Not Planning on You (Danvers, #2)

Not Planning on You (Danvers #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  6,744 ratings  ·  236 reviews
From the New York Times bestselling author of Weekends Required

A Danvers Novel

Suzy Denton thought she had it all: a great job as an event planner for Danvers International and a committed relationship to her high school sweetheart...

But now her life has gone to hell in a hand-basket. Not only did she discover her fiancé cheating, but a recent corporate merger is making her...more
Published February 5th 2013 by Signet

To ask other readers questions about Not Planning on You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Planning on You

Chryssa
OMG! I have no words to describe the feelings for a book already in my ALL TIME FAVOURITE!!!! What I thought I didn't find in book 1, I found a hundred times more in this book!
Playful, funny, smoking HOT, sexy, interesting, suspense-filled, touching, never boring... a real, REAL page turner! You just have to read one more chapter, a few more pages!!! I love this kind of books that make me sacrifice hours of sleep just to finish them! and what a worthy sacrifice this has been!!!
Sydney Landon's...more
Crista
Please don't be deterred by my three star rating! Not Planning on You was a fabulous book that I loved and can recommend. It simply lost a couple of stars because it contains one of my most hated plot lines!

(view spoiler)...more
Erin
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Weekends Required, so I was looking forward to Danver's #2. I always love that, with most romance series, we get to see the couple that had the HEA in the first book again. And Landon didn't disappoint, we got to see a lot of Jason and Claire, but there was also a great new story here that I thoroughly enjoyed!!

Not Planning on You is Suzy's story, and I adored her in Danvers #1 so I was very happy to dive into it! Suzy, having gone through the hear...more
Leigh
Review can also be found at Under the Covers Book Blog

This was a hot, sweet, and good ride. It was a quick ride, but a good one, nonetheless. That said, it also had so many elements of what it so prominently selling right now – a book very similar in many ways to the Fifty Shades and Crossfire series. In some ways that was positive, and some ways, it was meh. But I’ll get back to that in a moment.

Not Planning on You begins with our heroine, Suzy, an event planner for Danvers International locate...more
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
What an awesome book. I am in love with Gray he is for sure my new book boyfriend. I must say he pissed me off a few times but he redeemed himself in the end. He is a good guy. Suzy was great and cracked me up at every turn. Now I am ready for Beth and Nick's book it is going to be epic.
Brandie
Having not been blown away by the first book in this series, I wasn't sure how I would feel about this next installment. But after seeing all of the rave reviews from my friends on Goodreads, I dove in to give it a shot. I had loved Suzy's character in the first book and wanted to read more about her. I was slow getting into it due to other reading distractions and had almost resigned myself to give up and try some other time. I am so glad I kept reading!

I am in love with Suzy and Gray (I just l...more
Janet
Oh suzy ... I think that everybody should have a friend like her ... Suzanna(dont tell her that to her face because she'll correct you "it suzy") Is such a sassy, independent and very blunt kind of girl ... I <3 her so much ... Any way in the first book we meet Suzy and Greyson and since the first time he meets her he falls for her sassiness and her bluntness, but not all is easy for them they go through ups and down... Since the the beginning you want there love to over come there obstacles...more
Gina
OMG! I can't believe I'm actually writing my first review. But I had to....this story was amazing. I loved the romance. I loved the heat between Gray and Suzy. I loved the humor. The families were so supportive. I loved seeing how Jason and Claire were doing, from the first book! This is a wonderful series to get lost in. I highly recommend it. Can't wait to see what happens next with Beth and Ella. Thank you Sydney for sharing your gift!
Bethany
I loved Not Planning on You. I liked it a lot more then Weekends Required. Suzy was always making me laugh with her one liners and quick wit. Beside a few times in which Gray made some really stupid choices, I loved him. He was sweet, tender, patient and damn sexy. The Danver’s series has been a pleasant surprise. I wish I could get my hands on the next book Falling in Love With Me now!
Amanda P
I have to say right off that I enjoyed this book better then the first. Suzy was definitely a scene stealer in the first book and her personality continued to leap off the pages in this book as well.

Suzy has a larger than life personality; she is funny, sassy and take charge. She has a great sense of style and does things because she wants too not because she is looking for approval. Growing up with her parents she is used to people being disappointed in her so she has long since given up on tr...more
Kirsten
This was just ok for me. The first part was really good and there was some great intensity and fun moments between Suzy and Gray.

I liked the first book in the Danvers series and really liked what I was introduced to of Suzy from that book so I was eagerly looking forward to the story of her and Gray. Unfortunately Suzy's personality that I enjoyed in the first was only evident for a couple of chapters and then for the last half she turned into something else. I missed her spunky spark when she...more
Kathy L
OMG!!! Sydney has done an amazing job on the second book of the series! I was hooked from day one. I laughed, cried and swooned through out the book. Gray and Suzy have an amazing chemistry and their desire for each other could not be denied. Their quick witted banter had you wanting more. Suzy Denton is the spunky, outspoken and wild dressing best friend of Claire's from Weekend's Required. She has a spirit that is like no other. When she first met Gray Merimon, she told he was a stuffed shirt...more
Kristy
I really liked the second book in this series as well, but I was a little disappointed that with Suzy. She was such a vibrant funny character in the first book. But in this book she sort of lost some of that spunk. In fact I found her very ordinary in this book. She didn't say a lot of the outrageous things she did in the first book hardly at all. That disappointed me. But I still really liked her and Gray's story. I was a little annoyed with Gray and how he handled everything concerning Reva. E...more
Melissa Maxwell
Melissa
I read the first book in this series in a day, and the second one was NO exception! I would even dare say that I liked this book more than the first one. Scratch that, I LOVED this book. It picks up on the story of Claire's best friend Suzy, and Claire's husband Jason's new deliciously yummy business partner Grayson. We met him briefly in the first book. Grayson (or Gray) has been pursuing Suzy for the better part of a year and he will stop at nothing to have her. You also meet Gray's equally yu...more
Natasha is a Book Junkie
This is the second book in Sydney Landon’s Danvers series and I liked it more than the first one. I think the two main characters were a bit more likeable, their dialogues were a bit more entertaining and the storyline was less predictable. Suzy Denton was a great female character, she was witty, loving, a tough exterior with a warm heart. Her story sort of started in the previous book where she met Gray Merimon, but it all really happened in this one. I am a sucker for sexy males who have no qu...more
Sharon
I enjoyed this book. Suzy is a great character. I love how she get her strength from with in. I like the Suzy is who she want to be for herself. I love Gray! I love how he see who Suzy truly is! I like that Gray wants to fight for her. I enjoyed watching their story unfold. Another Great Book by Sydney Landon.
Jess
I'm kind-of conflicted about how I feel about this book...I really enjoyed the plot line and the characters as a whole, but there were parts of it that I found painful and really wasn't a fan of:

(view spoiler)...more
Tracy
This book has a lot of emotion. I got mad, I shed a tear, I thought awww in several spots because it was so sweet and there were certainly some really well done HOT love scenes in this book. LOVED Suzy! She is awesome and only wanted for someone to love her and put her first. Awesome read!
Samantha
I was pleasantly surprised how much I liked this book! I loved Suzi, she was strong/sexy/smart! The man Gray is perfect! The story is really well done, lots of comedy, drama, suspense, romance, and passion! I will be reading the author more often!
Colleen
This is one of my new favorite series. I have fallen in love with the whole Danvers International office crew. I am sure the next two books will be about Ella and Beth. Can't wait to read them. This was a great 2nd book.
Janet Bergamo

I absolutely loved this book, I love the series. I love Suzy's character, reminds me of myself.. Can't wait to continue with book #3 & find out who fathered Beth's baby but I'm already guessing it is Nick.
Dr. Canitazz Emerson
Great read! Really enjoyed this story and the humor. Loved Grayson and Nick. Nick is funny. The teaser for the 3rd book just killed me (Nick and Beth story)!!! UGGGG I can't wait for it to come out.
I enjoyed reading this part of the Danver's Series because I felt I could relate most to Suzy. However, I have a feeling with the 3rd coming out in the Fall, I may have to change my statement for that.
Quinn
Good book, great guy. Until he made a few mistakes that took away that 5th star. But still really really enjoyed the book overall and am very happy to have found this author. :)
Jen

This book irritated me or better yet the characters were just not likable. Full review to come on Fiction Vixen Book Reviews
Brielle
Apr 22, 2014 Brielle rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Adult Readers, Hopeless Romantics
Recommended to Brielle by: No One
I love Suzy and Gray separately and as a couple. Gray brings out Suzy softer side and she gets Gray to loosen up more. I couldn't believe that Suzy couldn't see what was going on with Beth and Nick but when you have a hot guy at your beck and call, I guess it is understandable. I love that Suzy is fiery and her relationship with Gray is unpredictable. I was ticked off for Suzy when Reva showed up and I was wondering how it would play out because there obviously had to be a happily ever after. I...more
Stephanie
I tackled this book from the end of the stick. I started with Fall for me (3) then Fight for Me (4) followed by Weekends required (1). I had always wondered about Suzy and Gray and I was glad I read Weekends required first. I got to know Suzy from there and her "smart" mouth that basically just spoke her mind. I absolutely love Suzy and love that she got her happily ever after with Gray. After seeing her so outspoken with her friends, it was nice to see a different side when she is with Gray - s...more
Allison
Great book, looking forward to the Beth's book.
Darla
This is the second in Sydney Landon's Danvers series. While I enjoyed this book, I didn't like it nearly as much as the first. One reason is that much of the book is written from the Narrator's POV, and I wanted a lot more dialog and interaction; if felt that too much of the story was being "told" to me, rather than unraveling as it does when the characters interact. This does improve in the second half of the book, however. Also, while I loved Suzy's character in Book 1, a lot of the quirky, br...more
  • Private Pleasures (Private, #3)
  • Weekend Agreement
  • For Love or Legacy (Legacy Collection, #2)
  • Unbroken Hart (The Hart Family, #4)
  • Holiday Affair (Affair, #1)
  • Season for Love (The McCarthys of Gansett Island, #6)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • No Flowers Required (Love Required, #2)
  • Heart of Steel
  • If You Were Mine (The Sullivans, #5)
  • Not The Marrying Kind
  • A Reclusive Heart (Hollywood Hearts, #2)

www.sydneylandon.com

Danvers series reading order:

Weekends Required
Not Planning on You
Fall For Me
Fighting For You
No Denying You (12/15/2014)
Always Loving You (2/15/2015)

Betting on You (standalone novella)
More about Sydney Landon...
Weekends Required (Danvers, #1) Fall for Me (Danvers, #3) Fighting For You (Danvers, #4) Betting on You: A Danvers Novella (Danvers, #4.5) Pierced (Lucian & Lia, #1)

“Honey, your dad hasn’t known whether to wind his butt or scratch his watch since the moment he met me and he wouldn’t have it any other way.” 2 likes
“You couldn't lay down the law and then sulk when no one challenged it.” 0 likes