Start by marking “Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)

Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #1)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  3,931 ratings  ·  473 reviews
For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle. DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it’s just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys—mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction—have the answers Aurora needs to
Published (first published January 5th 2012)

Etnik
____________________________________________
“I launched into a graceful ninja-like front roll, then stood my ground to face the monstrous heathen, fearless in my determination to vanquish the deadly foe.

Nah, just kidding. I bolted, discretion being the better part of not getting dead.”

____________________________________________

What I thought I will get from reading this:

description

-paranormal girl who in insecure because she has lived alone all her life or has a bad family
-instalove in the first pe

A&E
Aug 30, 2014 A&E rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's our book so we're admittedly biased. But hopefully you'll enjoy it too!

Here's the first chapter...

Chapter One

Someone’s car was totaled and it wasn’t my fault.

But who’s going to believe a teenager? “The demon did it” excuse, while more creative than “the dog ate my homework,” was still as unbelievable. And much more likely to get me sent to the psych ward. So when the fang-filled flying hellion barely missed me and dropped like a wrecking ball onto the SUV, exploding shattered bits of glas
Hershey

Three things you will absolutely love in this book:
1) It is completely hilarious
2) It is completely action - packed and
3) It is completely awesome!

The one thing I love about books is that it has the ability to think and make you laugh. This book made me laugh so hard that sometimes I'd keep reading the same joke again and again just to continue my laughter.

Aurora Lahey proved to be an excellent female lead whom I loved very much.
Things you might love about Aurora
1) She's courageous
Clarté

Soooo... I effing loved this book! I'm freaking happy I read it!
Wut.
WHAT?????
You haven't read it?

GO RIGHT NOW AND READ IT!!!
I may throw some s bombs. No, not what you think of, you naughty, spoiler bombs. And unless you want to become a pancake under one of them and then get yourself blown up and shredded into bloody, unidentifiable pieces, you LEAVE RIGHT NOW AND READ DEMONS AT DEADNIGHT!!!

For the rest of you whom I managed not to scare away, you are very welcome to read my rant review on Da
Galla
"Trust me, if I can see you, I can smite you." - Aurora Lahey

Holy crap, this book was fun. Okay: imagine, if you will, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, only they're teenagers, and they aren't vampires, and they don't have 400 pages each worth of angst-driven back story, and they're written with a Goonies-like combination of charm and goofiness--but instead of bikes and baby fat, they have cars and chiseled abs. Those are the Hex Boys, a crew of six demon-hunters who each have a unique supernatural
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
Seriously hilarious! This book was fabulous and suspenseful. I only wish I was lucky enough to have only guy friends in high school because WOW, that would have made things so much more pleasant. Besides, if those boys were the Hex Boys...WIN! I've a sudden urge to molest some hard rock abs. Then again, don't we all?! YUM!

Full Review (Updated 2/7/2012):

Snarky, fast and furious, Demons at Deadnight by A & E Kirk is fast paced and hilarious, providing an epically fantastic read and and seriou
Amelia
This book should have come with a warning sticker

This book is probably one that I had an instant love connection with, and to be honest it was hard not to. A hilarious heroine lead, one of the best plot lines that you can't help but fall into, great side characters who you love to hear from as well, a sizzling hot romance (wink wink) and how could I forget the 6 very hunky hexy boys.

Let's start with one of the best bits: Aurora Lahey. A strong independent, courageous, funny (without having t
Navessa
Before I begin my review I have to confess that at one point while reading this book I was laughing so hard that my fiancé came into the room and told me I sounded like Stewie when he finds something to be so funny that he loses all control over what his normal laughter sounds like.

Let’s start with the main character, Aurora, aka Divinicus Nex. She’s snarky, quirky, funny and can see demons. She knows when to talk shit, when to keep her mouth shut, when to fight and when to run for the frigging
Booknut
“Ironic, is it not, that the great Divinicus Nex cowers in fear from that which should be her fated prey? A decidedly diametric circumstance."

What? It's irritating when the monster hunting you has a better vocabulary than your own. Maybe it could do my eulogy?”

It's bad enough getting chased by demons. But demons with exceptional vocabularies? That just burns.

Aurora's been chased by demons, ever since her near-fatal accident. Why do they chase her? She doesn't know. All she knows is that they're
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Jul 16, 2015 Melissa (Ever So Mela) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Melissa (Ever So Mela) by: Anna (Enchanted by YA)
A comparable description of my wedding. Meet my grooms, the hex boys. See how they enthusiastically stand in line to marry me?

Yes, I know you wish you were me at this moment. Don't worry, it's OK to dream big. :D

On with the review...

Reasons I read this book:

1)Anna: She kept gushing about it. I basically saw it, for a week straight, on my goodreads update.

2) The Cover : Yeah, I know. It's lead me astray sooo many times but I am nothing if not habit bound.

3) The Hex boys : What? I like to have ch
Melissa
The book opens introducing us to the heroine, Aurora. She is described as having long auburn curly hair, blue eyes and impossibly long legs. I admit that last description made me jelly so I was looking forward to hating Aurora. But, no. In the first chapter I see that she is funny, snarky, and a bit goofy. Shoot. I was going to like her. *looks down at short legs* Oh well... ;D

We find that Aurora has a gift... or a curse. She can see demons and they know about her. Why? The purpose? Well, that i
Michelle, the Bookshelf Stalker  Queen of the Undead
Tormenta
Esto es un desahogo-reseña. Por favor, no te tomes tan en serio lo que voy a decir a continuación... ¿O sí?

Sin sentido.

Este libro es eso. Me costó más de doscientas páginas para acostumbrarme a esa prosa extraña. Lo leí en un documento protegido (seh, lo que hace la pobreza) así que no pude copiar algunas de las frases/situaciones que más me molestaron. A parte no tenía ganas. Lo que hace la vagancia también, che.
La verdad es que me di cuenta de que este libro no fue hecho para mí. (JÁ, COMO SI
Chloe Friend
description

^^^ This is honestly what I'm like right now, minus the beard, I can't believe it was that good!!!!

I'm not doing to lie, I wasn't expecting much from this book, I read it more out of boredom than an actual need to read it but boy am I glad I am. I can say with all honesty, hand on heart, that there was not a single part of this book I didn't love with everything that I am!!!!!

Hex Boys, I need you all!!!! Right here, right now!!!!!!! I don't care which one of you, you all hold my heart!!! I neve
Missie
When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Ghost Bustser The Hexy Knights, aka, the Hex Boys, aka, my Superhero Harem! Well, at least, that's who I'm calling! No, seriously, I'm calling right now, and I'm beginning to think they've blocked my number... Can't imagine why, it's only like the 100th time I've called. But that's another story.

Soon after moving back to her childhood hometown, Aurora Lahey not only reunites with some old friends, she also determines to sta
Ash Reads
I'm sorry....but what the hell was up with that ending????????????

damn it

I knew from the first paragraph that I was going to absolutely, beyond anything, Love.This.Book!!. It was so freaking hilarious, and damn! those Hex Boys were something else

This book is definitely on the 'Favorites' list, and I really need, not want, NEED the sequel.
TinaB

Its hard enough being the new kid in school, having crazy unmanageable red hair....and having super hot boys live next door, who may or may not have been your elementary sand box mates and who may or may not make your toes curl and your face turn red....let alone being a magnet for foul smelling soul sucking demons. Needless to say, the chance of Aurora Lahey focusing on homework, meeting new friends and settling down may not be in the cards for her probable future.

Demons at Deadnight was super
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
This was just what i needed!! Im pretty sure i loved everything about this fantastic book! A&E Kirk, you guys are brilliant!

The characters are PERFECT :D I love them!!! I mean, Aurora snarky and sarcastic comments, her perfect humor and her bravery.. Just.. I adore her! The Hex Boys... Well... Im lost. I'll never find a boyfriend now that ive read about them.. Damn.. They were all sexy, dangerous and so fucking funny! Delicious as hell, too! I can't wait for the next one!

PS! Ayden is MINE!!!
Barbara (VampAngel)
PEOPLE, THIS EBOOK IS NOW ONLY 99 CENTS ON THE KINDLE STORE. THERE'S NO EXCUSE NOT TO READ IT ANYMORE. GO, MY FRIENDS, READ IT NOW!!! YES, I'M SHOUTING BUT A BOOK THIS AWESOME FOR ONLY 99 CENTS IS CAUSE ENOUGH, DON'T YOU THINK? JUST BUY IT, COME ON, I KNOW YOU WANT TO. DO IT NOW, I COMMAND YOU!
Julia
I was pretty sure paranormal wasn't my genre before I checked my shelves and found out that, actually, 50% of my favs were paranormal. Ouch.

I was really excited to read Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk, 'cause words like hilarious/funny/witty were in every review and well, I wanted to read something hilarious/funny/witty. So I didn't read an annotation to give myself no hints about this book. And I made the right decision yay, finally!

Aurora Lahey's life had seemed normal (well, except for th
Katy™

You know those time when you can fall back, jump out of reality and into another real world?

This was that kind of book.

But instead we jumped in Aurora's world of demons, kicking butt or in her case, falling on butt and getting back up again.

She had hilarious comebacks and such a realistic persona, she certainly disproved those other reviews who view Aurora as "naive" or a failed attempt at creating and developing a heroine. Can I just say the character development for her, and the Hexy Knights
Lea (YA Book Queen)
Aurora Lahey's problems seem to always begin with a demon. And unfortunately, once she moves back to Gossamer Falls with her family, the local demons start showing an above average interest in killing her. Luckily, Aurora has an upbeat mystery woman willing to battle demons with as little as a feather and a secretive group of guys known as the Hex Boys to look out for her and her fellow Lahey's. But, the closer Aurora becomes to Hex Boys, the more secrets she unveils - and Aurora might be closer ...more
Bookish After Dark
I found out about this book because I happen to stumble upon one of the authors book review blog (Teens Read and Write). Alyssa had posted her Book Boyfriend and "Team Buttons" for the Hex boys in addition to the first round of reviews for Demons at Deadnight. I read the first round of reviews that were linked up on the that post and I checked out the "Team Buttons" and I decided that I NEEDED to download this book onto my Barnes and Noble Tablet.

I really enjoyed our main character Aurora very m
Anna (Enchanted by YA)
***I received the eBook free as a review copy from the author in exchange for an honest review***

I’m going to have to be careful writing this review to make sure it doesn’t simply end up with me ranting on about how much I love The Hex Boys, so I’ll start with my other thoughts before I move onto my new boyfriends. For example, when I went in to this book I confess I was anxious by the fact it was written by two people; admittedly after talking to them I knew they were a really nice mother and d
Natalie
Click here to read this review on my blog.

In a Sentence: Demons at Deadnight was an entertaining debut with a few glitches, but well-worth the read!

My Thoughts

The first line of Demons at Deadnight immediately drew me into the story. Good thing, too, because Aurora Lahey and I almost instantly hit it off. She's fun, brave, innovative, and has a sense of humor that kept me laughing off and on throughout the book. Aurora is a very entertaining protagonist, and I loved reading the story from her p
Angelc
The best part about "Demons at Deadnight" is definitely all of the awesome characters and their funny, witty dialogue. Aurora is a great lead, and all of the Hex Boys are well thought out, well rounded characters, too.

The action was very fast paced, there is never a dull moment in this book. It really reminded me of the adult paranormal romances and urban fantasy books that I have read as opposed to other YA in the genre. There is so much action and the authors don't shy away from violence, gory
Ashley - The Bookish Brunette
Seriously- Aurora was FREAKING HILARIOUS! I’m mean, that I am laughing OUT LOUD from page TWO… on. And um just a little minor, mini piece of AWESOME- she isn’t a dog person. Shhhhyea! Sorry EVERYONE. I find this super fab, because SOME of us just aren’t!!! Okay, moving on…Aurora is snarky, sarcastic, mouthy and all round SUPER freaking awesome! LOVED her! And ladies… oooh ladies… everything you’ve heard thus far about the Hex Boys? All the hype about how AMAZINGLY sexy they are… how drool-worthy ...more
Danielle B!
May 03, 2012 Danielle B! rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Danielle B! by: I saw a review for this book on the blog The Unread Reader (Missie's Blog)
This book was AWESOME! I so can't wait for the second book in this series. The whole story is about a girl named Aurora Lahey who moves to her old hometown because of an incident (which we don't know at the beginning of the book). Aurora isn't just your average 17 year old girl, she sees demons, demons that for some reason are after her and want to barbeque her on a spit. She soon gets help from the mysterious (and freakin' hawt) demon hunting Hex boys who have some of their own very important s ...more
Ails
Fun fun fun fun fun fun!!!

This book is so freaking hilarious!!! By far the most hilarious fantasy/paranormal novel I've ever read! I stayed up so late just to finish reading this one! (I'm not kidding, it's 7 in the morning right now!) AND I AM SO DAMN SLEEPYYYY but it's alright 'cause I'm going to sleep with a HUGE smile on my face~

^_________________________^

•••

Just a quick & short Q&A for y'all! :

Good story?
CHECK

Swoon worthy?
*squeals* CHECK CHECK CHECK!

Hilarious?
UNDENIABLY. CHECK!!!

G
Muse-ic
the book eaters: This topic has been closed to new comments. Demons At Deadnight May BOTM 1 7 Jun 05, 2015 06:17PM
Am I the only person in love with this book? 31 85 May 26, 2015 09:39AM
MORE BOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!! 7 128 Oct 20, 2014 12:16AM
True book lovers!...: Your Favourite Hex Boy? 1 24 Aug 09, 2014 04:43AM
Need more books like this.Any suggestions? 8 169 May 25, 2014 08:08PM
humorous ya fantasy 3 58 Apr 16, 2013 02:50PM
Who's Your Author?: Demons at Deadnight YA Kindle ebook Giveaway! 1 26 Jan 16, 2012 04:33AM
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Volcrian's Hunt (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3)
  • Scala (Angelbound Origins #2)
  • Hereditary (Beatrice Harrow #1)
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
  • Call to Arms (War of the Fae, #2)
  • Equal Parts (Supernova, #1)
  • Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)
  • Redemption (Redemption, #1)
  • Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
  • Waiting for Mercy (Cambion, #2)
We're Alyssa and Eileen, the Best Selling Mother/Daughter writing duo of YA Paranormal Romantic Thrillers, and authors of the Amazon Best Selling series, THE DIVINICUS NEX CHRONICLES. Book 1, DEMONS AT DEADNIGHT and book 2, DROP DEAD DEMONS have topped the Amazon charts with DROP DEAD DEMONS debuting as a #1 BEST SELLER!

We write about dangerous demons, hot Hex Boys, and one clever girl who must s
More about A&E Kirk...

Divinicus Nex Chronicles (2 books)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2)
Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #2) Interview with a Hex Boy: Supernatural Fun When Book Bloggers and Fantasy Demon Hunters Collide (The Divinicus Nex Chronicles)

115 likes
“Ayden and Blake stared each other down.
"Oh. My. God," Luna blurted from Ayden's back seat. "It's a love triangle."
We all looked at her like she'd sprouted an alien from her head. "it's just like in a book. Two guys after one girl and-"
I groaned. "That's ridiculous, Luna, this is not a love triangle."
"Says the girl in the middle of a love triangle. Luna ignored my protests and prattled on. "Not one Hexy Boy but two. I've got to call Danica. Oooo," she squealed and clapped her hands,"We could have teams. Team Ayden and Team Blake. With T-shirt and buttons and-"
"I could make a website," Lucian offered.
"No!" My voice pitched with panic. "No teams. No shirts. No-"
"I'll get you some headshots," Blake said, turning his profile towards Luna and Lucian. "I've been told the left is my best side. What do you think?"
"Aurora's right," Ayden said. "This is buts. Blake you can follow us-"
"Dude, you know no one would pick Team Ayden. You're just jealous."
"That's not true. My team would be way bigger than yours."
"Dare to dream, little man, dare to dream."
"Care to make a wager on it?"
"Absolutely."
"Fine. How about-"
"You two shut up!" I shoved myself out of the car.”
80 likes