Start by marking “God's Gift to Women” as Want to Read:
God's Gift to Women

God's Gift to Women

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  953 ratings  ·  45 reviews
Julian Payne has spent countless night shifts trying to make it as a radio personality on an obscure AM station in Chicago. While most of the world is asleep, he captivates his growing audience with his smooth and masculine voice. His ratings rise as more and more emotionally scarred women tune in to get Julian's advice about their relationship issues.Julian's own attempts ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by Touchstone Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about God's Gift to Women, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God's Gift to Women

Shawnette
An Okay Read

I read "GOD'S GIFT" and I must say I was unimpressed. I expected more development with certain characters and subplots. The fact that Julian encountered a woman who was mentally unstable was quite believable. What was however unbelievable was the fact that he took so much of her mess never seeking assistance from law enforcement. Overall the book was somewhat interesting yet predictable at times. In my opinion, this was not Michael Baisden's best work, but a decent read none-the-less
P_panther
Dec 19, 2012 P_panther rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to P_panther by: My sister
I enjoyed reading this book. The plot was nice and full, even though the dramatic events weren't detailed enough. It all happened so quickly in the book without much explanation and left me feeling a little empty. Other than that the characters were fun, easy to relate to and very real. The mix of having the man be a successful black male radio host in a big city worked well for this novel. I wouldn't read it again, because it has a predictability about it but I would recommend it to anyone out ...more
Valerie Williams
A smooth talker. An even better listener. And handsome as heaven on earth. He is God's Gift to Women. Julian Payne gets into bed with millions of women every night. As an after-hours radio talk-show host, Julian captivates his female audience with his deep voice and sensitive spirit. Women can't get enough: They call in, begging for his advice about love, lust, commitment, and betrayal. Julian provides his listeners with the blunt male perspective, and he always has the right thing to say. But w ...more
Nardsbaby Reader
A Real Thrill

Out of all of Michael Baisden books, I'm compelled to believe GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN, may be the best one yet! Like aged wine, his stories get better with time.

GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN has a great story line, admittedly it is sometimes very predictable, but it is still heated, fast and kept my finger running for the next page.

A very good lesson to learn, you play with fire and you may get burned! BE-WARE!
La Tonya
It really was a good read....a true black fatal attraction indeed! Men need to be careful how they treat women because some are not so stable!
A page turner for real!!
Stephanie
Michael Baisden has done it again with this page-turning novel.

GOD'S GIFT TO WOMEN is the story of a man named Julian who makes the wrong move when he has a one night stand with a woman who is not at all what she seems. She is craaaazy, deraaanged (*sorry, Martin Lawrence reference*)

Julian learns a hard lesson from that one night of passion, as well as suffering some serious consequences. This is a book that you will NOT want to end. Full of suspense, it's a guilty pleasure novel that will kee
Morgan
OMG a one-night stand can lead to drama. In this book we thirty-nine year widower Julian Payne from Chicago who's getting ready to move to Houston with his ten-year old daughter Samantha where he's moving his late night radio show to.

The night before he leaves he hits the town one last time with his friends when he meets Olivia Brown he figures if he has one night with her then everything will be okay WRONG!!!

He moves to Houston and his show Love, Lust, and Lies its on the verge of going nationa
Bianca Harrison
I absolutely loved this book from the beginning to the end, Michael did a wonderful job with the characters and that crazy Olivia. She gave Julian a scare...
Kiswana
I decided to re-read this as a 2012 read since I knew it was a quick and easy read. I must say that I enjoyed it more the first time around as a teen.

This book feels like one that has been written tons and tons of times. The fatal attraction story is easy to write. I don't want to say that Michael Baisden is a lazy writer, but I need more originality from him in order to take him seriously. He was the main character, and I've never seen someone have a 2 page biography in their own book which th
Winter Rose
Suspenseful, Shocking Page Turner!
Lmackey
This book was good as well.This book is basically an everday issue of men playing with the feelings of a woman. Sometimes we as people do not at what expense you will have to pay for playing with someones feelings. Some people have been through so much in their lives that they can't take anymore and they snap. Take my advice this chick SNAPPED, CRACKLED AND POPPED. A woman scorned is an F'ed up way to die. Great book, you can learn from this Players of both species women and men.
Brittney Green
One night stands will lead you to many nights of problems. If Julian knew that the beautiful, seductress Olivia would cause this many problems he would not have given her a second glance. On his last night in town, Julian agreed to have a one night stand with Olivia, after that he thought he would never see or hear from her again.

He couldn't have been more wrong! Olivia relocates to the same place Julian moves, and puts his life in danger. Olivia is unstable, and crazy!!!
Grace
This is an "urban" style book. The main character (Julian) is a radio personality that is up and coming. He is a widowed single father whose focus is his daughter and career. After a one night stand his life turns upside down as the woman he slept with turns out to be a crazed stalker. It definitely covers the consequences of sleeping with a woman who has been hurt in the past and is scorned.
Jeannette
I picked this up at my school library and was surprised at how quick a read it was! I could not put it down, it had me intrigued from the very beginning. The whole plot was basically about how men take advantage of women without thinking of a consequences. An interesting and compelling read. Definitely makes you think, it's the perfect read for players, both women and men.
Denise
In God’s Gift to Women, one night of passion turns Julian’s world upside down. This is due to the fact that Olivia has decided that one night is not enough. When Julian refuses to continue to see her, she starts acting like she has a fatal attraction. This book was fast paced and filled with drama. I found it very hard to put it down.
Martine
Right after this book came out Michael Baisden's radio show came on in NYC, and he was syndicated all over the country, so i felt like he may have been writing this book from experience. It's a pity he stopped writing! He is totally annoying on the radio, but I loved him as a writer.
Destiny
A very good book addressing some real grown up relationship issues. I don't read many books by males, but I think I'm going to purchase all of his books to read/re-read. Thanks Michael Baisden for an enjoyable week of reading.
Monica
Similar to the movie A Thin Line Between Love and Hate and I'm not sure which came out first. This book had a different cover when I read it. Michael Baisden seems to be a good fiction and non fiction writer. Loved it
Corinne
omg this book was so good, i am disappointed that he has not written any more novels, i guess he has writers block or wants to move on to other things but this was a hella good novel.
Michael Jenkins
This is the perfect book,as a guy I can relate to some of the characters. I prefer this over The Maintance man, because the story was well developed and it was`nt predictable.
Dorel
I couldn't get into this book. I thought the storyline was boring. I only liked the parts with Julian & his daughter. The Maintenance Man series is better than this book.
Nicolette Nixon
Even though the whole "woman stalker/fatal attraction/a thin line between love and hate" story line is common and cliche, i really enjoyed the book.
Monique
Now this book here was very good. Plot was excellent, characters were good. Eddie was a bastard, but he got his in the end. Very good read.
Judy
I really enjoyed this book. I read Men Cry in the Dark but I think this one was better because it had a little bit of everything.
Marvin Jennings
All I can say is "WOW." Action from the beginning of the book. This should be a wake-up call for all of the players out there.
Varrsity Varrsity
Never let people borrow your books because they never return them. I would like to read this again.
Dana
the black Fatal attraction, players beware, it just may be hazardous to your health....LOL
Nick McCormack
Given to me as a christmas present. Extremely quick read. A bit far fetched but enjoyable.
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • Satin Doll
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Can't Get Enough
  • Diary of a Mistress
When it comes to entertaining, enlightening and educating, no one in talk radio compares to Michael Baisden. His high-octane energy and love for interacting with his listeners is just one reason for the popularity and success of The Michael Baisden Show. The Bad Boy ignites heated discussions with explosive episodic themes like: Living Your Dream, Your Body Is Your Temple, and Pimps In The Pulpit. ...more
More about Michael Baisden...
The Maintenance Man Men Cry in the Dark Maintenance Man II Never Satisfied: How & Why Men Cheat Do Men Know What They Want?