Start by marking “Finding Jill: How I Rebuilt My Life After Losing the Five People I Loved Most” as Want to Read:
Finding Jill: How I Rebuilt My Life After Losing the Five People I Loved Most

Finding Jill: How I Rebuilt My Life After Losing the Five People I Loved Most

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  15 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
From Amazon:
"A woman who loses her husband, her two young sons, her mother, and a niece in a car accident in Italy that she barely survives comes to grips with life after unbearable grief and loss."
Published August 27th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Finding Jill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Jill

Suzanne
In March of 2002, while in Italy on a year-long business stay with her husband and two young boys, Jill Kraft lost 5 members of her family in a tragic automobile accident. The accident not only stole the most beloved people from her life, but left her severely injured and without the will to live.

To lose one’s whole family in one ill-fated swoop is unfathomable to most people, but to also be one of the sole-survivors makes it even less comprehensible.

It was insightful, and at times difficult to
Rae Ann Norell
Jun 22, 2014 Rae Ann Norell rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-ve-read
My son died suddenly at age 24, ten years ago, and I began a journey no parent wants to take. I had heard of this author's tragedy (Jill's family) before she wrote the book, and wondered hows someone could take the pain of losing a child, and multiply it times 5. The book was a page turner. A bravely written story, and one that I'm sure was difficult to relive in the telling of it. I admire the way Jill shared the torment she went through, sinking to the bottom and wanting to be with her family. ...more
Jodi
Dec 15, 2014 Jodi rated it really liked it
Sheri
Jul 23, 2016 Sheri rated it really liked it
This was an easy quick read. No spoilers here, but I can't even imagine losing the 5 most loved people in your life at one time. Especially can't imagine losing your entire immediate family in one accident. Then you top that off with being in a foreign country well it can't get much tougher. At least Jill had a good support system through Bart's (her husband) employer.

It was interesting to read about her grief recovery as it would have to be so different losing so many people at one time. So ve
Alex Tully
Aug 24, 2014 Alex Tully rated it it was amazing
This may be a book that people will shy away from because the story is so incredibly heart-breaking, but I really encourage people to read it. I was overwhelmed by Jill's honesty--I'm not quite sure how to put it into words really. I know I will never forget this book.
Daniel Sullivan
Daniel Sullivan rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2012
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2014
Jo Megill
Jo Megill rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Nicole rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2014
Brynna
Oct 04, 2012 Brynna marked it as to-read
This is a friend of my mom.
Christine
Christine rated it really liked it
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
Dec 01, 2015
Sandra Heinzman
Sandra Heinzman rated it did not like it
Oct 09, 2014
Jill
Jill rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2015
Joyce
Joyce rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2015
Christopher Green
Christopher Green rated it really liked it
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Lindsey Mccabe
Lindsey Mccabe marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Claudette Pace
Claudette Pace marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Noël Morgan
Noël Morgan is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2015