Start by marking “Hurt Me Good” as Want to Read:
Hurt Me Good

Hurt Me Good

Harper Cole may look like a best-selling author doing research for his next book, but underneath it all, he is a badass Dom and ex-rock star looking for a sub. When he meets a sexy stripper at the local gym, he uses the pretense of doing research for his next erotic novel to get close to the delicious man.

To the world Flame is a self-confident male stripper and acclaimed m
Published November 5th 2012 by Dreamspinner Press (first published November 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hurt Me Good, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hurt Me Good

Purplegirl
Nov 10, 2012 Purplegirl marked it as not-good-enough-2-finish
I wasn't going to leave a review because I am not finishing and I don't have much to say that is constructive but since I am giving it one star, I feel I should say something. I got to 29% and this book has done a lot of the things that were just wrong. It had my biggest pet peeve, there is a lot of talk of a big bad Dom and other sentiments for Harper by him and other characters. Don't keep saying that about someone, it doesn't make him a better Dom. So we are going through the story and I ...more
Gigi
Nov 13, 2012 Gigi rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-bdsm
MC's weren't very likable, not romantic in their D/s relationships. Not a satisfying read.
Unapologetic_Bookaholic
This was so close to being a five star. I really loved the other stories I read by H.C Brown and as a fan I'm comparing my limited experience. Even so this still got a good rating. Review below:

TITLE

4 (highly rec)

HEAT
4 (erotic thrill ride)

REVIEW
May contain spoilers, read within caution...

At little over 200 pages I decided to break this review up into bite sized chunks. The first half of the book you have a reluctant sub stripper with
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Jan 14, 2013 Jo * Smut-Dickted * rated it liked it
Shelves: review, bdsm, m-m
Ok I enjoyed this one. I didn't love it but there were a lot of moments that had me laughing and shaking my head. I mean come on you guys...a Dom who refers to himself all the time as the "Big Bad Dom" - doesn't make you laugh? He takes himself pretty seriously but, to his credit, he is aware of his flaws and doesn't hide them. Flame, to whome he is constantly referring to as "sweet sub" is anything but. Flame is as hot as his name but he ain't no rose. Prickly, quick to judge, and unable to ...more
Aerin
Nov 14, 2012 Aerin rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
Ugh there are so many things wrong with this book I don't even know where to start. I'm just going to say it was a waste of time and the story was so damn ridiculouse I gave up on it half way through. Harper got on my nerves from the begining and I have to say this is the first time reading an m/m book where the main character's way of thinking makes me want to puke. Like the very begining sauna scene .... what the hell was the author thinking??? Harper was stroking his cock and licking his lips ...more
Dragonslayer
Nov 16, 2012 Dragonslayer rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. So many times I pick up a book and it's about firemen or two guys who meet in a bar and are giving blow jobs in the back alley in the first five minutes.
These characters were interestingly different. The sub plots had me reading to the end. The writing is superb. The way this author created Flame reminded me of a guy I once met, he was so real I could almost touch him.

Harper was the Dom of my dreams, hard on the outside with a big heart. A guy who cared a lot about his vanil
Valentina Heart

This review was originally written for MM Good Book Reviews and can also be found there.

Seriously, a Dom, best-selling author and an ex-rock star paired up with a sexy stripper and you can’t help but wonder what’s the catch, because it just can’t be as good as that.

I went into this book full of expectations, but it didn’t take all that long to realize I would have an issue with the writing. As soon as Hunter sees Flame, the dancer, he knows he would have him and despite everyone tellin
Dec 17, 2012 Jennifer rated it did not like it
*DNF*

Still reading it which is why the midrange rating for now. There's an established couple as secondary characters, so I went looking through the author's bookshelf to see if there was a story about them. If there is I haven't found it; what I did find was this book: Burn by the same author in which one of the MCs is named... Harper Cole! From what I can tell the two books don't seem to be related at all which leaves me wondering why someone would write (seemingly, at least) unrelated books u
Southernangel
Jan 03, 2013 Southernangel rated it did not like it
I feel cheated. I honestly think this book was a waste of time and money. I usually give all the books I buy a fair chance, since I am such an avid reader, but this was so totally and completely a waste of my time. The story is so over the top, with so many plot holes, it was hard to keep it straight. If you want to write about something, do the research, instead of writing drivel.
CB
Sep 09, 2014 CB rated it it was amazing
This had much more of a story line than I expected. I was prepared for the over-arrogant Dom and the bratty, insecure
Sub but there was a lot of action and drama. The author packed it all into a short time period which was a little rushed but it made for a much more fun and drama filled read than I was expecting.
Nov 19, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this but I just couldn't get into it. The characters never came to life for me and I struggled with the plot. I also had problems with the take on BDSM and how a dom and sub should relate. Not a dnf but I had to make myself keep reading to the end.
Yvette
Jun 29, 2015 Yvette rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm-bdsm
The story is okay. I really didn't like the back and forth between Harper and Flame. I understand how Flame had trust issues but please, how can Harper be so self-righteous about what Flame went through.
D
Ugh. Too much unbelievable stuff, characters not really likable or appealing in any way, but Harper was especially a dick.
Wendy
Apr 09, 2013 Wendy rated it it was amazing
I fell in love with Flame and Harper. An awesome pair. The book had a wonderful story line with grea t scenes. A must read for all.
Eva S
Eva S rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2012
Dodo
Dodo rated it did not like it
Oct 24, 2015
Melissa Vose
Melissa Vose rated it it was amazing
Nov 09, 2012
Rhonda Pugh
Rhonda Pugh rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Charme
Charme rated it it was ok
Nov 11, 2012
Maryellen Berwind
Maryellen Berwind rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2014
Evma Decho
Evma Decho rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2015
Mick
Mick rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2014
Mandi
Mandi rated it did not like it
Nov 23, 2012
Te123
Te123 rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2016
LoriO.
LoriO. rated it liked it
Mar 12, 2014
Renie
Renie rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2014
MiMi Rae
MiMi Rae rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Dreamspinner Press: Hurt Me Good by H.C. Brown 1 13 Nov 05, 2012 08:39AM
H.C Brown is a multi published, best selling, award winning, author of Historical, Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, BDSM, Time Travel, Action Adventure, and Contemporary Romance.
In 2011 she was delighted to received nomination in three categories in the 2011 CAPA Awards.
H.C writes about strong alpha males in complex settings and all her stories have happy endings.
She married her childhood sweetheart
More about H.C. Brown...