Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #3)

Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #3)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  315 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Hailey Roberts has never had it easy. Despite the scars of a tragic childhood, she’s made a life for herself. As a part-time student and loving nanny, she yearns for a family of her own and reluctant Austin Casey, Ethan Cooke Security’s best close protection agent.

Hailey’s past comes back to haunt her when her long lost brother tracks her down, bringing his dangerous secre...more
Published October 24th 2012 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published October 13th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Hailey's Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hailey's Truth

Patti Ashley
Could not suspend belief enough

I have read the f oily rest two books and happily settled in with the third. What a huge disappointment. Hailey a child raised in the foster care system has created a great life for herself. Her foster brother has not done so well. As a plot twist I got it, but for Hailey to be so f*******g blind is just so unbelievable. It really ruined an otherwise very interesting character. I understand her guilt but the glossing over of such glaring facts. Ughh!
The ending make...more
Rachelle Ayala
Hailey's got big trouble, only she's too blinded by guilt to see it. Austin knows the score, but he's afraid Hailey would push him away. Both of the characters are young and hyper emotional. They swing between blaming the other and shutting off their feelings.

The danger surrounding them is very real and frightening. Austin tries to protect Hailey, but she refuses to believe the truth about her brother and his associates.

In a tightly knit plot full of cruel and vicious scenes, Hailey wanders in a...more
Trista Blair
I liked this book - although I thought Hailey's blind trust in someone she just met over the man who has been in her life for years was a little far fetched. I get that she wanted to protect her brother and that would cause some friction between her and Austin, but at some point you've got to get a clue. Also, I though Austin let a prime opportunity to show Hailey the truth after he was led into that trap at the apartments. She was clearly scared for him and would have at least listened to what...more
Stina
I loved the previous book in this series, however this story was just plain bad. Well the story per see was not bad, Hailey was. I mean seriously, is it possible for a person to really be that stupid? The facts were thrust in her face and she was like "No, you are wrong, my brother is a saint and you are just jelous, Donte is gift to mankind". At first when they were at home I could understand how he believed his brother, but then they went to Mexico and everything went downhill from there.
Oh a...more
Silverana
Well written as the first two. Beauman's books always have wonderful starts especially with the romance. And even afterwards despite the fact that you might find something annoying in the story, you won't want to stop reading them.

The only trouble I had with this one was Hailey's character. I know she and her brother Jeremy have been through a lot but she was way too forgiving and naive. I can understand why Austin called her a kid. She was strong but as Austin says there were soo many times tha...more
Melisa Hamling
WOW. My head is in a whirl from this one. From the high intensity of Suspense, down to the oh-so yummy Romance, by far, Hailey and Austin have the hottest freaking scenes of the three books! Holy freaking balls and other naughty things! It's so good… or I'm so bad because—I hate to admit it—I reread the hotter than Hades scenes! I could read the entire novel again, and that's rare for me.

I didn't think this 3rd book in the series would measure up to Morgan's Hunter and Falling for Sarah. Boy, wa...more
Raven Reviewer
Jun 28, 2013 Raven Reviewer rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mature adult audiences
Recommended to Raven by: author
Hailey Roberts survived foster care and miraculously blossomed into a responsible woman with her head on straight, worthy of becoming Sarah and Ethan’s nanny. When her brother walks back into her life, Hailey’s friends, seeing him for what he is, send her away on a vacation where things dangerously heat up.

Cate Beauman has done it again. Just like the other books in this series, this was a page-turner which I thought about when I had to put this down. There were scenes of action, graphic at tim...more
Alison
Okay, ignore the updates got books 3 and 4 conflagrated.

Hailey has had a hard life, born to a drug-addicted prostitute she was lucky to be fostered by a loving couple who gave her a great life until they were tragically killed in a car accident a week before her 15th birthday. Hailey's adopted parents had recently fostered a little boy, the two children survived the crash but were separated and put into care.

It's 10 years later, Hailey's the sometimes nanny to Sarah's daughter Kaylee. She's had...more
Olimpia
Hailey’s Truth, book 3 of the Bodyguards of LA County is one rollercoaster ride from beginning to end. Really loved this. Austin and Hailey’s relationship had so many ups and downs. Loved them together but it was frustrating to see what Hailey’s brother was doing and not scream out. The romance was sizzling hot and the action and suspense was fast paced.

Hailey’s Truth centered Austin & Hailey in Cozumel (which by the way I just came back from on vacation), so I really enjoyed the setting. A...more
Katie Barnoski
I give this 3.5 stars. I liked this book but it was my least favorite of the series. Still well written but Hailey got on my nerves more than usual. I thought she was incredibly naive when it came to her brother even when Austin showed her proof of his wrongdoing. I understand why she wanted to have such faith in her brother, but at the same time don't hide your head in the sand about it. I do fault Austin some for not coming right out with the whole truth to Hailey about her brother. Looking fo...more
Debbie
Very good mystery romance writing. The problem seemed to me that three quarters through the book the main character Hailey, became somewhat boring. A little redundant listening to her insecurities and tired of Hot lover Austin saying "are you OK?' Kind of predictable story. Not saying it was not a good read since I did enjoy it. I would definitely like to read another Cate Beauman book.
Cherie Reeves
Another in the Bodyguards series. :)
Mandy Montemayor
It was by far my 2nd favorite if the 3 books so far. Once I actually had the time to read it I could not put it down!
Becca
3 1/2 Stars.

Probably would have been more stars if Hailey wasn't so infuriatingly naive.
Elizabeth Bearden
I liked this book better than the second one.
Tiffiny
Ahhh! I really enjoy this series!
Michelle Hart
This kept me on the edge of my seat.
Kathy Rice
Ready for book 4, Forever Alexa
Robyn Whaley
Love this series!
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Amanda Saunders
Amanda Saunders marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Joyce Leuenberger
Joyce Leuenberger marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
  • Operation: Endeavor (When the Mission Ends, #2)
  • Fatal Deception (Red Stone Security, #3)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Singed (Titanium Security, #2)
  • Deadly Ties (Deadly, #2)
  • Lucky Like Us (The Hunted, #2)
  • Westin's Chase (Titan, #3)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • On Thin Ice (Ice, #6)
Cate Beauman has worked with children of all ages for most of her adult life. She fell into writing more than dreamed it. "Writing novels never made my bucket list. One day I picked up a pad of paper and scribbled down the thoughts in my head. Next thing I knew, I had over 100,000 words. I've basically been obsessed ever since. Now I can't imagine doing anything else."

A former New England residen...more
More about Cate Beauman...
Morgan's Hunter (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #1) Falling For Sarah (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #2) Forever Alexa (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #4) Waiting For Wren (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #5) Justice For Abby (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County #6)

“In the end, it doesn’t matter, but I wanted you to know; I needed you to know because I read your text to Sarah. You told her I was everything you never thought you could have, and I’m telling you, you’re everything I never knew I wanted, but I’m so glad you’re here.” 4 likes