Start by marking “Why One Way?” as Want to Read:
Why One Way?

Why One Way?

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  10 reviews
A concise guide to understanding how and why the ancient Christian faith makes sense for today and a blueprint for communicating truth to a "truthless" and cynical generation.The book is centered around 6 key principles: objectivity, rationality, veracity, authority, incompatibility and integrity. In the ultimate apologetic, John MacArthur presents a case for Christianity ...more
Published March 5th 2002 by W Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Why One Way?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Why One Way?

Jon
An extremely short, but sweet book. And by sweet I mean that the content of this book was a hammer of truth to the head. MacArthur is bold and refreshingly relentless. Although this book is over ten years old, it contains a message that our generation still needs to hear. The subtitle to the book is most fitting: "Defending an exclusive claim in an inclusive world." This book has challenged me to be more bold in my thoughts and words.

To sum up the tone of this book, I provide this provocative y
With all of the many religions in the world today, why is it that Christians claim that they have direct access to truth? Why do they claim that their way is the one way?

In this book, John MacArthur explains how our culture has become one which denies not just the truth claims of Christianity, but the idea that there is such a thing as truth – and that it can be known by individuals. He then goes on to emphasize the importance of the Christian presentation of truth – and of presenting it as trut
Richard Minor
Scripture unequivocally states that there is only one way to God. That seems strange for people in our culture to hear. It seems utterly ridiculous. That is why I believe this book is so important for Christians today.

My assessment is that this is a very small, yet important book for believers in our culture. It is a defense of the exclusivity of Christ and His Word in the midst of a culture that thinks the idea is utterly ridiculous.
Julie Reed
A good, quick little read about postmodernism and how it relates (or, does NOT relate) to our exclusive Christian claims. A good reminder of what it means to be a Christian. The book outlines 6 principles on which Christianity stands and warns us that today's postmodern culture is infiltrating evangelical Christians everywhere. We can't be afraid to make truth claims in a culture that stands against absolute truth.
Matt Jones
A quick read detailing a pastor's perspective on bible truth versus post-modern tolerance, Why One Way gives a biblical answer to 'does it matter what you believe?'.

Its miniature format doesn't deal with the relative importance of various doctrines, only that 1) the Bible is wholly inspired and without error, and 2) its claims of exclusivity should be taken seriously.
Kiara Pino

A brief explanation of how Christ's church differs from our current postmodern society. An easy start for those who are unfamiliar with postmodernism and it's effects on current popular ways of thinking.
Charles Ferguson
A short but great book that will open your eyes on how people think and why. Trust me, this is a very easy read that you will have been glad that you have read. A must for all!
High Pointe Baptist Church
The world hates the idea that Jesus is the only way to God, but this book unpacks how Scripture teaches this doctrine.
Seth Channell
Liked and agree with the thesis, but did not address an issue I was struggling with at the time.
Joe
Jul 06, 2009 Joe added it
Answers the poignant and penetrating question: How many ways to heaven? Good for proselytes to the Christian faith.
Nick
Nick added it
Nov 24, 2014
Bordercross
Bordercross marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Sara Kemp
Sara Kemp marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Mark Kennicott
Mark Kennicott marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
Alenid V
Alenid V marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Keri
Keri marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
John F. MacArthur, Jr. is a United States Reformed evangelical writer and minister, noted for his radio program entitled Grace to You and as the editor of the Gold Medallion Book Award winning MacArthur Study Bible. MacArthur is a fifth-generation pastor, a popular author and conference speaker and has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, and as ...more
More about John MacArthur...
Twelve Extraordinary Women: How God Shaped Women of the Bible, and What He Wants to Do with You Twelve Ordinary Men Slave: The Hidden Truth about Your Identity in Christ The Truth War: Fighting for Certainty in an Age of Deception Found: God's Will