Start by marking “Night Thief (Night, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Night Thief (Night, #0.5)

Night Thief (Night 0.5)

After the fall of the Mayan civilization, Kane, an immortal Night Walker, has taken refuge in France for over 800 years. The modern world holds little interest for him until the night he meets the Golden Thief and is robbed of much more than his pocket watch.

Marguerite Rousseau is living a double life. By day she is the assistant to an eccentric French artist, Antoine Berj
Published September 28th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Ever After) (first published September 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Thief

Lisa Kessler
Sep 29, 2012 Lisa Kessler rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had so much fun writing this book!

I hope you'll enjoy reading it too...

Lisa :)
Joy (joyous reads)
Nov 05, 2012 Joy (joyous reads) rated it really liked it
Marguerite Rousseau was forced into a double life that she leads. During the day, she's known as the Le Voleur D’or, the golden thief. And at night, she's subjugated to that of a servant to an evil, malevolent oppressor.

Kane watched from afar as the golden haired beauty lured her victims to complacency until they find themselves stripped off their riches. When an opportunity afforded him the chance to uncover the real Marguerite, Kane was surprised with how familiar she was with his secret life
Melissa Cutler
Oct 10, 2012 Melissa Cutler rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kessler has done it again with an amazing addition to her NIGHT series. This time, we went with her back in time. I love the angst and passion of her characters and the way she paints a picture of the setting. I felt like I was in Paris with the hero and heroine. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Karla(Book Addict)
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
A quick and enticing bite from The Night Series world; Night Thief, was a fantastic little read to whet my appetite for the next full-length release in the spring, Night Demon.

Marguerite Rousseau is willing to lie, steal and cheat to get the money she needs to escape her sadistic master to the New World with her young cousin and as Le Voleur D’or, she gets away with it. Until one mysterious nobleman isn't fooled by her seductive act. Kane Bordeaux has been around centuries, living in France sin
Mirandia Berthold
I finished this book rather quickly, as it is a quick read. With the first chapter I was really unsure of how I was going to feel about this book, yet I kept reading, as I was still intrigued. The synopsis of the book is really what grabbed my attention in the first place and knew I would have to give it more than a chapter to get to the good stuff.

I will have to say that I now think that I am a new fan of Lisa Kessler, and I am so ready to read the other stories that are a part of the Night Ser
OMG! This is absolutely wonderful.. 18+ Read only..
Lisa has done it again!
I absolutely adore Lisa's crisp and clean writing style, she has a gift for writing and this novella is proof of that in itself.
I love this flow of this story, perfectly paced, with twists and turns that just boggled my mind. Kane is NOT a vampire, he is a 100% delicious, sexy, and HAWT DAYUM Immortal Night Walker.
Marguerite has her own agenda and when their worlds colide, is when this read really takes off and I could no
If you enjoy historical romances with a paranormal twist then this is the novella for you!

Kane & Marguerite (Rita) both spot each other at a party and their curiosities are roused. Hers because of his presence and the confidence he exudes and his because he could have sworn she just pickpocketed an unsuspecting gentleman while flirting with him.
I loved the tension between Kane and Rita as they try to figure out each others secrets without divulging their own, it soon becomes apparent that t
Sep 30, 2012 Holly rated it it was amazing
Night Thief is everything you can ask for in a full length book wrapped up in a novella. Kane and Rita's characters are well built and easy to form a connection with. An amazing addition to Lisa's Night Series but can be read as a stand alone. If you have read her first book Night Walker this will help ease the waiting pains until Night Demon is released and for anyone who has not yet read Night Walker I have to highly suggest that you do. This series is not one to miss and both books in it so f ...more
Karen Victoria
Jan 09, 2016 Karen Victoria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! What an awesome read...

Historicals are not my favorite. Regardless, I've never gave up on a book. Having read Lisa Kessler's Moon Series, I knew I wanted more from her. This novella surprised me because it was so thorough that it didn't seem possible to be kept to just 109 pages!
Very quickly I found myself in a descriptively decadent, action infused telling. Would I trade one monster for another? Would I be able to define what makes a monster? How could I be in love and not put my signific
Review coming soon...
Shirley Frances

Kane has been living among the humans in France since his brothers spread around the world after the fall of the Mayan civilization. As a Night Walker he roams the night feeding on those who mean to cause harm to others and has no tolerance for posturing in France's high society. One night his attention is drawn to a beautiful blond woman who has stolen from another man. He is determined to know more about her and sets out to meet her. However, he was not counting on how he would react
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Oct 24, 2012 Kayleigh {K-Books} rated it it was amazing
Night Thief Review on K-Books

"Love will not change who and what we are."

I have a major major love for Lisa Kessler's books. Back when I first started blogging I received this awesome novella for review called Across the Veil and there was no looking back. I was obsessed. And Lisa was the first author to truly talk to me and actually be interested in what I had to say so it's fair to say she was my very first author friend. Since then I have totally been stalking (not in a creepy way I promise)
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Dec 15, 2012 Jen (Red Hot Books) rated it really liked it
I could easily see the Night Walker series turning into one of my guilty pleasures. For me, it has a little bit of that Christine Feehan Carpathian feel. Old world, powerful heroes who are like vampires, but not quite vampires. Men who cherish their women, treat them like they hung the moon, and have a kind of hot sex with them that feels more sensual than dirty. All that good stuff without any white lightning, molten cores, or velvet over iron.

This particular story is kind of sequel, or maybe e
Carey Sabala
Oct 04, 2012 Carey Sabala rated it it was amazing
So first a little synopsis, you have drool worthy fashion rebel, Kane and you have "Rita", Marguerite Rousseau, as a thief who catches the eye of Kane. Kane is intrigued by her but he is well aware they come from two different worlds and nothing can ever bring those worlds together although little does he know, she's closer to his world then he knows........*evil cackle, muahahahaha* - totally not going to give any more spoilers then that. Lisa does a fabulous job blending a typical historical r ...more
Oct 26, 2012 Sabrina rated it it was amazing
I loved this book but can you blame me. The cover is gorgeous and then you add a sexy vampire named Kane and I was hooked.

Kane is an immortal charged with looking out for humans even though he drinks blood he only drinks from those who would do harm. Marguerite has her own agenda she is know as the Le Voleur D’or, or the golden thief. She is stealing to make enough money to get away from her monster of master. Kane is intrigued by Rita so he sets up a plan to meet her at a party by wearing his
Paranormal Reads
Oct 26, 2012 Paranormal Reads rated it it was amazing

Jun 18, 2013 Jessica rated it really liked it
There are several things I love about this novella. The clean writing style is rich and detailed, giving the reader the ability to jump into this novella without reading the first book of the series. The similarities and differences between nightwalkers and vampires created a fresh new take on the common vampire theme. Lastly, a heroine pickpocket was just such a fun change. I love when a heroine can take care of herself.

Kane was an interesting character. There was enough information given about
Oct 31, 2012 Marlene rated it really liked it
Originally posted at Reading Reality

Night Thief is both a prequel and a sequel to Lisa Kessler's Night Walker, the first published book in her Night series. I'll say up front that I loved Night Walker (review here), and I read Night Thief because I was eager to learn more of her mysterious creatures who are, but are not quite, vampires.

Night Thief takes place earlier in history, Paris in the 1840s instead of San Diego California in the present, but we read it after Night Walker, so we know the N
Mar 20, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it
This was my first from Lisa Kessler and first in the Night Series for me. I’ll admit, I was a little bit lost with the world since I jumped in with story 1.5. But, I do enjoy historicals, especially those set outside of England, and paranormal so this was a fun treat for me. I enjoyed the dynamics between Rita and Kane. She’s a young woman in a male dominated society trying to make the best for herself and her cousin. When they get caught in a bad situation, Rita does what she can to improve the ...more
Oct 03, 2012 Denise rated it it was amazing
When Kane thinks he sees a woman stealing from a man at a party, his curiosity is piqued. They call her Le Voleur D'or (The golden thief). She noticed his jeweled watch, he noticed her beauty. Each had a mission to run into each other again (albeit not for the same reasons).

Marguerite is desperate to get get out from under her "master". Men have hurt her in the past and she is always on guard. When Kane catches her going through her "finds" (including his jeweled watch); she denies being Le Vol
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Apr 10, 2013 Jennifer (random jendsmit) rated it really liked it
Shelves: upcoming-reviews
I love this author’s writing! She is just soooooooooo good at what she does. My first thought when I finished reading this was… WHY DID I NOT READ THIS IN OCTOBER WHEN IT WAS RELEASED?!
**yes in caps because I literally yelled at myself**

I loved that I didn’t need a refresh on Night Walker to love this book – it is a completely separate story. IMO, you don’t have to read Night Walker first… If you want an easy, fast, fun, and well written story look no further – pick this book up.
What else… oh I
Sep 11, 2016 Bobbie rated it it was amazing
Marguerite has to get away from her master, he's a monster. She has no choice but to charm men and steal their valuables to get passage to the new world. That was her plan until she meets Kane, a night walker. Kane will lose more then his valuables, he will lose his heart.
Mar 08, 2013 Froggarita rated it it was amazing
Oh, Lisa Kessler has done it again!! She has captured my imagination with this novella and run off with it! Rita is a beautiful blond who also happens to be an art thief. Kane is all dark and mysterious immortal vampire who protects humans while they sleep. I loved the interaction between the 2 and the chemistry was off the charts! The book was quick paced and kept me enthralled in the story until the very end! My only wish is that the book was longer so I could spend more time with Rita and Kan ...more
Dec 03, 2012 Sin rated it it was amazing
Night Thief is another winner for Lisa Kessler. Kane & Rita's story has it all.
The distrust turned to love makes your heart ache for this couple. The ending made me cry. I was so happy for them. Can not wait to see the further adventures of Kane & Rita along with Kane's brothers :)

A must read for all Lisa Kessler fans.
Aug 29, 2015 Livia rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of PNR romances (historical setting)
Recommended to Livia by: Lisa Kessler
‘He offered her more honesty than any man she’d known.’ ~ Rita

Minor spoilers alert!

I've been on a new-to-me-author reading kick lately, and Author Lisa Kessler is the latest to fall into that category. I read the synopsis and thought that Night Thief (Night, #0.5) would be a vampire historical romance. The concept intrigued me because I used to be an avid historical romance fan and never stopped being a huge vampire romance fan. Well, this novella wasn't exactly a vampire romance. I wrongly assu
Rachael Davila
Oct 15, 2012 Rachael Davila rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Rachael by: Lisa Kessler
I loved Kane and Rita's story. After Lisa read the first chapter at our local Lady Jane Salon, I was hooked. I finished the novella in one day and learned so much more about the Night Walker world. I loved the dialogue and supporting characters. Makes me want to go back and re-read NightWalker.
Oct 28, 2012 Sarah rated it it was amazing
I loved reading Night Thief. It's a very beautiful story. The characters and their relationship is wonderfully written. The world building is excellent since Lisa really makes you feel like you're there in Paris, France and not just reading along. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Oct 28, 2012 Nic rated it it was amazing
Amazing check for full review
Olivia Welch
Feb 18, 2013 Olivia Welch rated it it was amazing
Just love the plot of this one! Kane and the Theif! So perfect!
  • Blood Vengeance (Blood Curse, #7)
  • Chaos and Moonlight (Order of the Nines, #1)
  • Escaping Love (Koning Clan, #2)
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Hunter's Prey (Bloodhounds, #2)
  • HellFire (DemonSlayers #2)
  • A Tale of Two Djinns
  • Destiny (Hungry Moon, #2)
  • Hellhound: Prince of Fire (Hellhound, #3)
  • Passion After Dark (Passion, #1)
  • In Embers (Ember, #3)
  • Obsidian Souls (Souls, #1)
  • The Vampire Pendant  (Blood Genies, #1)
  • Eden-East (Eden, #4)
  • A Jaguar's Kiss
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler...

Night (3 books)
  • Night Walker (Night, #1)
  • Night Demon (Night, #2)
  • Night Child (Night, #3)