Two Turtledoves (The House of Renwick)

Two Turtledoves (House of Renwick Spinoff)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  149 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Baldwyn Sinclair, the Duke of Paisley, returns to London in the dead of winter at the request of his overbearing grandmother to find she has made a betrothal contract on his behalf... without his knowledge. Now he is to be married to none other than the girl who used to throw mud at him in order to gain his attention.

He is not happy about the prospect, but he is nothing if...more
Published October 25th 2012 by Smashwords Edition

Alanna Mooney
I’ve recently read the fourth House Of Renwick novel by Rachel van Dyken, The Devil Duke Takes A Bride. I’ve loved every book in the series and I love the work that Rachel van Dyken does; so when I heard that her sometimes writing partner Leah Sanders had written a House Of Renwick novel herself, I was eager to see what it would be like.

The Devil Duke Takes A Bride followed the story of Benedict, Duke of Banbury, as his aunt forced a betrothal between him and a face from his past. Two Turtledove...more
Kathy
3.5

I liked this one, it had a fun premise and likable characters. I also enjoyed the winter setting. I thought Anastasia and Baldwyn had nice chemistry, I do wish their relationship had a bit more depth though. By the end it still felt like there was more focus on physical attraction and not on their personalities or deeper characteristics. Overall, I thought it was a fun read and a good addition to the series. Oh, and I love the covers!

Content: Clean.

The House of Renwick Series
The Ugly Duckling...more
Donna
I am a huge fan of Leah Sanders's books and this one did not disappoint. My favorite line was where she wanted to tear Katherine's hair out by handfuls and another scene where she wanted to scratch out her eyes. I enjoyed that Anastasia who had been in love with Baldwyn since she was a child was open about wanting the fairy tale. I thought it was funny that the servants were afraid of the dowager and that her dad was trying to get Anastasia and Baldwyn alone together. She and her dad had a great...more
Jennette
Surprise! You are engaged! I am accustomed to female characters finding themselves in this situation but not male characters. And for the man to be hold the rank of Duke? Oh sure, there are plenty of stories out there with a reluctant groom or a trapped groom but this groom is different. I think that difference is why I enjoyed it so much.
For some reason I had not made the connection between Leah Sanders and Rachel Van Dyken working together on Waltzing with the Wallflower and this series. So w...more
Suzanne
This story was quite the combination of Anastasia appearing to get exactly what she wants and Baldwyn seeming to be stuck with exactly what he doesn't want: a bride. Being a Duke Baldwyn knows he must do what has been asked of him and marry this girl even though his memory of her as a child is anything but pleasant. He finds himself taken aback when he discovers that she is far from being a child and has blossomed into quite a beautiful young woman. Unfortunately his remarks made to her before h...more
Alex
At some points in the book I flat out just wanted to scream at the characters, especially the Lord in this book. I was so frustrated that he was to shy to tell Lady Anastasia about how he felt until it had to come to a could-have-been-fatal event. Then again, that's what well written books do to a person... I absolutely loved Agatha and her mischief in this one :)
Melissa
Another great book in the House of Renwick series, Baldwyn Sinclair returns from Scotland at the instruction of his grandmother to find out that he has been betrothed to Lady Anastasia. This whole series is so full of romance and the trials one must go through to find that true love.
Kim
Sanders is a great addition to Rachel Van Dyken's House of Renwick series. I so hope they continue writing this series together. Each has unique styles to their writing, yet mesh so well together.
Tracy

Very nice regency romance story! Enjoyed reading it.
Nancy Donaghue
This.was.awful. Clunky writing, way too much telling vs. showing, and two main characters who were absolute idiots. Bonus points for a ridiculous degree of 19th-century style slut shaming. The female character forgets to put her hair up and the male character is*thisclose* to losing it and attacking her on the spot, because her long, flowing hair is turning him on...god! Doesn't she know what it does to a man, seeing a woman being all immodest? And then there's the night when he's drunk and show...more
Gunnar
Nov 27, 2012 Gunnar rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
What a delightful story, and I don’t say that lightly. The reviewers who complain that Agatha, the dowager duchess, could not have forced her grandson into an arranged marriage against his will, in my opinion, have rather missed the point of the story. Of course she could not have forced him into the marriage, and I have no doubt author Leah Sanders is perfectly aware of that fact. Baldwyn accepted his grandmother’s machinations out of love for her; certainly Agatha made loving her into a duty…

N...more
Englishrose
This was a light and sweet romance. There are some good scenes and fun interactions, but I felt like perhaps I missed a previous book. There were good side characters that weren't really explained or introduced, which makes me think they were main characters previously, but left the story feeling a bit incomplete. The main characters interactions were fun, though it seemed more like a string of cute scenes strung together rather than a smooth plot line. It was interesting and syrupy sweet, which...more
Rowan Leigh
I purchased the story as an ebook through barnes & noble. I really enjoyed the book, but it seems to have some major editing issues. At several spots, paragraphs or pages seem to be missing and the story jumps becoming confusing. Also there are teasers for other books at the end, but the book's cover picture is over the first couple of paragraphs. Overall a great story, but needs some editing/formatting adjustments.
Aly
First of all this is a beautiful cover. I enjoyed reading about the different characters in this series. A little SPOILER, I am happy that the girl get the guy that she was in love with for all those years. I will continue to read this series
InD'Tale Magazine
The characters in this story certainly have a lot of character. They have an animated quality that makes them larger than life.

Full review in June 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Willi
It was just like all the others in story style.Guy tries not to fall for girl.Girl is in love but doesn't want to make a fool of herself.Girl doesn't trust rake type guy!Getting boring.
Literary  Chanteuse
Jun 02, 2013 Literary Chanteuse marked it as romance-historical

For a star rating and complete review, visit Ind'tale Magazine online. June 2013 http://indtale.com/reviews/two-turtle...
Linda
Extremely blah characters in the h/h. Nothing admirable about either.
Janessa Friesen
Janessa Friesen marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Susane Andressa
Susane Andressa marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Kimberly Borget
Kimberly Borget marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
All We See or Seem Sacred Ring Waltzing with the Wallflower (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #1) Beguiling Bridget (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #2) Taming Wilde (Waltzing with the Wallflower, #3)