Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men, Volume 15: Magical” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men, Volume 15: Magical

Ultimate X-Men, Volume 15: Magical (Ultimate X-Men #15)

He's a media darling, a vital part of the X-Men dynamic and the newest member of the team. His name: the Magician Watch him live up to his name in ways you could never conceive. There is more - much, much more about this new mutant than any suspect. Meanwhile, a tormented Jean Grey is having great difficulty dealing with the results of the Shi'ar testing. Elsewhere...Dazzl ...more
Published January 3rd 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, Volume 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men, Volume 15

Sesana
Apr 21, 2016 Sesana rated it liked it
Shelves: superhumans, comics
It's nice when a thread in a comic book pays off almost immediately. Magician was introduced in the last volume. He immediately gave off a weird vibe, and that weird vibe is explained in this volume. It's great. I would have hated it if this had been dragged out any further. However, I wasn't thrilled with exactly how it played out. It's a little typical to have everything degenerate into an all-out brawl immediately, because there's no way that two of the world's most powerful telepaths could h ...more
Charles
Aug 14, 2012 Charles rated it really liked it
Edward Cheer
Mar 30, 2015 Edward Cheer rated it really liked it
See, this is what I was looking for! Payoff! The other writers before Kirkman would set up things that either were never paid off, or have yet to be (Like Apocalypse...).

"Magical" continues the plots behind the mysterious Magician, as well as Nightcrawler and I've gotta say... this is probably my favorite X-Men comic in the series thus far. The characters are all given their appropriate time to shine, while also explaining what was going from Volume 14. The story behind the Magician is well done
John White
Aug 14, 2015 John White rated it liked it
The art is solid Raney and Larroca have created a really action packed series of stories.

The writing is ok the character Magican was interesting and good way to approach the team and the resolution of the plot was fine if a little disappointing. The annual issue does not sit well with the arc and the motivation of the main character really comes out of the blue ( no pun intended). Kirkman does pace the action well and this saves this story. It's readable but not the most fun collection of stori
Fizzgig76
Reprints Ultimate X-Men #72-74 and Annual #2. The X-Men deal with new recruit Magician and also find they have a traitor on their team when Dazzler is kidnapped. Ultimate X-Men and the Ultimate line are amazing in that four issues feel like a one or two issue story. The story isn't bad, but it seems like what happens in the issues could be accomplished in much fewer issues and the collections can feel like a rip off for their price.
Viridian5
It's interesting to see how these alternate versions of the X-Men are, even as parts of them are rooted in the classic characters, though some of the Ultimate versions disappoint me, like Ultimate Nightcrawler. (Not that the 616 Nightcrawler gets much love or understanding from most writers either.) The Magician shows how dangerous some mutant powers can be.

Though sometimes I'm reminded very strongly that this is basically paid, official fanfiction....
Brian
Jul 24, 2012 Brian rated it really liked it
"Magical" concludes the story arc with Magician (very interesting in my opinion). The Annual #2 gives more focus on Nightcrawler, who apparently has some issues to work out. And lastly there's a two page bonus comic about why Professor X would call his cat "Mystique." I still don't know why, and am actually more confused now. Oh well.
David Basora
Jun 23, 2015 David Basora rated it liked it
So, I guess it's nice to know that I was kind of right about Boggs. But honestly, I don't know how necessary the plot points of this book actually were. Having Boggs exist was a reality check, but Kurt's mental break was unnecessarily timed with Jean's issues. I knew this series had a lot to cover before wrapping up, so this issue seems like it was a waste. Hopefully, it ends strongly.
Willow
Jun 06, 2015 Willow rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel-comics
Why does Ultimate Nightcrawler have to be such a homophobic, creepy douchebag?!? 616 Nightcrawler is one of my favourite characters and a pure swashbuckling delight. Kirkman's destruction of Ultimate X-Men continues...
Dec 15, 2012 Laura rated it liked it
Haha i've never read any of the other comics and randomly picked this up... The dialogue is a little cheesy haha but I like it. And the girls are so muscle tonned and skinny :( It makes me depressed..
Jedhua
Jan 16, 2016 Jedhua rated it it was ok
Book Info: This collection contains Ultimate X-Men issues #72-74, and Ultimate X-Men Annual #2. .
Chris
May 19, 2007 Chris marked it as to-read
I didn't know Kirkman had an Ultimate X run! I might have to break my embargo on the Ultimate line to check this out. . .
Jeff Raymond
Sep 29, 2010 Jeff Raymond rated it it was amazing
I’m officially hooked in again, no question. I did feel like the series was lagging more than a little bit, and it turns out that it picked up a bit and now I’m almost caught up. Recommended.
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Apr 04, 2008
Killerbobb
Killerbobb rated it liked it
Mar 20, 2013
Devonte Harvey
Devonte Harvey rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2013
Tim
Tim rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Dan Sich
Dan Sich rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2008
Joshua
Joshua rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2012
Omar
Omar rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2008
Ryan
Ryan rated it did not like it
Jan 22, 2013
Lawrence
Lawrence rated it it was amazing
May 10, 2012
John McGinnes
John McGinnes rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2015
Vitor Hugo alvim
Vitor Hugo alvim rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2013
Kat
Kat rated it liked it
Apr 25, 2008
Curioso
Curioso rated it it was amazing
Mar 10, 2013
Latertuesday
Latertuesday rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2012
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Dec 19, 2012
Sarah Taylor
Sarah Taylor rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2012
Shaggy
Shaggy rated it it was amazing
Dec 06, 2009
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 13: Magnetic North
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 7: Blockbuster
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 6: Return of the King
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 19: Absolute Power
More about Robert Kirkman...

Ultimate X-Men (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Ultimate X-Men, Volume 1: The Tomorrow People