Start by marking “Night Thief (Night, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Night Thief (Night, #0.5)

Night Thief (Night 0.5)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  133 ratings  ·  49 reviews
After the fall of the Mayan civilization, Kane, an immortal Night Walker, has taken refuge in France for over 800 years. The modern world holds little interest for him until the night he meets the Golden Thief and is robbed of much more than his pocket watch.

Marguerite Rousseau is living a double life. By day she is the assistant to an eccentric French artist, Antoine Berj
Published September 28th 2012 by Entangled Publishing (Ever After) (first published September 27th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Night Thief, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night Thief

Lisa Kessler
Sep 29, 2012 Lisa Kessler rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  (Review from the author)
I had so much fun writing this book!

I hope you'll enjoy reading it too...

Lisa :)
Joy (joyous reads)
Marguerite Rousseau was forced into a double life that she leads. During the day, she's known as the Le Voleur D’or, the golden thief. And at night, she's subjugated to that of a servant to an evil, malevolent oppressor.

Kane watched from afar as the golden haired beauty lured her victims to complacency until they find themselves stripped off their riches. When an opportunity afforded him the chance to uncover the real Marguerite, Kane was surprised with how familiar she was with his secret life
Melissa Cutler
Lisa Kessler has done it again with an amazing addition to her NIGHT series. This time, we went with her back in time. I love the angst and passion of her characters and the way she paints a picture of the setting. I felt like I was in Paris with the hero and heroine. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Karla(Book Addict)
deleting reviews if you want to take a look at them you can do so on my blog, link on my profile
Crystal ♥ RBtWBC
A quick and enticing bite from The Night Series world; Night Thief, was a fantastic little read to whet my appetite for the next full-length release in the spring, Night Demon.

Marguerite Rousseau is willing to lie, steal and cheat to get the money she needs to escape her sadistic master to the New World with her young cousin and as Le Voleur D’or, she gets away with it. Until one mysterious nobleman isn't fooled by her seductive act. Kane Bordeaux has been around centuries, living in France sin
Mirandia Berthold
I finished this book rather quickly, as it is a quick read. With the first chapter I was really unsure of how I was going to feel about this book, yet I kept reading, as I was still intrigued. The synopsis of the book is really what grabbed my attention in the first place and knew I would have to give it more than a chapter to get to the good stuff.

I will have to say that I now think that I am a new fan of Lisa Kessler, and I am so ready to read the other stories that are a part of the Night Ser
W.H.
OMG! This is absolutely wonderful.. 18+ Read only..
Lisa has done it again!
I absolutely adore Lisa's crisp and clean writing style, she has a gift for writing and this novella is proof of that in itself.
I love this flow of this story, perfectly paced, with twists and turns that just boggled my mind. Kane is NOT a vampire, he is a 100% delicious, sexy, and HAWT DAYUM Immortal Night Walker.
Marguerite has her own agenda and when their worlds colide, is when this read really takes off and I could no
Michelle
If you enjoy historical romances with a paranormal twist then this is the novella for you!

Kane & Marguerite (Rita) both spot each other at a party and their curiosities are roused. Hers because of his presence and the confidence he exudes and his because he could have sworn she just pickpocketed an unsuspecting gentleman while flirting with him.
I loved the tension between Kane and Rita as they try to figure out each others secrets without divulging their own, it soon becomes apparent that t
Holly
Night Thief is everything you can ask for in a full length book wrapped up in a novella. Kane and Rita's characters are well built and easy to form a connection with. An amazing addition to Lisa's Night Series but can be read as a stand alone. If you have read her first book Night Walker this will help ease the waiting pains until Night Demon is released and for anyone who has not yet read Night Walker I have to highly suggest that you do. This series is not one to miss and both books in it so f ...more
Shirley Frances

Kane has been living among the humans in France since his brothers spread around the world after the fall of the Mayan civilization. As a Night Walker he roams the night feeding on those who mean to cause harm to others and has no tolerance for posturing in France's high society. One night his attention is drawn to a beautiful blond woman who has stolen from another man. He is determined to know more about her and sets out to meet her. However, he was not counting on how he would react
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Night Thief Review on K-Books

"Love will not change who and what we are."

I have a major major love for Lisa Kessler's books. Back when I first started blogging I received this awesome novella for review called Across the Veil and there was no looking back. I was obsessed. And Lisa was the first author to truly talk to me and actually be interested in what I had to say so it's fair to say she was my very first author friend. Since then I have totally been stalking (not in a creepy way I promise)
Jen (Red Hot Books)
I could easily see the Night Walker series turning into one of my guilty pleasures. For me, it has a little bit of that Christine Feehan Carpathian feel. Old world, powerful heroes who are like vampires, but not quite vampires. Men who cherish their women, treat them like they hung the moon, and have a kind of hot sex with them that feels more sensual than dirty. All that good stuff without any white lightning, molten cores, or velvet over iron.

This particular story is kind of sequel, or maybe e
Carey Sabala
So first a little synopsis, you have drool worthy fashion rebel, Kane and you have "Rita", Marguerite Rousseau, as a thief who catches the eye of Kane. Kane is intrigued by her but he is well aware they come from two different worlds and nothing can ever bring those worlds together although little does he know, she's closer to his world then he knows........*evil cackle, muahahahaha* - totally not going to give any more spoilers then that. Lisa does a fabulous job blending a typical historical r ...more
Sabrina
I loved this book but can you blame me. The cover is gorgeous and then you add a sexy vampire named Kane and I was hooked.

Kane is an immortal charged with looking out for humans even though he drinks blood he only drinks from those who would do harm. Marguerite has her own agenda she is know as the Le Voleur D’or, or the golden thief. She is stealing to make enough money to get away from her monster of master. Kane is intrigued by Rita so he sets up a plan to meet her at a party by wearing his
Paranormal Reads

Jessica Cline
There are several things I love about this novella. The clean writing style is rich and detailed, giving the reader the ability to jump into this novella without reading the first book of the series. The similarities and differences between nightwalkers and vampires created a fresh new take on the common vampire theme. Lastly, a heroine pickpocket was just such a fun change. I love when a heroine can take care of herself.

Kane was an interesting character. There was enough information given about
Marlene
Originally posted at Reading Reality

Night Thief is both a prequel and a sequel to Lisa Kessler's Night Walker, the first published book in her Night series. I'll say up front that I loved Night Walker (review here), and I read Night Thief because I was eager to learn more of her mysterious creatures who are, but are not quite, vampires.

Night Thief takes place earlier in history, Paris in the 1840s instead of San Diego California in the present, but we read it after Night Walker, so we know the N
Michelle
This was my first from Lisa Kessler and first in the Night Series for me. I’ll admit, I was a little bit lost with the world since I jumped in with story 1.5. But, I do enjoy historicals, especially those set outside of England, and paranormal so this was a fun treat for me. I enjoyed the dynamics between Rita and Kane. She’s a young woman in a male dominated society trying to make the best for herself and her cousin. When they get caught in a bad situation, Rita does what she can to improve the ...more
Denise
When Kane thinks he sees a woman stealing from a man at a party, his curiosity is piqued. They call her Le Voleur D'or (The golden thief). She noticed his jeweled watch, he noticed her beauty. Each had a mission to run into each other again (albeit not for the same reasons).

Marguerite is desperate to get get out from under her "master". Men have hurt her in the past and she is always on guard. When Kane catches her going through her "finds" (including his jeweled watch); she denies being Le Vol
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
I love this author’s writing! She is just soooooooooo good at what she does. My first thought when I finished reading this was… WHY DID I NOT READ THIS IN OCTOBER WHEN IT WAS RELEASED?!
**yes in caps because I literally yelled at myself**

I loved that I didn’t need a refresh on Night Walker to love this book – it is a completely separate story. IMO, you don’t have to read Night Walker first… If you want an easy, fast, fun, and well written story look no further – pick this book up.
What else… oh I
Froggarita
Oh, Lisa Kessler has done it again!! She has captured my imagination with this novella and run off with it! Rita is a beautiful blond who also happens to be an art thief. Kane is all dark and mysterious immortal vampire who protects humans while they sleep. I loved the interaction between the 2 and the chemistry was off the charts! The book was quick paced and kept me enthralled in the story until the very end! My only wish is that the book was longer so I could spend more time with Rita and Kan ...more
* Booksessed * Bec
4.5 Stars

Wow, this was a brilliant read. Very descriptive with a great plot and characters.
For a short read it had so much packed in to it, action, romance, and of course a hot alpha male I'm sure we'd all love to stumble upon.
I found I couldn't put it down and I'm definitely looking jumping on to the next one

This book was provided by the author through the PNR NaUBA group author/reader exchange
Sin
Night Thief is another winner for Lisa Kessler. Kane & Rita's story has it all.
The distrust turned to love makes your heart ache for this couple. The ending made me cry. I was so happy for them. Can not wait to see the further adventures of Kane & Rita along with Kane's brothers :)

A must read for all Lisa Kessler fans.
Rachael Davila
Oct 15, 2012 Rachael Davila rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Rachael by: Lisa Kessler
I loved Kane and Rita's story. After Lisa read the first chapter at our local Lady Jane Salon, I was hooked. I finished the novella in one day and learned so much more about the Night Walker world. I loved the dialogue and supporting characters. Makes me want to go back and re-read NightWalker.
I loved reading Night Thief. It's a very beautiful story. The characters and their relationship is wonderfully written. The world building is excellent since Lisa really makes you feel like you're there in Paris, France and not just reading along. I can't wait to read the next book in the series!
Nic
Amazing check nicsnominations.blogspot.co.uk for full review
Olivia Welch
Just love the plot of this one! Kane and the Theif! So perfect!
Eva Millien
Immortal Night Walker, Kane has taken refuge in France for over 800 years, but the modern world holds little interest to him until he captures a Golden Thief, but Marguerite holds a dark secret that could ruin them both in this mesmerizing paranormal romance. The Night Walker world created by Lisa Kessler is a fascinating world with some intriguing elements and captivating characters. This quick enjoyable read is but a tease to the series, but I was completely engrossed from beginning to end and ...more
Ally Benbrook
I love the characters and the story ... Amazing!
  • Blood Father (Blood Curse, #6)
  • Obsidian Souls (Souls, #1)
  • Archer's Lady (Bloodhounds, #3)
  • Hellhound: Prince of Fire (Hellhound, #3)
  • In Still Darkness (Immortal Guardians, #3.5)
  • Harker's Journey (Dalakis Passion, #1)
  • Dawn's Desire (Dark Kings, #0.3)
  • HellFire (DemonSlayers #2)
  • Predator's Serenade (Gemini Island Shifters, #2)
  • Wraith's Awakening (Para-Ops, #0.5)
  • Stop Dragon My Heart Around (Las Vegas Dragons, #2)
  • Within the Shadows (Shadow World, #1)
  • A Dream of Stone & Shadow (Dirk & Steele, #4)
  • Black Magic (Alpha Pack, #1.5)
  • To Hell and Back (League of Guardians, #1.5)
  • Sexy as Hell (More Than Men, #1)
  • Escaping Love (Koning Clan, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler...
Moonlight (Moon, #1) Night Walker (Night, #1) Beg Me to Slay Hunter's Moon (Moon, #2) Across the Veil