Start by marking “Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 15: Magical” as Want to Read:
Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 15: Magical

Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 15: Magical (Ultimate X-Men trade paperbacks #15)

3.51 of 5 stars 3.51  ·  rating details  ·  716 ratings  ·  13 reviews
He's a media darling, a vital part of the X-Men dynamic and the newest member of the team. His name: the Magician Watch him live up to his name in ways you could never conceive. There is more - much, much more about this new mutant than any suspect. Meanwhile, a tormented Jean Grey is having great difficulty dealing with the results of the Shi'ar testing. Elsewhere...Dazzl ...more
Published January 17th 2007 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 15, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 15

Charles
Viridian5
It's interesting to see how these alternate versions of the X-Men are, even as parts of them are rooted in the classic characters, though some of the Ultimate versions disappoint me, like Ultimate Nightcrawler. (Not that the 616 Nightcrawler gets much love or understanding from most writers either.) The Magician shows how dangerous some mutant powers can be.

Though sometimes I'm reminded very strongly that this is basically paid, official fanfiction....
Fizzgig76
Reprints Ultimate X-Men #72-74 and Annual #2. The X-Men deal with new recruit Magician and also find they have a traitor on their team when Dazzler is kidnapped. Ultimate X-Men and the Ultimate line are amazing in that four issues feel like a one or two issue story. The story isn't bad, but it seems like what happens in the issues could be accomplished in much fewer issues and the collections can feel like a rip off for their price.
Brian
"Magical" concludes the story arc with Magician (very interesting in my opinion). The Annual #2 gives more focus on Nightcrawler, who apparently has some issues to work out. And lastly there's a two page bonus comic about why Professor X would call his cat "Mystique." I still don't know why, and am actually more confused now. Oh well.
Haha i've never read any of the other comics and randomly picked this up... The dialogue is a little cheesy haha but I like it. And the girls are so muscle tonned and skinny :( It makes me depressed..
Jeff Raymond
I’m officially hooked in again, no question. I did feel like the series was lagging more than a little bit, and it turns out that it picked up a bit and now I’m almost caught up. Recommended.
Chris
May 19, 2007 Chris marked it as to-read
I didn't know Kirkman had an Ultimate X run! I might have to break my embargo on the Ultimate line to check this out. . .
Orla
I don't like what they do with Nightcrawler in this series but the other characters remain strong.
Michael
The Magician plotline is pointless and feels like treading water before taking a dip.
Hilary
I wasn't crazy about this one. All the stuff with Nightcrawler was just weird.
Zach Danielson
Meh. Set up big conflict, then walk it back so that it never happened.
Brian
resolution to the Magician storyline and Dazzler's 'story'
Teel
Aug 31, 2010 Teel added it
...it was all a dream. (Ugh!)
Joey Heflich
Joey Heflich marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Rick Hunter
Rick Hunter marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 7: Blockbuster
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 6: Return of the King
  • Ultimate X-Men, Vol. 19: Absolute Power
  • Ultimate Fantastic Four, Vol. 9: Silver Surfer
More about Robert Kirkman...
The Walking Dead, Vol. 01: Days Gone Bye The Walking Dead, Compendium 1 The Walking Dead, Book One The Walking Dead, Vol. 08: Made to Suffer The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us