Start by marking “The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)

The Scribe (Mindjack Origins #3)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  22 reviews
SHORT NOVELLA

Twenty-three-year-old Sasha is in search of a mindjacking Clan that won’t force him to use his unique skill—he can’t face the prospect of erasing any more souls. A revolutionary Clan leader offers him a chance to serve a higher purpose, but Sasha’s wary that it’s only a trick to use his ability. When a beautiful female jacker seeks refuge with them, and her fo
ebook, Kobo
Published August 31st 2012 (first published August 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Scribe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Scribe

Sheila
Don’t read any spoilers. You’ll want to know why this novella’s called the scribe, and the answer involves ethics, powers, brokenness and redemption in almost equal parts. Of the three stories in this set, this is the one I like most, the character I most want to follow, and even, in some ways, the tale that tells me most about this future society.
The writing is spare and beautiful, vividly descriptive without being slow, equally at home with the feather of a dove and the mightiest sword of a po
Sara
This short story is about Sasha, who was introduced in The Handler. And isn't he just gorgeous on the cover:) He and Julian have a meeting with a new recruit. Ava is a wisp of a girl that has the ability of a linker. And she can read minds without the person knowing. At first he doesn't trust her, but she slowly gains his trust. They both come from the same Clan leader, Arlis, but they did not know each other as they were in the clan at different time. They both want to stay away from him. But h ...more
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
So, so happy to have the chance to tell you about these two short novellas (The Scribe, The Handler) that go along with the Mindjack Series by Susan Quinn. I have reviewed the first two novels, Open Minds and Closed Hearts on my blog. I loved them.

I just love when authors give us these novellas. For me, it serves two roles. First, it feeds me need to read more in between the actual full length novels. A little snack at intermission. :) Second, it gives me a glimpse into the lives, emotions and h
Heather
Now this is Sasha's story and he has the most incredible power I've ever read. I'm not going to tell you what it is. His name "The Scribe" might give you some indication but it is a powerful thing and any of the Clans would want him. But he's escaped to Julian. He wants to never use his "power" ever again. It takes a piece of him every time he uses it and he's used it so many times under his old Clan leader who basically raised him. Now that Clan leader is back and he wants the helpless girl tha ...more
Sandy
THE SCRIBE (Mindjack Origins 2.2) by Susan Kaye Quinn

THE SCRIBE is another short-story (August 2012 release) from Susan Kaye Quinn’s Mindjack Trilogy. In a world where mindreading is the norm (due to decades of contaminated water) those without the ability are known as zeroes, but there are a few who possess a power greater than most. This story takes place between Open Minds and Closed Hearts.

Sasha Rimbali has a power that he considers so evil that he is willing to die before he ever uses his p
Sher A. Hart
It had been long enough since I read Closed Hearts that I couldn't remember much about Sasha until The Scribe made me recall wanting to know more about him. Now I do, and I can say Susan did an excellent job of creating a soul so tortured that he needs more than Julian's skill to make something useful out of the shambles.

Susan's symbolism is great. With his life in the toilet, Sasha works to build a bathroom while he tries to rebuild his character destroyed by Arlis, a rival clean leader who for
Trisha
No Sasha, she thought, I'm here so you can save me.

Wow, and finally the Scribe - Sasha.
The one that I knew the least about from book 2. I now understand.

AND to be intro'd to Ava. Understand her back story, the link between Sasha and Ava.
And to see Julian help shape the revolution.

and to read of their flirting. It's so sweet and cute. The perfect ray of sunshine in this dark world.
Rhiannon H Morris
As a short background story to the MindJack trilogy, I enjoyed this. It's short and nothing special, but it does add a little extra depth and understanding to the events recounted in the Mind Jack trilogy, especially books 2 and 3. As a 77pence book, this is worth buying but only if you have enjoyed the main trilogy first.
A.E. Howard
Loved this snack from the Mindjack world while waiting for book 3. Sasha was such an interesting character, and it was great to see the world through his eyes, and get inside his head (without jacking in of course ;-) ). Bravo!
Adam Heine
Love it! Sasha is such a flawed and tortured character that we know so little about. It makes me want to read Closed Hearts again (and makes me want the third book to come out even more).
menr
Awwww... Sasha, you sweet, sweet guy. I'd say this is the most romance I got from this series, and who knew Sasha would be the one to excel in the hot guy department?
Stephy-jay
I never truly knew what to make of Sasha before now Its nice to understand why he is the way he is! And why he feels so protective of Ava!
Kelly
I enjoyed reading his story the most. I can't imagine what it would be like to have that kind of power! Ava seems right for him.
Becky
Excellent account of Sasha's time with Julian before the others joined and how he honed his skill.

I loved it!
Ayaan
Really enjoyed hearing about Sasha and reading about how he met Ava. :D
Noodle TheNaughtyNightOwl
7/10: Good solid read, something to get your teeth into.
Virginia Seven Swans
My favorite of the mind jack short stories!
Aydrea
Nice background on Sasha. Poor guy!
Misty
I get Sasha more he is awesome...
Tara
More additional insite
Jun-jun
this makes me happy!:)
Awsomealanna
Awsomealanna marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Naomi Pacheco
Naomi Pacheco marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Irely Olmeda
Irely Olmeda marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Zachary Harless
Zachary Harless marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2014
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
  • The Defiance (Brilliant Darkness, #2)
  • Ardent Ascension (Rise Of The Ardent, #2)
  • Reborn - alternate ending (The Born Trilogy)
  • Clan Lord: Science Fiction Adventure Short Stories (Life Sticks)
  • Divided against Yourselves
  • On Dark Shores: The Lady
  • Water & Storm Country (The Country Saga, #3)
  • The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)
  • Sela (Leland Dragon #2)
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Monster in the Mirror - A Short Story
  • Shudder (Stitch Trilogy, #2)
  • The League of Delphi (The Delphi Trilogy #1)
  • If it Kills Me (The Starborn Saga, #2)
  • Choke (The Breathless, #2)
  • Outcast (Defiance 0.5)
  • The Hour of Tiamat
NEW RELEASE:
Specter (Debt Collector 11)

STEAMPUNK FANTASY ROMANCE
Third Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #1)
Second Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #2)
First Daughter (The Dharian Affairs #3)

ADULT FUTURE-NOIR
Debt Collector Season One
Debt Collector Season Two
WATCH the Debt Collector Book Trailer

ANTHOLOGY
Synchronic-13 Tales of Time Travel

Y
More about Susan Kaye Quinn...
Open Minds (Mindjack Trilogy, #1) Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy, #3) Closed Hearts (Mindjack Trilogy, #2) Mind Games (Mindjack Origins, #1) Delirium (Debt Collector,  #1)