Start by marking “The Bride of Larkspear (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
The Bride of Larkspear (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3.5)

The Bride of Larkspear (Fitzhugh Trilogy #3.5)

What distinguishes this bed is the woman attached to it--her wrists tied behind her to one of the excessively sturdy bedposts.

And this being a work of Eros, she is, of course, naked.

My bride does not look at me. She is determined, as ever, to shunt me to the periphery of her existence, even on this, our wedding night.

I touch her. Her skin is as cool as marble, the flesh be
Published September 27th 2012 by NLA Digital LLC (first published September 26th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Bride of Larkspear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bride of Larkspear

Katrina Passick Lumsden
Yowza. It's a good thing I don't want any more children because my ovaries imploded while reading this.

For anyone who doesn't know, this is an erotic novella to accompany Thomas' Fitzhugh trilogy. I didn't particularly care for the first book in that series, and I skimmed the second because the premise made me want to roll my eyes, but the third was, in my opinion, quite good and definitely worth reading. This novella is just the extremely spicy icing on the cake that is David and Helena's sala
Keri
3.5 Stars. While I did enjoy this hot read, I just wished the c word hadn't been used with such abandon. I don't consider that necessary for an erotic novella, but that is probably just me.
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Sep 29, 2012 Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...] rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a sexy story and all the fans of Hastings
Jill
Sep 22, 2013 Jill rated it it was ok

Lord Rose
As a companion to Tempting the Bride, this is somewhat interesting. On its own, however, definitely not my cup of tea. I did like that it was the hero/Hastings narrating, though, since I liked him quite a bit in Tempting the Bride.

I am not generally a reader of erotica, so I really can't say how this compares at all. But it did have two things I definitely dislike: dirty talking and "back door" action.

If Hastings actually gave this to Helena to publish, and if on her sporadic readings of it she'
Crt
Oct 07, 2012 Crt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lo que realmente me encanta de este libro es la declaración de amor del escritor que supone hacia su editora, el hecho de que la escriba porque no puede decírselo de otra forma. Adoro haber tenido la oportunidad de leer la carta de amor que le dedica, escondida como siempre tras un intento de irritarla, porque tanto la historia en sí, como los dibujos vuelven a ser otro intento de tirarle de las trenzas, dado que ese niño grande en que se ha convertido no parece ser capaz de demostrarle sus sent ...more
La Mala ✌
Lo leí en una sentada (¿o en una acostada?... que se yo) y más que nada porque amo a Hastings y a Helena; y siempre que termino de releer Tempting the Bride (y ya van vaaarias relecturas en los últimos dos años) me quedo medio insatisfecha con la trama.

Esto apenas tiene trama, es solamente el librito erótico que David le escribe a Helena antes de... bue, antes del libro de ambos.

Es entretenido y bastante más picante de lo que Sherry Thomas acotumbra a escribir. En serio, mucho más de lo normal.

L
Malin
Oct 11, 2012 Malin rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas
A nice extra to the Fitzhugh trilogy, a very steamy "fantasy" written by the Viscount Hastings to the object of his unrequited love, Miss Helena Fitzhugh. Trying to provoke a reaction from her, he writes an erotic story that he asked her to publish.

Works as a fun companion to Tempting the Bride. Obviously not for the shy, this really does get a lot more graphic than your standard romance novel.
Christy
Oct 04, 2012 Christy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1-own-it-kindle
I loved this in the context of the Fitzhugh trilogy. The only thing that puzzles me is that if he gave THIS book to her, then he was in reality revealing his true feelings to her, which I don't think we really know in the other books. I don't think the excerpts in the trilogy show us that aspect of this book. I may have to reread them to see how this fits in. Did he just assume she hadn't read it?
Michelle Connolly
I just love Hastings... Who wouldn't? Sexy, gorgeous and irresistibly cocky, with so much tortured love and tenderness hidden inside. Don't miss this steamy little romance... *sigh*
LaFleurBleue
I read it in between the instalments 2 and 3 of the Fitzhugh trilogy and before the complete story of Helena and Hastings. I'm quite curious to see how she will react when having completed the reading of this erotic book in which Lord Hastings revealed his fantasies and inner desires quite extensively and without his usual wryness and derision. I found that rather moving and a very good introduction to the next book.
I was slightly surprised that the steamy parts were not as conventional as what
Katie
Huh. Bit baffled on how to rate this one. On its own, I'm not sure it works very well, but in the context of the Fitzhugh Trilogy, where it was written by Hastings, where it seems quite clear he means it to be about him and Helena . . . that's a different thing.

And yet it also raises questions, like, really narrator/Hastings, WHY couldn't you just tell her you loved her? And I'm not sure I bought her transforming feelings.

And the beginning was a bit uncomfortable, consent-wise. Did she agree to
Felita Hardigaloeh
novel ini dibuat David untuk Helena di Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3) by Sherry Thomas, wajar jika karakter Hero dan Heroine nya mirip2 mereka.

Walaupun beda "hal" yg bisa merekatkan mereka setelah nikah paksa itu, cerita ini lebih simpel tapi ga kalah menggambarkan desperate nya sang Hero di sini menanti dijawabnya perasaan unrequited love.

paling suka ketika sang hero bilang :
Boys have insulted girls they fancy for as long as syllables have existed. I am, however, a bigger fool than most. I have persisted at my boyish methods long after I
Katherine 黄爱芬
Novel ini menceritakan fantasi seksual David, Lord Hastings terhadap Helena (Fitzhugh Series #3). Berperan sbg Mr. Larkspear yg sedang berbulan madu dgn istri barunya, mereka memulai love & hate relationship di atas ranjang.

Menurut saya scene-scene yg melibatkan bedpost, scarf, blindfolded ini tergolong steamy. Yg agak spesial adalah dongeng Pangeran Narcissus dgn balon terbangnya, Pride. Mungkin hal inilah yg "menggoyahkan" hati pengantinnya Larkspear. Larkspear beruntung pengantinnya memil
Chanpreet
Oct 07, 2012 Chanpreet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is hot! Lord Hastings finally finds a way to get Helena to accept him.

It doesn't really fit into the scheme of the series, but it is Hasting's private thoughts. Plus we get insight into his mind and even into Helena's a little.

Oh and I've given 5 stars even though there was something in here I don't usually like reading about. I guess it was acceptable in this case because it was something Helena wanted and not something the guy wanted to do, which is usually the case in all other erotic
SaturNalia
Larkspear is in love with his bride and has been for a long time, unfortunately they have a past and his words have hurt her before. Pride and fear of rejection has prevented him from sharing his feelings. He uses sex to express his feeling instead. Both leads are stubborn and refuse to give an inch in the emotional department.. Quick, emotional read from the male perspective. Larkspear's vaulnerability and angst were well expressed.
Diane Peterson
An interesting departure for Sherry Thomas, this erotic novella is basically a story within a story (the related book is Tempting the Bride. It is somewhat typical erotica fare. If the hero was a real person you would think that he is obsessive about her. Good, but lacked the emotional depth of her other books.
Metaspinster
Definitely read in conjunction with, if not the whole series, then at least Tempting the Bride, in which this novella is a book within the book.

It's a dirty book written by the hero about his fears and desires regarding his unrequited love for the heroine!
Pamela
Oct 17, 2012 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read this novella in one sitting and "fans herself", it was quite entertaining. I'm going to have to read the book this was an extension of! I loved both leading characters and would love to read more of there chemistry with each other that was a prequel to this novella. Thank Ms. Thomas for a glimpse of your world and thank you for the signed copy.
Shelley
Jan 02, 2013 Shelley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yes, I am one of the few who has not read a Thomas book (though I've got them in my TBR mountain) but will correct that oversight now that I've finished this short story. Very sexy and angsty. The sexiest part? The H realizing that he must make emotional sacrifices and bare his soul in order to win his wife's love and respect. Ooohh...makes shiver. :0)

p.s. The doggie was cute too.
Martina Nix Govoni
Ecco a voi lo strano caso del racconto dentro il romanzo più bello del romanzo stesso. Sarà che è solo un complemento d'arredo, ma è uno di quelli che ti rivoluziona la stanza e cattura tutta la luce. Un racconto complesso e approfondito, erotico al punto giusto, che è la ciliegina sulla torta di tutta la serie.
Lil' Grogan
Apr 01, 2015 Lil' Grogan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Felt I had to read since I read the main story. Meh..too much of same character development. Kink is very low. (view spoiler)
Ashley Jones
Oct 31, 2012 Ashley Jones rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This was a fun and sexy short story that definitely had an interesting story line. I enjoyed the way it was written and it definitely made me want to read more of Ms. Thomas' books. I would recommend it to anyone that wants a to read a quick and steamy erotic story.
Daron
I don't know why I read this, since Helena and Hillsborough's actual book never sat well with me. Pretty hot bedroom action, but it's difficult when once again Helena's agency is only given lip service. Icky.
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this hot and erotic story!!! I would recommend this novella to anyone who likes a quick and steamy read.

(Won on Goodreads)
Gowri
Jan 13, 2016 Gowri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Meh
Da Kamel
Apr 21, 2013 Da Kamel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read Sherry Thomas's other books and finally reading this little erotic gem, it is like a raunchier tiny morsel of her body of work. Lots of hopeful angst. It's a keeper.
Miss
Jul 05, 2013 Miss rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
as a product of david's fantasy it makes sense but if i were helena i'd make him go through some serious edits before declaring it fit to print. 2 stars
  • Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Your Wicked Heart (Rules for the Reckless, #0.5)
  • Midnight Scandals
  • The Panther and the Pearl
  • Splendor
  • No Strings
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Sweet Deception (Veiled Seduction, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Sinful: Epilogue (Addicted, #2.1)
  • Breathless
  • Victoria's Demon Lover
Because actual world domination is too much trouble, USA Today-bestselling author Sherry Thomas decided that her goal is life is to write every kind of book she enjoys reading. Thus far she has published romance, fantasy, mystery, and a wuxia-inspired duology. Her books regularly receive starred reviews and best-of-the-year honors from trade publications, including such outlets as the New York Tim ...more
More about Sherry Thomas...

Fitzhugh Trilogy (3 books)
  • Beguiling the Beauty (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #1)
  • Ravishing the Heiress (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #2)
  • Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)

“I love everything about her, including her talent for breaking my heart.” 5 likes