Start by marking “Tyskungen (Patrik Hedström, #5)” as Want to Read:
Tyskungen (Patrik Hedström, #5)

Tyskungen (Fjällbacka #5)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  6,872 ratings  ·  631 reviews
Hur mycket vet vi egentligen om våra föräldrar? Vilka hemligheter i det förflutna kan förklara handlingar i nuet? Dessa frågor tvingas Erica brottas med när hon inser att hennes döda mor under andra världskriget umgicks i samma krets som den äldre man som hittas mördad i sitt hem i Fjällbacka.

Trots att Erica egentligen borde skriva på sitt nya bokmanus kan hon inte låta b
Published April 19th 2007 by Bokförlaget Forum (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Tyskungen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyskungen

Alex
The Hidden Child is easily the strongest entry in Läckberg's canon to date, and this is largely attributable to the fact that in this novel she has a masterful handle on just about all of her characters. Erica is not sidelined for the first time since The Ice Princess, and Mellberg, now that we've accepted that he doesn't do any actual work, is clearly being groomed into a lovably reformed "middle aged" man in his sixties. First you throw him a dog, and the rest will follow.

The crime here is fa
Alex
I'm not really sure why I'm still reading these, but I guess they're predictably enjoyable? I'm always really into the mysteries, and you pretty much know it's going to unfold really slowly.

Still, they are uncomfortably sexist sometimes, even though Lackberg seems to be making an effort to sort of drag that discussion into her story. But, like, Patrik will do things like go on an accidental two-hour errand run, while leaving the baby with Erica even though she's now working and he's on paternity
Filipe Miguel
Tons e ritmos díspares

Depois da agitação desconexa do enredo anterior, Ave de Mau Agoiro (The Gallows Bird), em que a autora arriscou, mas não acertou na totalidade das notas, Camilla Lackberg apostou numa nova mudança e atingiu talvez o pico de entre todas os lançamentos até este volume.

Quinta entrada da saga de Patrik Hedström e Erica Falk

Com o historial e caracterização das personagens perfeitamente enraizados na mente dos leitores, a autora agarrou-se ao cliffhanger do livro anterior e espra
Jeanette
I'm generous giving this a 3. Closer to a 2.5 star because these novels (Lackberg series) are not as much crime or mystery genre anymore as they are continuing character minutia tracts. The read is 40% character trivia that is basically unrelated whimsy and only on a super wide tangent from any fact or semi-involved relationship that has anything to do with the plot or outcome of the "mystery". A run on sentence but that's what is going on more and more with each progressive Lackberg novel. I do ...more
Marsha
If you haven't discovered Swedish crime sensation Camilla Lackberg yet, you are in for a treat. Her first three books, in order are:

The Stonecutter
The Preacher
Gallow's Bird

Had I known, I would have begun with the trilogy in order, but the first book I happened upon was Gallow's Bird, then I found The Ice Princess, her fourth. Both have recurring characters and it doesn't really matter what order you read them in as the crimes/mysteries stand on their own. The crimes are intriguing and original a
Stacia
Caroline
What do entries in a diary, a Nazi Iron Cross medal, and a retired history professor found murdered in his chair by teens who broke into his house have in common? Secrets. A dreadful secret held by a scared young man who escaped into Sweden, fleeing the Germans. Secret payments to a man by the murdered victim. A horrific secret held by a group of young friends in the 1940s. Someone is out to protect those secrets at all costs.

Patrik Hedstrom has to only participate in this murder investigation
Sally Rivers
I've read two books by this author and it's only fair to say that she's not for me. However, I don't want to put you off. I've given it a low rating because I have to, to me it was just 'okay', but I knew as I was reading it that many others would think far more of it.

I like my crime fiction, and in all sorts of shapes and sizes, but there were just too many tangents here, too many distractons, and to be blunt, too much character contemplation of the navel.

Everyone has their own tastes. I am qui
Magil
I was disappointed in this book right from the first chapter when the author had a one year old more advanced than she should have been. On page 80 the author had the medical examiner explain that Erik had been killed by a right handed person standing in front of him who hit him on the right temple. Later in the book, the killer stated that he had dropped the stone bust on the top of Erik’s head.

The reactions of her characters were often in excess of the circumstances. The plot was predictable
Rachel
The Hidden Child is the fifth book in Camilla Läckberg's Fjällbacka crime series. It can stand alone though. Some of the characters have storylines that continue from previous books but I was able to follow along without having read all the other books.

This book had so many characters that it was hard to keep them all straight, especially listening to the audio book. Since the cast was so large, the narrator couldn't come up with a unique voice for each one, which didn't help my confusion. He di
Thebooktrail
The fifth installment in the Camilla series of books and this one is a real favourite of ours due to the history and weaving in of past and present. The best and strongest in the series for the subject matter and the complex yet fascinating story.

A horrible secret from the past slowly comes to light - about a young man who fled the Germans and came to Sweden looking to start over. Turns out the murder victim was making regular payments to someone for some reason.

could it be that he wanted a secr
Cat
What I liked best about this book: the fact that I had absolutely no idea who the perpetrator was. What I liked least: the crimes and the mystery behind them were interesting enough, especially with Second World War background, but I didn't find them that exciting. Or, at least, not as exciting as I was expecting.

It was nice to know about Erica and Anna's mother's past. It was interesting to see the characters evolve emotionally. Erica seemed less annoying in this book; Patrick took over that ro
Maria João Fernandes
"Os Diários Secretos" é o quinto livro da série sueca de sucesso do Patrik Hedström, da autora Camilla Läckberg. A escritora de romances policiais transporta-nos, mais uma vez, à localidade de Fjällbacka e às suas personagens, a quem já nos afeiçoamos: o casal Erika Falk e Patrik Hedstrom e a sua filha Maja; Bertil Mellberg com a sua personalidade peculiar; Gösta Flygare e sua eterna paixão pelo golfe; Annika Jansson e sua paciência infinita, como secretária de Mellberg; Martin Molin e o seu des ...more
Richard
Crime writing is a complicated task that Camilla appears to have mastered with ease. This is the fifth book in this series that is a police procedural at its heart but about life in general. Once again we have a terrific novel, over 500 pages but captivating to the end. Can you keep a secret? The Hidden Child is about a dark secret from childhood that seeps out into a present time where those distant friends now elderly are caught up in a murder when one of their number is brutally killed - can ...more
Ema
I was an avid reader of detective novels in high school, but I haven't tried this genre for quite a while. I decided to leave the classics aside and dive into unknown territories, those of the modern writers of detective fiction. My first try (apart from Stieg Larsson) was the Scandinavian Camilla Läckberg, who turned out to be a big disappointment. Another reason not to fall prey again to a good rating and a promising synopsis.

If you brace yourself and read this book nonetheless, be ready for
João Carlos
A escritora sueca Camilla Lackberg escreve mais um romance policial tendo como protagonistas a escritora Erica Falk e o inspector policial Patrick Hedstrom. Aparentemente nada de novo – continuidade temática na tranquila cidade de Fjallbacka.
No entanto, a escritora Erica Falk após gozar a licença de maternidade, procura respostas para as dúvidas suscitadas pela surpreendente descoberta dos diários da sua mãe, com quem manteve um relacionamento difícil. Um baú cheio de “incertezas” onde se desta
Carol
This was the best of the book that I have read by this author. Explanation of what the main character found in her attic at the end of the previous book, and a bit of an explanation of her relationship with her mother, altho still hard to believe one could let one's past so intrude on one's present. A well paced story.
Vichy
Ο Πάτρικ περνά στο παρασκήνιο καθώς παίρνει άδεια πατρότητας για να μπορέσει η Ερίκα να δουλέψει το βιβλίο της, να ξαναμπεί στον κόσμο των ενηλίκων, όπως λέει, και επί τη ευκαιρία, ανασκαλίζοντας τη σοφίτα του σπιτιού και βρίσκοντας σε ένα σεντούκι ημερολόγια και αντικείμενα της μητέρας της, να ανακαλύψει τα μυστικά του παρελθόντος της, μήπως και εξηγήσει την ψυχρή συμπεριφορά της.
Όταν, λοιπόν, πηγαίνει ένα μετάλλιο, σιδηρούν σταυρό, στον Έρικ Φράνκελ, ειδικό σε θέματα ναζισμού, δε θα καταφέρει
Barbara Kinsky
What a clever way the author has written this book! It kept me guessing right till the end! This book was translated from Swedish to English and it was translated so well, I could not tell the difference. I also am a sucker for reading books that go from the present to the past every alternative chapter! Brilliant thriller and highly recommended!
Siobhan
I’m going to be honest and say that I didn’t realise that this was part of a series. I found it on offer for a pound and decided to give it a read, only to find out later that it is the fifth book in the series. That being said, I did enjoy it, I merely think I would have enjoyed it more had I read the other books before which would allow me to understand the characters better.

Filled with many perspectives we’re able to see the many different aspects of the investigation which take place – both
Jillwilson
Countries like Sweden have to deal with elements of World War 11 that don’t pertain to a place like Australia. The Hidden Child is about a set of secrets protected by people who were teenagers during that period. It’s always interesting to wonder about how you would react in a time of moral crisis – not sure how I would stack up.

Some neo-Nazis exist in this narrative along with a man who tracks down war criminals from that era. Part of the book explores this work. What is the point of tracking d
Susan
What I find so compelling about Läckberg’s Swedish crime novels is how far they go beyond the crimes and investigations themselves. She involves her readers in family stories about her recurring characters. Such family history plays a key role in “The Hidden Child” with chapters alternating between World War II times and the present.

At first I was mildly put off with the World War II flashbacks and subplots, thinking Läckberg had just jumped onto a popular bandwagon. However, I soon found myself
Chrissa Vasileiou
Όταν ξεκίνησα να διαβάζω το 5ο βιβλίο με τις περιπέτειες του Πάτρικ και της Ερίκα,περίμενα απλά ένα ακόμα σούπερ αστυνομικό μυθιστόρημα,που δε θα με άφηνε να το αφήσω από τα χέρια μου πριν φτάσω στην τελευταία σελίδα..Μια ιστορία σαν αυτές που είχα συνηθίσει στα 4 προηγούμενα βιβλία,άρτια δεμένη,δομημένη με τρόπο ζηλευτό,που σε κάνει να αναρωτιέσαι "αυτό τώρα,πώς το σκέφτηκε η ΘΕΑ;;!!!"
Και δεν απογοητεύτηκα.Γι' ακόμα μια φορά δεν μπόρεσα καν να υποψιαστώ ποιός θα μπορούσε να είναι ο ένοχος.Γιατί
Jane
Camilla Läckberg’s last book, The Gallows Bird, the fourth of series of crime novels, set in and around in the small town of Fjällbacka on the Swedish Coast, ended with a cliffhanger. Going through her late mother’s effects, Erica Falk found a Nazi medal, a bloodstained shirt and some old notebooks, diaries from the war years.

That made me exceedingly curious, and I had high hopes for the next book in the series: The Hidden Child.

It begins with Erika going back to work, retiring to her study to r
Cláudia
Não sei bem porque insisto em seguir a CL, mas talvez porque no fundo os livros acabam por ser um bom entertenimento. Longe de serem os melhor policiais de sempre, mas a história tem sempre bastante de interessante embora tudo se passe lentamente e com os costumeiros: "isto faz-me lembrar de algo! ah bolas, já não sei"; "aquele nome era terrivelmente familiar e importante, mas... escapou-se a memória".

No geral os livros são bem escritos, mas estão tão cheios de clichés, frases feitas e lugares c
Carol
Well this book was an improvement over the last few in that the plot was a bit more intricate, altho the ending a little disappointing. At least there was less of the nooning of the two main characters, but now they spend their time complaining about the time it takes to be parents. I guess they never heard of hiring a babysitter, since neither of them seems to like the chore. The story of the mother's ex love is a bit over played, but well within belief to those who have been love sick 15 yearn ...more
Lydia Presley
I don't read a lot of crime books. I was burned out on them years ago, but there are a few authors that make the cut for me and Camilla Lackberg is one of them. I've been following her Fjallbacka series since the first book was released and I'm always excited to see a new release pop up in my notices. THE HIDDEN CHILD did not disappoint. It solidly landed among some of my favorites of Lackberg's books and I was reminded, once again, of just how intensely absorbing this genre of book can be when ...more
Barbara
The story itself was 4 stars but the narration probably 2 stars. The narrator used this annoying old-man-gruff voice for multiple characters which was very very confusing. The mystery starts with the murder of an elderly man. It evolves into a mystery going back to World War II and Nazis. It moves between the past and present which was also confusing in the audio version. Nonetheless, it was a good story, and would make a gripping read, but I cannot recommend the audio version.
Hermioneginny
Due ragazzini trovano un anziano morto da mesi in casa sua. È lo stesso uomo a cui si è rivolta Erica per avere notizie sulla medaglia ritrovata nel baule della madre. Patrick è alle prese con il congedo di paternità e ci sono molte novità in arrivo...

Bello! Direi ancora più avvicente del precedente, un mistero lungo sessanta anni e mi sono piaciute le svolte che hanno preso le vite di tutti.

* Non c'è niente che sia doloroso come il cuore spezzato di un'adolescente.
* Se si possedesse una sfera d
BoekenTrol

It was an amazing book. Original plot, many different story lines and only towards the end the real events that happened so many years ago unfolded.

It was my first Läckberg, and for me it was not noticable that I plunged in the middle of a series with Patrik Heström as inspector. I'm not going to give away much of the contents, I do not want to spoil other people's reading pleasure.

What I want to add to this review is, that I was annoyed by the way that Pa
  • Until Thy Wrath Be Past (Rebecka Martinsson, #4)
  • Silenced (Fredrika Bergman and Alex Recht, #2)
  • En plats i solen (Annika Bengtzon, #8)
  • Blodläge (The Öland Quartet #3)
  • Summer Death
  • The Torso (Inspector Huss #3)
  • The Inner Circle (Anders Knutas, #3)
  • Blind Goddess (Hanne Wilhelmsen #1)
  • Black Skies (Inspector Erlendur, #10)
  • I grunden utan skuld (Sandhamn, #3)
  • Dark Secrets (Sebastian Bergman, #1)
Born in 1974, Camilla Läckberg graduated from Gothenburg University of Economics, before moving to Stockholm where she worked for a few years as an economist. However, a course in creative crime writing became the trigger to a drastic change of career. Her first four novels all became Swedish bestsellers. Läckberg's books are always set in or around her birthplace, the small Swedish west coast tow ...more
More about Camilla Läckberg...

Fjällbacka (9 books)
  • The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1)
  • The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2)
  • Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3)
  • Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4)
  • Sjöjungfrun (Patrik Hedström, #6)
  • Fyrvaktaren (Patrik Hedström, #7)
  • Änglamakerskan (Patrik Hedström, #8)
  • Lejontämjaren
The Ice Princess (Patrik Hedström, #1) The Preacher (Patrik Hedström, #2) Stenhuggaren (Patrik Hedström, #3) Olycksfågeln (Patrik Hedström, #4) Sjöjungfrun (Patrik Hedström, #6)

“Porque quien no ama, tampoco se arriesga a perder.” 1 likes