Start by marking “The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)

The Forbidden Trilogy (The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)

Those inside are special, gifted with unique abilities, abilities that make them dangerous to the outside world. Since childhood, they're trained to control their powers, to show restraint, and to defend themselves. For years they practice, honing their gifts for one purpose: to be rented out to the highest bidder as a spy, to be used as a weapon against others.

Sam never q
ebook
Published November 26th 2012 by Daring Books (first published November 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Forbidden Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forbidden Trilogy

Divergent by Veronica RothCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsClockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Perfect Boyfriend List
103rd out of 660 books — 428 voters
The Selection by Kiera CassCity of Lost Souls by Cassandra ClareFinale by Becca FitzpatrickRapture by Lauren KateFlutter by Melissa Andrea
Best YA Covers for 2012
167th out of 481 books — 1,589 voters

More lists with this book...

Annabelle Marie Veronica
***FINAL RATING: 2.70 STARS***

CATCHALL
I definitely, definitely liked this series. It was mostly entertaining, and several aspects of it seemed original. The problem is, a lot of the time it felt like bad Twilight fanfiction and I just wanted it to be over already. I can't go into the why without getting spoiler, but believe me, the Twilight aspects are there. And that majorly ticked me off. So, while I liked it, I definitely have conflicting feelings. Some parts were good, and some were bad.

T
Sheila

Reminiscent of X-Men, Forbidden Mind introduces readers to seventeen-year-old Sam, a genius artist and student in a special school for children with paranormal powers. The students have been gathered and protected from a world that might threaten them. They learn to control and hide their powers, ready for emergence into the real world at eighteen. But darker themes appear as readers see Sam sent on another Rent-A-Kid spying mission for the owners of the school. Dreams of studying art at college
Cassandra
**Book gifted to me as part of a blog tour for honest review

Forbidden Mind (Book1)
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 unicorns - I loved it!!
I loved this book :) Fantastic start to a new series, I was sucked straight into the story. There was no awkwardness that sometimes happens in the first book in a series while building the world. It was an easy read. Yes it was an absolute emotional rollercoaster. There were times I wanted to slap Sam and her friends for being so naïve (but it was the only thing they’
Christy Hilton-hall
Apr 20, 2013 Christy Hilton-hall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-have
5 OF 5 STARS

This is one of the best paranormal series I have read. The story of Sam and all the other Rent-A-Kid just gets better from page to page. You get to learn the P.O.V. from several of the kids who each have their own unique paranormal powers, and of course anytime you have that much power there will be some people out there who want all to themselves and will stop at nothing to get it. I must say the imagination of Kimberly Kinrade is simply astounding she paints each scene beautifully.
Roxanne Kade
Aug 09, 2013 Roxanne Kade rated it it was amazing
Because I received the full trilogy to review, I'm going to give my thoughts on each book separately and then let you know what I thought overall :)

Forbidden Mind

This was a truly exciting start to a thrilling trilogy that held many possibilities.

From the start I got a real sense of who Sam was and what was important to her. Her passion for art was her life’s dream and when Headmaster Higgins tried everything in his power to derail that dream, I knew something wasn’t quite right. Why would a scho
Jonel Boyko
Jun 17, 2013 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it
Forbidden mind:
Throughout this novel Kinrade shows the best and worst of humanity. Through her amazing story and flawless writing Kinrade highlights this in a manner that defies conventional storytelling. As always, Kinrade draws you in and keeps a hold throughout. I couldn’t put this novel down, even for a second.

This novel is eloquently written while remaining entertaining. I really appreciate that Kinrade takes the time to turn out a well written, well edited novel. This compliments the very
Neil B. Smith
Oct 27, 2016 Neil B. Smith rated it it was amazing
At first glance I thought, "Okay, jumping on the X-men, supernaturally gifted people train" I decided to invoke my "iffy rule" -- if a book looks "iffy" I will give it 100 pages. This series had me by 60. Clever, suspenseful, unpredictable and exciting this series will surprise you with its sophisticated style and original take on the whole supernatural thing. I fully expect to see an adaptation of this gem.
Heather Boustead
The Forbidden Trilogy
By Kimberly Kinrade

Forbidden Mind Book One

Sam is getting ready for her eighteenth birthday, when she can finally leave “rent-a-kid” where she and other kids with paranormal powers are used as spies to the highest bidder. After one of her missions she is taken back to the institute where she sees a guy who links to her mentally asking for help before he passes out. From that moment the two shares a connection that cannot be broken, but Drake has shown Sam a side of the insti
Emilie E. Faye
~* I received an ebook copy of The Forbidden Trilogy from Innovative Online Book Tours in exchange for an honest review. I have not been and never will be compensated for my review of this collection of books. This review is my honest opinion and is in no way influenced by the generosity of the author or IO Book Tours. *~

Forbidden Mind (Forbidden Trilogy, #1) by Kimberly Kinrade
Forbidden Mind

Kimberly Kinrade just doesn't quit! Once I picked up Forbidden Mind, I never wanted to put it down. The characters are well-rounded and unique, the story has an a
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books
Stop by the book tour at my blog, click banner to go directly to the post. Michelle’s Paranormal Vault of Books

I absolutely love this series as a whole, as you probably can tell if you read my reviews of all 3 books. They are pretty long, and no need to put them all here.

Through the whole series, I just fell in love with these characters.

What I really liked is we did not get thrown a whole bunch of characters all at the same time in book one. More were added as the books went one, so this ma
Liberty Ann Ireland
Nov 27, 2012 Liberty Ann Ireland rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: YA Paranormal Romance w/ TONS of Action
My Review:

The Forbidden Trilogy (Special Omnibus Edition) contains the three originally separate books: Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire & Forbidden Life. In this special omnibus edition, they are combined into one book along with tons of fabulous extra content at the end. I loved Kimberly's thorough Q & A regarding the series, what inspired it and where it goes from here. Each character was profiled in these super cool top secret files as well as actual character interviews which I just l
Ginny
Jun 13, 2013 Ginny rated it it was amazing
Great Quote:

“My mind flashed to an old Calvin and Hobbes cartoon I’d seen years ago. They were sliding down a mountain on a sled as Calvin spouted that the value of ignorance is bliss. Once we know something, he argued, we are forced to consider personal change in order to fix the problems that we see. If we persist in ignorance, we can stay cocooned in our beliefs — we can remain happy. At the end, when they fly off a cliff and crash, Hobbes remarks that he can’t handle this much bliss.

In my he
Ryan Snyder
Dec 08, 2012 Ryan Snyder added it
Shelves: hmaybe
************REVIEW_BOOK 1*********
I can do this without spoilers! I know I can!

The first book is set in alternating viewpoints between the two main characters, Sam and Drake, which I love. alternating view points allows me to get into the characters heads and gives the story more depth- I love it. The whole premise if the book is fascinating. A private institution that houses students with special abilities. Only, the twist is, this school uses the students as spies and sends them out on assignm
Ruty  B
Jan 03, 2013 Ruty B rated it really liked it
The Forbidden Trilogy is an amazing rollercoaster of emotions, action, secrets and a bunch of great characters. This edition includes Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire and Forbidden Life, plus some bonus. This is the perfect time to be introduced in a fabulous world. The trilogy is way too exciting and will catch you since the first sentence.

The Forbidden Trilogy is the story of Sam and Drake, two characters that will fight until the end to bring down a powerful organization, which only purpose is
A.D. Duling
Nov 27, 2012 A.D. Duling rated it it was amazing
The Forbidden Trilogy Omnibus Edition has the three seperate books- Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire & Forbidden Life combined together as well as a lot of amazing extra content in the end. In depth questions brought up about each book, some top secret profiles of each paranormal character- really cool! Character interviews and Kimberly Kinrade's interview about the entire series revealing other projects in the works revolving around the Forbidden realm.

This is a series you won't put down unti
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
The following review is my opinion and not a paid review. I received a free copy of the book from the author for my honest opinion.

Sam can read minds she loves to paint and wants nothing more than to go to college to become an artist. Sam lives at her school Rent-A-Kid where they teach her how to use or control her para-power. While Sam reads minds her friends have different powers like walking through walls, being able to tell if someone is lying or one of her friends can make anyone like her o
Krystal Willingham
Jan 02, 2013 Krystal Willingham rated it it was amazing
I am reviewing these books as a trilogy set and not individually through this review. There will be separate reviews for each book coming soon.

I have to say that the way these books are presented in this trilogy is the best I have seen. Normally when books are put into a trilogy set no extra stuff is included however; Kim decided that her fans deserved more. So, in this set not only do we get the 3 books of the series: Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire and Forbidden Life but we also get some awesom
Lissette
Nov 26, 2012 Lissette rated it it was amazing
Sam has spent most of her life learning, living, and working for the Rent-A-Kid organization. She's delved into people's pasts and lives in order to glean needed information, never once questioning what she's done for them. To the ordinary eye, she's like any other teenager. Beautiful, brazen, and quite intelligent. Unbeknownst to the world outside, she's so much more.

She can read minds, an ability she makes use of each and every day. Whatever she needs to know, she'll deftly pick the person's b
Amanda
I loved the story in the three books and have already reviewed each book individually. The Forbidden Trilogy combines all three books into one, along with discussion questions, character profiles, a note from Sam and Drake, Q&A with the author, and a playlist.

I liked that all of the books are together so you can just read straight through. Trust me, you won't want to wait to see what happens in the second and third books. Instant gratification is fun and is harmless when it involves books. ;
Carrie
Overall this is a thrilling adventure as a group of young people learn the truth about their lives and where they came from. The first two books flew by and I couldn’t get enough of the characters of Sam and Drake. The fact they were in love with each other before they physically saw each other was an interesting twist. Throw in the virgin pregnancy and you have an intriguing moral tale with religious undertones.

The characters in this book are straight out of X-Men. Each child living at Rent-a-K
Jessica
Dec 04, 2012 Jessica rated it it was amazing
The Forbidden Trilogy drew me in right from the very first paragraph and absorbed me all the way to last. In this difficult to put down Omnibus Edition containing all three novels in the series (Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire, and Forbidden Life), Kimberly Kinrade creates a truly unique world full of complex characters, each with their own paranormal abilities, secret organizations with hidden agendas, and red-hot romance. The author, while carefully handling some pretty tough subjects such as d ...more
Kami
Apr 21, 2013 Kami rated it it was amazing
The Forbidden Trilogy(The Forbidden Trilogy #1-3)
byKimberly Kinrade
Forbidden Mind(The Forbidden Trilogy #1)

18-year-old Sam reads minds and lives at a school for kids with super powers. I like the whole X-men, Dark Angel type of story line. Sam believes that the super powered kids are secluded for their protection. The company sends them out on spy assignments. Drake is trying to have a normal life and hide from those that will use him for his powers. This shadow organization is using the kids wi
Cheree
Jun 05, 2013 Cheree rated it it was amazing
When I first read about this series, I was very intrigued by the story line. However once I opened it was was a little turned off by the Contents page. Each chapter listed a name meaning a different POV, with several different names being listed through out the series. Even though I groaned at the thought of reading this because of the many POV changes as sometimes there is repetition and the fact that it can get confusing bouncing from one head to another...I still dived in to this Paranormal ...more
Seirra
Nov 25, 2012 Seirra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I received a review copy by the author for an honest review. The Forbidden Trilogy is exceptionally versed. The story is pure creativity and so unlike anything I've ever read - it has everything; you name it this trilogy has it.

The Forbidden Trilogy Omnibus Edition has a lot of amazing extra content such as in depth questions brought up about each book, TOP SECRET: IPI Paranormal Profiles on everyone which is super neat. Also there are some character interviews done by Brad. Another great feat
Buffy Kennedy
Jun 28, 2013 Buffy Kennedy rated it really liked it
This entire trilogy was kind of a mixed bag for me. It’s a well rounded story with action, humor, and romance. The characters are well developed and the plot is elaborate. For some reason I just couldn’t fully connect with the whole thing.

I had my moments where I cried some and was on the edge of my seat and even wanted to smack some characters around now and then, but ultimately I wasn’t so invested that I absolutely had to know what came next.

I suspect my disconnect comes into play with the
Buffy Kennedy
This entire trilogy was kind of a mixed bag for me. It 19s a well rounded story with action, humor, and romance. The characters are well developed and the plot is elaborate. For some reason I just couldn 19t fully connect with the whole thing.

I had my moments where I cried some and was on the edge of my seat and even wanted to smack some characters around now and then, but ultimately I wasn 19t so invested that I absolutely had to know what came next.

I suspect my disconnect comes into play wit
Gaele
Nov 30, 2012 Gaele rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I reviewed all 3 books in this trilogy as a part of the Innovative Online Book Tours. I was not compensated for this review, and all conclusions are my own responsibility.

This Omnibus edition is the author's thank you to the readers. Containing all 3 books in the series: Forbidden Mind, Forbidden Fire and Forbidden Life, with some bonus short stories that are "between the books".

This is an author who truly has a talent for character and world building, with the ability to craft unique and disti
Mindy
Apr 07, 2013 Mindy rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! I love this series. I don’t know where I was when these books were being reviewed individually, but I’m so glad I read this trilogy. I totally agree with Sour Skittles about the Alias and Dark Angel tones, and the X-men vibe. I also see some Pretender elements with the whole being sent on missions where they can be anyone. My daughter is totally into fan fiction and mixed story fan-fiction, especially when the X-men are involved. This story is totally something she would be into.

I devou
Kirsty Vizard
As a trilogy bundle this is one long book at 137 chapters with a variety of narrators. However, Kimberly Kinrade writes at a fast pace which is constant throughout the story, and though the action requires the numerous characters she introduces she still manages to cultivate a history and personality for each one.
Sam is by far my favourite of the characters in the trilogy and she has to make the most adjustments to her life as the story develops. She is loving, strong, determined and a fighter.
Simone
Jan 02, 2013 Simone rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2013
I received a copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. Wow! This was a fantastic trilogy, it really did remind me of X-Men, with the school for kids with special gifts. The only difference was that intentions here became severely misguided. The kids decide that their only chance for survival is to escape. The four main characters of this story are truly amazing. Although Sam didn’t support violence or using mind control, I don’t think they’d have survived otherwise. I loved Lucy and ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Cleopatra Ascending (Shadow's Edge, #2)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Neophyte
  • Memoirs of a Gothic Soul
  • Audrey's Guide to Black Magic (Audrey's Guides, #2)
  • Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)
  • The Gatekeeper (The Marenon Chronicles, #2)
  • Falling (Fade, #2)
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • Divided against Yourselves
  • The Vampire Hunter's Daughter Collectors Edition (The Vampire Hunter's Daughter, #1-3)
  • Seduced: Rose's Story (The Seduced Saga, #1-3)
  • Blood Twist (Erris Coven, # 2)
  • Empyreal Fate
  • Emily's Trial (Akasha Chronicles, #2)
  • OMG (Oh My God) (CUL8R Time Travel Mystery, #1)
Kimberly Kinrade was born with ink in her veins and magic in her heart. She writes romance (contemporary and paranormal), fantasy and paranormal stories for all ages and still believes in magic worlds.

She lives with her three little girls who think they're ninja princesses with super powers, and her husband, also known as the sexy Russian Prince, who is the love of her life and writing partner.
More about Kimberly Kinrade...

The Forbidden Trilogy (3 books)
  • Forbidden Mind (Forbidden, #1)
  • Forbidden Fire (Forbidden, #2)
  • Forbidden Life (Forbidden, #3)