More Than Friends (More #1)
read book

More Than Friends (More #1)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Jeni Acerna is a twenty-eight year old woman, whose longstanding sexual relationship with her best friend, Brian Hamilton, has been both blissful and troublesome. She has been unable to commit herself to another relationship because no one can compare to Brian in or out of bed. She has been in lust (and love) with him for years. But she is afraid to tread down the romantic...more
ebook
Published November 15th 2012 by Cobblestone Press

Sheri
This was a fun, sexy short story. Jeni and Brian have been friends forever, and while their relationship has been more than that of friends, they have always kept a bit of distance between them, afraid to take the next step for fear of losing what they have.

I love Jeni and Brian together! Their interaction with each other and responses to each other was perfect, and the chemistry between them was sizzling. It was just enough to make you want more!

I received this book free in exchange for an hon...more
Chris' Book Blog Emporium
Received a copy from Author for an Honest Review

Wow hot, hot , hot , sex, sex ,sex ..... For a short read this was a hot steamy great read. Jessica Jayne’s erotica novella is a story I would recommend.

Liz
Jan 25, 2013 Liz rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: romance
I love best friends to lovers relationships.. So obviously this was an easy pick for me. This one was a bit different though in that they just hook up whenever they get together and are really great friends. So it is not the typically i have been your best friend forever, and now I want to have sex.. ha ha..
So I loved their chemistry, sex scenes and sexual tension was great.. And of course I want to see where the story goes from here, I would love for a sequel and am curious to know how this re...more
Sara
I gotta say that for a short book it sure packed a punch. I loved the relationship Ben and Jeni had. Their history, experiences. They have such an insane attraction, lust, and friendship that is explosive when they are together. They just make sense. But being friends with benefits is where they've been happy at. But one of them is finally ready to take it to the next level. Guess who it is? In the meantime, they sure can steam up my iPad!
Annmarie
Such a great little story! Short little novella, easy reading all in one sitting. Good story line, nice characterizations. Smooth prose. Perfect balance of smexiness vs story.

Now for the good stuff...

Loved Loved Loved the story line. Friends with benefits has always been one of those situations you fantasize about but is definitely the unattainable in the real world, but then again, we don't all live in the real world now do we? I know I don't. In my world, book boyfriends are real and so are am...more
Lisa
3.5 “Challenge” Kisses

There are certain occasions when you just need a short, sweet, hot read. You just do – not that I don’t love getting lost in a long novel for hours, seeing the characters develop, the plot get laid out, there is nothing wrong with those kinds of books. But every now and then just a few pages of two people with a lot of history and chemistry is just what I need to put a smile on my face – and that’s what More Than Friends did for me.

When I say it’s a quick read, I mean it...more
Liz at Fictional Candy
More Than Friends was the most fun I’ve had in under 50 pages in a while. I love these stories where the person you are meant to be with forever is actually the person who has been there the whole time.

Jeni and Brian have been friends forever, since they were children. Now he is in Ohio and she is in Florida, and her best friend is getting married. Unfortunately for Jeni, she’s just broken up with another man, and has no date. Good thing she always has Brian.

Jeni and Brian’s history has been s...more
Jody
More Than Friends features another of my favorite themes with its friends with benefits storyline. This allows for lots of steamy interludes that burned up the pages. This theme also allows for a relationship to be previously established and easily accepted as their life-long closeness is referenced throughout the story and the evolution into something more substantial becomes something you root for.

Jeni and Brian's interactions are combustible and the sexual tension between them permeates the p...more
Stephanie
Original Post 4/28/2013 includes author Guest Post and a Bewitching Book Tours Tour-Wide Giveaway:

This is an exciting short with plenty of action between the couple. It's pretty clear how it's going to go and how it will end up. But the ride is a lot of fun and if the dialogue is a bit wooden I will chalk it up to trying to fit a story into so few words. Short format erotica limits a lot: character development and story arcs but it does provide a lot of "b...more
Tasha Blackstone
When I first sat down to read Jeni and Brian's story, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've read a few 'friends with benefits' stories before and was always disappointed in the lack of actual love or romance. Jessica Jayne, however, did NOT disappoint. I found the characters to be believable, their relationship to be one that I rooted for and the passion between them was more than purely physical. I would recommend More Than Friends and was happy for the chance to review it. If I had one complaint,...more
Yvonne
This is a short "friends with benefits" story. It has romance, sex and friendship all rolled up into one story. It's definitely fast-paced and can be read in one sitting. In fact, it can be read in an hour - it's only 14,000 words. The romance and sex scenes scorch each page and is more than just steamy. They practically sizzle! I loved the characters, but my one complaint is that it's not longer. I found myself wanting more. I wanted to know more about the characters. It wasn't enough for me, b...more
Samantha Martin
More Than Friends is a passionate and sensual tale about being more than just friends. The chemistry between Brian and Jeni is scorching. Friends with benefits is everyone’s dream, but for Brian and Jeni that dream is a reality. Through everything that life throws at them, they are there for each other. The good, the bad, and the crazy! Can they make a real relationship work? Sometimes true love is standing right in front of you.

Jessica Jayne arouses the reader with her passionate writing and ro...more
Heather
Apr 18, 2013 Heather rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
This is a swift, sexy and entertaining tale about two childhood friends that can’t seem to keep their clothes on when they are together. The author put just enough humor into the story to keep it light and passionate. Given the length of the story it would seem difficult to create solid characters but, the author succeeded -- both Jeni and Brian personalities stood out in this character centric story.

I want to praise the author on her ability to write passionate moments between the main charact...more
Chloe Lewis
Jeni and Brian are best friends since they were little. They had a friend with benefits relationship during their high school and college years, not until they grew apart and goes separate ways. But then Jeni decided to go back for her friends wedding. Brian and Jeni had to admit that it is hard to avoid their physical attraction with one another but they also know that it could be more, the only thing is they don't want to risk anything.

I love this freakin' book and just made my June perfectly...more
Bette Miller
This is a short read, but as a mother of small children, I don't always have a lot of time to invest in stories. So for me, the shortness of this book was not a problem, especially given the HOT-ness of it! Holy crap! The sex in this book is off the charts! Jeni and Brian's attraction to each other is incredible. And the fact that they have known each other for their entire lives adds to the excitement of it all. This isn't a one-night stand. This isn't two people that just met. This is two peo...more
Nancy
This is a sexy story about friends that are also hot for each other but are afraid to lose what they have by even talking about turning their relationship into an exclusive one. It just needs one of them to take the chance to ask for what they both really want.
I liked the characters but preferred Brian over Jeni. I did find their situation and relationship a bit strange and frustrating but I'm pretty sure that was the whole point.
Spoiler...this is more of a HFN story. I think an epilogue would h...more
Erzabet Bishop
Oh, this was a short and spicy read! When you have two friends with benefits like Jeni and Brian, things are bound to turn serious. I loved the wager between them and the hot, hot, hot lead up to the final explosion. Will they turn up in bed together? Who will lose their shirt along with their money? I'll never tell. Let's just say this is going to be a weekend to remember and you should totally have a handy glass of ice water close by during your lunch break if you are reading this little jewel...more
Alison Phillips
Loved this book and first when I rated it I gave it 4 stars as it was a little too short for me even as a novella, but now knowing there is hopefully another book on it's way I bumped it up to 5 stars...can't wait for more of theses two love birds..Their chemistry was off the charts:)
Jen
This was actually a really great read! I knew when I started this book that it would be short in length, but it didn't seem that way while reading. The characters were great, as was the setting, plot and sex. I highly recommend! Looking forward to book 2
Michelle Osborne
Very good Erotic Book. Very short story.
I would of liked to read the story of Jeni and Brian when they first meet in High School when they first started their Sexual attraction.
Good short story, but felt it was rushed at the end......
Ginette
Very short read but this author knows how to make it work. It doesn't take a lot of pages to pull in a reader & to make a good story, it takes someone that knows how to use her words......this author knows how.
Diana
Great friends-to-lovers story! I wish it was a bit longer and continued on with their relationship. You could easily read this entire book in less than an hour.
Barbara
It was hot, but a little predictable and way too short (especially for the price on Amazon)!
Mayas
I so related to this story. I do believe many people will. Wonderful spicy book.
Katy
Wish it was longer!! Would love to read more about Jeni & Brian.
Jill
Jul 15, 2013 Jill rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebook
Great story, love this couple!
Amanda
Short but good
T.
I won this 40+ page novella as a prize. The story was fairly formulaic: two friends with bennies that spend most of their time, predictably, in the sack, The sex was spicy, and sometimes fun, but there was nothing plot-wise beyond whether they want to make a try at a real relationship or preserve their friendship by keeping a little emotional distance. The writing was fine, sometimes a little repetitious (the author could use a book of synonyms to change up her word choices) but a good read. I w...more
Anna
Short, sexy and sweet. Nothing to love but nothing to hate about it either.
Beta Reader Group: Beta Readers Needed - Erotic Romance 3 48 Jan 25, 2013 10:09AM
  • Summer Heat (Beach Reads, #1)
  • Plus One
  • Falling for Trouble
  • My Mr. Manny
  • Collared for a Night  (Rocky Mountain Shifters, #1)
  • Late Night With Andres
  • Tasting the Forbidden: A Mayhem Erotica Anthology
  • Sophie's Sweet Temptation (Sweet Temptations #1)
  • Kissing Fire (Edge, #3)
  • Meant for Her
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Bait (Order of the Spirit Realm #1)
  • Slick as Ides
  • Window
  • Code Red
  • Caged Heat (Black Meadow Pack, #2)
  • Spin Devil (Devilish Games, #1)
  • In Chains (In Chains #1)
Jessica is a born and raised small town Ohio girl, who moved to the Sunshine State after graduating from college. She graduated from college with a bachelor's degree in English. What college major could possibly be better than one that makes you read novels and write about them! Now she is thrilled to be able to share all the stories floating around in her head!

Jessica loves to travel and travel...more
More about Jessica Jayne...
In Flames Board Stiff (Taking Advantage #1) Board Approved (Taking Advantage #2) Alpha's Claim Anthology

“I never realize how much I miss you until I see you again,” he
whispered in her ear.”
5 likes
“You know me too well, Jeni,” he said. “I’m always up for a
challenge. I’ve got you on this one! You’ll be begging me to fuck you well
before that twenty-four-hour period is over. Keep the money in your bra.
I’ll find it!”