Start by marking “Deadly Rhythm” as Want to Read:
Deadly Rhythm

Deadly Rhythm (Philip Sarkis Mystery #2)

Al Romanzo is a World War II veteran living out his days in a nursing home in the coal- mining region of northeastern Pennsylvania. A nasty fall prompts an admission to a Scranton hospital where, a few days later, he dies after an unexpected cardiac arrest. His two children, who had abandoned him years earlier upon leaving for Southern California, decide to bring a ...more
Published November 13th 2012 by Pavilion Press

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Rhythm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deadly Rhythm

Patrice Hoffman
Mar 21, 2013 Patrice Hoffman rated it it was ok
I recently decided it was time to get back to actual paper books so the novel Deadly Rhythm by Peter Kowey MD arriving in the mail was a good place to start... initially. The novel begins with an old man, Al Romanzo, having a fall in a nursing home that eventually leads to his death at a hospital. In an effort to squeeze the hospital for money his children file a malpractice lawsuit when there were questions of how someone comes to the hospital for a fall but leaves dead by reason of cardiac ...more
Erica Hunt
Aug 16, 2013 Erica Hunt rated it really liked it
To start out with I am trying something new on my blog called Book Review Weekend. My hope is every weekend-at least over the summer-post a book review for my readers. I am also hoping to find others out there who are review books who can link up there posts underneath my main post.
So my weekend review was a book written by a cardiologist Peter R. Kowey. Dr. Kowey weaves a very interested story about his main character Dr. Sarkis and life after having to leave a prestigious practice due to huge
Lorrie
Oct 05, 2013 Lorrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, mystery
I received this autographed book freely as a result of a first-reads giveaway.

I began the book reading about 10 pgs each night before sleep. When I got to about halfway through, the book grabbed me and I found myself opening my "nighttime read" during the day. So, there you have it! I read the remaining 50% all in one sitting yesterday afternoon.

The book was interesting. I'm still processing it. The book was more about the main characters, Dorothy (an attorney) and Philip (a cardiac physician)
Rita
Mar 10, 2013 Rita rated it it was amazing
I just got it on a giveaway, can't wait to read!

- Will be editing this review as soon as I get the book. :)

It took awhile, but I finally got the book couldn't wait to read it.

The book is such a page turner, made me stay awake though the night to just finish it.

My mom is on the medical field, so needles to say that I loved it, used to read lots of Cook. Could not get enough of the whole medical, I really do think was spot on. Makes the plot that much believable, its so easy to get immerse in the
Rachel
May 10, 2013 Rachel rated it liked it
From the start it is obvious that the author knows what he is talking about when it comes to the medical jargon. It was written in a way that those of us without this knowledge can understand what is going on, without the words being dumbed down. Although the start of the book is a bit slow to get going, it does pick up the pace at the end. The characters are well written and enough backstory is given to flesh them out. Worth a read.
*I won this book in a GoodReads First Reads giveaway*
Lorri
Jan 26, 2013 Lorri rated it really liked it
I had not read his previous book, but found this one to be interesting. I thought I had the story all figured out, but was I wrong! Philip gets involved in the case and can't let go, knowing that it could cause him problems. With the help of his girlfriend and her father, they finally put together the details and find the killers. It kept me reading through the night to find out what would happen!

I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my opinion.
Betsy Hover
Mar 22, 2013 Betsy Hover rated it liked it
Shelves: own-read-already
I was delighted to receive this book as Goodreads giveaway! The author of medical murder mystery, Peter Kowey, has written another great book incorporating the medical field intertwined with a mystery. The stage is an investigation of a mal-practice claim of elderly man who dies after being admitted to the hospital from a nasty fall. During the investigation, other patients have been involved in the same fate.
Lynnett Palindat
May 11, 2013 Lynnett Palindat rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
A very simplistic writing style, an interesting story but a disappointing ending. If this is based on a true story and the actual result of the crime committed was that it was not investigated or taken seriously and that the real ending was a massive fire that killed 20 bad guys then I really suffer a crisis of faith for the American justice system.
Rena
Mar 07, 2013 Rena rated it liked it
Received this from Goodreads. This is a very interesting medical mystery. I love this genre since I was pre-med in college (but didn't end up going to med school). Anyway, while the mystery and sinister aspects of the story were good, I didn't find it super thrilling, as in the usual way a novel is considered a thriller. But it's a great story and I loved the scientific aspects of it.
Kristie
Oct 15, 2013 Kristie rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2012, own
I won this book as a Goodreads giveaway.

This book was ok. It was an interesting mystery, but some parts were a little too technical for my taste. Also, the writing was not quite as fluid as I'm used to, which made it difficult to get lost in the story.
Dolly
Mar 21, 2013 Dolly rated it it was amazing
Loved it. More twists and turns than a telemetry strip. Philip Sarkis is the type of doctor I like, committed to the best for the patient and doing what is right. I've already recommended it to other nurses I work with.
Violet
Apr 02, 2013 Violet rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Thanks to Goodreads and Peter Kowey for my copy.

Great read, a well written story full of twist and turns that will keep you interested in the story. I would recommend this one to anyone wanting a good murder mystery, a must read.
Karen
May 03, 2013 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
An absorbing thriller. The medical aspects of the story are particularly well done. The book would be better if the author had spent less time on a previous case and instead tied up some of the loose ends in this one.
Heather
May 04, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this book as a First Reads Giveaway, and I quite enjoyed it. Great characters, intriguing plot (with a scientific/medical side), and lots of twists.
Mary Schneider
Mar 27, 2013 Mary Schneider rated it really liked it
Excellent. Great characters and a twisted clever plot.
Ron Barg
Ron Barg rated it liked it
Aug 24, 2015
K.
K. rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2013
Heather
Sep 22, 2013 Heather rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
i recieved this free from good reads first reads. it was ok depends on the person reading it.
Mark
Mark rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
King Piyush
King Piyush rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2013
Vanessa Olvera
Vanessa Olvera rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Alicia
Dec 29, 2013 Alicia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thought I had this book figured out but it had a great twist at the end.
Jennifer OKC
Jennifer OKC rated it liked it
May 25, 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2013
Daryl Moad
Daryl Moad rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2013
Jackie - Bookwasted
Jan 30, 2015 Jackie - Bookwasted rated it liked it
Detailed review coming soon. Received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Alicia
Alicia rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2015
Morgan
Morgan rated it liked it
Oct 15, 2013
Matthew R Holland
Matthew R Holland rated it did not like it
Feb 07, 2015
  • The Jackal's Share (Ben Webster, #2)
  • A Wasting Time
  • The Big Bang
  • Summer Falls
  • The Peaceable Forest: India's Tale of Kindness to Animals
  • Life Is But A Dream
  • Blue White Red: A Novel
  • The Secret of Emotions (Love, Lust and the Longing for God #1)
  • Pale Horses (Jade de Jong, #4)
  • Chained Melodies
  • Dark Lie
  • Driver's Education
  • Watchdogg and the Ghost Army (Forty Days to Armageddon #2)
  • Ghosts Don't Wear Silk Stockings
  • Crimes of Redemption
  • Season of the Wolf
  • The Pot Thief Who Studied Billy the Kid (A Pot Thief Murder Mystery #6)
  • Ghost Circuit

Philip Sarkis Mystery (3 books)
  • Lethal Rhythm