Start by marking “Five Days of the Ghost” as Want to Read:
Five Days of the Ghost

Five Days of the Ghost

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Poking around a sacred Indian burial ground in the middle of the night with her brother, John, isn't Karen Stone's idea of a great way to start off the summer. But she lets John talk her into it, and the two are plunged into a world they never imagined existed - a world where past and present blend, where the spirits of the dead communicate with the living. With the help o ...more
Published March 1st 1992 by Fitzhenry & Whiteside (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Five Days of the Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five Days of the Ghost

Bianca
May 16, 2015 Bianca rated it really liked it
Shelves: may-15, fiction
Karen is going through tough times and paranormal things start to happen to her after visiting a graveyard on a forbidden island with her brother. The two siblings and a friend discover the history of their house and the horror that happened in it before. John and Noah gather information that is different from Karen's. In the end, they discover something that they never would have guessed in the beginning.

I picked this book up because I have never really read and finished a horror novel. It see
Sam
Jun 09, 2012 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teens, adventure, mystery
Exploring a sacred Indian burial ground in the middle of the night isn't Karen's idea of a great start to the holidays. But she lets her brother talk her into it and that night they row across the lake to the forbidden island. What they find there plunges them into a world they never thought existed; a world where past and present blend and the spirits of the dead communicate with the living. With the help of John's school friend, Weird Noah, an expert on the supernatural, Karen and John try to ...more
Olive
Feb 27, 2015 Olive rated it really liked it
I love this book. The story is based in my town and I've actually been to the real island. Really cool!
Joshua Blanc
Jul 18, 2011 Joshua Blanc rated it liked it
Overall not a bad ghost story with some fun characters (particularly Chief Copegog). It's been a while since I've read a novel written in the first person, and in this case I found there were a lot of irrelevant passages (telling us what each character is wearing in every scene, for instance). The book is set in a real location (Orillia, Ontario) and delves into some historical background so it's interesting from that aspect as well.
Trixi
Nov 24, 2009 Trixi rated it really liked it
I read this book when i was in elementary school and it scared the hell out of me!! Perfect for a youngester who wants a good, scary thriller.
Kereesa
Oct 16, 2015 Kereesa rated it really liked it
Read this in 7th grade and adored it. Finally found a copy after all these years. Let's hope it's as good as I remember :P
Julia
Jan 27, 2009 Julia rated it really liked it
A spooky ghost story set in Orillia. There's a bit of local history and several scary (and not so scary)ghosts.
Maria
Jul 02, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
One of my favourite childhood stories. I still get ghostbumps just thinking about it.
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2016
Relanni
Relanni marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2016
Barbara Bucheli
Barbara Bucheli rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2016
Kirat
Kirat is currently reading it
Mar 08, 2016
Ashley
Ashley added it
Feb 28, 2016
Trixi Virtucucio
Trixi Virtucucio rated it it was ok
Feb 26, 2016
Emilie
Emilie added it
Feb 05, 2016
Breeze
Breeze added it
Jan 27, 2016
DelaneyB
DelaneyB marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2016
Lareina
Lareina marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2015
Coco
Coco marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2015
lori-ann quattrociocchi
lori-ann quattrociocchi rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2015
Majer
Majer rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2015
Yalee Karan
Yalee Karan marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
GuessAgain
GuessAgain marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2015
Lindsy Fish
Lindsy Fish marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Kellon
Kellon marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
William Bell is an award-winning author of more than a dozen books for young adults.

Born in Toronto, Ontario in 1945, he has been a high school English teacher and department head, and an instructor at the Harbin University of Science and Technology, the Foreign Affairs College in Beijing, and the University of British Columbia.
More about William Bell...

“Suddenly it didn't look like the home I loved. It looked like an enemy.” 0 likes