Start by marking “More Than Passion (Dashing Nobles, #1)” as Want to Read:
More Than Passion (Dashing Nobles, #1)

More Than Passion (Dashing Nobles #1)

Geoffrey Kane, Earl of Kanewood refuses to feel anything more than passion. Four years ago, his fiancée betrayed him and he has no desire to experience that again so when he meets the beautiful Rebecca Kingsley, it’s passion at first sight. And only passion.

Rebecca has led a very quiet life working for her father at a small country inn. When she meets Geoffrey she falls in
Published May 1st 2012 by Lachesis Publishing

To ask other readers questions about More Than Passion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More Than Passion

Mine Till Midnight by Lisa KleypasA Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLeanSeduce Me at Sunrise by Lisa KleypasThe Duke Is Mine by Eloisa JamesUndone by Lila DiPasqua
Best Historical Romance Covers
202nd out of 480 books — 243 voters
The 5th Wave by Rick YanceyGameboard of the Gods by Richelle MeadMind Games by Kiersten WhiteThe Program by Suzanne YoungLet the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger
First In Series (2013)
399th out of 1,040 books — 2,342 voters

More lists with this book...

Shelly
Feb 11, 2016 Shelly rated it did not like it
Holy mother of God, how does this book have so many good reviews? Thank goodness I got this book for free, because if I had paid for it, I'd be angry for wasting even 99 cents. I made it to chapter 9, before I just finally decided to give up, not worth the time. First, the writing and dialogue feel choppy and sparse, not very fluid or interesting, in fact downright strange. I caught myself stopping several times thinking I'd skimmed over something, as now they were talking about something ...more
Brenda Sparks
Jan 24, 2013 Brenda Sparks rated it really liked it
This story was well written with great characters and storyline that kept this reader engaged. A few scenes seemed rushed but then that was probably because I fell for Geoffrey Kane and wanted more of him. Overall a really fun Regency novel.
Vikki Vaught
Rating 3.5 stars

This story has moments of brilliance, yet at other times, it fails to deliver. As far as the characters, I liked Rebecca (can’t call her Becca, which is Geoffrey’s name for her, way too modern for a Regency) and thoroughly enjoyed Geoffrey. I totally bought why he had trust issues, based on what happened with his former betrothed. The plot twists are intriguing and the pacing kept me turning the pages to see what would happen next. The sexual scenes are hot and the first half of
Gabrielle
Jul 09, 2015 Gabrielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-ebooks
I would definitely say the main characters coupling was based on lust. There was not much getting to know each other. I know in that time period you didn't really get to know each other that well before marriage but this book rushed the nuptials and it wasn't even an arranged marriage. I think there was sex in every chapter. If you like that kind of thing then this is the book for you. I like more of a story to go with my romance.
Michele Lacroix
Apr 24, 2013 Michele Lacroix rated it did not like it
I couldn't finish this book, it was that bad. thank goodness it was only .99. An Earl marrying a innkeepers daughter... I thought I could stomach it, but I could only get through the first seven chapters. I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone.
Juanita
Jan 11, 2014 Juanita rated it did not like it
I'm glad this book only cost .99$ on my Kindle. It started off okay but the more I read the more eye rolling I did. There was so many problems from the beginning. I know it's fiction and a romance which means that you can expect some unrealistc plots. However, when an author writes about a certain time period and society she should be true historically to the time period. An earl who married a girl whose dad owned an inn would not de accepted by the Ton in general add the fact that she was ...more
Peggy N
Jan 29, 2014 Peggy N rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: historic romance fans
Recommended to Peggy by: Nook Book library aselections
More than Passion by JoMarie DeGioia finds its setting in
Victorian England in the days of Earls and Dukes and fair maidens. Geoffrey Kane, Earl of Kanewood is a man who was betrayed by his fiancée some years back and has but one use for women. That is how his life was until he met by a chance encounter the beautiful raven haired daughter of an inn keeper. He was determined not to find more with her than passion, but as the story unfolds he finds love. He also finds someone has taken his identit
Marise Charles
Jul 19, 2015 Marise Charles rated it did not like it
I feel as though I should have been paid to read this. To quote Frozen "You can't marry a guy you just met" seems adequate enough to me. They knew each other for what... 3 or 4 days before getting hitched? And then it just went south from there. The only good parts where when the Fab Four were investigating things, and even then it was hard pressed.

To sum this book up, I have read better novels directed at teens. And to be honest, if I never come across another one of this authors books again, I
Tinsoni
Jul 21, 2015 Tinsoni rated it liked it
I don't like to be extra critical because what didn't work for me is someone else's ideal romance novel. The only thing that made this book unacceptable for me was how nicely (cookie cutter nice) everything was plotted and resolved. I am a vicarious reader and it doesn't take much for me to lose myself in a story...with this book I was painfully aware of the fact that I was just reading a book....and the people in it were characters of fiction (no relatability factor at all). Yep that's all.
Steph
Jan 14, 2014 Steph rated it really liked it
This book was love at first page. Something just sucked me in. I stayed up reading the whole thing. I had all the right parts of a steamy romance novel. I was a bit predictable on some parts which is why did not give it full stars. I hope the other books in this series are just as good.
S.E. Nelson
Jan 18, 2014 S.E. Nelson rated it it was amazing
I love historical romances and this did not disappoint me. The story had me from beginning to end. Geoffrey and Rebecca's story was fun to read about and both of their families were equally interesting. Highly recommended.
Judy Riley
Jun 09, 2014 Judy Riley rated it it was amazing
Wonderful read

Wonderful read

It kept my attention. Ready to read more. looking up more from the author. Give it a chance you will be hooked.
Kimberli Trenholm
Sep 08, 2014 Kimberli Trenholm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
It started a little too quickly, for my tastes... but all in all a classic for the avid romance reader.
Ofelia
Mar 23, 2014 Ofelia rated it it was amazing
A really great read. loved the story since i started reading it.
KyBunnies
Originally posted at Bunny's Review

Starting out we are quickly introduced to Geoffrey the hero. Someone who acts like life is very busy and he does not have time to stop and smell the roses. He is still trying to adjust to being the Earl of Kanewood and all duties. When his carriage cracks a wheel he decides a break from everything might help him make some decisions.

On first meeting Rebecca, Geoffrey is a little taken with her beauty.

Geoffrey raised an eyebrow at that. This beautiful creature wa
Judy
Sep 19, 2015 Judy rated it liked it
I'm on a romance novel kick lately. Partly because BookBub has let me know that many of them are free, so I keep "buying" them. It's also easier to read these rather than something more involved while I'm chasing my two kids around. On to the review.

This was a fun little read. Geoffrey Kane gets stuck in a small town as he waits for someone to fix the wheel on his carriage, and stays at an inn, where he meets Rebecca Kingsley. Events moved very quickly from there. They shared a kiss in, what, t
Stephanie Burkhart
Jul 22, 2014 Stephanie Burkhart rated it liked it
"More Than Passion" is a story full of intrigue set against a historical backdrop. It's England, 1822, and Geoffrey Kate, the Earl of Kanewood, is on his way home when his carriage is damaged. He stops in Oakham to see to the repair where he falls under the spell of Rebecca Kingsley.

Rebecca is a young maid and works at her father's establishment, the Raven's Inn. He's trying to marry her off, but passion ignites between Geoffrey and Rebecca. They're caught in a comprising manner and marry hastil
Nicole
Nov 29, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it
This was a delightful tale full of passion, romance, and mild mystery. The connection between Becca and Geoffrey is instant, which is new for Becca, as she has previously diverted male attentions. Geoffrey is also reluctant to admit his love, since his fiancee had cheated on him with his brother, whom she ended up marrying when she got pregnant. The sexual encounters between Becca and Geoffrey are steamy, lust-filled, and sufficiently descriptive. The mystery of who is trying to ruin Geoffrey is ...more
Tonileg
Sep 30, 2015 Tonileg rated it it was ok
Historical English fiction with some crazy plot twists like secret baby parents, death threats, white collar thievery and an impossible marriage with a Inn keepers daughter and a rich titled guy.
Nothing based on reality in this story, but I kind of liked that because the story was never boring!
We get the inconvenienced Lord Geoffrey Kane, Earl of Kanewood who is stuck in the middle of nowhere because of a broken carriage wheel when he stays at the fanciest Inn that he has ever seen, and promptly
Heather
Feb 04, 2014 Heather rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. I was hesitant due to some of the previous reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised by it.
Rebecca is a young, beautiful and naive woman who is working with her father at their London Inn. She is very quickly taken with a handsome man, Geoffrey, who has become stuck in town due to a damaged carriage wheel. This is your typical man meets woman and falls quickly scenario, but with a few little twists along the way.
Geoffrey is an Earl who was burned by a woman he thought h
Lauren
Mar 28, 2014 Lauren rated it liked it
Aaaah, Regency Romance. Can you ever go wrong with Regency Romance?

This one isn't half bad. I thought it was cute the way Rebecca had no clue Geoffrey was a earl until she married him. But her naivety was laughable. I don't care if it's "back in the day" - the girl spent how many years working at the inn where she lived but was still so woefully innocent that she doesn't notice or see the effect she has on men??? Give me a fucking break.
Geoffrey seemed a little needy - the way he constantly ne
Jacqueline Fisher
Sep 17, 2015 Jacqueline Fisher rated it liked it
Okay

I usually like a woman with a bit more spunk and fire to them. There didn't seem to be a lot of suspense as in other historical romance novels, but there sure was a lot of drama..... big time, I don't know who was the biggest one. I did love Lady Margaret. I don't want to be a spoiler .

I didn't care for all the drama. Other than that, the book was okay. I had to put the book down several times, but it finally picked up towards the end.

If you like massive drama and whiny characters, then I th
Amalina
Aug 21, 2014 Amalina rated it liked it
Julie
Jan 08, 2013 Julie rated it it was ok
This book had so much potential. I liked the hero and the author did well with the setting, but she "told" too much of the story and didn't show it. It was more, they went to dinner, then they went home, then up the stairs. Not a lot of "realness" to it at all, just a story told, not felt. It was hard to really get into for that reason alone, but also because there were several things that happened plot-wise that were implausible and the characters seemed one-dimensional. I think the author just ...more
Lorraine Anton
Jun 12, 2016 Lorraine Anton rated it really liked it
Great

Geoffrey is an Earl. He is out and is carriage breaks down. The wheel needs fixing. He goes to the inn. He meets Thomas. Then he sees Rebecca, his daughter, she is ravishing. He can't keep his eyes of her.
WOW
"Don't I know it. I better get her wed while she's still pure". Thomas paused, " A virgin would fetch a high price around these parts."
His brother and sister in law wanted his position so they started all this trouble.
Geoffrey decided to wed her.
Everyone else adores her.
I like most of
Kitkat01
Dec 28, 2012 Kitkat01 rated it it was ok
This story was pathetic. It had potential but didn't live up to any of it. People that I was suppose to dislike I felt sorry for, others who I was suppose to like and sympathize with I felt contempt for. The H and h were, in the end, both quite needy and annoying. All the Characters were one dimensional. The entire story felt like a hodgepodge of different overdone story ideas smashed together to make one and on a very superficial level. The reason I'm giving it two stars is that the first half ...more
Ariana Baxter
3.5 Stars

It's lust at first sight for Rebecca and Geoffrey, and when they are caught in a compromising position, they marry in haste. Their relationship is tested before they even have a chance to find out if there is more than passion between them, when Geoffrey has some problems arise at his estate.

The love scenes are scorching, and the mystery keeps the pages turning as we get to know the two characters. The background characters are interesting, also, fleshing out the story.

This was a fast r
Keri
Apr 04, 2016 Keri rated it really liked it
Excellent book

I loved this book. It had the marriage of convenience detail , sort of, and the hero and heroine working on finding a happily ever after. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because our leading characters became lovers so fast and the heroine professing her love after knowing the hero less than a week. It just seemed a bit fast to me even for an historical romance novel. It did have an epilogue and the only conflict was evil family members.
Alan
May 12, 2015 Alan added it
Finding love when you least expect it!

A conspiracy from the second brother to end he's older brother life to claim his title,land,an money back fires when his carriage breaks down at the wrong time an lands him in a quaint small village where he meets a beautiful young woman at a inn falls in love with her an marrieds her an it further upsets he's brothers plan unknown to him yet.The plot continues thru to the end of the book you don't want it to end.A must read!
  • Mine, All Mine
  • Caroline and the Duke
  • Loving the Earl (Secrets & Seduction, #2)
  • To Tempt An Angel (Douglas, #1)
  • Oh, Cherry Ripe
  • Forgotten Time (Ravenhurst, #1 )
  • The Wary Widow (Wetherby Brides, #3)
  • No Place for a Lady (Regency Rags to Riches, #1)
  • His Impassioned Proposal (Bridgethorpe Brides, #1)
  • Seductive Secrets (Secret Lives, #1)
  • Rogue's Honor (The Saint of Seven Dials, #1)
  • The Defiant Governess (Lessons in Love, #1)
  • In the Barrister's Bed (Regency Barrister, #2)
  • The First Sinners (The Sinners Club, #0.5)
  • Once Upon a Ballroom
  • Kissing in the Dark (Grayson Brothers, #4)
  • True Highland Spirit (Highlander #3)
  • The Dissolute Duke (Wellinghams, #4)
JoMarie DeGioia is a bestselling author of Historical and Contemporary Romance. She’s known Mickey Mouse from the “inside,” has been a copyeditor for her tiny town’s newspaper, and a bookseller. A hybrid author, she also writes Young Adult Fantasy/Adventure stories, New Adult Romance and Paranormal Romance. She gets lost in DIY projects around the house and works out plot ideas during long runs. ...more
More about JoMarie DeGioia...

Dashing Nobles (4 books)
  • Pride and Fire (Dashing Nobles, #2)
  • Just Perfect (Dashing Nobles, #2.5)
  • More Than Charming (Dashing Nobles, #3)