

To the world Flame is a self-confident male stripper and acclaimed m
Published November 1st 2012 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Hurt Me Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurt Me Good

Purplegirl
Nov 10, 2012 Purplegirl marked it as not-good-enough-2-finish
I wasn't going to leave a review because I am not finishing and I don't have much to say that is constructive but since I am giving it one star, I feel I should say something. I got to 29% and this book has done a lot of the things that were just wrong. It had my biggest pet peeve, there is a lot of talk of a big bad Dom and other sentiments for Harper by him and other characters. Don't keep saying that about someone, it doesn't make him a better Dom. So we are going through the story and I thou ...more
ⓜⒿ
May 19, 2013 ⓜⒿ rated it 2 of 5 stars
1 1/2 Stars, DNF

It wasn't the most horribly written book I've ever read, but there were definitely things that got on my nerves. I'll say right now that I didn't finish this.

Okay, here are my nitpicks:

Flame: He really seemed very girlish. He was whinny, annoying, and flew off the handle at the drop of a hat. Not that whinny and annoying are girlish traits, it just seemed like Flame could have been a female character without changing any of his characterization(what I read at least).

Harper: He j
Gigi
MC's weren't very likable, not romantic in their D/s relationships. Not a satisfying read.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Ok I enjoyed this one. I didn't love it but there were a lot of moments that had me laughing and shaking my head. I mean come on you guys...a Dom who refers to himself all the time as the "Big Bad Dom" - doesn't make you laugh? He takes himself pretty seriously but, to his credit, he is aware of his flaws and doesn't hide them. Flame, to whome he is constantly referring to as "sweet sub" is anything but. Flame is as hot as his name but he ain't no rose. Prickly, quick to judge, and unable to mak ...more
MK (Food actvist)
This was so close to being a five star. I really loved the other stories I read by H.C Brown and as a fan I'm comparing my limited experience. Even so this still got a good rating. Review below:

TITLE

4 (highly rec)

HEAT
4 (erotic thrill ride)

REVIEW
May contain spoilers, read within caution...

At little over 200 pages I decided to break this review up into bite sized chunks. The first half of the book you have a reluctant sub stripper with
Valentina Heart

This review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews and can also be found there.

Seriously, a Dom, best-selling author and an ex-rock star paired up with a sexy stripper and you can’t help but wonder what’s the catch, because it just can’t be as good as that.

I went into this book full of expectations, but it didn’t take all that long to realize I would have an issue with the writing. As soon as Hunter sees Flame, the dancer, he knows he would have him and despite everyone tellin
Aerin
Nov 14, 2012 Aerin rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
Ugh there are so many things wrong with this book I don't even know where to start. I'm just going to say it was a waste of time and the story was so damn ridiculouse I gave up on it half way through. Harper got on my nerves from the begining and I have to say this is the first time reading an m/m book where the main character's way of thinking makes me want to puke. Like the very begining sauna scene .... what the hell was the author thinking??? Harper was stroking his cock and licking his lips ...more
Dragonslayer
I enjoyed this book. So many times I pick up a book and it's about firemen or two guys who meet in a bar and are giving blow jobs in the back alley in the first five minutes.
These characters were interestingly different. The sub plots had me reading to the end. The writing is superb. The way this author created Flame reminded me of a guy I once met, he was so real I could almost touch him.

Harper was the Dom of my dreams, hard on the outside with a big heart. A guy who cared a lot about his vanil
*DNF*

Still reading it which is why the midrange rating for now. There's an established couple as secondary characters, so I went looking through the author's bookshelf to see if there was a story about them. If there is I haven't found it; what I did find was this book: Burn by the same author in which one of the MCs is named... Harper Cole! From what I can tell the two books don't seem to be related at all which leaves me wondering why someone would write (seemingly, at least) unrelated books u
Brina Brady
I loved reading this book because I do love to read about strippers dancing on a pole. The story was cute and just enough conflict to make it fun to read. I loved both characters so much. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes MM Romance with a little spice to it. I wanted to read it all in one sitting because I could not wait to see what happened. I felt on edge a few times which made me read while I was eating and when I should be sleeping. I will most likely check out some other book ...more
Southernangel
I feel cheated. I honestly think this book was a waste of time and money. I usually give all the books I buy a fair chance, since I am such an avid reader, but this was so totally and completely a waste of my time. The story is so over the top, with so many plot holes, it was hard to keep it straight. If you want to write about something, do the research, instead of writing drivel.
CB
This had much more of a story line than I expected. I was prepared for the over-arrogant Dom and the bratty, insecure
Sub but there was a lot of action and drama. The author packed it all into a short time period which was a little rushed but it made for a much more fun and drama filled read than I was expecting.
I wanted to like this but I just couldn't get into it. The characters never came to life for me and I struggled with the plot. I also had problems with the take on BDSM and how a dom and sub should relate. Not a dnf but I had to make myself keep reading to the end.
Wendy
I fell in love with Flame and Harper. An awesome pair. The book had a wonderful story line with grea t scenes. A must read for all.
D
Ugh. Too much unbelievable stuff, characters not really likable or appealing in any way, but Harper was especially a dick.
Tia Fielding
Not bad writing, but nothing really worked for me about this book.
Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews
Nov 22, 2012 Monique ~ Sinfully Sexy Book Reviews marked it as to-read
November 5th release
Gabrielle Lee
Gabrielle Lee marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Fff
Fff marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Brenda Gay
Brenda Gay marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Maneater
Maneater marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
S.M. Franklin
S.M. Franklin marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Hurt Me Good by H.C. Brown 1 13 Nov 05, 2012 08:39AM
Floggers' Holiday Sale Colt's Obsession Take Me, Break Me Curious (Club Floggers #3) Unlocked