Start by marking “Fantastic Four: War Zone” as Want to Read:
Fantastic Four: War Zone

Fantastic Four: War Zone

3.32  ·  Rating Details  ·  37 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
They are the Earth's most revered protectors: Reed Richards, Susan Richards, Ben Grimm, and Johnny Storm -- the Fantastic Four. Celebrities around the globe and defenders of mankind, these extraordinary individuals have sworn to confront the perils and challenges facing the modern world and each other, always with unyielding courage, unerring wisdom, and an unshakable fami ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 275 pages
Published July 26th 2005 by Pocket Star Books (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Fantastic Four, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fantastic Four

Gaisce
Feb 10, 2013 Gaisce rated it really liked it
A rare day off for the Fantastic Four turns into a impromptu war zone as they discover various creatures from the Negative Zone have invaded their dimension and are wreaking havoc. Now Mr. Fantastic and the Thing must go into the depths of the dangerous Negative Zone to discover the cause behind it while the Invisible Woman and the Human Torch stay behind to stave off the threat.

Greg Cox is one of my favorite comic book novelization writers because he really tends to make it feel like part of th
David
Jun 22, 2015 David rated it really liked it
I think Greg Cox mixes in enough realism with melodrama to make a comic book novel work like it ought to.

The melodrama I speak of is found in the bad guys' speech and at times, as I read it, I laughed out loud at how melodramatic it was.. Yet, I enjoyed the melodrama of it... much as I enjoyed the villains in the old Knott's Berry Farm Birdcage Theater melodrama plays...

Here's a couple of examples-- remember I'm saying I liked this dialogue and enjoyed it, even as I found it humorous

Annihilus:
Easton Livingston
Feb 18, 2015 Easton Livingston rated it liked it
I started this book a couple times, each time getting a paragraph further but not really getting into the first setting of the book. I finally decided to buckle down and read the book. I'm glad I did. After getting through the first part of the initial setting, the book had me hooked for its entirety.

Don't let my three stars dissuade you in the least. I enjoyed this book. Greg Cox's writing keeps you compelled to follow the family adventure. There's some good writing here.

A full review link is
Gary
Mar 18, 2016 Gary rated it it was amazing
A wonderful read for people who use to read comic books.
John
Mar 05, 2013 John rated it really liked it
I read this book around 5 or 6 years ago. At the time, the book ratings (on other sites) wasn't that great. Personally I enjoyed it. After reading it, i put it away and forgot all about it.

Last month, I found it while cleaning my stuff and decided to read it again. I didn't remember the story. But i'm glad I read it again.

Excellent book. Fast paced. Intriguing story
Stanley
Jun 08, 2008 Stanley rated it really liked it
The Fantastic Four were having the time of their lives until creatures from another dimension invaded their dimension. After capturing the creatures, they learn of a plot that would put their universe at stake. Is the Fantastic Four capable enough to stop the plot and defend Earth at the same time?
Robert Bowers
Feb 13, 2016 Robert Bowers rated it it was amazing
This is by far a better FF story than any I've read in novel form in a LONG time!
Tara
Tara added it
May 09, 2016
Nate
Nate marked it as to-read
May 07, 2016
Caiaai
Caiaai added it
Apr 03, 2016
Megan
Megan rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2016
Vincent Hall
Vincent Hall marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
Roger
Roger added it
Jan 25, 2016
David Wardrop
David Wardrop rated it it was ok
Jan 01, 2016
mary
mary rated it really liked it
Dec 09, 2015
Chris Carter
Chris Carter rated it liked it
Mar 06, 2016
jeremy goldberg
jeremy goldberg marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2015
TONY
TONY rated it really liked it
Sep 30, 2015
Joel Gomes
Joel Gomes marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Cassie
Cassie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Frank Branch
Frank Branch rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2015
Kelen Conley
Kelen Conley rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Joshua Hess
Joshua Hess rated it it was amazing
Jul 06, 2015
Shannon
Shannon rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2016
Thea Wilson
Thea Wilson marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015