Start by marking “Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)” as Want to Read:
Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits #1.1)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  7,927 ratings  ·  841 reviews
Katie McGarry captivated readers with her “riveting, emotional”* Young Adult debut, Pushing the Limits. In this gripping novella, she tells the story of Lila and Lincoln, who discover that sometimes it’s worth crossing the line for love…

Lila McCormick, Echo's best friend from Pushing the Limits, first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never e
Published April 1st 2013 by Harlequin TEEN

To ask other readers questions about Crossing the Line, please sign up.

Lexi how are you reading the book? paper back or kindel? emailme at diabetescutie@gmail.com please i really want to read this book!!!
Dare You To by Katie McGarryThis is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. SmithJust One Day by Gayle FormanEleanor & Park by Rainbow RowellThe Moon and More by Sarah Dessen
2013 Contemporary YA
24th out of 237 books — 1,459 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
99th out of 1,288 books — 3,628 voters

More lists with this book...

Kristalia
Final rating: /

“Thank you, Lila.”
Words are still hard, but I find the energy to ask, “For what?”
“For helping me find me again.”
“You were always in there. You just weren’t looking in the right place.” I pause. He’s not the only one who rediscovered himself this weekend. “Neither one of us were.”
“True,” he agrees and gathers me closer. “But we figured it out.”

I have to say that i remember very well story about Noah and Echo, but i am ashamed to say that i remember nothing of other characters
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

I just find it so sweet and old fashioned to fall in love over letter writing! Crossing the Line was a swoony short read that had me ooohing and awwing by the end. Love Katie McGarry’s writing!

We know Lila best as Echo’s long-suffering and loyal friend. She’s a peach in Pushing the Limits, and no one could ask for a better girl to have your back! What we didn’t know in Pushing the Limits is that Lila met a boy, Lincoln, at Aires’ funeral and made a lasting connection. Bonded together ov
AJ
This is a great little novella featuring Lila, Echo’s best friend from Pushing the Limits (one of my absolutely FAVOURITE reads last year).

I really liked Lila in PTL, and I loved this opportunity to get to know her a bit better. She seems very immature at times, but that’s part of her charm, and her starting to grow up and be strong is a big part of her story. Lincoln is a gorgeous character, with some major family issues of his own, and his and Lila’s history, and their story together, is abso
Christy
 photo a1b8ce5a-4e6e-4a12-aac0-99cd87e349f9_zps5f5e5a1d.jpg

We met Lila in ‘Pushing the Limits’. She is Echo’s best friend. Lincoln and Lila meet at Echo’s brother’s (Aries) funeral. Although that is the only time they have ‘met’ over the last two years, they have kept in touch through letters. A few letters every week. They know each other in a way no one else does, and they connect with each other on a bigger level.
We became friends through the letters, bonded by a shared dream of a college in another state, and then I fell for her. Could she have a
Ilze
"Is it weird that I feel close to you even though you’re hundreds of miles away and we’ve only met once? I hope not. I’m glad that you’re in my life."

description

I rarely read books which are less than 200 pages, but I thought I have to read this one, because Pushing the Limits was so good. And I am glad I did, I really enjoyed the story! Although Lila did not leave a big impression on me in Pushing the Limits I liked her in this story. It was really easy to connect to both of the charterers from the very f
Angela (:
Katie McGarry can do no wrong.

I really enjoyed Crossing the Line, but not as much as Pushing the Limits, Dare You To, or Crash Into You. First off, it's TOO short. And second, I didn't love Lincoln as much as I loved Noah, Ryan, and Isaiah. Which of course would be because this novella was TOO SHORT. And it was predictable too (not just about the
Irena
Just in case you didn't know, Katie McGarry is one of my favorite authors.
What makes her stands out from other writers, in my opinion, is her ability to put feelings into words in such a poetic way but without over doing it.
While reading her novels I had never had a feeling I was reading something new but her writing style was always so beautiful, it presented the story in a different, better way.

In this novella, I have to admit, I felt the lack of McGarry's usual writing style .
It was still go
Barbara
Well, that was such a sweet story :)
Cora Tea Party Princess
I haven't read the first in this series, but I don't think I've missed out on much with this one. This is a fantastic novella in its own right and can easily be read independently.

I started to care about the characters within the first few paragraphs and really felt for them. That gave this short story quite a punch and made it stand out.

I loved how everything wasn't hunky dory straight away, it made it more real. Real life isn't perfect. I loved how there was conflict, rage, love, revenge... A
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
It's funny how in Pushing the Limits Lila seemed so strong and sure of everything and here we get to see her more vulnerable side.

I think I liked her fierceness more but it was nice to see her get it back, to find who she really is and to go with it.

I absolutely loved Lincoln. He was amazing and in a very short amount of time, was swoon worthy. I am hoping they get their own story somewhere along the way.
Katy
2.5 stars - I love Pushing the Limits and Dare to You, so I was a bit disappointed after reading this novella. It was cute, but I was hoping to read more about Lincoln and Lila falling in love through letters or be more emotionally involved in them finally meeting face to face again.

Instead, I was reading about this ridiculous plot about a grown girl who can't spend a night by herself and the silly drama behind it all, as well as the stupid lie that I could care less about because it came from n
Catarina
This novella was so sweet!!
Lila was one of my favorite characters in Pushing the Limits. She was a fierce friend and supported Echo through everything even if it meant loosing social status or other people.
It was really good to see a story about her and Lincoln is a damn great guy.
Together they're the cutest couple!
But still... the best part was the little glimpse of Echo and Noah! ;)
If you read PtL you're going to love this one.
If you didn't read it... well, what the hell are you waiting
Nadd
Oct 27, 2012 Nadd marked it as to-read
Two teens who became pen pals after tragedy in their lives connected them, spend twenty-four crazy hours together, causing them to completely reassess their plans for the future and their unexpected feelings for each other.

I believe i'll find a new guy here, a new guy to sleep with. A new guy that will pain me to death and makes my heart melts~

description
Melanie
Lila and Lincoln. I ship it! This was a cute and really short read with a small plot line going on besides the romance which was nice.
Laci
I loved it, but then again I think Katie McGarry can do on wrong. You know how people are about KA well that's how I am about KM. I want more!!!! I love the way she writes and her stories are just absolutely wonderful. I can't wait for her next two books that I know are coming out. This was a fantastic short story, great read..2 Thumbs up!
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Nice story but finished rather abruptly at 83% which was quite disappointing.
Lola
I loved Pushing the Limits so when I heard Katie McGarry was writing a short story about Echo's best friend I knew I had to read it. I also knew it would be good, but I never expected to love it this much.

Lila and Lincoln have been writing each other lettters for 2 years now and this book describes what happens when they become more than friends. At first I felt like I was missing a bit of their backgorund, because we didn't got to read about their letters and how they became friends, but soon I
Christine
If you have been following my reviews then you know how big a fan of Katie McGarry I am. She is one of the most talented authors out there and her stories not only suck you in but once you are finished, they stay with you after. I read a lot of books and sometimes when you try to think back about them they tend to blend and converge, this is only natural.

But this is not the case with the books written by McGarry. I can still remember Pushing the Limits and Dare You To as if I read them yesterday
Jen at Reading Lark

It pains me not to give out five stars to Katie McGarry. I love her work so much that I feel like a traitor here... Crossing The Line was an interesting novella, and I think it had a lot of promise. My main issue with it was that it squeezed a lot of story into too short a space, which made some of the decisions of Lila and Lincoln seem far too rushed. In particular this reflected badly on Lila.

The premise of the novella is that Lila and Lincoln met at the funeral of Aires, Echo’s olde
Michelle

We met Lila in Pushing the Limits, remember her - she was the friend that stood by Echo. But what we didn't know is that she spent the last two years writing Lincoln. A boy that she met at Aries' funeral. A boy that lost his brother and alongside Echo's while away at war.

They shared a connection that day. He opened up to her - like he couldn't bring himself to do with anyone else. And they stayed in touch. Lila has been on and off with Stephen, but her heart is with a boy that only knows her th
Makii
“And then I wonder what it would be like if he really was falling for me, because Lincoln in real life is a million times more intense than Lincoln in letters... and I'm seriously falling for him.”

Me decepcionó un poco. Si bien mantiene un poco el estilo que venía de Pushing the Limits, creo que la historia prometía mucho mas de lo que en realidad fue.

Siento que me quedé con ganas de mucho mas! Entiendo que era una historia corta, pero como que realmente no entendí el fin de la misma. Podía hab
Cari
Rating: 3 Stars

My Opinion Of This Book: Thought it was okay.
________________________

Let me start off by saying that I love Katie McGarry's books. I'd have to say that this is my least favorite book by her. But I definitely do recommend this series, just not so much this novella.

THE GOOD.
~The Writing: I love Katie McGarry's writing style. It's so rich and filled with fantastic descriptions. I love how she manages to do the dual perspectives amazingly without any problem. I never get confused on
Angela
This has to be one of the better novellas I've ever read. The story wasn't rushed. It was short, yes and I hope to hear more from them. I wasn't a huge fan of Lila in the beginning of Echo's story. She seemed fake, but my opinion of her changed throughout Echo's book.
BeeH
I love pushing the limits and I wish this was made as long story instead of Short .I can't barely remember who Lila is after waiting for so long for this to come out.I really like the story but it was really short and there are so many questions unanswered.
Iva
Finally, a YA I liked! Whyyyy isn't it longer???
I <3 Katie McGarry books!:)
Trinity
“The entire sky erupted into hundreds of streaks of light. I never felt so alive. I wished that you were here with me or me with you. But I think you were. Call me crazy, but it was a moment, Lila, and I'm glad I shared it with you. Even if it was from a couple hundred miles away. ~Lincoln”

I loved this book! The only thing I can say I dislike the most was that it was so damn short. I craved for more, I loved the storyline between Lila and Lincoln (as I always do in this series) it ended way too
Michelle LasKny
Creo que los libros que son cortos funcionaba mejor en mi cuando el transcurso en el libro también es corto, porque así me creo más la historia.

Lo que puedo decir de Crossing the line es que es bastante tranquila, pero del tranquilo bueno, donde la gran mentira no es una gran mentira, lo es solamente para la insegura a morir de Lila.

Que mujer más exasperante es Lila, me fue sumamente desagradable leer los POV de ella, era un sufrimiento cada vez que lo hacía, era inseguridad tras inseguridad y
Andreea Pop
I LOVED Pushing the Limits! Like really loooved it. It was an emotional rollercoaster and despite a ton of freaking sensations overwhelming me, I devoured every word from that book.

Lila was one of my favorite secondary characters from Pushing the Limits and she earnedmy respect when she didn’t let go of Echo, in spite of loosing some other friendships. She’s strong, caring and adorable. Plus, she’s mature and intelligent.

“If it wasn't for Noah, Echo would need me more... she would still be ins
Holly (Holly's Reading Hollow)
This review and more can be found on my blog: http://hollysreadinghollow.blogspot.c...

Pre-read thoughts: Why does this have to be so short??? I would have enjoyed reading a full book on Lila! She wasn't a huge part of Pushing the Limits and having read the synopsis for Crossing the Line, I think a full book on her would be awesome! Boo.

Post-read thoughts:

Note: Crossing the Line should be read after Pushing the Limits.

This novella shows another side of Lila that we don't really get to see in Push
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 17, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
COVER REVEAL for CROSSING THE LINE by Katie McGarry. This is an ebook novella featuring Lila, Echo’s best friend from PUSHING THE LIMITS. Release date: April 1st!

[image error]

Lila McCormick first met Lincoln Turner when tragedy struck both their lives. But she never expected their surprise encounter would lead to two years of exchanging letters—or that she’d fall for the boy she’s only seen once. Their relationship is a secret, but Lila feels closer to Lincoln than anyone else. Until she find
Lincoln and Logan 1 12 Dec 11, 2014 06:56AM
Weekly Romance: 7/7 (Sunday Quick Read) - Crossing the Line by Katie McGarry 3 8 Jul 12, 2013 11:15AM
  • Four Summers
  • Breathless (Elemental, #2.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
  • Flirting with Maybe
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Things I Can't Forget
  • Hooked (Hooked, #1)
  • Confessions of an Almost-Girlfriend (Confessions, #2)
  • The Liberator (Dante Walker, #2)
  • Die for Her (Revenants, #2.5)
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Neverfall (Everneath, #1.5)
  • Better Than Perfect (Wild Cards, #1)
  • Faster We Burn (Fall and Rise, #2)
  • Secrets and Lies
  • What I Didn't Say
  • Dear Cassie (Pretty Amy, #2)
KATIE MCGARRY was a teenager during the age of grunge and boy bands and remembers those years as the best and worst of her life. She is a lover of music, happy endings, and reality television, and is a secret University of Kentucky basketball fan.

Katie would love to hear from her readers. Contact her via her website, katielmcgarry.com, follow her on Twitter @KatieMcGarry, or become a fan on Facebo
More about Katie McGarry...

Pushing the Limits (4 books)
  • Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)
  • Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4)
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2) Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3) Take Me On (Pushing the Limits, #4) Red at Night

“Is it weird that I feel so close to you even though you're hundreds of miles away and we've only met once? I hope not. I'm glad that you're in my life. ~Lila” 25 likes
“If it wasn't for Noah, Echo would need me more... she would still be insecure, she would still be obsessing over the scars on her arms. She possibly wouldn't have recovered her memory of the night she got them. If it wasn't for him, she wouldn't be moving on with her life. Damn him for being a great guy.” 19 likes