Start by marking “Nightwing/Huntress” as Want to Read:
Nightwing/Huntress

Nightwing/Huntress (Nightwing I)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  224 ratings  ·  14 reviews
After her mob-boss father was murdered, Helena Bertinelli grew up to become the crossbow-wielding vigilante known as the Huntress. Using both deadly and drastic measures that Batman does not approve of, the former mafia princess tries to patrol the streets of Gotham City without crossing paths with the Darknight Detective. But after an undercover cop is allegedly murdered ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Nightwing/Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightwing/Huntress

Jen
The idea of Nightwing and Huntress is appealing if only for the sort of "forbidden love" thing they have going on, knowing how Batman is so against Huntress' methods, and Oracle's supposed antagonism/nonchalance towards said relationship. There is certainly some sexual tension happening, but in spite of this there is the lack of trust that hovers over them both.

The Noir-esque whodunnit story, isn't just a throwaway plot device to throw two very pretty and very headstrong characters together in p
Wayland Smith
I thought this was a bit unevenly written. The bad guys weren't really compelling, and the overall plot left a bit to be desired.

BUT.

The Nightwing/Huntress scenes were really well done. These are two characters that interact really interestingly.

Recommended if you favor characterization over story, and to fans of Nightwing and/or Huntress.
Kati
Art by Bill Sienkiewicz & Greg Land: Simply beautiful. Really top notch stuff. That's what a comic book should look like. I was smitten.

Story by Devin Grayson: The parts about the bad guys didn't interest me all that much, but the rest made up for it. I loved the banter between Nightwing and Huntress and then later on between Nightwing and Oracle. The part with Dick in Helena's apartment was hilarious. And the one dream scene with Batman made me laugh out loud. I loved the balance between th
Sophie
This was a quick fun read. I liked it for two reasons, mostly. Okay, maybe three. One: it reminded me how much I love Dick. Here, he's a lot less, um, not-Dick than in current batcanon, he's fun and adorable and cute and great at impressions.
Two: Huntress is pretty cool here, and overall I like her interaction with Dick.
Three: My favourite part though was the fact that both Huntress and Oracle were like, "Yes, Huntress reminds you of Batman. She is just like him. And THAT'S why you want to slee
Failfoxaway2
The more I read about Nightwing the more I dislike him. Dick is well, a dick to be honest.
Angel
This was a nice quick read. It's a mobster crime story. Nightwing and Huntress have to prove who is the guilty party, but there is also the attraction between them. Very nice art on the series. Overall, if you like comics, you will probably like this.
Nicolas
This was pretty dull. Way too much focus on the bad guys, confusing plot and the characterizations of Nightwing & Huntress were all off. I'd skip it if I were you.
El Neo
Sep 28, 2011 El Neo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
this really is a great series! Devin Grayson was really great at characterization.
Jason
Engaging plot, loved the dynamic between Nightwing and Huntress...
Ola
A detective story in which Huntress is have some cool one-liners
Kace
Probably more of a 3.5, to be honest.
Luke
Jul 30, 2011 Luke added it
Not too bad a story.
Angie
I AM NOT OKAY.
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Women-Of-Justice
Women-Of-Justice marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2015
Dreamingintherain
Dreamingintherain marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Christopher
Christopher marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
  • Batgirl, Volume 3: The Lesson
  • Nightwing: The Lost Year
  • Green Arrow/Black Canary, Volume 1: The Wedding Album
  • Huntress: Year One
Devin Kalile Grayson (birth name Jennifer Eisenman) is an American writer of comic books and novels. Titles that she has written include Gotham Knights, The Titans, the Vertigo series USER, and Nightwing. Her work on Gotham Knights made her the first, and as of 2010 the only, woman to serve as the regular writer for a Batman title.
More about Devin Grayson...

Nightwing I (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Nightwing, Vol. 1: A Knight in Blüdhaven
  • Nightwing, Vol. 2: Rough Justice
  • Nightwing, Vol. 3: Love and Bullets
  • Nightwing, Vol. 4: A Darker Shade of Justice
  • Nightwing, Vol. 5: The Hunt for Oracle
  • Nightwing, Vol. 6: Big Guns
  • Nightwing, Vol. 7: On the Razor's Edge
  • Nightwing: Year One (Batman)
  • Nightwing: Mobbed Up
  • Nightwing: Renegade
Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 1 Year One: Batman/Ra's al Ghul Nightwing: Renegade DC Universe: Inheritance Black Widow