Branded For You (Riding Tall, #1)

Branded For You (Riding Tall #1)

3.68 of 5 stars 3.68  ·  rating details  ·  563 ratings  ·  78 reviews
Megan Wilder doesn’t think there’s a man in this world who could love her just the way she is. After meeting sexy Ryan McBride, she suspects he might just be the one to change her mind.

With her family in danger of losing their restaurant and their home, a sudden illness has everything Megan thought was sure in her life crashing down around her. Finding out Ryan is the one...more
Published September 26th 2012 by Pink Zebra Publishing (first published January 1st 2012)

SheLove2Read
I have to review this two times. You'll see why.

1st review - reader is a 911 police dispatcher:
Divorced, overweight 30-something woman, bitter about her childlessness and having very little self esteem finds herself courted my hunkalicious cowboy who introduces himself to her at the county fair. Two dates later she agrees to go camping with him for an entire weekend in the Arizona wilderness. Sexy times ensue and he likes it hard and rough. She is never seen or heard from again.

OK so that last...more
Aimz
May 14, 2013 Aimz rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: cheesy
This was cute and I liked it.

[image error]

Was a little bit rushed but still an enjoyable read. The characters were likable.. well except the shithead bad guy but hey it happens. But I liked it.

Megan has moved to a new town to stay with family after her divorce. She lives with parents who aren't the most supportive or loving. She has some curves that cause her to have some insecurities. While at a county fair she meets Mr Sexy Cowboy Ryan. Ryan is sweet and caring... and then BOOM here comes Mr....more
Kari
This is a sweet romance between Megan, a woman who was mistreated by her ex, and Ryan, a sexy cowboy. Megan moves from New Mexico to Arizona to be closer to her parents and sister. There she meets Ryan at a country fair. They hit it off and decide to spend a weekend camping together in the wilderness. Ryan helps her out with some issues concerning her parents' restaurant, and Megan regains the self-confidence she lost when she was married to her ex. They move from like to love very fast, the ent...more
Jen
I'm honestly not sure what to think. This most definitely reads like a first time author let out to play, sans editor. Bigtime. But I've read other Cheyenne McCray stories and liked them. Sad to say but I'm dnf'ing for now.
Coachlady1
This is the 2nd book of McCray's that I've read & I have to say that I think in both I skipped at least 1/3 of them & still got the entire story because she's WAY too detailed in her descriptions.

Example: Gabriella returned with the margarita for Megan and the beer for Ryan and asked them if they were ready to order. Megan went with her favorite, two cheese enchiladas, and Ryan chose a plate of tacos with shredded beef. Both plates would include refried beans and Spanish rice.

OR: He the...more
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Megan wilder has been divorced for two months and is moving from New Mexico to Arizona to be closer to her parents and her sister. Even though she is leaving her past and her ex in New Mexico his years verbal abuse has left some scars.

Megan suffers from feeling inadequate about her body size. But that sure doesnt stop Ryan McBride from noticing her at the County Fair. The two hit it off and spend the day together and she agrees to see him again. They embark on a wonderful romance together.

A side...more
Dena
I thought this book was fascinating a man looking for love and a woman who has been hurt. Love it and this guy is a cowboy wow very yummy.

I liked how the storyline came together with a man trying to win a woman who didn't even know if she wanted to be won.

This is hard to articulate because it was such a straight forward story. I thought it was well written and the characters really drew you in. How do you tell someone you love them? How is it possible to get over someone who abuses you? These...more
Jody
Branded for You ~ Riding Tall takes place in Prescott, AZ. Recently divorced Megan meets Ryan at the local fair when her sister can't make it to meet her because her niece is sick. With the low self-image her ex-husband left her with, she is surprised that Ryan, a sexy, popular, handsome cowboy finds her attractive.

The story proceeds with a date to go dancing, a camping trip and then a family crisis. The bad guy enters the story and you will have to read it to find out if he gets away with his n...more
Bea
A sweet story with a romantic cowboy. Need I say more?
Dianne

Branded for You: Riding Tall Book 1 –Cheyenne McCray

Megan has been told repeatedly, that she just wasn’t good enough, that she was too fat by her ex-husband Bart the Fart. Now her confidence is in the dumpster and doesn’t think that anyone will love her just the way she is. That is, until she meets cowboy Ryan McBride. And this is one sexy cowboy! He is adored by kids, has a large and loving family, is patient, kind and did I already say sexy?

Even her parents don’t give her the respect...more
Melinda
So poor Megan! Everyone disregards her. Her parents are oblivious and really only focused on themselves and in the tradition of mothers, Megan's is so focused on trying to mold her into something she not. She has a sister that is supportive but her mom compares her to her sister all the time and finds her lacking. She had a fairly trifling (in reality abusive) husband that she's finally free of.

Now comes Ryan. Ryan sees a hot lady at the fair and decides this is the woman he wants to get to know...more
Toni-Beth
This book had so much going for it and it fell completely flat for me. The story was great and the characters were memorable, but the way it was written was awful. It lacked a lot in the description department, but the things she did decide to be descriptive about made no sense. I mean, I think we all know how to make s'mores and don't need 3 paragraphs describing how they made them.

As I said, I really enjoyed the story and there were parts that were really great. What annoyed me the most was t...more
Djg
Hm, I'm a little confused. I wouldn't think Cheyenne McCray wrote this if her name wasn't on the cover.It's a sweet predictable story but the romance was downright tepid. I've read Cheyenne McCray and I have to admit I was expecting erotic romance.

The characters were nice. Megan's marriage to a man who belittled and emotionally abused her ended when he left her for another woman. His parting shot was "Barb's not fat like you". Now a year later she's leaving Albuquerque and moving to Arizona to b...more
✿-Anna-✿
Joy Whiteside
This was an amazing read that once I started there was no stopping. I carried it everywhere with me until it was finished.

It moved along at an amazing pace, not slowing down, has characters that you cannot help but love and an incredible story that has a sexy cowboy, a little bit of mystery along with romance.

Cheyenne Mccray is an incredible author and I cannot wait to start another sexy cowboy book by her.
Carey Decevito
She was too fat, too dumb, not good enough. Well, at least that's what her ex-husband had told her.

When Megan Wilder picks up her life and moves to be closer to her parents, she never expected to meet Ryan, sexy, handsome, a man involved in his community, that loves to have fun and laugh. Hell, he even makes her feel sexy, desired and cherished.

A secret hides in the midst and when illness hits the family, the truths are bared. Problem was, should Megan believe what her mother perceived all along...more
Zee1
What can I say? Put a hot guy (or girl) on the cover, and I will probably end up reading it. So, while this made me roll my eyes a lot, and was pretty cheesy. I have to say I enjoyed it. I was looking for a pretty straightforward,fun, drama free romance with a non-asshole alpha. And this was it. Not to mention HOT sex scenes.
Mary Roya
Happily Ever After, sigh.... What a great story. I do enjoy stories where the heroine is a plus size. This story has adventure, drama and a happy ending. Great interaction between the characters. The heroine's Mother, now there is a mean woman. I loved how the heroine resolves their issues. I really enjoy and recommend this book.
Missy Jane
Cheyenne McCray is one of my favorite people and I really like her writing style. Unfortunately there were a few issues with this book that caught me off guard. There were a few typos, but not so many that I wanted to stop reading the book. There were also a couple of annoyances, such as mentioning that Creed was a Championship Bull Rider every time his name was mentioned.
Creed is not the hero, Ryan is. And WOW, what a hero. He is almost too good to be true. Things progress VERY quickly between...more
Jodie
The plot was relatively interesting, but the writing style didn't suit me. I found the authors habit of spelling out every single little thing that happened stopped me being able to enjoy the book. ie rather then saying they sat down in the restaurant she would tell us that she pulled out her chair and sat down, he took off his coat, pulled out his chair and sat down, she put her bag underneath the table, he picked up the menu etc... At times having thorough explanation is a boon, since it can h...more
Kumiko Lei  ~Lost In A Book~
This book was kind of meh for me.

Ryan was great, I really liked him, just wish his bedroom talk was a little more varied. Megan was grating on my nerves. Is it any wonder her parents treated her like an irresponsible teenager with her acting like one and all? I understand her parents were horrible with the verbal attacks and all and I can sympathize with that.

There were a lot of things that were unnecessarily detailed. It seemed like they were added in for filler or something because they made...more
Judith
A new novel by an author who really knows how to write hot and intense romance. That it involves a hot cowboy makes it even better. The chemistry between the main characters is great and the context of family and friendship that surround both Megan and Ryan expand the reader's awareness that nothing like real and authentic loving happens in a vacuum. I have read a number of McCray's writings and always found that she gives her readers intense love stories that smack of reality and give the reade...more
Deborah
This is a quick easy read, it has some good characters particulary Ryan who is almost too good to be true and just what Megan needs after being told she's too fat by her waste of space ex-husband. Her sister Tess is wonderful but for a lot of the book her mum is, for want of a better word a bitch. This is going to seem more critical than its supposed to but i found it very predictable, what little plot there was was obvious well before hand, it held no surprises at all, it's a very by the number...more
Katherine Bootie
It's nice to see a romance book where the main female character isn't a Barbie look alike. Quick read and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Dee
cute/quick read...I liked that the heroine was "curvy" but tired of the whole family not accepting her trope and her mother really irked me
Angi
Megan is divorced from her verbally abusive husband and looking to start her life over. She sells what is granted to her in the divorce and moves to Prescott to be closer to her parents and sister.
Not long after moving so found the one thing she never expected...she met Ryan. Ryan is a hot and sexy cowboy that is known and loved by everyone so Megan can't understand why he is attacted to her, the woman with the not-so-perfect body.
Finally after several unforunate events they finally confess to...more
Anna
I usually enjoy Cheyenne McCray's writing but not so much this time. It's not that it wasn't ok writing with moderately steamy love scenes, it was just a little too predictable and a little too much of the same.
Angie
Megan didn't have things easy. She meets Ryan and things begin to look up for Megan. Megan has some things happen in her life and push Ryan away. Ryan won't take no for an answer and is there for Megan and her family. Ryan was such a great guy!
Cynthia
Was a good book
  • Her Fated Cowboy (Harland County, #1)
  • Risk Is A Four-Letter Word (Four-Letter Word #1)
  • Tied and True  (Satyr's Myst #1-2)
  • Harm's Hunger (Bad in Boots, #1)
  • Sweet and Wild
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Surrender (Guilty Pleasures, #1)
  • Into the Arms of a Cowboy
  • My Kind of Trouble (Texas Trouble, #1)
  • Relentless (Aspen, #1)
  • Cooking For Cowboy
  • The Doctor Wears A Stetson (The Diamondback Ranch Series, #1)
  • At the Cowboy's Mercy (Taming the Cowboy, #1)
  • Indiana Wild (Spirit Pass, #1)
  • The Perfect Score
  • Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch, #4)
  • Malice Striker (Viking Vengeance, #1)
  • Crazy for Cowboy
"New York Times" and "USA Today" bestselling author Cheyenne McCray is the author of several series, including the new "Lawmen" series which debuted with the book "Hidden Prey."

Join Chey on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...
Chey's new Lawmen Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CheyenneMcCr...

Chey has three sons, two dogs, and is an Arizona native who loves the desert and all of...more
More about Cheyenne McCray...
Forbidden Magic (Magic, #1) Demons Not Included (Night Tracker, #1) Seduced by Magic (Magic, #2) Wicked Magic (Magic, #3) No Werewolves Allowed (Night Tracker, #2)