Start by marking “The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Proposition (The Proposition, #1)

The Proposition (The Proposition #1)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  37,674 ratings  ·  2,034 reviews
With her thirtieth birthday looming, Emma Harrison finds her biological clock clanging and the elusive knight in shining armor yet to appear. She’s running out of options, especially after her gay best friend backs out from being her sperm donor. Of course, there’s always a sperm bank, but Emma fears a donor mix-up might impregnate her with the spawn of Satan.

Resident comp
Published December 9th 2012 by Createspace (first published October 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Proposition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposition

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesHopeless by Colleen HooverEffortless by S.C. StephensThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Book Boyfriends
194th out of 4,720 books — 18,466 voters
Wallbanger by Alice ClaytonPlaying for Keeps by R.L. MathewsonSeduction and Snacks by Tara SivecTangled by Emma ChasePerfection by R.L. Mathewson
Funny as Hell!
28th out of 1,211 books — 4,025 voters

More lists with this book...

Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
Photobucket

The story was going smoothly. I was so proud of Aidan for truly trying and manning up.

Then at 91%.....

Then at 92%.....

Then at 93%.....

Then at 94%.....

WooooooSaahhhhhhh

Photobucket

NO I AM NOT FINE! That dirty little thing who calls himself a man did the unimagnible (in my opinion) and the WORST part is I still fucking love him!

Photobucket

I just want to rip him to shreads! HOW COULD YOU!!!!

Photobucket

And now I have to wait?!?!?! I have to wait to see how he begs and redeems himself to us all?!?!?!?

Ashley.... Pleas
Aestas Book Blog
I. NEED. BOOK. TWO. RIGHT. FREAKING. NOW.

Gah! Ok, so I knew there was a cliffhanger when I went into this book and early on in the book there is a big "hint" at what its about that I picked up on, so on all accounts, I was ready for it but holy hell my heart was in knots by the end!!!!

*falls down on knees and begs Katie Ashley for an early release of The Proposal*

I have to say, the synopsis of this book was what grabbed me. The minute I read it, I just knew that I had to read this book!!

Wi
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
4.5 because-I-loved-you-and-you-broke-my freaking-heart-you-bastard STARS
WARNING: This review contains pain, swearing, tears and LOTS of GIFs...

description

A woman who needs everything and a man that he thinks that he has nothing to give. Will they have their HEA?

description

This book represents love in the 00's. Relationships have changed. As the women gained independence, they became determined not to take any bullshit from men. But sometimes there is more between them, than a sperm and an egg to fertilize. And the m
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
DNF at 50 %. I will refrain from rating this book.

Photobucket

Although I was looking forward to reading The Proposition, I ended up disappointed once again. Sadly, the book could not live up to my high expectations.

What did not work for me
I was aware that The Proposition dealt with Em’s ticking biological clock. In addition, I was also aware of the fact that it was not quite believable. Yet I was sure that I could have dealt with it. Having said this, there are just too many issues that ruined the book for
Jill

Emma Harrison is pushing thirty and desperate to have a baby. With no partner, she has made an arrangement with her gay best friend, Connor to be her sperm donor. But Connor's partner is not in favour of the idea, and Connor reneges.

Aidan Fitzgerald, renowned for his screw-em-and-leave-em policy where women are concerned, works in marketing at the same firm as Emma. When Aidan finds out that she is wanting to conceive, he graciously offers his services as stud.

So, what did I like abou
Rachel (BAVR)
Kim Person
When I found out that Katie was going to provide me the ARC of The Proposition I was like......

This is the story of Emma & Aidan. Emma's a kind hearted, sweet, and strong as hell woman and I loved her character! She has been through some very rough times in the past 5 years and all she wants is a baby! She is desperate to have a baby and have a "family" of her own .....someone to love her! Well after her best friend since middle school Connor backs out of "donating" to the cause Emma is not
Michelle Valentine
Um, WOW!! Aidan is all the things I love.

COCKY
SEXY
SEX-GOD
HEART OF GOLD

description

I devoured this novel. It was so, so good! It was emotional and steamy. Gah!! Katie weaves erotic magic in this book.

This is a must read!!!
Debra

★★★★ 4 stars!

This book has been on my TBR for over a year and I'm so glad I finally decided to give it a try! It was fun, engaging, steamy, original and at times, hilarious. Once I started it, I could not put it down until I knew how it would end and well, after that ending I immediately had to start The Proposal. The fact that the MC's where in their thirties and trying to conceive gave them a more mature feel and the content was a nice change from the usual twenty something/college main charac
Becs
This is quite simply a fantastic debut novel by Katie Ashley. If love, laughter and passion are the hallmarks of a truly great romance, then The Proposition ticks every box. With a central duo to really believe in and cherish and also to despair with, a great host of secondary characters that are well crafted and feel real and an intriguing premise for a plot, this is quite the accomplished debut and Katie Ashley has proved herself a consummate storyteller. It’s very engaging and captivating; it ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Here’s my proposition. I offer to father your child, and you in turn, promise to conceive it with me naturally.”

Just when I thought another romance novel couldn’t possibly surprise me - Ladies and Gentlemen, lo and behold, The Proposition!! A perfect ratio of sweet and romantic, a super-sized amount of scorching hot lovin’ and convincing sexual chemistry, with just a dash of angst, this is the perfect recipe for the type of story that will please anyone looking for a book to curl up with and
Alexis *RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!*
Spoiler Free Review
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Love love loved this book!!!

TICK
TOCK
TICK
TOCK
That's the sound of Emma's biological clock.

Emma Harrison is approaching her 30th birthday and wants nothing more in this world than to have a family. Unfortunately she is not currently dating anyone. Finding a good man to marry and procreate with may take years. But it only takes 9 months to have a baby via the sperm bank. Emma realizes that she may not have the man of her dreams yet; but
Elle (Ligia)
[This review will be gif-filled in honor of Katie, my fellow Gif whore. And yes, I’m talking about the author. By the way, thank you Katie for the ARC!]

Holy mother!

If you asked me what I thought of The Proposition, that’s what I would say. Okay, no. Maybe I would say something way stronger, but on the off chance that there are kids reading this I won’t say it. And by the way, if you’re a kid, don’t read this.

Where shall I begin?

Emma Harrison wants a family and she wants it now. Tired of waiting
Emily Snow
This book? This book was fan-freaking-tastic.

description

I was lucky enough to read an ARC of The Proposition, and WOW-WOW-WEE-WOW! Katie’s been one of my crit partners for a few years, but DAMN she can write romance. I fell in love with this book, and I bet you will, too. Here’s why:

1.The plot is damn good. Basically you have a strong, smart, and likeable heroine who wants a baby and a sexy, irritating, and irresistible hero who’s willing to give her one—if they can conceive the old fashion way. Um, yes, p
Kristen Proby
This book is FANTASTIC! I absolutely love the premise, and let's be honest, I absolutely LOVE Aidan. Hello, hot stuff. He's sexy. He's confident. He knows his way around a woman's body. And it's an absolute delight to watch him fall (reluctantly) in love with our Emma.

There are so many wonderful, tender moments between these two characters. Aidan can be sweet. But I love how Ms. Ashley shows us that he's human and he can be an ass too. He's believable.

And have I mentioned that he's sexy? Yowza.
Smitten's Book Blog

What?! Whaaaaat?! You have got to be kidding me?! Ok, once again, my lack of research before diving, blind, into a book, gets the better of me. I did not know there was a second book and that this did not end in a HEA. And now I have to wait until March! MARCH!!! To find out what happens. Gah, torture!

However, that aside, I loved The Proposition. It was original, emotional, sweet, steamy, well paced, witty, fantastically written... just brilliant!

"Is this one of those contracts like in that kin
Duchess Nicole
When I read the blurb for this, I expected a fairly erotic little romance. And it was, for sure. But there was a lot more depth to it than I was prepared for.

The setup...the Proposition...takes place fairly quickly. Emma is an almost thirty year old woman with no romantic prospects. She's fairly successful financially. But she's alone in the world family wise, after her Mom passes away. She's also VERY innocent. Not virginal, but the woman has only slept with one man in her life, her fiancee, w
Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
Put book down at 20% to revisit at a later date.

I've put this book down for the time being. I'm having a very difficult time with Emma's over-the-top need to have a baby. The fact she feels her biological clock is "clanking" not just ticking at such a young age (she's not even 30 yet) is too much for me. For some reason, and I'm not sure why, I'm not emotionally able to move pass her desperate behavior and enjoy the rest of the story.
My dear Katie Ashley,
I ask with love, what the f*ck was that? I'm a little angry at you for the ending, but if I'm being honest I'm really still angry with Aidan. I don't know how I'm going to wait till March! Anyhow, let's talk about this book of yours I just finished....
Holy hell I feel like my heart aches and my gut is just now settling down. Emotions. A good book is one that makes you experience many of them from laughing out loud to gut wrenching sadness and dissapointment. I experienced t
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeOrxBbysb_zps0163628c.gif
FREE on Amazon US today (10/29/2014)

BLURB:

Resident company womanizer, Aidan Fitzgerald, is used to always getting what he wants, especial
April
Before you read this I want to say sorry in advance for the rant below.

If I had to use one word that would describe this book then it would have to be predictable or unrealistic.

First of all, if Aiden was really a player who never wants to be tied down, he would have never agree to have a child with a women he would have to see day in and day out at work! That in itself would be to much of a commitment for him, because he would have to see her all the time, and in turn, ask about the baby.

Sec
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Ohmygod. OH.MY.GOD. I loved the CRAP out of The Proposition by Katie Ashley. It fits right in with the books I love to love. Why? Because I sat there with a stupid grin on my face the whole time I read it.

Add to that some laughing, a few choked up moments, and a "No Fucking Way! I'm gonna toss my phone and cut his balls off" and you've got a great book. But I must warn you....it ends in a cliffhanger, and the sequel will be out in J
Kelli Maine
Here's a secret...Katie Ashley knows how to write from the male point of view. Aidan Fitzgerald is an absolute FAVORITE fictional man of mine. He's cocky and funny as hell and has a big heart that he hides behind his reluctance to commit.

Emma's a nice, good girl, but she's no push over. Aidan's in for a big wake up call with this woman and the thing is, he knows he's in over his head but can't help himself.

My heart melted reading along as these two fell in love. NOW I just have to wait for the
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
4.5 Stars!

The flow of the conversation between them is so natural and nice and it just feels right!
It was like reading a nice movie.. The characters were great in this novel.

Aidan, Love the name ;) HOT as hell, sweet without knowing it and a pure breed asshole.
Emma, Lovely girl! Love her family and her crazy best friends!

I really enjoyed the book, looking forward to the next one :D
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Loved it!!!! This book was excellent. I felt every emotion while reading it. I didn't like the ending however I am glad I had the next book on hand.
Roksana
Jen
OMG!!! What an awesome book!!! Katie you totally rock!!! I just finished reading and this book has me in such an emotional headspin right now, I don't know whether I'm coming or going!!! My family think I'm nuts because I have been yelling at my Kindle and then at the end of the book, I was yelling "NO!!!,it can't be finished!!!" I seriously NEED to know what is going to happen and quickly!!*Looks at Katie, hint hint*
This book begins with Emma, who is a woman that has had some really emotional h
Marina
“Have you ever wanted something so bad you think you’d die if you don’t have it? That the mere thought of it keeps you up at night. You can’t sleep, you can’t eat, you can’t drink. You are so consumed by that desire nothing else matters, and you’re not sure life is worth living if you can’t have it.”

There is this woman. Emma.
Joyous and full of life, but with strong moments of loss bearing on her shoulders not very far in her past. A most amazingly funny woman, but with an intense need gnawi
Riley Gray
Wow, what a steamy but romantic book.

Katie Ashley will have you swooning, yelling, laughing, crying all in one book. The love interest is hot but at the same time attainable. He's not this massive billionnaire mogul, which seems to be all of the rage. He does well for himself. He has his own money and works hard, but it's a normal kind of career. And the main character, Emma, is very human and real. She's not this perfect virgin who is confident and wonderful at everything. Both are flawed, but
Awilk -never sleeps-
A quick, fun read. I'm not a great lover of straight contemporary romance, but this story was a lot of fun. I read this in one day in between doing some housework and gardening. Everytime I stopped I grabbed my kindle and read a few chapters, and before I knew it I was at the end.
The two main characters were well written, but I would have liked a bit more back story on Aiden. I don't understand why he behaved the way he did. Hopefully I will get some more answers in the next book, which I will b
Pregnancy romance book!? 12 305 Dec 06, 2013 10:12PM
Books like this 2 86 Nov 07, 2013 10:52AM
Books like this 1 52 Aug 29, 2013 03:30PM
GIVEAWAYS!!!! 1 39 Mar 27, 2013 06:24AM
Early Reviewers Wanted/Need! :) 23 284 Dec 09, 2012 11:29AM
  • Fight with Me (With Me in Seattle, #2)
  • Beauty from Pain (Beauty, #1)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Accidentally on Purpose, #1)
  • Be My Baby (Baby Lite, #3)
  • Own the Wind (Chaos, #1)
  • Disastrous (Disastrous, #1)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1)
  • Edible (Exquisite, #3)
  • Mile High (Up in the Air, #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Rock the Band (Black Falcon, #1.5)
  • Risking Fate (Mitchell Family, #4)
  • Love Left Behind
  • Avoiding Responsibility (Avoiding, #2)
  • Truth (Consequences, #2)
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
  • Checkmate (Neighbor from Hell, #3)
Katie Ashley is a New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon Best-Selling author. She lives outside of Atlanta, Georgia with her two very spoiled dogs. She has a slight obsession with Pinterest, The Golden Girls, Harry Potter, Shakespeare, Supernatural, Designing Women, and Scooby-Doo.

With a BA in English, a BS in Secondary English Education, and a Masters in Adolescent English Education, she spent 11
More about Katie Ashley...
The Proposal (The Proposition, #2) Music of the Heart (Runaway Train, #1) Beat of the Heart (Runaway Train, #2) The Party (The Proposition, #0.5) Music of the Soul (Runaway Train, #2.5)

“Emma pursed her lips thoughtfully. “Okay, here’s a really bad analogy for you. Aidan is like the Indy 500 of Sex, and I need someone who is more—”

“Bumper cars?” Casey asked.

“I was going to say the slow lane, smartass.”
86 likes
“Is this one of those contracts like in that kinky book where we outline what we're willing to do or not do during sex? Like our hard limits and safe words?” 67 likes