Start by marking “The Navy Seal's Promise” as Want to Read:
The Navy Seal's Promise

The Navy Seal's Promise

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  674 ratings  ·  64 reviews
With only 48 hours back on home soil for Christmas, United States Army Corporal Saskia Cullen is desperate to spend every minute with her young son. So when heavy snowfall closes JFK airport and she misses her connecting flight, she’s devastated. Until Navy SEAL Luke Gray offers to keep her company… and then personally finds a way to get her home.

Luke is back in the US on
Published September 27th 2012 by SORAYA LANE

To ask other readers questions about The Navy Seal's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Navy Seal's Promise

Mistletoe Magic by Melissa McCloneHalfway to Nowhere by Steena HolmesHome For Christmas by Melissa McCloneA Cowboy For Christmas by Katherine GarberaA Case for Calamity by Mackenzie Crowne
Christmas and Winter Novellas
57th out of 233 books — 327 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothWalking Disaster by Jamie McGuireClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareReckless by S.C. StephensEntwined with You by Sylvia Day
2013 GOTTA HAVE IT
497th out of 602 books — 820 voters

More lists with this book...

Nas Dean
THE NAVY SEAL'S PROMISE by author Soraya Lane is a September 2012 release.

United States Army Corporal Saskia Cullen comes home just for 48hrs to spend Christmas with her son. But her connecting flight is grounded due to heavy snow.

Navy SEAL Luke Gray just met her on the flight but for some reason he can't see Saskia disappointed and vows to make her meet her son and fulfill her promise. Why does Luke want to do this for a starnger? Why would he want to make a stranger fulfill her promise to a lo
Susan
Fantastic story. I connected with Saskia and Luke right away. With only two days before she had to return overseas, Saskia is heartbroken when weather cancels her flight home to see her son. Her seatmate on the previous flight, Luke is drawn to the sexy soldier and promises that he will get her home. I could feel Saskia's love for her son and her desperation to make it home to see him. There was also her connection with Luke, something that was totally unexpected for her. She couldn't believe he ...more
Janhvi
The Navy Seal's promise was a cute and heartwarming read. It was the first novel I'd read by Soraya Lane. It was quick paced and flowed smoothly. It was a short read and still it left me with a smile on my face.

The story is about Luke Gray, a Navy SEAL who meets United States Army Corporal Saskia Cullen on a flight. Saskia is headed home for Christmas on 48 hours leave hoping to see her son. But unfortunately she finds herself stranded on JFK due to a snowstorm. This is when Luke decides to help
Emma
A sweet short story that's well worth a read.
Amanda (Hootie) Clark
Very cute, romantic story!
Jane
After reading The Navy Seal's Promise, I read most of the reviews and the negative comments about how 48 hour leaves were not given, not giving leave in the last few months of deployment, etc. This is a story or fantasy and the author has the right to write her fantasy to fit her story line. I personally do not read fiction to see how close it is to reality; I have enough reality everyday.

The two main characters were both strong personalities and I liked how the author used the common strong poi
Desere
Trying to get home to see your son ,getting stranded on the way with a sexy as sin Navy Seal ...sounds very appealing right well of course it does !

Soraya Lane is a new author to me and I have never read her work before so I in all honesty did not know what to expect as I have long been a fan of romance and also of Navy Seal/Military books but I have my selected authors that I know will incorporate enough military tit bits into the book to perfectly mix in with the romance.

I very quickly learned
Sandy
THE NAVY SEAL’S PROMISE by Soraya Lane

THE NAVY SEAL’S PROMISE is a short story from Soraya Lane’s contemporary romance line of novels. Like many novellas, the storyline is quick paced, to the point and the romance is heartwarming.

The story focuses on two members of the military home for the holidays when they find themselves stranded in a snowstorm at the airport on Christmas Eve. Saskia Cullen is a corporal in the army, on 48 hours leave, hoping to see her young son on Christmas Day before her
Charlie
"Her saviour. Her knight on a white horse somehow promising to get her where she needed to be."

This book just screams sweetness! I expected a bit more hard ass characters in this since they were in military, but no. Saskia is so feminine and cute, while Luke seems like a man-next-door/knight-in-shining-armor kind of guy. I can easily forget them being in the military and get lost in the story.

A chance meeting that turned into something. I love the fast-paced plot that didn't gave room for dr
Maria
This independent release from Harlequin Mills and Boon author Soraya Lane topped the Amazon charts recently. It's a heartwarming love story which tells us that the little things are just as important as the big things - sometimes.

Luke can hardly believe that the beautiful woman who's been sleeping on his shoulder for most of the plane journey is a soldier, US Army Corporal Saskia Cullen. Corporal Cullan is home on 48 hours leave to spend Christmas with her young son. But as the airport is envel
Racheal
This was such a fantastic story to read. Not only was it a great story line but the relationship between the two characters had such chemistry that the reader could easily find themselves getting involved with what happens next.
Saskia Cullen has a 48 hour leave from the Army and is looking forward to spending Christmas with her young son. Luke Gray is a Navy SEAL and is also home on a short leave. When a terrible snowstorm shuts down the airport and all connecting flights have been cancelled, S
Inga
My review:

The Navy Seal's Promise by Soraya Lane is a sweet and lovable novella with wonderful characters. It is well written and easy to read. The only thing I was sorry about was the length of the novella, it was too short! I would have wanted to read more about the main characters.

US Army Corporal Saskia Cullen is on her way home for Christmas. She has only two days to get home to visit her son an be back again on dutie. During her flight to US she meets Luke who is also on his way back home.
Erica
United States Army Corporal Saskia Cullen has 48 hours leave, just enough time to spend Christmas with her son. The problem is that she's snowed in and it looks as if she won't make it home on time. Her knight in shining armor is the sexy Luke Gray that she meets on her plane. He knows what her life is like because he's a Navy Seal. He makes her a promise that he'd get her home in time for Christmas dinner, calling in a favor to make it happen.

On the way, they find they have a lot in common and
Kari
Soraya Lane is back with a new story for this holiday season. Saskia and Luke are both home on leave, but a snow storm has stranded them in the airport. Saskia is desperate to get home to her son for Christmas. Navy Seal's Promise is a short novella. That was my only complaint. It was too short! I wanted more of Saskia and Luke together. I felt like I had a good sense of their back story, but I wanted to see more of what happened after their deployments and reunion. Right from the start, the att ...more
Veeroo Arreola
Una corta historia muy padre y rapidísima de leer. Todo pasa en 24 hrs., así que hay momentos en que te cuesta creer ciertas cosas pero a pesar de ello, me gustó.
Nicole
It was a cute, sweet, heart-warming, short read. I recommend it :)
diana marcela Ballestas
I really liked, but I feel I am missing something, I would qualify 3.5
Has good plot, and an interesting development, however, lacking in a little suspense and tension to create environment.
Marcy
Army Corporal Saskia Cullen is on her way home for 48 hours to spend time with her young son for Christmas. She meets Navy SEAL Luke Gray when she wakes up on his shoulder on the plane. Due to blizzard conditions the airport shuts down and she's unable to catch her last flight to make it home in time. But after calling in a favor, Luke finds a way to get her there. And along the way they discover an attraction that could lead to something more.

This was a really cute story that takes place at Chr
Laura Elizabeth
Disclaimer: Its a really short read!

So two weeks ago, I missed work a little being sick and therefore refused to spend any extra money on my Amazon/Kindle account until I got a better paycheck. Call it being responsible.

In doing so, I got this little freebie, and it was actually pretty good. I mean I'd call it a 3.5 star read, and while I dont really like romances that have the characters "in love" in seconds... okay, days, of meeting, it was a good story.

It must be pretty decent to others too,
N. Kuhn
This was a short, sweet, endearing story. Two military people meet on a flight. Connecting flight gets canceled due to weather. Woman needs to get home to see her son on her 2 days leave. Man promises to get her there. There's some sexy moments, some sweet moments, and ones to make you smile. This is worth taking time to curl up with a blanket on a Sunday afternoon and read. There's nothing overtly deep to it, nothing to make you go, WOW, it's just short and simple.
Lynn
Got this from Amazon Prime's lending library. It is a fairly cute, sweet and in one part steamy romance. Sure it came together in a questionably realistic HEA but that is why I read this type of thing- so I know everything will end super happy regardless of the likelihood (hey- it could happen- don't judge me!). Don't think to much on the details on this one and just enjoy the story for what it is.
Nancy
When I cracked open this book last night at 9 I didn't anticipate finishing it by 10:30. It's very short, easy to read and has a happy ending. Not much else to say. I did like that the military was portrayed in a positive light and to have 2 branches get together was unique. If you're looking for a really quick read, borrow it from my library and enjoy.
Ellen
I got this for free on amazon. I havent read anything by this author before and it was a nice surprise . I enjoyed the story, a mom trying to get home to her son and a navy seal helps her get there, a snow storm and some chemistry between them and you have a nice quick read. It was worth the time to read.
Gina
This book was good, for what it was. Short, sweet and to the point can never be bad, right? My only disappointment was the "sizzle". They kept talking about their attraction, but when it came time, there wasn't any real spark. The stuff with her son was touching, it even had me choked up! A good, quick read!
Patricia
Short and utterly romantic. Luke was yummy, the characters were very natural and straightforward, they both had a past. I got all emotional with some bits, especially the ones related to her son....being a mom myself makes me weep when I read about sad little boys.
Jan Mcleod
This was a good story about two military people on leave during a snow storm. It was told without a lot of unnecessary beating around the bush and repetition in the story. It is told forthright and is interesting. I will be reading this author again.
This story was a perfect example of an extremely well written short story. The length had no impact on the terrific character development and perfect plot. It was about choosing the moments to be showcased and glossing over unnecessary details.
Shelley Chastagner
Really enjoyable characters. I loved their interaction over trivial things and the one big thing, getting her home to her son on such a short leave. The hero comes through with flying colors and then some. The ending is sublime.
Adult read
Marse
Ay dios, que historia tan bonitaaaaaaaaaaaa<3 me encantó, quiero más de Luke :ccc
Super recomendable :)
Wendy
3.5 stars!

A sweet seal that keeps his promise.

I was hoping for more length. Otherwise I really enjoyed this story about two strangers fighting an undeniable attraction.
The ending definitely made me want more.
Goodreads Librari...: Superlibrarian needed for deletion 3 26 Aug 03, 2013 03:22AM
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • Remember Me
  • Christmas in Magnolia Cove
  • Cowboys and Angels (Aspen, #3)
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • Bearing All (Wild Men of Alaska, #4)
  • Naughty or Nice
  • Conquering Zeus (SEALs On Fire, #7)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • The Secret Christmas Ciphers
  • Touching Ghost (SEALs On Fire #6)
  • A Special Ops Christmas
  • Heat of Passion (Out of Uniform, #2)
  • Ice Gods
  • Text Me (Text Me, #1)
  • Stranded with a Scotsman
Voyage of the Heart Montana Reunion (Montana, #1) Change Montana Homecoming (Montana, #2) Rescued by the Rancher