The Devil's Pawn

The Devil's Pawn

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  1,159 ratings  ·  155 reviews
A common enemy. A secret untold. One dark and handsome man determined to despise. One inexperienced, innocent, shy woman swept into a life she cannot control. Both pawns in a torturous game that will bind them together or tear them apart . . . forever.

Published September 17th 2012 by Liquid Silver Books

To ask other readers questions about The Devil's Pawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil's Pawn

Out of the Box Awakening by Jennifer TheriotThe Law of Attraction by N.M.  SilberThe Home Court Advantage by N.M.  SilberOut of the Box Regifted by Jennifer TheriotUndeniable by Madeline Sheehan
HIDDEN GEMS ~SEXY STEAMY READS
41st out of 217 books — 250 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireLosing It by Cora CarmackPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesTwilight by Stephenie Meyer
Modern Day Virgin Heroines
50th out of 426 books — 207 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Minor SPOILERS -none will hinder your reading experience
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Adult Romance -Erotica

WHOA!

Photobucket

This book had me high strung you hear me. HIGH STRUNG.
I could not put it down... My heart was shattered and I cried for the characters hoping they could find a way OUT.

'I’ve been left with an exorbitant debt, not my own, payable to ruthless animals who would see me dead before they see me fail them. But it is these very thugs who have recommended Trimbles as a way out for me. They see mo...more
Duchess Nicole
4.5 Stupid Stars, because I just can't give it any less.

This was a crazy, wildly disturbing kind of romance. I had skimmed a couple of reviews so I knew to expect this to be much darker than Elizabeth Finn’s two other books. Boy is that the understatement of the month!! I’m a romance reader…I love my happy ending. And while this has a nice little conclusion, I would call it more of a “start to a long recovery.” No freaking way that this couple walks happily off into the sunset…too much happened...more
La-Lionne
From blushing virgin to a high skilled whore in less then 24h

What in a hell did I just read?!?!
description

First, I'll tell you why I picked up this book in the first place. I read review that got me thinking "How did I managed to overlook this book and why I haven't read this one yet?!" It gave me the impression that the story is going to be very dark, disturbing and very emotional. But all I got was irritation and annoyance. And that's not the feelings I'm looking for when I pick up a book.
As amazing as t...more
Vishous
I'm gonna start this a bit confusing but trust me that is nothing what is going inside my head so I'll try to explain it on the simplest way I can :)

First I did not want to give it 5stars because I did not want to like it without his POV but damn I was seeing 5stars dancing in front of my eyes even though I hated the fact that I will never be inside his head.
But then from the middle of the book you really really badly need his POV, even though his actions speaks a lot.
The problem is that when y...more
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 STARS.

Lets start out by saying this is not like Ms. Finn's other contemporary reads..... It's got a very dark basis to it. Which I loved. There's a lot of comparisons to this book and Captive in the Dark which I guess is justifiable in its dark qualities and redeemable anti-hero but that's about it. I don't feel it's fair to compare beyond that.

This is the story of sweet Ashton, brutally victimized by the thugs who are out to get payment for the 5 million plus dollars her dead father owes t...more
 ~V~
Holy cow that was INTENSE! Sex, drama, scandal, intrigue! Craziness, flat out craziness!!

Ashton is a 22yr old girl (and a virgin!) who is forced to pay back her father's gambling debt by signing up as a professional escort. Derek is the man who ends up becoming her "manager." The journey... and to put it quite frankly, the HELL that these two have to endure, during their time at Trimbles (the gentleman's gaming club and living quarters for all the escorts) is insane! There is no easing into the...more
Marina
“I forgive you.” They’re the only words I can give him, and I pray desperately they’re enough.

I need to gather my wits, my blown-away brain and my emotions to write a few words since I only just finished it.

Did I really think that Caleb and Livvie alone could turn me into a wreck? I did. And now here we are with Derek and Ash giving the final blow. And I loved every minute of it.

I literally could not stop reading. I read the first few pages and really thought of stopping because I began to s...more
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
This one is kind of a puzzler for me. There were things I liked - Ashton was a very sympathetic character. I felt sad, sick, angry and humiliated right along with her. She was truly someone who was at the end of her rope, and scraping the bottom of the barrel for a solution. She doesn't realize she is a pawn in another game, another debt to be paid.

I was engrossed throughout the story. While I figured out some of the reasons that Derrick was where he was, the full story wasn't clear until the re...more
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
Jan 06, 2013 edzkie♥§*.*§♥ rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to edzkie♥§*.*§♥ by: Debb
5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ms. Finn I need more!

I suggest this book will be read after Brother's Keeper & Restoring Jordan. All books have different twists, and I'm so happy that when I start each one I knew it's not getting over but I'm gonna love it the same as the previous book. Devil's Pawn is as good as Brother Keeper but in a completely different way. The hotness is as steamy as the two but this is more twisted. Different avenue from Ms. Finn. First Chapter as always will hook you. You'll...more
✽ Sharon is an emotional book junkie ✽
When I first started this book, this was definitely my reaction:

description

and it pretty much stayed that way throughout the whole book! It is very dark, gritty, intense and will probably make you uncomfortable at certain parts.

Ashton's been forced into a gentleman's club to pay back her father's gambling debt even though both her parents were killed. You don't find out everything right away and things are a bit shocking to say the least.

Derek is the manager of the house she's in and he's not happy about...more
Jamie~Book Boyfriend Ho♥
ANOTHER 5 STARS FOR ELIZABETH FINN

Well, I've found a writer who writes my favorite type of man.. I've read her other two books in the last couple of weeks and now finally this one. She perfects the alpha jerky asshole cavman perfectly.. However-- this time she made him so complicated that I often wondered throughout the book if I would be able to ever completely be on his side.. and it wasnt until the final 2 chapters until he won me completely over.

This book is far different from her other tw...more
Didi
ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, DAMN.

How does she do it? I am talking about Elizabeth Finn Y'all. She has a way of creating the most intimate and emotional scenes just by the words used. ALL her characters are like this. When I'm reading her books I feel everything the hero/heroine are feeling. It's a rush that's difficult to put in words, but I'm trying!

Devil's Pawn was definetely darker than her previous works. But I LOVED IT!!! I do love darkness in my romance especially when worked into erotica so this...more
Elizabeth (Liz)
4.5 Stars

Edgy, dark, sexy and told by a fantastic and welcome new voice to the genre!! I <3 Derek and Ash, MADLY! Their chemistry, dialog AND non-verbal communication is absolute perfection. I did feel like it all wrapped up too neatly and quickly, but....honestly? Even that couldn't detract from how much I thoroughly enjoyed this story from Elizabeth Finn. I devoured this in record time!! I hope the author has much more like this in store for us!
Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict
Feb 09, 2014 Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Dorsey aka Wrath Lover & KA Addict by: ~ V ~
**** 4 Intense Stars ****

Holy heck this was gut wrenching, intense, and nerve wrecking!! I had such strong feelings of overwhelming sadness and fury for all that Ashden endured. Derek comes off as coldhearted, unfeeling, and aloof....but looks can be deceiving especially where Ash is concerned.

I really enjoyed this quick read and there were a couple of great secondary characters that I really liked and plenty of coldhearted, cruel, scary, horrible villain's that I HATED!!!

photo 786984_zpsujmqlba_edit_1392012835277_zps5ccudyom.jpg

° This would have...more
 ✿Alyssa✿
This review was posted at My Secret Romance

To sum it up: A common enemy. A secret untold. One dark and handsome man determined to despise. One inexperienced, innocent, shy woman swept into a life she cannot control. Both pawns in a torturous game that will bind them together or tear them apart… Forever.

Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Mafia Princess*
Feb 21, 2013 Christine The Dark Romance Junkie *Mafia Princess* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of alpha males and dark angsty books
I was rooting for Derek and Ashton from the first chapter, which made me feel bad because they didn't meet in the best of circumstances. From the beginning Derek was a dark and mysterious character, frankly I hated his guts in the beginning but I'm a romantic at heart so I new he would change. Ashton seemed so weak in the beginning, never putting up a fight if Mr Grayson told her to do something or maybe I'm being too hard on her. The sex scenes were hot which is always a plus. This is my first...more
I.Am.Reader
4.5 stars!
Incredible, emotional, sensual, erotic story!
It's amazing how a well written book takes you on a journey, and even if some moments are bumpy, you just hang on for dear life to the very end.

I got hooked to both characters really quickly. This story is written solely in Ashton's POV. This may be a turn off for me but in this case, it made Derek's story more mysterious. The author's vivid descriptions of Derek makes his personality come to life in a very intriguing way. More questions ask...more
Aestas Book Blog
Jan 14, 2013 Aestas Book Blog marked it as to-read
Shelves: top-tbr
Um, holy random WOW! I'm just noticing this book now and it looks kind of awesome! Maybe?

Has anyone who has read it think I'd like it? Thoughts?
Michelle ♥ The Romance Vault ♥
OK so every once in a while a book comes along that just sends you into a tantilising tailspin of really good storytelling and you guessed it, this is one such book.

I was shocked by the opening chapter, in fact by the first couple of pages I was raising my eyebrows, but oh boy the author had grabbed my attention hook line and sinker and that was it I was led into the world of depravity and shame that is Trimbles, the Gentlemans Escort Club.

I can't express at how well I thought the author wrote t...more
TORI ~Break Me~Own Me~Love Me~
3.75 Stars

If you've read some of Elizabeth Finn's other books let me start by saying that even though this is not dark erotica, it is darker than her usual stuff.

That being said, I loved it! I was hanging on to every line. I could barely wait to see what happened next.

The reason I didn't score it higher was because I felt the ending could have been more climatic. The reason behind Derek being there was not that big of a deal to me. With the type of money he has I would think he could have (vie...more
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Loved it loved it loved it......Mr Pennington...holy mother of hotness! Loved the story, so different from anything else I have read, angsty, romantic in its own way until the end... Just wow!!! I will be thinking about this story for quite a while and will definitely read it again..
Saunders
There are times when you read a book and as you turn each page you don’t fully believe what you are reading and when the end comes there is no immediate reaction – you just sit there - vacant.

The Devil’s Pawn by Elizabeth Finn did that to me. It is one of the most moving compelling novels I have read. It hooked me from page one and I knew that this was a read that would consume me; it did and I read the whole book in one sitting. I couldn’t get the characters or story out of my mind.

Elizabeth Fi...more
Lkay ❇✾The one-click buy button addict❇✾
Ok WOW!

This book is definitely not for for everyone, but Oh My God is it good.

This is the second book I have read by Elizabeth Finn...and I am so glad I decided to give this author another try.

I read Restoring Jordan first, but wasn't too thrilled with it. So why would I purchase another book from this author? Because the woman can write! My dislike of Restoring Jordan was due to my own personal preference and dislike of the main heroine...But I have to admit, the book was still amazingly well w...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Aug 08, 2013 Jacqueline's Reads marked it as considering
dark and handsome? why yes please!

When Ashton is left orphaned after her parents are murdered, her life becomes a hell she could never have imagined. Left to fend for herself, and responsible for a debt she doesn’t owe, she is swept into a life as
Dana ~ The Dirty Smut'atter
This is my third book written by Elizabeth and each one gets better and better!! The storyline is plays with your emotions the entire time, but it is a necessary evil to achieve the outcome you had hoped for all along. I do wish we could have had a glimpse into the male POV, but I loved the story all the same.

Thanks again Elizabeth for a heart wrenching story!!

My Derek

VEL

Ashton, an orphan, being forced into excepting her fate of joining an escort agency to pay of her parent debt and a way out in staying alive from the Mob. Mr Derek Pennington being her manager, who has to teach her the ropes of being part of the Escort Agency in 6 weeks.
This book was a recommendation and what a great one it was. (Thank you Rae)!! This was an impressive, intense (some may say dark) erotic novel, I was hooked from page one to the end!!
Debb
I don't even know where to start with this book....I mean just....wow! This story so very different from her other 2 books that I read and loved. This story was sad and very heartbreaking at times to read about how 2 people can come together in the most unlikely of situations.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
4.5 Stars another Elizabeth Finn that I couldn't put down. :)
Tanya Walker
I fell in love with her other novel, Brother's Keeper. I enjoyed her writing style so much that I immediately bought this one. This may not be for everyone but for the lucky ones that give it a chance will be blown away. It is dark, ugly, and sometimes disturbing. It broke my heart. Elizabeth Finn is an amazing story teller. She describes each character and each scene with such clarity that you feel like you are in the room. I could easily imagine myself sitting there watching the scenes unfold....more
Monika
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

This book is beautifully written from one person POV. Ashley Monroe. She is an innocence woman who is left orphaned after the murder of her parents in front of her. Her life is a miserable one. She is forced into a life as high paid escort for her parent's debt. Through her POV we will see the creepy and dark journey of her new life as a soon to be highly paid whore.

Her new manager doesn’t appreciate her inexperience, innocence, and shyness. On the contrary, he despises everything ab...more
  • The Fifth Favor
  • Lily of the Springs
  • Vol.1 (London Brown, #3.5)
  • Atonement (Alfonzo, #4)
  • The Devil's Revenge (The Devil's Eyes, #2)
  • Plausibility
  • Escape from Paradise (Paradise, #1)
  • Passionate Bid (Blue-Eyed Four, #1)
  • ANGEL'S WRATH
  • Agent of Desire (Jessica Booker, #1)
  • Cloak and Dagger (The IMA, #1)
  • Color of Loneliness (Color, #1)
  • Wanderlust
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Selling Out (The Lost Girls, #2)
  • Curio (Curio, #1)
  • Hey There, Delilah (A Taboo Love, #1)
Elizabeth Finn is a multi-published contemporary romance author. Her passion is creating stories packed full of angsty believable conflicts, characters who leave you rooting for them, and romance that might just short-circuit your e-reader. She likes her characters flawed and scarred, but they always find the best part of themselves on their journey, and her readers find themselves devoted to her...more
More about Elizabeth Finn...
Brother's Keeper Restoring Jordan Unforgiven The Fight for Us The Innocent Liar