Start by marking “The Skeleton Key (Pandora English, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Skeleton Key (Pandora English, #3)

The Skeleton Key (Pandora English #3)

In the third Pandora English mystery, Pandora is still negotiating her double life as a lowly assistant at a New York fashion magazine with the reality that she has great supernatural powers and responsibilities.

With the full moon set to rise once again, Pandora has a very special date looming. Her beautiful spirit guide, Civil War soldier Lieutenant Luke, will be a flesh-
Published December 1st 2012 by Pan Macmillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about The Skeleton Key, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Skeleton Key

S.J.B. Gilmour
Nov 26, 2012 S.J.B. Gilmour rated it it was amazing
You know how with some series, you start to lose interest after a while? With Tara Moss' Pandora English series, I found it's the opposite. The Skeleton Key, the third installment of the series, has more to offer than the first two, and that's saying something because the first two were a blast.

The plot is more detailed, there's more intrigue and action, and the main character -- young Miss Pandora English -- is more, well... ...blooded. The bad guys are nastier, the danger is greater, and our h
Scott Roberts
I really enjoyed the story plot. The Book Cover is very appealing. I give this book 5 stars.
Shaheen
Jan 11, 2013 Shaheen rated it really liked it
Shelves: pammacau
The third Pandora English novel is just as quirky and fun as the previous books, filled with humour, action and ZOMBIES! The Skeleton Key follows Pandora as she uses the special key to unlock the secrets of her great aunt’s house and the creepy suburb of Spektor. And my, what she finds is definitely creepy!

One of my favourite things about the series is Pandora, because she’s so familiar and relatable, without the ‘endearing’ traits of having low self-esteem or bad coordination. She has to make a
Tara Calaby
Sep 23, 2015 Tara Calaby rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Buffy fans
When I received The Skeleton Key in the mail, I wasn't sure it would be my kind of book. I'm a bit (okay, a lot) over paranormal romance at the moment, so I was worried that I might find myself wading through just the kind of novel I'm avoiding right now. As it turned out, I really needn't have worried. There's a hint of romance here, but the emphasis is strongly on the paranormal, and the book as a whole is much more Buffy than Twilight. I actually recommend it strongly to Buffy fans, because P ...more
Tracey
This is the third book in the series and I just do not know whether I will continue or not. I thought after the second novel that things would pick up but I just found this novel heading in the same direction. I have to admit it I was disappointed and I cannot identify just why I did not really get into this novel.
We again have Pandora facing down an end of the world type scenario and again she tries to resolve the situation with little or no information about what was is going on. Pandora is b
Helensvale Library
Jan 03, 2013 Helensvale Library rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, sam
I think Tara Moss must have had a ton of fun writing this novel. Her cheeky, wry witting style will take you on an epic journey full of mystery and fun. The Skeleton Key has a plot with more detail than the first two books in the series - this third book has more action, more suspense and more trickery. The Pandora series is not the typical paranormal romance because its focus is foremost on the paranormal rather than the romance. There are certainly genuinely creepy scenes with black magic, ...more
Kerrie
Dec 16, 2012 Kerrie rated it liked it
High 3.5 stars

This is the third Novel in the Pandora English series. After defeating the Spider Goddess, Pandora finally gets told what it means to be the Seventh- it involves standing between the dead that want to rule the world and us mortals who inhabit it. Unfortunately, she doesn't know exactly "how" she's meant to stop this from happening. It also involves having powerful supernatural beings naturally seeking her out- oh joy!

I liked seeing Pandora's powers emerge. With this book I felt lik
Sally906
Jan 08, 2013 Sally906 rated it liked it
The third in the Pandora English series, it didn’t quite grab me as much as the first two, but I can’t put my finger on why. However, it was still VERY enjoyable to read. Picking up from when ‘The Spider Goddess’ finishes off Pandora is still trying to understand what exactly her role as ‘The Seventh’ is going to be in the upcoming battle between the dead and living. Everyone in the hidden paranormal world of New York seems to expect her to save the world with her wonderful gifts – but they are ...more
Louisa
Dec 03, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
I love this instalment of Pandora English. I started to read it and 3 hours later i was finished. The storyline reels you in and hooks you, just could not put it down.
Spektor revels more secrets and Pandora learns more about being the 7th.
Pandora goes on a real date with Luke for the first time and Jay her first date in New York re-enters the picture still suffering amnesia from his encounter with the Blood Countess in the first book.
Can't wait for the next book
Danai Keir
Jan 05, 2013 Danai Keir rated it it was amazing
I have no words. The Pandora series just seems to go from strength to strength. Surprises and twists from every corner. It's no wonder I normally finish these in a day or two. I can never put then down.
Katie
Jan 06, 2016 Katie rated it it was amazing
This series is fabulous and fun. This instalment had Matilda Reid as the narrator and I loved her. I cannot wait for the next Pandora English to be released and the audiobook format.
Alison Dance
Aug 10, 2013 Alison Dance rated it it was ok
Very repetitive as though actual paragraphs were copied and pasted from previous books, a too quick and easy ending.
Antoinette Buchanan
I enjoyed this series far more than I expected and am a little disappointed there are no more at this stage.
Keira
Sep 24, 2013 Keira rated it really liked it
When I first bought this book after reading the first two in the series, I didn't know what to expect. As in, I didn't know what the story would be. The Blood Countess is obviously about vampires, and The Spider Goddess is clearly about some kind of arachnid nasty. Pandora had received the key in the last novel, so this book was clearly going to be about exploring the house, but the title offers no clues as to which supernatural adversary Pandora would combat this time (or does it?).

I found some
Tsana Dolichva
Dec 15, 2013 Tsana Dolichva rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Skeleton Key by Tara Moss is the third Pandora English novel. I have previously read and reviewed (and enjoyed!) the first two books, The Blood Countess and The Spider Goddess. This review has only very minor spoilers for the earlier books.

It's been more than a year since I read the first two books, so I may be misremembering, but I think The Skeleton Key is a little darker than its predecessors. The gist of it is much the same — Pandora dealing with New York, her fashion job, and weird supe
Tsana Dolichva
Dec 15, 2013 Tsana Dolichva rated it really liked it

Tez
Dec 15, 2012 Tez rated it really liked it
Finally, Pandora magazine's editorial assistant Pandora English goes underground in 1 Addams Avenue to the basement, where architect and psychical researcher Dr Edmund Barrett kept his lab. Unfortunately, it seems more stereotypical of laboratories in horror films rather than the in-depth research for which the author is renowned. The metal chair becomes important, though. And good news: Pandora meets the doctor himself. Bad news: he's not alone. A dark spirit is attached to him as a "passenger" ...more
Novels On The Run
Jan 09, 2013 Novels On The Run rated it really liked it
MARISSA'S REVIEW:

Back again with Pandora English in the third book of the series by Tara Moss.

In The Skeleton Key we get to see more events take place and a great "end of world" saga that brings with it, finally, the opportunity for Pandora to use her skill as the Seventh! It's taken up to book 3 and a whole lot of vague answers from Deus, Lt. Luke & Great-Aunt Celia for Pandora to know one of her Seventh abilities is that of a necromancer.

What do I love about The Skeleton Key? It's got ZOM
Marissa Novels On The Run
Jan 09, 2013 Marissa Novels On The Run rated it really liked it
Back again with Pandora English in the third book of the series by Tara Moss.

What do I love about The Skeleton Key? It's got ZOMBIES!! If only fo
Jacqueline King
Dec 29, 2015 Jacqueline King rated it really liked it
Okay, lots to say.

First of all, I thought this book started incredibly slow. At times, I found myself skipping small paragraphs which I hardly ever do, and certainly never do to a Tara Moss book. Her Makadde Vanderwall series will remain one of my all time favourites, and I guess I long for the gritty, edgy writing of before. Not to say this book was bad. On the contrary, about a third into the book it suddenly picked up, moving along at an enjoyable pace. The return of Jay Rockwell (chivalry re
Jacinta Marshall
Jan 06, 2014 Jacinta Marshall rated it really liked it
I had been drawn to Tara Moss for a couple of reasons.
1) She has a great reputation in the market,
2) My sister raves over her crime fiction

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find the Pandora English novels within her published works.

I love the research into New York, the fashion (especially from the mid 1900's) and the fashion industry.

I would have liked to have known more about Pandora though. What exactly does it mean to be the "Seventh". Of course we all know the mythology, however I
Bron
I'm not really sure this book was worth listening to, I certainly would have given up if I was reading it. As I was listening to the audio- book I didn't keep track of the chapters, however, I found the start to the book very slow, with what must have been the first quarter re-hashing what had happened in the first two books of the series. This book also made me feel that Pandora was very shallow, she was quite happy with her ghost boyfriend while also chasing after Jay Rockwell. Unless you have ...more
Cherie
Mar 08, 2013 Cherie rated it liked it
I really enjoy the Pandora English books and this was no exception. While most of the books I read have a paranormal element, they usually have some hard hitting, rough, scantily clad heroine. Of course I don't mind that at all, but I do love the way Pandora is different to this.

Pandora is always so polite and well dressed while dealing with the most bizarre situations.

If you are planning on reading this book, make sure you read the other books in the series first so you get all of the backgroun
Gemma
Aug 11, 2013 Gemma rated it really liked it
Not having read any of the other Pandora English books before, I was skeptical whether I would enjoy this book, particularly about her ghostly date with Lt. Luke in the beginning. I enjoy the supernatural and fantasy genre so I continued on, and also I dislike starting a story, and not finishing it.

However as the book progressed, I really enjoyed the character of Pandora, her Great Aunt Cecilia and was intrigued as to the backstory of the characters. Once the pace of the story quickened, I could
Melly M
Jun 06, 2015 Melly M rated it it was ok
I keep reading this series because I like the theme and the easiness of each book. However, I am starting to get annoyed that this book is the third of the series and even halfway through, Tara Moss is still explaining certain things that happened in book one, or character charistics etc. I think it would be best to assume the readers have this knowledge of characters and the like by book 3, and move on with new plot themes. Stop going indepth with explanations that belong in the first book of a ...more
Balthazar Lawson
Nov 26, 2012 Balthazar Lawson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third in the Pandora English and picks up not long after the previous book. Pandora is plunged deeper into the mysteries that make up her life. But there is so much that is not explained and at this rate it will be half dozen books before many of them will be answered. This is one of the frustrations with this book.

However, as much as this is an enjoyable read, it's a bit light on and lacks real depth. It's not a complex story and is easy to read and straight forward.
Xanthi
Sep 21, 2013 Xanthi rated it liked it
For what it is - a supernaturally themed novel for teens - this book is entertaining and avoids falling into all sorts of levels of 'Twilight' inspired stupidity. The main character is easy to like, the settings creepy, the characters colourful. Sure, you have to suspend disbelief a few times, especially in the 'mass amnesia' stuff that goes on towards the end of the book, but this is a YA novel and not high literature.
Looking forward to another installment in this series.
Lisa
May 23, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Still great but definitely my least favorite of the three. I was excited for Pandora to explore the house, but it didn't go as in depth as I hoped. The scenes with the stranger were quite unnerving; and I'm so glad that Jay ended up being quite the important character. I would have loved more Barrett backstory.
Natasha
Oct 09, 2013 Natasha rated it liked it
Liked the story line....thought it could have done with a little more intrigue but all in all this was a good series. Would of been nice to read a bit more about what becomes of Pandora and Luke and Jay and the interesting little love triangle she has going on there. All in all though it was an easy read.
Betty
Jun 15, 2016 Betty rated it it was amazing
Fun, fun, fun...great series. This particular book in the serious was even more fun...really creative. I love thee way this author gives a fun, easy beat to the writing...just terrific! I'm not a spoiler, so I leave it at that, but very highly recommend for those looking for a fun supernatural read.
  • The Business of Death (Death Works Trilogy, #1-3)
  • The Year's Best Australian Fantasy and Horror 2011
  • Power and Majesty (Creature Court, #1)
  • The Wicked Wood (Tales from the Tower, #2)
  • Goddess
  • Winter's Light (Winter Saga, #2)
  • Lucien (Silvermay, #3)
  • Votive (Curse of the Bond Rider #2)
  • The Disappearance of Ember Crow (The Tribe #2)
  • Small Shen
  • Raelia (The Medoran Chronicles, #2)
  • The Veil of Gold
  • One Small Step: An Anthology of Discoveries
  • Sharp Shooter (Tara Sharp, #1)
  • Angel Arias (Night Creatures, #2)
  • Fearsome Magics
  • The Female Factory (Twelve Planets book 11)
  • Tales from the Half-Continent (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3.5)
207498
Tara Moss is an author, journalist, TV presenter and human rights advocate. Since 1999 she has written 10 bestselling books, published in 19 countries and 13 languages, including the acclaimed Mak Vanderwall crime fiction series and the Pandora English series. Her first non-fiction book, the critically acclaimed The Fictional Woman, was published in 2014 and became a number one national ...more
More about Tara Moss...

Pandora English (4 books)
  • The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1)
  • The Spider Goddess (Pandora English, #2)
  • The Cobra Queen (Pandora English, #4)