Start by marking “What Chris Wants (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
What Chris Wants (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4.5)

What Chris Wants (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor #4.5)

3.77  ·  Rating Details ·  2,237 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
When the going gets tough, the tough turn to Chris Chapey. As the right-hand man to a group of take-no-prisoners mercenaries, Chris can organize a top secret rescue mission with his eyes closed. But when it comes to his personal life, Chris is the one who needs a little help.

His problem: Matt Houser. Chris can’t deny his attraction to Matt, but Matt has no idea what Chris’
Published January 1st 2013 by HQN

To ask other readers questions about What Chris Wants, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Chris Wants

Under a Painted Sky by Jenna RoadsThrough the Ever Night by Veronica RossiProdigy by Marie LuShades of Earth by Beth RevisSky Blue by Julie Cassar
Best books of January, 2013
26th out of 145 books — 471 voters
Seducing Cinderella by Gina L. MaxwellFighting for Irish by Gina L. MaxwellRules of Entanglement by Gina L. MaxwellFighting Destiny by Amelia HutchinsHard as It Gets by Laura Kaye
Covergasms!
392nd out of 1,099 books — 914 voters

More lists with this book...

Gina
Jan 12, 2013 Gina rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
When I heard Lori Foster was doing a novella for Chris I got excited. I loved this secondary character in her Men Who Walk on the Edge of Honor Series. I loved that series, Dare and the guys were hot, sexy, badass alpha men who got the job done and there was always plenty of steamy action to boot! YAY!! So even though i knew this was a short story and Chris was not a badass alpha guy, he was an important part of the team and I expected his own brand of excitement.

Chris is the one who keeps ever
Kari Gregg
Feb 01, 2013 Kari Gregg rated it did not like it
Let me preface this by saying that I read M/F as well as M/M and I've read & loved many Lori Foster books.

This ain't one of them.

This was excruciatingly bad. There is no intimacy between Matt and Chris. None. Not physically OR emotionally. The conflict is the Big Bad Seekrit device that a ten minute conversation could resolve. The het couples get more face time than the m/m pairing. The descriptions of the mercenaries leap off the page with all the vibrancy and sexy wootness that is singular
Ellen
I didn't want this story. Not that I didn't want Chris to have a HEA, but I didn't think that Lori Foster, who frustrated me so with A Perfect Storm could manage to do her first m/m story well. I was happier when I made up my own ending.

I don't read a lot of m/m romance, maybe 1% or less and of what I read I have one author that I re-read. What I do read is basically romance but with a gay male couple. And while I don't expect every romance I read to have sex I expect consistency in my series' a
Sabine Honig
Jan 05, 2013 Sabine Honig rated it it was ok
Oh boy was this a disappointing read. It can't really be classified as an MM story because even though it is about 2 men, NOTHING happens. We get the aftermath and it is a story that has a lot of fill in the blanks of what happened between the two guys.

Fans demanded the story - all well and good if the author is familiar with the genre and genuinely wants to write a kick ass story, and this could have been one but it just wasn't.

Word of warning - don't ask an author to write in a genre she has
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
I'm going to read this series simply to get to this book. Please be worth it. I'm already a little sad it's so short. (So I really didn't like When You Dare but loved Chris so skipped to this book. My review of WYD review)

I loved this one, but it's a shame it's so short.

From what I've read it looked like Lori never planned to write a story for Chris at all, but did so at readers request for his story. And he had a good story and I should be happy with what I got I guess but I still want a lot m
Dorsey aka ❤️ Wrath Lover and KA Addict ❤️
Short & sweet. Chris gets his HEA and we get a glimpse of Dare, Molly, Trace, Priss, Jackson, Alini, Spencer, & Arizona. I wish it was a little more in depth but I'm satisfied with the ending.
Amy Jacobs
Jan 01, 2013 Amy Jacobs rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Before I start this review, I want to take a moment to thank author Lori Foster for writing this story. Chris was not suppose to originally have a story of his own in this series from what I understand. With fans of this series begging her to give Chris a Happily-Ever-After, author Lori Foster listened and gave the fans what we asked. Thank you for taking our pleas into consideration!

After following this series from the beginning, we have read about Chris Chapey and everything he does to keep th
Wminbc
Jan 01, 2013 Wminbc rated it it was amazing
WHY SO SHORT AND OLY ONE KISS.??? But, must say love Chris and so happy for him!
Donna
Jan 01, 2013 Donna rated it it was amazing
First I’d like to thank Lori Foster for stretching her comfort zone and writing this story. Chris started out as a secondary character in the Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series. He was the guy who made it possible for the heroes to go off and do their thing. But Chris was in his own way just as strong and supportive as the alphas he worked with and we wanted him to get his HEA too. This normally wouldn't have been a problem; just write his story as a short in an anthology but Chris is gay and ...more
Melanie
*sigh*

Honestly, why even bother?

description

It's great that Ms. Foster wanted Chris to have a happily ever after of his own. I'm down with that - and I was really looking forward to this novella. In fact, when I heard about it, the news totally rejuvenated my interest in this series and prompted me to get going on 'A Perfect Storm' - a book I ended up really enjoying.

But this, this, was a travesty. A huge fail. A missed opportunity. Crash and burn.

description

Instead of a satisfying HEA for Chris, we get a novella that
Yoshi
Jan 11, 2013 Yoshi rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
I didn't read any book in the series but I am curious to know what Ms Foster is able to do with a romance with two men. I used to read a lot of books by Ms Foster, since I discovered mm romance, I stopped reading any m/f.

I was disappointed because I cannot feel any romantic connection or sexual tension between Chris and Matt. Maybe we can find these in book 1-4?? Because this story is too short? I can imagine the readers who have read all the books in the series are very happy with it because t
Edina Rose
Jan 03, 2013 Edina Rose rated it really liked it
Very nice short male-male romance with fade-to-black sex. It's part of a Lori Foster FM mainstream series.

I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time Harlequin publishes a MM romance. Although Carina press, which the group owns, has some MM fiction, until now Harlequin was "queer virgin".
Tania
Jan 07, 2013 Tania rated it liked it
I was happy to see Chris get his HEA even though it had never been Lori Foster's intentions to give Chris his own book. He has been a fantastic support character throughout the series and I loved his snarky, sarcastic attitude. I was disappointed that it was so short and I felt like there should have been more detail about their physical interaction.
Elizabeth (Liz)
SO happy Chris finally got his HEA with Matt!! Thank you, Lori Foster, for giving the fans what we asked for:) Very short, but so, so worth it!
JoLee (Wickedly Delicious Book Blog)
Thank you Lori Foster for giving your fans Chris’s HEA and for only selling it for .99 cents. Awesome!! Not only does Lori Foster write amazing novels but she is a sweetheart that listened to all her fans when asking for Chris’s HEA especially since he was just a sexy secondary character that was not planned as ever getting his own story. That alone shot this up from a 4 star loved it novella to a 5 star perfect novella.

As for Chris HEA I enjoyed every moment of it especially since I got the wh
Alyssa
Jan 04, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
Review originally posted at Hesperia Loves Books

Lori Foster is just simply amazing and, with every new book that I read by her, I fall more and more in love. My love affair with her work began with the Men Who Walk The Edge of Honor series and those books will forever hold a special place in my heart. Dare, Trace, Jackson & Spencer are phenomenal characters and I will continue to swoon over them for many years to come! With What Chris Wants, my heart is content, complete & fulfilled. Fin
Christy Townzen aka Tyhada
Jan 08, 2013 Christy Townzen aka Tyhada rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I heard Chris was going to get his own story. Although it's a short one (Novella), it's a great read. I was able to read it all in one setting. I love the Edge of Honor Series. It's chock full of tall, dark and sexy heroes. It's a must read for all romantic suspense lovers.

Chris is the glue that holds everything together. He's more than Dare's errand boy even though Matt has no idea. Bound by secrecy, Chris can't give anything away about his job responsibilities. Matt wants
Arshia
Jan 05, 2013 Arshia rated it really liked it
So happy Chris got his HEA! I was reading Trace of Fever again and I was thinking that Matt and Chris would be perfect together. I know for some of us the m/m story is out of our comfort zone but Lori Foster wrote the story in a very classy manner.
Lasha
Feb 17, 2013 Lasha rated it it was ok
Shelves: jessewave, military
Let me start out this review by stating I have been reading romance novels for 30+ years. I started out with Harlequin Romances and Presents and as I matured moved into the Silhouette Nocturne and Harlequin Temptation books. Those novels are where I discovered Lori Foster and her Men to the Rescue series. So, I was very excited to hear that Ms. Foster had jumped into the m/m world by writing her first novel featuring a romance between two male protagonists called What Chris Wants, which is a par ...more
Meep
Feb 02, 2013 Meep rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: fans of the series?
Meh. Possibly works better if you follow the series. I get the strong impression the book was written to meet demand, that Foster was out of her comfort zone and didn't really want to write this. It's the only explanation for why the m-f heroes are fawned over but the m-m main characters have so little impact. I'm not sure whether to commend her for trying or wish she hadn't.

There seems to be a long introduction to say who everyone is when there's not room for that in such a short novella. 'The
Deb
Jan 07, 2013 Deb rated it it was amazing
ARC Copy

What Chris Wants by Lori Foster is the fifth and last installment in the Men Who Walk The Edge Of Honor Series comes out January 1st. Finally at last we get the amazingly charming Chris’s story. Since this series as started Mrs. Foster’s fans have been craving for Chris to have his own story . Mrs. Foster satisfied her fans hunger.

Chris is like an well oiled machine, well organized, loveable, loyal and I do believe if he had too he could snuff out someones lights. *smiles*

Chris is a true
Darcy
Jan 03, 2013 Darcy rated it really liked it
I am not a big fan of m/m stories. But there are authors out there that don't start out writing that into their stories, but they evolved there and I find myself hoping and wishing for the story with characters that I have come to love and that is what Foster did with Chris and this series.

From the start I have liked Chris and with each book it grew, up to Arizona's when he came up with the perfect b-day present for her. I love how he takes care of everyone in their family, how he accepted all t
PepperP0t
3.5stars actually
A minor misunderstanding stalls Chris' efforts for his very own HEA and the guys are on a different type of mission this time around. Chris has been a staple as the go-to guy from the outset and with the guys all finding their loves and moving on it was past time Chris did as well. Matt, a hairstylist and Chris poison of choice was introduced in A Perfect Storm fit in perfectly with the team and the family atmosphere - but was still an outsider. This short neatly wraps the serie
Silverana
Jan 08, 2013 Silverana rated it really liked it
Shelves: 99-winter, kindle
Not as good as I expected but still nice to read. Both Chris and Matt are great characters. I loved Chris in all the books and he was great in this one but it made me a little mad how he would shove Matt away a little too much and then give him a come here signal. Matt was very sweet and shy. I loved that side of him. But I felt that he was a little too forgiving. I would have enjoyed a much stronger side to him in which near the end, Chris would have to win him back. At the end, it was Matt who ...more
Angela
Jan 12, 2013 Angela rated it it was ok
This book was a total letdown to me. I love the character of Chris from the Men who walk the edge of danger series. Ms. Foster played it pretty safe as far as this m/m romance went. There is no romance, no love scene (not even a tame scene) to be found in this short tale. I found myself not believing that Chris really wanted to be with this guy (Matt). And their 'obstacle' was really not believable. What Chris wants, does not fit in with these other guys' books of the series. Playful, fun loving ...more
Jill Wilson
Jan 02, 2013 Jill Wilson rated it really liked it
I absolutely loved Chris in this series!!!! So I was thrilled when I found out that Lori was going to give us Chris' HEA. The only negative thing I can say about this story is that it was too short. I loved seeing all the characters again. It was like a family reunion. I really dug this series and this was an awesome way to end it!! Thanks Lori for giving this to us!!
Nikki
Well that was short and sweet! I really enjoyed this series and was happy to see Ms. Foster added a novella for Chris! He was such a great supporting character throughout all the books! While this was really short and there was no steamy scenes, it was great! A little peak at the gang and Chris gets his HEA!
Tabatha
Jan 02, 2013 Tabatha rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-nook-books
Loved that Chris finally got a HEA, but I was hoping for a bit more than just a single kiss in the book between him and Matt. I understand Foster trying not alienate her reading base by doing a m/m book since that isn't her thing, but they could have shared more than one kiss.
AnnaBanana
It's good to finally have closure on that but I wish it had been just a little bit longer. It doesn't hurt the story but I'm just wanting more of them all. ;) I'm so going to miss these characters and I'm so glad that Chris got his HEA! Full review coming soon...
Laura the Highland Hussy
3.5
This was really sweet. I'm so glad Chris got an HEA and I'm glad it was with Matt. I like Matt :)
A New M/M Romance From Lori Foster 3 33 May 21, 2013 11:09AM
  • Relentless (Lodestone Trilogy #3)
  • When Tony Met Adam (Troubleshooters, #12.5)
  • Skin Deep (I-Team, #5.5)
  • Wait Until Dark (The Night Stalkers, #4)
  • Leave No Trace (Black Ops, #5.5)
  • Chasing Danger (Deadly Ops, #2.5)
  • Fated (Serendipity, #1.5)
  • Softly at Sunrise (KGI, #5.5)
  • She's Hot Now
  • SEAL of My Dreams
  • A Grizzly Kind Of Love (The Mating Game Book 3)
  • Short Rides (Rough Riders, #14.5)
  • Free Fall (Elite Force, #4)
  • Surrender (Section 8, #1)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • Strong Enough to Love (Jackson, #1.2)

Lori hosts a very special annual “Reader & Author” event in West Chester, Ohio. Proceeds fro
More about Lori Foster...

Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor (4 books)
  • When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
  • Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2)
  • Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3)
  • A Perfect Storm (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #4)