Start by marking “Nightwing/Huntress (Nightwing Vol. II, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Nightwing/Huntress (Nightwing Vol. II, #2.5)

Nightwing/Huntress (Nightwing, Volume II #2.5)

After her mob-boss father was murdered, Helena Bertinelli grew up to become the crossbow-wielding vigilante known as the Huntress. Using both deadly and drastic measures that Batman does not approve of, the former mafia princess tries to patrol the streets of Gotham City without crossing paths with the Darknight Detective. But after an undercover cop is allegedly murdered ...more
Published January 1st 2004 by DC Comics

To ask other readers questions about Nightwing/Huntress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nightwing/Huntress

Jen
Oct 16, 2008 Jen rated it really liked it
The idea of Nightwing and Huntress is appealing if only for the sort of "forbidden love" thing they have going on, knowing how Batman is so against Huntress' methods, and Oracle's supposed antagonism/nonchalance towards said relationship. There is certainly some sexual tension happening, but in spite of this there is the lack of trust that hovers over them both.

The Noir-esque whodunnit story, isn't just a throwaway plot device to throw two very pretty and very headstrong characters together in p
Lexxi Kitty
I read this more for the Huntress angle than the Nightwing one. This is my third graphic novel with Huntress listed in the title credits, and my eighth with Huntress as a lead character (the other four being Worlds' Finest volumes 1-5). Then there are two additional graphic novels wherein Huntress cameos. Nightwing, on the other hand, has only been in four prior graphic novels I've read as a lead character (plus two more wherein he cameoed).

Nightwing, though, has always been Dick Grayson in thes
Kathleen
Jan 06, 2016 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-and-want
This review can also be found on my blog.

I’ve been on a Huntress kick lately. And even more lately, on a Nightwing kick. I then found this comic and thought, “Well, what could be better???” XD

A prostitute is found dead in a hotel room in mobster Frankie Black’s name, and Huntress is on the case. Problem is, Nightwing was at the warehouse Black was at at the time of the murder – watching him run a gun deal. Someone’s framed him, and the heroes need to figure out how to work together to figure out
Jayson
(B) 75% | More than Satisfactory
Notes: Its romance gimmick makes for fun dialogue, but the story’s murder mystery is about as riveting as elevator Muzak.
Kati
Jul 06, 2010 Kati rated it really liked it
Art by Bill Sienkiewicz & Greg Land: Simply beautiful. Really top notch stuff. That's what a comic book should look like. I was smitten.

Story by Devin Grayson: The parts about the bad guys didn't interest me all that much, but the rest made up for it. I loved the banter between Nightwing and Huntress and then later on between Nightwing and Oracle. The part with Dick in Helena's apartment was hilarious. And the one dream scene with Batman made me laugh out loud. I loved the balance between th
seda
Sep 06, 2016 seda rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics, 2016
A classic mobster crime story with a side romance between Nightwing and Huntress. It might sound appealing to some but the content is not living up the expectations.
Sophie
Feb 11, 2010 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
This was a quick fun read. I liked it for two reasons, mostly. Okay, maybe three. One: it reminded me how much I love Dick. Here, he's a lot less, um, not-Dick than in current batcanon, he's fun and adorable and cute and great at impressions.
Two: Huntress is pretty cool here, and overall I like her interaction with Dick.
Three: My favourite part though was the fact that both Huntress and Oracle were like, "Yes, Huntress reminds you of Batman. She is just like him. And THAT'S why you want to slee
Sean
Aug 31, 2016 Sean rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Bat-fans
Devin Grayson pens a tale about family and loneliness that is set in Gotham revolving around Nightwing, Huntress, the GCPD, and the mafia. While many of the elements were basic and she doesn't let the mystery develop its still a good old school Gotham story. The dialogue was heavy handed at times and I thought Dick was well, a dick at times but I enjoyed the team-up. Greg Land's early work is good but the inks were too heavy at times. Overall a decent book from an interesting time in Gotham.
Seth
May 17, 2015 Seth rated it really liked it
This was a really fun story. A nice fast paced murder mystery set-up detective story involving Nightwing and The Huntress in a team-up capacity. The first two chapters became kind of annoying because of the way Devin Greyson portrayed The Huntress as a cold and jealous amateur who is more interested in taking potshots at Nightwing and Batman's working relationship than being the confident no nonsense badass that we all know she is. Eventually she stops acting like a child and starts kicking ass. ...more
Wayland Smith
Feb 28, 2015 Wayland Smith rated it liked it
I thought this was a bit unevenly written. The bad guys weren't really compelling, and the overall plot left a bit to be desired.

BUT.

The Nightwing/Huntress scenes were really well done. These are two characters that interact really interestingly.

Recommended if you favor characterization over story, and to fans of Nightwing and/or Huntress.
Angel
Mar 28, 2010 Angel rated it liked it
This was a nice quick read. It's a mobster crime story. Nightwing and Huntress have to prove who is the guilty party, but there is also the attraction between them. Very nice art on the series. Overall, if you like comics, you will probably like this.
Elise
Jun 02, 2012 Elise rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, dc
I enjoyed this series! It was an interesting look at the dynamics of the Batfamily, and Devin Grayson's small-scale character interactions are pretty great. The story wasn't as crisply plotted as it could have been, but I did like the slow way that the crime unfolded.
Ola
Jan 19, 2013 Ola rated it liked it
A detective story in which Huntress is have some cool one-liners
El Neo
Sep 28, 2011 El Neo rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
this really is a great series! Devin Grayson was really great at characterization.
Nicolas
Jul 25, 2011 Nicolas rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
This was pretty dull. Way too much focus on the bad guys, confusing plot and the characterizations of Nightwing & Huntress were all off. I'd skip it if I were you.
MadMaxx
May 27, 2015 MadMaxx rated it it was amazing
Two of my favorite characters get their own four issue story. I don't have my originals but it was such a cool story that i will have to find it again somewhere.
Craig Pena
Sep 22, 2014 Craig Pena rated it it was amazing
it was good
Ashley
Apr 29, 2014 Ashley rated it it was ok
Shelves: dc
The more I read about Nightwing the more I dislike him. Dick is well, a dick to be honest.
Kace
Aug 09, 2012 Kace rated it liked it
Probably more of a 3.5, to be honest.
Two Nerds Talking
Not too bad a story.
خليل حسن
خليل حسن rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2015
John Richardson
John Richardson rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2017
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2008
Cole
Cole rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Gustavo
Gustavo rated it really liked it
Dec 25, 2013
Kevin  Cook
Kevin Cook rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Katy
Katy rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2015
Klehmenteen
Klehmenteen rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2010
Kevin Findley
Kevin Findley rated it really liked it
Apr 15, 2016
  • Nightwing: Love and Bullets (Nightwing Vol. II, #3)
  • Nightwing: Freefall (Nightwing Vol. II, #14)
  • Batgirl, Vol. 2: A Knight Alone
  • Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood
  • Birds of Prey, Vol. 7: Perfect Pitch
  • Nightwing: Ties That Bind (Nightwing Vol. II, #0)
  • Batgirl, Vol. 5: Kicking Assassins
  • Huntress: Year One
  • Birds of Prey: Batgirl/Catwoman
  • Batgirl, Volume 3: The Lesson
  • Nightwing: The Lost Year (Nightwing Vol. II, #13)
Devin Kalile Grayson (birth name Jennifer Eisenman) is an American writer of comic books and novels. Titles that she has written include Gotham Knights, The Titans, the Vertigo series USER, and Nightwing. Her work on Gotham Knights made her the first, and as of 2010 the only, woman to serve as the regular writer for a Batman title.
More about Devin Grayson...

Nightwing, Volume II (1 - 10 of 19 books)
  • Nightwing: A Knight in Blüdhaven (Nightwing Vol. II, #1)
  • Nightwing: Rough Justice (Nightwing Vol. II, #2)
  • Nightwing: Love and Bullets (Nightwing Vol. II, #3)
  • Nightwing: A Darker Shade of Justice (Nightwing Vol. II, #4)
  • Nightwing: The Hunt for Oracle (Nightwing Vol. II, #5)
  • Nightwing: Big Guns (Nightwing Vol. II, #6)
  • Nightwing: On the Razor's Edge (Nightwing Vol. II, #7)
  • Nightwing: Year One (Nightwing Vol. II, #8)
  • Nightwing: Mobbed Up (Nightwing Vol. II, #9)
  • Nightwing: Renegade (Nightwing Vol. II, #10)