The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks

The 100: Count ONLY Sugar Calories and Lose Up to 18 Lbs. in 2 Weeks

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  159 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Be a part of the diet revolution and change your relationship with calories forever

America's favorite diet and fitness expert, Jorge Cruise, will change the way you think about calories. For years, conventional wisdom has continued to state the wrong and outdated research that says simply counting calories is the key to weight loss, and if you cannot follow that plan, you...more
Published May 21st 2013 by William Morrow

D.G. Kaye
As a woman who is eagerly learning of new weight loss strategies to fend of the curse of 'middle-age spread' and 5 newfound pounds, I have been reading up on how the body processes foods we ingest. From what I've read I can definitely agree with the ideology that carbs turn into sugar and they are what creates stubborn weight gain when eaten in excess. Excess doesn't necessarily correlate with eating large amounts of food, more like the amount of sugar that is in even a reasonable portion. This...more
False Millennium
I found his principles easy enough to understand, but the recipes were boring and made no sense--to whit...why would you want to follow this plan when there are so many more out there?
Shana Simmons
It was so interesting that this book showed how history effected food studies and the science that was used in America. I'm also glad that Jorge also included a section on how corporations who depend on sugar consumption to remain profitable use money to sway people in power to believe that sugar isn't bad for us. It's only logical that they would keep the evils of sugar from the public as much as possible. I loved that a calorie is defined in this book I always wondered what exactly one was, ha...more
Kari Hill
Makes sense!!
Alicia
If you are a diabetic looking for a new way to navigate your daily choices and need some structure....this is a great book. It is very similar to what we are advised to do by our diabetic educators, dietitians, endocrinologist, and even family medicine. It is nice to have a shopping list, menu plans, and to eat food that tastes good and is filling. All the foods were easy to purchase locally at the supermarket, no special pills or powders.
I enjoyed this book and recommend it highly!
Tiffani Long
I don't 100% agree with all things said in this book but I do think there is a lot of significance to insulin and sugar calories regarding weight or struggling with weight loss. As a sugar monster myself, I really thought it was very informative and eye opening for me...especially sugar being like an opiate and how our bodies react to sugar intake. so many of my complaints line up with some changes I could make based on what I learned while reading this...
Monta
As I begin to struggle with pre-diabetes--which is actually a carbohydrate metabolism disease--I am looking for diet ideas to implement in my life. I thought this book was well written, easy to read, and not as extreme as some other books I've recently read. The author also gives food lists and recipes. Very helpful and very practical.
Melissa
This book was full of eye opening information about the hidden sugars in our foods and the negative effects on our bodies. Very interesting!
Raquel Richardson
Sugar! Great breakdown of how to count sugar and why it's making our bodies struggle.
Mary E.
Book is informative. Chapter 8 The Food List is so easy and cuts to the chase.
Tanya
Not happy that exercise is not strongly endorsed in this book. Thought the recommendation for 300 calories daily from carbohydrates is more reasonable and corresponds better with a desired weight loss of a pound or so a week. Some typos in the book, such as saying 3100 calories = one pound of weight loss. Some recommendations backed with info from the literature. The interviews within the text were a bit distracting, but I did like hearing a researchers point of view.
Reina
I love how this book gave so much info on diets, and why they don't work, as well as historical background of "dieting". The menus seem well planned out, although I prefer to try to follow as closely as I can using my own recipes that I gather.
Janai
I can understand why alot of people don't like it because it contradicts to what we have come to know as "healthy eating with excerise" (calorie counting). Loved how the book broke down past history and developments that have effected many people today. While reading i didn't agree what he was saying at first but then he broke it down and i'd say he did a good job of research to come up with this information. Going to try it out.
Bobbi
I tried this diet and in about 6 weeks I lost almost 20 pounds. I felt better and no longer had a grain brain.
Brandi
I like the first 1/3 of the book and the way he breaks down the difference between modern day eating and the way we should be eating...The menu seems easy to follow and i will be starting tomorrow. Therefore, I will update my rating and my review when the two weeks is over, but wish me luck! Hopefully i'll be 18 pounds down!
Cathy Holbrook
The plan makes sense but I am not sure I could live with what you can't have in this plan.
BT
I really enjoyed this book. It's simple to follow. Provides you with a shopping list. I tried it and it worked for me. I lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks. I didn't realize how much of my diet was full of carbs. GREAT book!
Christine
Overall I liked it and found it helpful. The history of weight loss and nutrition research was interesting. Similar to "Dr. Gott's No Sugar, No Flour Diet" book, only with more info.
Cynthia
Basically take the carbs in an item and x 4. Don't go over 100 And you'll lose 18 lbs in 2 weeks. impossible for me since i live in sugar alone. Skimmed this book.
Ram Tackett
Lot's of good quotes/research in first 1/3 or so of the book. I like the thought of a practically mindless, but positive, change in eating habits.
Nikki Penda
Not understanding how this is very different than Atkins. Hated all the history because I felt like it wasn't really substantiated. Disappointed.
Courtney Wooten o'shea
I love Jorge's philosophies and methods, but this book has no new information for me. Contractual obligation with his publisher?
Gayle
Going to try it out - September 3rd... after the vacation at the lake and the State Fair :-)
Maurice
Amazing because it works. I like the scientific data so you can understand how it works and why.
Terrie
Terrie marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Aimee Tatum
Aimee Tatum marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Belly Fat Cure: No Dieting with the NEW Sugar/Carb Approved Foods 8 Minutes in the Morning: A Simple Way to Shed Up to 2 Pounds a Week Guaranteed The 3-Hour Diet (TM): How Low-Carb Diets Make You Fat and Timing Makes You Thin The Belly Fat Cure Fast Track: Discover the Ultimate Carb Swap and Drop Up to 14 lbs. the First 14 Days Happy Hormones, Slim Belly

“The Workout Do one set of 8 to 12 repetitions, and then immediately do one set of 8 to 12 reps of the next exercise, continue until all moves have been completed. If you can do an exercise more than 12 times, the weight is too light. If you can’t reach 12 repetitions, the weight is too heavy. Dumbbell Press Lie on a mat on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. You may place one or more pillows under your back and head for support. Holding a dumbbell in each hand, bring your elbows in line with your shoulders, making a right angle between your upper arm and your side. Exhale as you extend your arms and press the” 0 likes
“Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it. —EDMUND BURKE” 0 likes