Start by marking “You Are Loved . . . an email memoir” as Want to Read:
You Are Loved . . . an email memoir

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

You Are Loved . . . an email memoir

If the choice to live an authentic life came with a steep price, would you pay it?

When lifelong friends Mark and Lisa reconnect after many years, they are both seeking something more in their ordinary lives. Cynical about marriage, yet devoted to his young daughter, Mark is seeking life purpose and direction, while single mom Lisa is embarking on a new career and looking
Published October 1st 2012 by JuJu House Publishing

To ask other readers questions about You Are Loved . . . an email memoir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Are Loved . . . an email memoir

MsKathy
Nov 27, 2012 MsKathy rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. Told strictly via email exchanged between the two authors, without comment or explanation, this is a beautifully engaging love story.

My only quibble was that I wanted more follow-up once these two were in the same city to give us some hope to balance the large chunks of the book that were so heart-squeezingly sad.

I cried buckets at the end, for the difficult choices and decisions they made in order to be true to themselves. It was clear throughout that these two held such
Rhsinger
Nov 01, 2012 Rhsinger rated it it was amazing
This book captures you, and holds you, as you follow their interaction over 10yrs. of emails. Having known each other for 30yrs., each expressing their private thoughts, commenting on each others, and being brought together at last, by the internet, to share them.

Rarely would we find two people who speak, and think, so similarly, including their wide vocabulary range, eloquent writing styles, and topics of interest. After awhile, we get the feeling that they share a single mind, somehow divided
NayNay
Nov 24, 2015 NayNay rated it really liked it
I was really surprised with this book, I enjoyed everything about it. I liked Lisa and Mark and I found the friendship they developed very endearing, and reading how they grow to love each other....wonderful. I liked how they talked about books, movies and music and everything in general. I would like to know where they are in life today.
Isabella
Jul 17, 2013 Isabella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book I plan to read again and again. Besides the story of a life-long friendship, there were little gems of wisdom throughout the book. I also felt like certain parts were describing my life and gave me a different perspective on a major life-change. I highly recommend this book.
Angie
Nov 27, 2012 Angie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two totally awesome minds at work here ! I loved the play on words , the references to books , movies and music , but most of all I admire their friendship , understanding and love for each other . Good read ...I would love to know where these two are at in life today .
Jane
Oct 26, 2013 Jane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction, owned
This is one of those few-and-far-between readings that left a mark on my soul. Many life teachings about finding one's true self, letting go, and discovering a pure love, are between these pages.
Denise Hoth
Oct 05, 2012 Denise Hoth rated it it was amazing
Great book! Very easy to follow, and the kind of story that everyone can relate to in one way or another. Definitely worth reading!
Peg
Jan 08, 2013 Peg rated it liked it
As the title indicates, this memoir is a 10 year collection of emails between two people, demonstrating their personal lives, conflicts, relationships and searches for meaning in this world. The format is interesting, since it is just a series of emails, with no commentary or explanation to provide additional context. In a way the format works, but at points it gets bogged down. When the book ends, it is left to the reader to provide closure, since, it just basically stops.
Stacey
Stacey rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2016
Cynthia Hoffman
Cynthia Hoffman rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2012
Doris Thompson
Doris Thompson rated it really liked it
May 20, 2014
Connor Bruckman
Connor Bruckman rated it it was ok
Aug 10, 2016
Christina Marino
Christina Marino rated it did not like it
Apr 15, 2014
Kaotickitten Box
Kaotickitten Box rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2013
Des Nikas
Des Nikas rated it it was ok
Nov 08, 2016
Sonja
Sonja rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
Sheryl
Sheryl rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2013
Laurie Mac
Laurie Mac rated it it was amazing
Kay
Apr 07, 2015 Kay rated it liked it
Everything to vague at the end. Disappointed in this.
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was ok
Dec 02, 2012
Beth
Beth rated it it was ok
Jan 09, 2013
Alison
Feb 25, 2016 Alison marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
kindle 386 (memoir)
Lisa Lucca
Oct 08, 2012 Lisa Lucca added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Tamara
Tamara added it
Dec 16, 2014
Meghan
Meghan marked it as to-read
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Hannah Chase
Hannah Chase marked it as to-read
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Laura Duval
Laura Duval marked it as to-read
Eileen Johnson
Eileen Johnson marked it as to-read
Laurie Bok
Laurie Bok marked it as to-read
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Hafsa
Hafsa marked it as to-read
Shelley Lee
Shelley Lee marked it as to-read
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Alicia
Alicia marked it as to-read
Pat Parkhurst
Pat Parkhurst marked it as to-read
Dot Snyder
Dot Snyder marked it as to-read
John Snyder
John Snyder marked it as to-read
Le
Le marked it as to-read
Fivel Lovejoy
Fivel Lovejoy marked it as to-read
Louie
Louie marked it as to-read
Book Promotions: You Are Loved - 2 Free Days 1 5 Dec 19, 2013 08:15PM
FREE Kindle eBook...: You Are Loved . . . FREE Dec 19-21!! 1 2 Dec 16, 2013 08:58AM
  • Cat's Paw
  • Graves' End
  • You Have Chosen to Remember: A Journey from Perception to Knowledge, Peace of Mind and Joy
  • Olive Branches Don't Grow On Trees
  • Catnip (The Dunbarton Mysteries Series, #1)
  • Gold and Fishes
  • Finding Mother (The Guernsey Novels, #2)
  • Dark Application: ONE
  • Feenlicht und Krötenzauber (Sumpfloch-Saga #1)
  • An Owl's Whisper
  • Danger in Cat World
  • The Valley of Heaven and Hell - Cycling in the Shadow of Marie-Antoinette
  • The Instant Genius
  • The Wishing Hour
  • Strawgirl (Bo Bradley, #2)
  • The Storm Bottle
  • claire-obscure
  • Locked Up in La Mesa

“I'd rather be single, happy, and lonely sometimes than married, lonely, and happy sometimes.” 12 likes
“There is a place for what my heart tells me about you, and there is no shame or guilt in it. God Himself is free to look in my heart right this instant and I know He would not shame or admonish me about what He would see there because the pure, ego-less truth of how I hold you in my heart deserves to be kept alive.” 6 likes