Start by marking “Arch Enemy of Murder (A Lacy Steele Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Arch Enemy of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #4)

Arch Enemy of Murder (A Lacy Steele Mystery #4)

Lacy Steele simply wants to focus on the grand opening of her remodeled building, but life and death keep getting in the way. Her sister, Riley, is on the attack, and so are her grandmother's group of friends. Caught in the middle between Jason and Tosh and overwhelmed by work stress, the last thing Lacy wants is to be drawn into another murder investigation.

But when an un
Published September 18th 2012 by Vanessa Gray Bartal

To ask other readers questions about Arch Enemy of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Arch Enemy of Murder

Helena Goes to Hollywood by C.C. DragonThe Cat Who Could Read Backwards by Lilian Jackson BraunThe Root of all Trouble by Heather WebberThe Cat Who Ate Danish Modern by Lilian Jackson BraunShakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris
Favorite Cozy Mystery
60th out of 209 books — 30 voters
Out of Turn by Tiffany SnowNo Turning Back by Tiffany SnowTurning Point by Tiffany SnowTurn to Me by Tiffany SnowPoint of No Return by Tiffany Snow
Best Women Sleuth Series
85th out of 93 books — 46 voters

More lists with this book...

Jeanne Stephens
Mar 26, 2013 Jeanne Stephens rated it it was amazing
This is the fourth book in a great series. I started reading these books and I think they are wonderful! For everyone who likes cozy mysteries this is a great series.
This book will not disappoint In fact I think this is my favorite so far because of the cliffhanger ending.
Riley moves into the house with Lacy and her grandparents. She decided not to marry Robert, Lacy's former fiancé.
There is a murder to be solved. Tosh's secretary is charged with murder and asks Lacy to help.
This was a great sto
Nancy
Mar 10, 2013 Nancy added it
4.0 of 5 stars 4.00 · rating details · 41 ratings · 6 reviews

But when an unlikely source requests her by name, what can she do but help? Ja
Adrienne Testa
Nov 13, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it liked it
Lacy Steele wants to focus on the grand opening of her building but instead is forced to deal with her sister returning to town. She has to deal with Tosh and Jason not getting along and the murder of Pearl's husband. Everyone has secrets, the hunting of lions outside of town being kept secret, Jason getting shot and Tosh eloping. Can Lacy actually accept all that is going on around her. Not without fist fighting with her sister and struggling with her feelings for both Jason and Tosh. Jason ...more
Laurie
Jan 05, 2013 Laurie rated it liked it
As the romance saga did move on, with some finalization, it was refreshing. I enjoyed the new characters brought into this setting, and found the sibiling feuds humorious at times because of the actual age the ladies are, and the childish age they were acting. Did enjoy the brawl between Lacy and Riley!! Am wondering if towns of small population have those political cirles of secrets. Hope this group becomes exposed enough to end this part of the saga, and of course what is Riley up to now???? ...more
Karey
Jan 12, 2013 Karey rated it liked it
Ingra  Saddler
Jul 03, 2015 Ingra Saddler rated it liked it
Good but not great

This was not my favorite Lacy Steele book. The plot was not as thick and juicy as some of the others. And I really do not like the romance part of these books. Tosh and lacy have a connection but her and Jason seem to not to have anything but lust. It's kind of corny and shallow. This book is worth reading especially if your going to continue with the series. But it is definitely not Vanessa's best work.
Tammy
Mar 21, 2013 Tammy rated it it was amazing
Once again she has knocked it out of the park! I thought the last one was my favorite in this series but now I am not so sure...
There are interesting plot twist in this one that make this series stay fresh and fun.The mystery kept me guessing to the very end. I just love this series and cant wait for more.
S. R. Lewis
Jun 01, 2016 S. R. Lewis rated it it was amazing
Totally entertaining

I love the Lacy Steele series. Once I start reading I can't put it down. Wonderful characters, entertaining mystery and action, and some romance. The humor in some scenes is laugh out loud funny. I'm so glad Lacy and Jason are finally getting together. I hope.
Jean
Nov 24, 2012 Jean rated it liked it
The fourth in a series definately worth the read! A few loose ends get tied up in this story, but a few don't and some new complications crop up for Lacy. I love the mystery part, as much as the continuing character saga. This is the first one that I had a clue about exactly what happened, but no clue as to who done it! Keep writing Ms. Bartal!
Theresa
Feb 21, 2013 Theresa rated it liked it
"Arch Enemy of Murder" was not as good in my opinion as the books in the series before it. The storyline of the love triangle between Tosh, Lacy and Jason was getting very tiring and I found myself yelling at Lacy to make up her mind!! Finally she did and it was then at the last few pages another bombshell was dropped.

I'll keep reading the next book in the series, but I hope it's better.
Mary
Jul 21, 2013 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series
I love that, just when I have the story all figured out, there is a twist that I never saw coming. Great read, I can't wait to start the next one. I keep putting these before the books that are on my list of reading now and to read.... but they are addicting for me....
Kay (Brigidsmomma) Compton
This is another great Lacy Steele mystery. How she always seems to end up caught in the middle of some sort of fiasco is kind of crazy, but it really does work. For another humorous and lighthearted mystery, you can't go wrong with this one!
Kathryn Moore
Sep 23, 2013 Kathryn Moore rated it really liked it
#4 in the Lacy Steele series. Lacy finally chooses between Jason and Tosh.
A mysterious lion shows up and gunshots are fired leaving someone murdered and someone injured.
Lacy is asked to solve another murder.
Timeforme
This was my favorite story in the series. I am so glad that Lacy finally figured out who her guy was!
Jacqueline
Jun 30, 2013 Jacqueline rated it liked it
Number 4 in the Lacy Steel Cosy mysteries. Will Lacy's sister Riley ever become a decent human being?
Vivian
Sep 21, 2014 Vivian rated it it was ok
Can't stand the sister - so much so that I won't be reading any more of this series. That's too bad because I really liked Lacy and her adventures and relationship woes.
P.A. Wilson
Oct 11, 2014 P.A. Wilson rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this latest in the series and I look forward to the next one. There are definitely more complications coming her way. And will she help Riley?
Lorraine
Jan 06, 2013 Lorraine rated it really liked it
This was a good installment in the series. The mystery plot had an unexpected outcome, and the personal plot, although a little predictable, was fun as well.
Lesleyanne
Mar 24, 2016 Lesleyanne rated it really liked it
Another good read. Thankfully the love triangle has been sorted. I just wish some of the other writers with love triangles could sort theirs. This book seemed over really quickly.
Rita McDowell
Dec 01, 2014 Rita McDowell rated it it was amazing
Another Entertaining Book

Like the previous books in this series, this book will entertain you from beginning to the end. Truly excellent writing.
Glenda
Oct 08, 2012 Glenda rated it it was amazing
Lacy Steele. One of my favorite cozy mystery series. She is funny and quirky. tHIS SERIES ALWAYS GIVES ME A FEW LAUGH OUT LOUD MOMENTS.
Gillian
Gillian rated it it was amazing
Nov 25, 2015
Nadezhda
Nadezhda rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2014
Rachel
Rachel rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2014
Deb crisanti
Deb crisanti rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2016
Jeanette
Jeanette rated it liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Peg Allison frushour
Peg Allison frushour rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2016
Mary   J. Corbett
Mary J. Corbett rated it liked it
Aug 28, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2014
  • Chocolate Can Kill (Emily Harris Mystery, #1)
  • 3 Bodies and a Biscotti (Lexy Baker #4)
  • Stranded (Ivy Malone Mysteries, #4)
  • Grim Offerings (Aisling Grimlock, #2)
  • Shock and Awesome (Lexi Graves Mysteries, #4)
  • A Violet March (Samantha Rialto #3)
  • Diners, Dives & Dead Ends (Rose Strickland Mystery, #1)
  • When Good Bras Go Bad (Myrtle Crumb, #2)
  • No One to Trust (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #2)
  • A Nose for Hanky Panky (A Granite Cove Mystery, #1 )
  • Cupid's Revenge (A Chloe Boston Mystery #5)
  • The Hitwoman Hunts a Ghost (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman, #6)
  • A Dyeing Shame (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries, #3)
  • Never Con a Corgi (Leigh Koslow Mystery #6)
  • Dying for a Change
Vanessa Gray Bartal is an avid reader who also loves to write. She has written over forty novels, ranging from young adult to coming-of-age adult stories, including several series. She is a full time mother to her young daughter as well as an accomplished baker (for which her astoundingly handsome husband is truly grateful).

After spending two years at Olivet Nazarene University, Vanessa transferre
More about Vanessa Gray Bartal...

A Lacy Steele Mystery (7 books)
  • Morning Cup of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #1)
  • Building Blocks of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #2)
  • Family Case of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #3)
  • Class Reunion of Murder  (A Lacy Steele Mystery #5)
  • Wedding Day of Murder (Lacy Steele Mysteries, Book 6)
  • Icy Grip of Murder (A Lacy Steele Mystery Book 7)