Start by marking “Rough Diamonds” as Want to Read:
Rough Diamonds

Rough Diamonds

This is a novel about an incredible journey from Durban in South Africa to a remote location in Northern Mozambique during the violent and brutal civil war of the 80's. It's 1989 and David Parker, a struggling musician, returns from exile in Holland to South Africa to attend his older brother's funeral. The family attorney, Gary Levin, summons David to his office. His ...more
Paperback, First Publication (normal print), 166 pages
Published February 19th 2011 by Create Space

To ask other readers questions about Rough Diamonds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rough Diamonds

Professor Jeff
My life as an 'old' Professor, lecturing in English at a well known University allows me the licence to peruse many books. I have seen outstanding literature in my time; as some people would describe as 'cannot put it down' books. However my discerning nature has been attracted to this book, 'Rough Diamonds'. Not just a 'cannot put it down' book, but a 'must keep it with me' book.
It allows you to be literally carried into another world, where the surreal becomes real and intrique and adventure
Josh Banks
Oct 10, 2012 Josh Banks rated it it was amazing
Rough Diamonds is a great tale of intrigue and adventure on the high seas. Greg has written a tale that takes the reader on a modern journey to the nether regions of the Southern continent of Africa. With its narrative style and colorful characters and fast paced plot it could easily be developed into a script destined for the big screen.
Romlom
Oct 31, 2012 Romlom rated it it was amazing
This is a great read and not just because it's an action driven page-turner. It's also coloured by Greg Olivier's insights into the history and peoples of this lush region. Highly entertaining and informative, it's well worth a punt if you like authentic fiction built on foundations of fact.
Alistair
Alistair rated it it was amazing
Oct 13, 2012
Jen Urness
Jen Urness marked it as to-read
May 24, 2013
Candy
Candy marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Gregory Olivier
Jul 20, 2015 Gregory Olivier added it  ·  (Review from the author)
violence 1 1 Dec 18, 2012 12:24AM
Gregory Olivier was born in South Africa and grew up in Durban on the coast. His early passions were reading, surfing and playing the guitar. He has been writing since his teens but only tried writing professionally since the year 2000. GQ magazine (South Africa) have featured some of his writing for their cover stories (published under a nom de plume).

“I enjoy writing fiction that has some truth
More about Gregory Olivier...