Start by marking “Jet (Jet, #1)” as Want to Read:
Jet (Jet, #1)

Jet (Jet #1)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  4,169 Ratings  ·  396 Reviews
Code name: Jet

Twenty-eight-year-old Jet was once the Mossad's most lethal operative before faking her own death and burying that identity forever.

But the past doesn't give up on its secrets easily.

When her new life on a tranquil island is shattered by a brutal attack, Jet must return to a clandestine existence of savagery and deception to save herself and those she loves
Published September 2012 by Reprobatio Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Jet, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Frederick Brooke
Oct 06, 2012 Frederick Brooke rated it it was amazing
What a pleasure to discover a thriller author who really delivers. JET tells the story of a former Mossad operative who dropped out and went off the grid, but suddenly finds herself being hunted, and decides to find out who is behind it and why. The action starts on page 1, as it should in any good thriller.

But there’s more to like about this book than its plot or the descriptions of weapons or hand-to-hand combat. The title character is a three-dimensional flesh-and-blood suffering human being.
Seeley James
Mar 18, 2014 Seeley James rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and action packed, this thriller grabs you from the opening seemingly endless chase scene to the surprise twist as you near the end. The writing is tight and focused and just on the verge of literary without going over the edge into boring.

If you like a fast paced, can't guess it ahead of time kind of thriller, read this book.

Peace, Seeley
Sharon Michael
Jan 15, 2013 Sharon Michael rated it really liked it
Fast paced and violent, with a female agent, retired black ops, who is drawn back into the International scene after an attempted assassination.

Suspend belief and get ready for a non-stop roller coaster ride that is definitely on the violent side. A very entertaining read and fun ... but I suspect that future books in this series may be going in directions I'm not partial to.

One of the things I see all too often with female main characters is the addition of a child as a device to supposedly '
Gail  Gentry
Oct 08, 2012 Gail Gentry rated it it was amazing
I feel like I've found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with this author. Being a newbie to the Russell Blake world of writing, Jet was a tremendous way to start reading not only the beginning of what will be a Jet series but a beginning to reading his entire collection of books.

In Jet, Russell Blake doesn't ease you into the beginning with this book, he starts you off running and you don't stop until the end. I'm not an arms master - couldn't tell you the difference between a Saturday Ni
Sheila
Mar 05, 2013 Sheila rated it it was amazing

First in a series, Russell Blake’s Jet introduces a cool action heroine, chased by criminals, hiding from her past, with a secret history in the Mossad’s invisible forces. An exciting introduction follows this seemingly innocent shopkeeper as she destroys the hit team sent to kill her and swiftly falls off the radar. Nicely detailed, swiftly told, and immediately enthralling—it’s hard to even think about putting the book down until those first fast scenes are done. Then, with perfect timing, the
Gae-Lynn Woods
Jan 18, 2013 Gae-Lynn Woods rated it it was amazing
With every new book, Russell Blake goes from strength to strength. In JET, he combines all the elements I love about his writing: twisted conspiracies, flawed characters who must improvise or die, and lightning paced action that keeps me turning the pages. This is the first Blake book I've read where the main character is a woman, and he did an excellent job of writing in her voice.

The story moves around to help the reader understand who Jet is and how she came to be hunted. Blake weaves seamles
S.W.
Oct 30, 2012 S.W. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action
Loved this book. Great story full of action. Can't wait to read the next book.
Russell Blake, you have a new fan.

Note: I don't claim to be a pro-reviewer, I am a reader. My reviews are based on my personal thoughts around the story that the book is trying to tell. I'd rather focus on the story (which is the reason I read) rather than dissect the book and pass comment on writing style, structure or typos.
Lila
This was January MCT read, and it didn't quite work for me...

Story is what blurb says(except Lizbeth Salander comparison). So,read a blurb, and imagine every possible cliche involving girl who was once an operative and you'll get Jet.

JET features a new breed of protagonist that breaks the mold.

I have to point this part of blurb, because "new breed of protagonist" in this case means borrowing from:
1. La Femme Nikita
description
I don't mean just that they are both operatives but (view spoiler)
Martyn Halm
Dec 25, 2012 Martyn Halm rated it liked it
I had expected more from Blake. In comparison to the excellent Assassin books, the Jet series lacks suspense and the whole book felt formulaic. While the beginning had some action, the flashbacks and blocks of narrative exposition placed in a drawn-out dialogue between minor characters dragged down the pace. Compared to Blake's assassin series, Jet seems rushed and amateurish. I was also irked by the 'necessity' of giving the main character an abusive past to serve as a justification for a woman ...more
Suzie Quint
May 03, 2013 Suzie Quint rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book a great deal. It has a kick-ass heroine who, having retired from the Mossad by faking her own death, is sucked back into her old world when a team of assassins try to kill her. How did they know she wasn't dead? Or where to find her? The only person in the world who knew is her ex-lover/controller. If she can't fix this, she'll never have the life she wants.

This book starts out with high energy. The first 3 or 4 chapters are tense and compelling. However, it lost a point beca
Jack
Jul 11, 2016 Jack rated it liked it
Not bad, particularly since I got it for free. I'll be unoriginal and say it reads like a Jason Bourne movie. It also reminded me of a recent Patrick Lee book I read, Runner.
Glen Robins
Dec 31, 2016 Glen Robins rated it it was amazing
If you like spy novels that pack a punch, you'll love this book. I was hooked in the first chapter and had trouble putting it down. Russell Blake has assembled a line up of characters that are intense, unpredictable, and deep. He puts you right there in the action with the characters as they bounce around the world, fighting for supremacy. It's a great thrill ride!
Tia Bach
Dec 17, 2012 Tia Bach rated it it was amazing
Rating: 4.5 stars (but worthy of rounding up)

Fans of fast-paced action and strong female characters, think Sydney Bristow in Alias, will love Jet. As described by the author, "Jet is ... an enigma cloaked in a big helping of ass-kicking."

Jet has made plenty of enemies as a Mossad operative. When she decides it's time to get out, she fakes her own death and goes into hiding. Unfortunately, the twin brother of one of her slain targets finds her and is determined to make her pay. After taking out
Kate's Reads
Oct 28, 2012 Kate's Reads rated it it was amazing
Russell Blake's "Jet" is the first novel in a fast paced trilogy that will have you on the edge of your seat. Jet is an ex-Mossad operative who faked her own death to get out of the business. She's made a new life for herself on the island of Trinidad. Suddenly her life is disrupted by an assassination attempt that could only have been planned by professionals.

Now Jet must figure out how she was betrayed and who wants her dead. Her search will take her across continents and unearth a plot of des
Paula Howard
Mar 16, 2013 Paula Howard rated it it was amazing
Jet by Russell Blake is an extraordinary read. I finished the book, which is almost 700 pages in less than 24 hours.

Jet is an "ex-Mossad". I use " " as I don't believe that anyone every quits the Mossad or any other covert intelligent group.

Jet is a member of a dark group that is entirely off the grid. She has had enough and finding out that she is pregnant she decides it is time to start a new life. With the help of David, a fellow member of the group and father of her baby, she fakes her deat
Sherri Vigil
Feb 20, 2013 Sherri Vigil rated it really liked it
My first Russell Blake book and will be reading more of his. Very fast paced and definitely a thriller. The level of violence is a bit stronger than I'm used to reading. The subject matter and characters require it. However the author does a courtesy acknowledgement to the reader in advance regarding the violence and reminds "that this is a work of fiction.". I have never seen that before in any book I've read. A nice courtesy. I got hooked from the first page and didn't want to put it down. I s ...more
Dan
Jan 08, 2013 Dan rated it liked it
An action movie in book form. Lots of violence, lots of disjointed plot ideas, but in the end, an easy and reasonably enjoyable read.
Thom Swennes
Mar 13, 2017 Thom Swennes rated it really liked it
Who the HELL is Jet, aka Maya, Carla, Veronique? And maybe a more interesting question is who wants her dead at any cost. As an intelligence agent (assassin), working for the Mossad, Jet has seen it all. Any actual or perceived enemy of Israel was fair game and she eliminated them with extreme prejudice if so ordered. She is a killing machine with killer looks. On the verge of an emotional breakdown, burnout, and her recent pregnancy bring her to the one and only solution; she has to get out. Un ...more
Jean Poulos
This is book one in the Jet series. The protagonist is a 29 year old female a former Mossad operative. She faked her death and went into hiding. Now people are trying to kill her, and she is asking why and who. While she is evading being killed, she sets off to find out why and who. Blake reveals her story in bits and pieces throughout the book as we are introduced to Jet.

The book is well written and the action starts with the first sentence and never stops. The pace of the story is super fast.
Trish R.
Oct 08, 2016 Trish R. rated it liked it
Claude Foster
Russell Blake’s Jet is a pretty straight forward action adventure novel. His protagonist is an ex-Mossad assassin who just happens to be female. Blake provides all of the guns, explosions, double-dealing, international locations and evil villains that we’ve come to expect from the genre. He keeps it moving and doesn’t make it difficult to go along for the ride. If you’re in the mood for a modern day shoot-um-up, you’ll find this to be right down your alley.

I read this as an audiobook. The narrat
Ctgt
Jan 20, 2013 Ctgt rated it liked it
This was just an "ok" action adventure novel. There were a few little twists, female protagonist, a few dropped hints about a terrible childhood, a pregnancy, but not enough to rate this higher than 3 stars. In fact, if it wasn't for these differences this probably would have rated 2 stars. The action was pretty good and it was a good read and I see that the next few installments get pretty high rating, but I'm not sure I'll be returning to this series.
Milan Raška
Nov 15, 2015 Milan Raška rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tak:
1) ke knizce jsem ze zacatku pristupoval dost s odstupem a hned na zacatku veta "vrah se dabelsky zasmal" me velmi znejistila
2) pribeh je nicmene pomerne zajimave vystaveny
3) nema hlucha mista
4) akce je plno, ale pritom se nejedna o nesmyslne pasaze ratatata (sorry, Kotleto)
5) Jet je husta. Neznicitelna. Kam se hrabe Bond.
6) Jet je v kozene kombineze.
7) 4* si proste zaslouzi
Matthew Delphia
Jun 17, 2014 Matthew Delphia rated it it was amazing
Jet

Awesome series so far. Jet is my dream girl. Love the plots and twists and the action. It's even better that each book follows where the previous one ended, not many series of books really do that
Rhod
Dec 28, 2012 Rhod rated it really liked it
If you like a well written story about kick-ass action, this is for you. Jet is one special lady, and I am starting to look for other stories about her from Russell Blake. No detailed review is called for. If you read the first few pages, my bet id that you will be hooked. Well dome, Mr Blake!
Joe Fegan
Jan 06, 2013 Joe Fegan rated it it was amazing
This book kicked off a wonderful adventure for me. It is very tightly written, fast-paced, and a great ride. As I wanted more, on finishing it, I gladly read the rest of this series. Now, I am reading other books by Russell Blake, who is quite a talented author. Thank you.
joe fegan
Oct 15, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
I don't care for heroine-type novels but found Jet quite entertaining. An exception to my prehistoric values. Worth reading.
Duckie
Nov 11, 2012 Duckie rated it really liked it
I really didn't think this would be as good as it was. It isn't really my type of genre to read but I ended up loving it!
Tim Kraft
Nov 16, 2015 Tim Kraft rated it it was amazing
Action galore.

Fast paced,a page turner for sure. A skilled story telling that moves quickly without boring detail. Plenty of fast moving action.
Samantha
Dec 21, 2012 Samantha rated it did not like it
Shelves: abandoned
I tried and I tried, but try as I might I just couldn't connect with this book. I've given up on it I'm afraid.
  • Noble Beginnings (Jack Noble #1)
  • The Seventh Pillar (The Project, #3)
  • Perfect Evil
  • Sector C
  • A Man Overboard
  • Seven Days From Sunday (MP-5 CIA Thriller, #1)
  • Fast (F.A.S.T. Series, #1)
  • Kane
  • Hope Road
  • The Black Bullet (Sean O'Brien, #4)
  • Officer Jones (JP Warner, Book #1)
  • Blacklisted
  • Parallax View (Tracie Tanner #1)
  • A Touch of Deceit (Nick Bracco Thriller #1)
  • The Puppeteer
  • Black Flagged (Black Flagged #1)
  • Murder Passes the Buck (Gertie Johnson, #1)
  • 65 Below

• Justice (Jet, #6)
  • Sanctuary (Jet, #7)
  • Survival (Jet, #8)
  • Escape (Jet, #9)
  • Incarceration (Jet #10)
  • Forsaken (Jet, #11)

“noisy flight as the lone man’s skull exploded in a bloody splatter. His body crumpled to the concrete, dead before what was left of his head hit the ground with a melon-like thud. The few witnesses nearby froze in their tracks,” 1 likes
“booths fashioned from tarps and cast-off wood, a squalid tent city that housed vendors hawking tacky artifacts and articles of second-hand clothing. A retired Greyhound coach creaked as it entered the muddy lot, carrying a handful of intrepid tourists and commuters from the coastal suburbs. The tired air brakes hissed their protest as it pulled to a stop and disgorged its cargo, the rusting, graffiti-covered” 0 likes