Nightwing/Huntress

Nightwing/Huntress (Nightwing I)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  160 ratings  ·  11 reviews
After her mob-boss father was murdered, Helena Bertinelli grew up to become the crossbow-wielding vigilante known as the Huntress. Using both deadly and drastic measures that Batman does not approve of, the former mafia princess tries to patrol the streets of Gotham City without crossing paths with the Darknight Detective. But after an undercover cop is allegedly murdered...more
Published January 1st 2004 by DC Comics

Jen
The idea of Nightwing and Huntress is appealing if only for the sort of "forbidden love" thing they have going on, knowing how Batman is so against Huntress' methods, and Oracle's supposed antagonism/nonchalance towards said relationship. There is certainly some sexual tension happening, but in spite of this there is the lack of trust that hovers over them both.

The Noir-esque whodunnit story, isn't just a throwaway plot device to throw two very pretty and very headstrong characters together in p...more
Kati
Art by Bill Sienkiewicz & Greg Land: Simply beautiful. Really top notch stuff. That's what a comic book should look like. I was smitten.

Story by Devin Grayson: The parts about the bad guys didn't interest me all that much, but the rest made up for it. I loved the banter between Nightwing and Huntress and then later on between Nightwing and Oracle. The part with Dick in Helena's apartment was hilarious. And the one dream scene with Batman made me laugh out loud. I loved the balance between th...more
Sophie
This was a quick fun read. I liked it for two reasons, mostly. Okay, maybe three. One: it reminded me how much I love Dick. Here, he's a lot less, um, not-Dick than in current batcanon, he's fun and adorable and cute and great at impressions.
Two: Huntress is pretty cool here, and overall I like her interaction with Dick.
Three: My favourite part though was the fact that both Huntress and Oracle were like, "Yes, Huntress reminds you of Batman. She is just like him. And THAT'S why you want to slee...more
Failfoxaway2
The more I read about Nightwing the more I dislike him. Dick is well, a dick to be honest.
Angel
This was a nice quick read. It's a mobster crime story. Nightwing and Huntress have to prove who is the guilty party, but there is also the attraction between them. Very nice art on the series. Overall, if you like comics, you will probably like this.
Nicolas
This was pretty dull. Way too much focus on the bad guys, confusing plot and the characterizations of Nightwing & Huntress were all off. I'd skip it if I were you.
El Neo
Sep 28, 2011 El Neo rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
this really is a great series! Devin Grayson was really great at characterization.
Jason
Engaging plot, loved the dynamic between Nightwing and Huntress...
Ola
A detective story in which Huntress is have some cool one-liners
Kace
Probably more of a 3.5, to be honest.
Luke
Jul 30, 2011 Luke added it
Not too bad a story.
Angie
I AM NOT OKAY.
Brian Jaybush
Brian Jaybush marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
daniela
daniela marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Dohnavin Rosado
Dohnavin Rosado marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Donovan Douglas
Donovan Douglas marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Cerise
Cerise marked it as to-read
May 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Devin Kalile Grayson (birth name Jennifer Eisenman) is an American writer of comic books and novels. Titles that she has written include Gotham Knights, The Titans, the Vertigo series USER, and Nightwing. Her work on Gotham Knights made her the first, and as of 2010 the only, woman to serve as the regular writer for a Batman title.
More about Devin Grayson...
Batman: Bruce Wayne, Fugitive, Vol. 1 Year One: Batman/Ra's al Ghul DC Universe: Inheritance Nightwing: Renegade Nightwing: Mobbed Up