Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3: World Tour” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3: World Tour

Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3: World Tour (Ultimate X-Men trade paperbacks #3)

3.61  ·  Rating Details ·  1,472 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Charles Xavier has a dream that one day mutants and humans will be able to live together in peace and understanding. Magneto is a mutant who wishes to dominate the whole of humankind. The X-Men have faced Magneto and mutant peace has triumphed. Now they are forced to combat the hatred of the humans they wish to protect. 12+
Published September 27th 2006 by Marvel (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 3

X-Men by Chris ClaremontX-Men by Chris ClaremontAstonishing X-Men, Vol. 1 by Joss WhedonAstonishing X-Men Omnibus by Joss WhedonX-Men by Chris Claremont
X-Men Trade Paperbacks
81st out of 205 books — 80 voters
Superman by Mark MillarSuperior by Mark MillarWolverine by Mark MillarCivil War by Mark MillarThe Authority, Vol. 2 by Mark Millar
Best of Mark Millar
8th out of 28 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Sesana
Jun 21, 2016 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
This is the best, most interesting thing to come out of Ultimate X-Men so far, with the single exception that I honestly thought the Proteus story went on too long. There's an extended lull in the middle that just didn't work for me. That said, there's finally some really interesting character work, particularly with Colossus and Xavier. Colossus is a much more morally complicated character than the original had been at this point in his personal timeline. He is, after all, a former mafia enforc ...more
Nicolo Yu
Feb 18, 2016 Nicolo Yu rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
The third volume of the Ultimate X-Men is Mark Millar’s modern take on the classic Proteus story by Chris Claremont. The changes by Millar take advantage of the rich X-Men mythos since Claremont’s story.

In this new form, Proteus is now Charles Xavier’s son with Moira MacTaggert. Moira is still the award-winning gene researcher and Xavier takes on the role of the absentee father. This is not out of character for Xavier; since in the classic X-Men stories, he is also an absentee father to Legion,
Mike
Jul 05, 2016 Mike rated it really liked it
En la línea del anterior, pero con más riesgos y más personajes (Gambit <3). Mikey likey.
Asher J. Klassen
Jun 07, 2012 Asher J. Klassen rated it it was amazing
In many ways, the main body of the story exemplifies Millar's skill in character development. As I read I cannot help but blend this tale with Joss Whedon's run of Astonighins X-Men; where Whedon took the character of Kitty Pryde to levels we'd never seen before, Millar is developing Piotr Rasputin to be much more than a steel strongman. He has a dark side to him that doesn't fit the ideal of what the X-Men are supposed to be. In some ways he's more like Wolverine than Charles Xavier. It's inter ...more
Mersini
Aug 30, 2014 Mersini rated it really liked it
I wasn't really feeling it till the introduction of Gambit and my heart melted. It's literally the only reason this one's getting 4 stars.
Feather Mista
Oct 09, 2011 Feather Mista rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de los personajes y sus reinterpretaciones
Recommended to Feather by: Fe
De a poquito van repuntando los Ultimate X-Men de Millar. Las historias y los diálogos se ven menos forzados, más verosímiles y hasta más entretenidos. La ambigüedad de Xavier está bien presente y cada vez más resaltada, aunque su discurso "pacifista" hace agua en varias partes. En cuanto al capítulo guionado por Austen, que presenta al Gambito Ultimate, no está mal. Está lindo como intro y para mostrarnos cómo va a ir entrando al mundo X ese ladrón de buen corazón.
El dibujo de Adam Kubert sigue
Todd
Krystl Louwagie
Jul 03, 2011 Krystl Louwagie rated it liked it
This volume didn't pull me in as much as the first volume, I find Storm a bit annoying with her shallow girly-girl-ness, glad to see Gambit, but the story seemed weak and over done, though I did enjoy the focus on Charles and I always love the Proteus storyline, because I love Proteus, but as I recently read the original Proteus storyline, I thought that was was more devastating for some reason-especially how it affected Wolverine. Still enjoyable, but the whole line paled a little bit next to t ...more
Kimberly
Aug 01, 2016 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
I am really enjoying this series. Plus we get an intro for one of my favorite X-Men, Gambit :)

It's funny to see storylines in this series that sort of line up with the movies. Only they are way cooler in the comic. I'm excited to see who else we will get introduced to in the next comics.
Josef Turner
Jan 31, 2016 Josef Turner rated it really liked it
Shelves: misc-marvel
A step up from volume 2. Charles is almost as much an antagonist as Proteus here, with his no-kill policy leaving hundreds to thousands dead all over the world. Proteus himself is great too, acting like an angry child as he should, up to prioritizing peanut M&M's over an efficient revenge plan. It's also nice to see brainwashed Magneto make friends with Charles, it almost makes you think they might stay friends should his mental blocks be lifted. Almost.

I like both personal conflicts explore
Amanda
This series has been a really great introduction to the X-Men. I knew next to nothing going into this, so it was really good to get more of an introduction.

the story is really engaging! there's been a lot of really good plot twists that I've been really liking.

I have some complaints about the art though. All of the women are wearing clothes, that honestly? I know no one that would wear them, modesty-wise. it makes me feel like the authors of the comic don't care about women's real purpose there
Jeneé
Sep 08, 2016 Jeneé rated it liked it
Well the story was pretty interesting. But I wasn't too wild about how the art randomly changed half way through. It got really cartoony and just wasn't as good as Kuberts art.
Leila Anani
Ultimate X-Men seems to be going from strength to strength. This third instalment takes the Proteus story and puts its own modern stamp onto the story making Charles the absentee dad who sets off the mutation in his son. As well as the Proteus story we get a solo Gambit adventure were the smart takling street hustler has to forgo a hot date to save a little girl who's parents have been murdered.

This one has a very strong story and excellent artwork. What I particularly like is the way it blurs t
Charles
Edward Cheer
Apr 22, 2016 Edward Cheer rated it really liked it
Today is a historic day for me. It's the day that I read an actually enjoyable Mark Millar comic. This is probably his best comic, though I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah, there are plot holes as usual. And some story inconsistencies (Like Colossus' almost immediate change of heart). But for something that delves into the past of Professor X, and makes you question his reliability, to the point where even he questions it, is a remarkable feat. It's much better written than the previous two entries. Th
Davy
Dec 20, 2014 Davy rated it liked it
After their victory over Magneto the young X-men want to enjoy their succes by presenting themselves to the world, but instead of earning credit from humankind all goes wrong when Professor Xavier's son David/Proteus escapes and starts a devestating tour of his own. Xavier's dream shatteres and there is a nice cliffhanger at the end. The story is ok, no more no less.
Jackson Tyler
Aug 22, 2016 Jackson Tyler rated it it was ok
Millar is gone for all of two issues, and they are far and away the best issues in the whole series, having a real sense of pacing and tone, not to mention some actual heart. Then we're back to the usual crap, this time doing Xavier/Moira/David BUT DARKER and it's the best arc so far, technically, but it is not good.
Nata
Aug 27, 2014 Nata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
With the Professor's son on a rampage, we finally see another side of Professor Xavier: one that is flawed and has self-doubt. Good to see more complexity in the X-men; Ororo and Henry's relationship especially. Also loved the extra chapter with Gambit in it.
Talyseon Talyseon
The Ultimate X-Men continues, rewriting the classic heroes for a world more like ours, and maybe, just a bit darker. Ultimate X-Men: World Tour
Chris
Feb 06, 2014 Chris rated it liked it
This collection is primarily the story of the X-men fighting Proteus. It comes out of nowhere and ends just as abruptly, and for such a significant story line seems very easily glazed over.
Amy!
Man, Professor X is a douuuuche.

Also, I didn't realize this series was so long, though I am still interested in continuing with it for the time being.
Fox
May 10, 2014 Fox rated it it was ok
The characters are really unlikable. I loved the Gambit story at the end, that was really the only thing I liked. He was the only character I liked out of this novel.
Matej
May 01, 2016 Matej rated it liked it
The third volume of the Ultimate X-men still has a lot of potential, but unfortunately at this point in the series I do not like it as much as I just want to see what happens.
The plot is interesting and David is a rather good villain, but the fact that X-men are so easily persuaded to change their minds throughout the volume is the main reason for the mediocre rating.
I didn't like the art in few issues that were done by another artist, but the rest of the art is great and it still fits the story
Saif Ahmed
Jul 19, 2015 Saif Ahmed rated it it was amazing
probably the best of the series :D
it's amazing how the story with such a title ended up being so unorthodox :D
Andrew Christman
Aug 15, 2012 Andrew Christman rated it really liked it
Profesor X is a real person and he has skeletons in his closet!

What a refreshing arc.

This one particularly focuses on telepaths, a skill that is taken WAY too lightly in any piece of sci-fi or fantasy. In this case, Xavier's mind bending influence casts doubt within the X-Men when Proteus shows up and the team realizes that their surrogate father has the potential to be a dead beat dad.

I won't spoil anything, but this arc continues to explore the theme of violence and if it can be used for a g
Sha Hernandez
Jun 01, 2014 Sha Hernandez rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 stars: added half a star because of Gambit!!
Kzee Mikols
Apr 24, 2012 Kzee Mikols rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I really liked this volume. It introduced us to Xavier's crazy son who I had no idea how they were going to beat (but of course I knew they would because they are the x-men), and it introduced us to Gambit, one of my favorite characters. I had been on the fence about him since his dialogue is hard to understand but hey his power is cool and he risked his life to save a poor little girl he had just met so he's cool in my book. Overall , a good read
Zach Danielson
The quality starts to decline after two decent volumes, most recently Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 2. Unfortunately, it's gonna get worse (in Ultimate X-Men Vol. 4: Hellfire & Brimstone) before it gets better.
Nailmouth
Dec 27, 2012 Nailmouth rated it really liked it
It's been a long time since I've read any 'superhero' comic-books, and I was surprised how much I enjoyed reading this and subsequent volumes.

With interesting writing and good artwork, the 2001 reboot does an adequate job of providing an artful retelling of the X-Men origin saga, without tarnishing the memory of the original.

Recommended for old fans or newcomers to the story, definitely a fun read.
Ben Nealis
Dec 18, 2012 Ben Nealis rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
AMAZING! this vol showed prof X's dark side not crying at his own son's funeral wow just wow. possibly one of the most powerful mutant in the marvel universe Xavier's son was practically unstoppable. SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT Until colossus smashed him with a car:)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 7: Blockbuster
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 11: The Most Dangerous Game
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 14: Phoenix?
Mark Millar is the New York Times best-selling writer of Wanted, the Kick-Ass series, The Secret Service, Jupiter’s Legacy, Jupiter’s Circle, Nemesis, Superior, Super Crooks, American Jesus, MPH, Starlight, and Chrononauts. Wanted, Kick-Ass, Kick-Ass 2, and The Secret Service (as Kingsman: The Secret Service) have been adapted into feature films, and Nemesis, Superior, Starlight, War Heroes, Jupit ...more
More about Mark Millar...

Ultimate X-Men trade paperbacks (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 1: The Tomorrow People