Start by marking “Not Planning On You (Danvers, #2)” as Want to Read:
Not Planning On You (Danvers, #2)

Not Planning On You (Danvers #2)

4.05  ·  Rating Details ·  8,420 Ratings  ·  286 Reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of Weekends Required

A Danvers Novel

Suzy Denton thought she had it all: a great job as an event planner for Danvers International and a committed relationship to her high school sweetheart...

But now her life has gone to hell in a hand-basket. Not only did she discover her fiancé cheating, but a recent corporate merger is making her
Published February 5th 2013 by Signet (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Not Planning On You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Planning On You

Crista
Please don't be deterred by my three star rating! Not Planning on You was a fabulous book that I loved and can recommend. It simply lost a couple of stars because it contains one of my most hated plot lines!

(view spoiler)
Chryssa
OMG! I have no words to describe the feelings for a book already in my ALL TIME FAVOURITE!!!! What I thought I didn't find in book 1, I found a hundred times more in this book!
Playful, funny, smoking HOT, sexy, interesting, suspense-filled, touching, never boring... a real, REAL page turner! You just have to read one more chapter, a few more pages!!! I love this kind of books that make me sacrifice hours of sleep just to finish them! and what a worthy sacrifice this has been!!!
Sydney Landon's
Erin
May 29, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Weekends Required, so I was looking forward to Danver's #2. I always love that, with most romance series, we get to see the couple that had the HEA in the first book again. And Landon didn't disappoint, we got to see a lot of Jason and Claire, but there was also a great new story here that I thoroughly enjoyed!!

Not Planning on You is Suzy's story, and I adored her in Danvers #1 so I was very happy to dive into it! Suzy, having gone through the hear
Leigh
Nov 26, 2012 Leigh rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review can also be found at Under the Covers Book Blog

This was a hot, sweet, and good ride. It was a quick ride, but a good one, nonetheless. That said, it also had so many elements of what it so prominently selling right now – a book very similar in many ways to the Fifty Shades and Crossfire series. In some ways that was positive, and some ways, it was meh. But I’ll get back to that in a moment.

Not Planning on You begins with our heroine, Suzy, an event planner for Danvers International locate
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
What an awesome book. I am in love with Gray he is for sure my new book boyfriend. I must say he pissed me off a few times but he redeemed himself in the end. He is a good guy. Suzy was great and cracked me up at every turn. Now I am ready for Beth and Nick's book it is going to be epic.
Originally posted at The Book Nymphoicon AUDIOBOOK  icon hotmess  Icon TBR Jar  I've had NOT PLANNING ON YOU on my Nook for about 2 years. It got lost in my massive TBR pile. I finally decided to give it a go on audio.
The Story
I have to be honest, I zoned out a few times early into the story and I'm not 100% clear why Suzy, who wanted no kind of relationship with Gray, agreed to stay with him when she broke her ankle. It doesn't make sense to me and it's not believable. But I guess Sydney Landon had to throw these to characters to
Brandie
May 03, 2012 Brandie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having not been blown away by the first book in this series, I wasn't sure how I would feel about this next installment. But after seeing all of the rave reviews from my friends on Goodreads, I dove in to give it a shot. I had loved Suzy's character in the first book and wanted to read more about her. I was slow getting into it due to other reading distractions and had almost resigned myself to give up and try some other time. I am so glad I kept reading!

I am in love with Suzy and Gray (I just l
Kathy L
Jul 20, 2012 Kathy L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG!!! Sydney has done an amazing job on the second book of the series! I was hooked from day one. I laughed, cried and swooned through out the book. Gray and Suzy have an amazing chemistry and their desire for each other could not be denied. Their quick witted banter had you wanting more. Suzy Denton is the spunky, outspoken and wild dressing best friend of Claire's from Weekend's Required. She has a spirit that is like no other. When she first met Gray Merimon, she told he was a stuffed shirt ...more
Janet
May 06, 2012 Janet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh suzy ... I think that everybody should have a friend like her ... Suzanna(dont tell her that to her face because she'll correct you "it suzy") Is such a sassy, independent and very blunt kind of girl ... I <3 her so much ... Any way in the first book we meet Suzy and Greyson and since the first time he meets her he falls for her sassiness and her bluntness, but not all is easy for them they go through ups and down... Since the the beginning you want there love to over come there obstacles ...more
Gina
May 23, 2012 Gina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG! I can't believe I'm actually writing my first review. But I had to....this story was amazing. I loved the romance. I loved the heat between Gray and Suzy. I loved the humor. The families were so supportive. I loved seeing how Jason and Claire were doing, from the first book! This is a wonderful series to get lost in. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to see what happens next with Beth and Ella. Thank you Sydney for sharing your gift!
Bethany
May 03, 2012 Bethany rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smutty-books
I loved Not Planning on You. I liked it a lot more then Weekends Required. Suzy was always making me laugh with her one liners and quick wit. Beside a few times in which Gray made some really stupid choices, I loved him. He was sweet, tender, patient and damn sexy. The Danver’s series has been a pleasant surprise. I wish I could get my hands on the next book Falling in Love With Me now!
Maree
Sep 02, 2015 Maree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I so enjoyed this amazing, fun and most beautiful romance ever. After reading the first book from the series I so loved the character Suzi and Gray. Such a sweet and such a fun book to read now I just can't wait to now enjoy the third book. It's a winner this one!!
Jessica Alcazar
ok so with THIS book, Ms Landon did NOT get any better in her writing style for my taste, but the REAL problem with this book is that it was outrageously STUPID. I'll only give you one of the MANY examples: so suzy has to go get a hard cast put on her ankle. this is not a 5 minute operation, correct? even if you have NEVER broken a single bone in your body, you know THIS, correct? Weeell, Gray is so agitated with distress because he could not 'get a hold' of Suzy during said situation, that it f ...more
İlkim
Ne bitmez, sıkıcı, gereksiz bir kitaptı ya...
HÜLYA
Sep 14, 2015 HÜLYA rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
İlk roman daha çok hoşuma gitmişti..Ancak gereksiz yaşanan bir sıkıntı beni çok gerdi..Yazarı takip etmeye devam edeceğim..
Debbie Hanson
I think I loved this one more than book one in the Danvers series. We met Suzy Denton , in Weekend Required, Claire and Jason's story and I was pretty happy to see that Not Planning on You was going to Suzy and Gray's story.

Both had met briefly while having dinner with best friend Claire, but her encounter with Gray had him pinned as an up tight suit that wouldn't know fun if it kicked him in the bum. Little did Suzy know, Gray was definitely taken by her, and he would stop at nothing to have he
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick's review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

4.5 Stars

Not Planning on You is a great addition to the Danver’s series by Sydney Landon. I’ll admit I fell in love with Suzy (our heroine) in the first book in this series, Weekend’s Required. While I’m not the snappy dresser Suzy is, I’m pretty outspoken and I love how she just tells it like it is. What is fascinating is how the interest of a man who she thinks she has nothing in common leaves her perplexed. Nothing I like better than when
Kristy
I really liked the second book in this series as well, but I was a little disappointed that with Suzy. She was such a vibrant funny character in the first book. But in this book she sort of lost some of that spunk. In fact I found her very ordinary in this book. She didn't say a lot of the outrageous things she did in the first book hardly at all. That disappointed me. But I still really liked her and Gray's story. I was a little annoyed with Gray and how he handled everything concerning Reva. E ...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
This is the second book in Sydney Landon’s Danvers series and I liked it more than the first one. I think the two main characters were a bit more likeable, their dialogues were a bit more entertaining and the storyline was less predictable. Suzy Denton was a great female character, she was witty, loving, a tough exterior with a warm heart. Her story sort of started in the previous book where she met Gray Merimon, but it all really happened in this one. I am a sucker for sexy males who have no qu ...more
Kirsten
Jul 09, 2012 Kirsten rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just ok for me. The first part was really good and there was some great intensity and fun moments between Suzy and Gray.

I liked the first book in the Danvers series and really liked what I was introduced to of Suzy from that book so I was eagerly looking forward to the story of her and Gray. Unfortunately Suzy's personality that I enjoyed in the first was only evident for a couple of chapters and then for the last half she turned into something else. I missed her spunky spark when she
Melissa Maxwell
May 14, 2012 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Melissa
I read the first book in this series in a day, and the second one was NO exception! I would even dare say that I liked this book more than the first one. Scratch that, I LOVED this book. It picks up on the story of Claire's best friend Suzy, and Claire's husband Jason's new deliciously yummy business partner Grayson. We met him briefly in the first book. Grayson (or Gray) has been pursuing Suzy for the better part of a year and he will stop at nothing to have her. You also meet Gray's equally yu ...more
Sharon
Apr 17, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. Suzy is a great character. I love how she get her strength from with in. I like the Suzy is who she want to be for herself. I love Gray! I love how he see who Suzy truly is! I like that Gray wants to fight for her. I enjoyed watching their story unfold. Another Great Book by Sydney Landon.
Colleen
May 06, 2012 Colleen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my new favorite series. I have fallen in love with the whole Danvers International office crew. I am sure the next two books will be about Ella and Beth. Can't wait to read them. This was a great 2nd book.
May 30, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this part of the Danver's Series because I felt I could relate most to Suzy. However, I have a feeling with the 3rd coming out in the Fall, I may have to change my statement for that.
shms
Jun 15, 2013 shms rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This just read like a really immature novel. Not in its storyline or characters but in the writing style itself. This was close to being a dnf but I cheated and skim read half the book.

I can't believe the ratings its got, but then again different strokes for different people and all that.
Samantha
Jun 08, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this book! I loved Suzi, she was strong/sexy/smart! The man Gray is perfect! The story is really well done, lots of comedy, drama, suspense, romance, and passion! I will be reading the author more often!
Tracy
May 01, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has a lot of emotion. I got mad, I shed a tear, I thought awww in several spots because it was so sweet and there were certainly some really well done HOT love scenes in this book. LOVED Suzy! She is awesome and only wanted for someone to love her and put her first. Awesome read!
Dr. Canitazz Emerson
Great read! Really enjoyed this story and the humor. Loved Grayson and Nick. Nick is funny. The teaser for the 3rd book just killed me (Nick and Beth story)!!! UGGGG I can't wait for it to come out.
Janet Bergamo
Aug 26, 2012 Janet Bergamo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I absolutely loved this book, I love the series. I love Suzy's character, reminds me of myself.. Can't wait to continue with book #3 & find out who fathered Beth's baby but I'm already guessing it is Nick.
  • Private Pleasures (Private, #3)
  • Heart's Ease
  • Weekend Agreement
  • No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Fade (Fade, #1-3)
  • Slap Shot (Hot Ice, #3)
  • Loving Hart (The Hart Family, #3)
  • Closing Costs (Stewart Realty, #3)
  • The Marriage Trap (Marriage to a Billionaire, #2)
  • Seduction by the Book
  • Third Time's a Charm (Holland Springs, #3)
  • Anything He Wants 3: The Secret (Dominated by the Billionaire, #3)
  • On One Condition
  • Mistress of the Storm
  • Hoping for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #5)
  • Bedding the Billionaire (Legacy Collection, #3)
  • Mating Call (In Heat, #2)

www.sydneylandon.com

Danvers series reading order:

Weekends Required
Not Planning on You
Fall For Me
Fighting For You
No Denying You (12/15/2014)
Always Loving You (2/15/2015)

Betting on You (standalone novella)
More about Sydney Landon...

Danvers (9 books)
  • Weekends Required (Danvers, #1)
  • Fall for Me (Danvers, #3)
  • Fighting for You (Danvers, #4)
  • No Denying You (Danvers, #5)
  • Always Loving You (Danvers, #6)
  • Watch Over Me (Danvers, #7)
  • The One for Me (Danvers, #8)
  • Wishing For Us (Danvers #9)

“Honey, your dad hasn’t known whether to wind his butt or scratch his watch since the moment he met me and he wouldn’t have it any other way.” 4 likes
“You couldn't lay down the law and then sulk when no one challenged it.” 3 likes