Beneath the Light of a Silver Moon: Hot Down Under

Beneath the Light of a Silver Moon: Hot Down Under

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Kristen Treymore isn't living anymore – she's existing.

Trapped in marriage to Jack, an alcoholic who uses his fists to communicate, Kristen has given up her freedom in an attempt to protect his daughter.

When Conrad Doyle, childhood friend and the man whose heart she unwittingly broke, shows up on Kristen's doorstep and offers her a lifeline, she can't refuse.

What she nev...more
Published November 1st 2012 by Momentum

To ask other readers questions about Beneath the Light of a Silver Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beneath the Light of a Silver Moon

The Smutty Kitty
As posted on The Smutty Kitty

4 out of 5 Licks

This is a bit of a sad one. Kristen is a victim of spousal abuse and doesn't want to leave in order to protect her stepdaughter (whom she treats like her own). Her daughter has run away seeking refuge from her volatile father, but until Kristen knows for sure she is safe she can't leave. Her childhood friend Conrad swoops in to take her away from her terrible life. He brings her back to his house and wants her to stay forever, but will she?

I was able...more
Fiona Marsden
This is a well written and emotive story. The subject is uncomfortable, a battered wife staying with her abusive alcoholic husband to protect his daughter.

As I've come to expect in most of the Hot Down Under short stories, there is plenty of hot and heavy sex. I couldn't get the fact that she was still technically married out of my head but on the whole the scenario wasn't as tacky as I expected. The hero is gorgeous and their history made the instant connection quite believable.

The language is...more
Cathleen Ross
Mel Teshco pulls off hard subjects that don't usually sit well with erotic romance - a beaten wife and infidelity. When I started to read this my heart sank because I don't like reading about these subjects, however Mel created such a heartfelt, warm hero that I fell in love with the story. Teshco also is experienced at writing tender love scenes. This one is magic to read because the hero really looks after the heroine and takes the reader along for the journey. Well worth buying. The character...more
Cate Ellink
Domestic violence is such a sensitive, emotive topic and Mel Teshco handles it gently.

Kristen is in an awful situation with an abusive husband but she stays to protect his daughter. Conrad is a neighbour and the man Kristen loved but rejected. He's a true romance hero, loving her from afar and waiting for her to be ready for him.

This is an emotional read, something Teshco does well.

Disclaimer: I'm in a writing group with Mel Teshco but I earn nothing from her stories, except the enjoyment of re...more
Nina
Was this really just 23 pages? I am amazed at how the author was able to craft an emotional & well-written story in such few pages. For a short story, there was a wealth of emotions thrown in and the characters were surprisingly well-drawn. The love scenes were sensuous and hot.

So my overall impression? I enjoyed it! I only wished it was longer, but for 23 pages, I thought the author did a fine job executing this story. Good job, Ms. Teshco.
Kaetrin
This one is about a battered wife escaping from her husband to a former love. I had a bit of a problem with the idea that someone who’d just suffered a beating would be interested in sex with anyone. I liked the concept but I think the format was too short for the story.

This review first appeared on the ARRA blog at http://australianromancereaders.wordp...
Fable
Deeper than most of the Hot Down Under stories. Short, sweet, heartbreaking, great HEA.
Earicka
Earicka marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Susan Child
Susan Child marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Tristen
Tristen marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2013
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Twinsie Talk Angie J marked it as to-read
May 26, 2013
Nina
Nina added it
Feb 22, 2013
Kathy Watson
Kathy Watson marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2013
Jan
Jan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Jen
Jen added it
Feb 20, 2013
Robert Zimmermann
Robert Zimmermann marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2013
Jolynn
Jolynn marked it as to-read
Jan 11, 2013
Aziza
Aziza marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Kylex Anderson
Kylex Anderson marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2013
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2013
Mel Teshco grew up in Australia, where her seemingly gypsy dad and ever patient mother saw her living in many areas of the East Coast, along with her sister and two brothers.

Each new home stimulated an already over-active imagination, where she spent as much time dreaming about fantasy worlds as the real world - the fantasy sometimes being much better.
Now living on a small rural property with th...more
More about Mel Teshco...
Discovering Sofia Stone-Cold Lover (Winged and Dangerous, #1) Galactic Burn (Alien Hunger, #1) Galactic Inferno (Alien Hunger, #2) Identity shift